Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Video SL won't crossfade with TTM-56/SL-1

Product
Video-SL
Version
Video-SL
Scratch Live
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ SOLO 11:01 PM - 14 May, 2010
Product: video-sl
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.5.8
---

Hey!

I just installed the SSL 2.0 update as well as the demo version of Video SL, and everything seems to work except that it won't crossfade with my mixer (TTM-56). I looked to see in the setup if there was something I had to click or unclick and I didn't find anything that affected it.

I'm using SL-1, but here's the thing, I had a guy (professionally) build the box into my mixer, so it's a TTM-56 hybrid. Basically we took out the Mic and effects inputs and the usb plugs in there, and the "Lines" are harwired in so I hook my turntables directly to the "Line" inputs on my mixer. All the connections are legit and it was done properly to my specifications by someone who works on PC boards. But let me know if not having the "Phono" plugs in makes a difference. I didn't think it would since I'm not using Vinyl and the mixer is switched to line to use Video SL.

Thanks in advance for any help! I'm anxious to start working with Video SL...been waiting to use this for a loooong time.
DeeJay Fingers 12:46 AM - 15 May, 2010
Hello DJ Solo,

as far as i know i don't thing your able to mapp the cross fader on the 56 like you can on the 57.
DJ SOLO 3:43 AM - 15 May, 2010
So then I don't understand the point of having it work with SL-1 and SSL 2.0 if you can't use it without the TTM-57.
eder 9:10 PM - 15 May, 2010
Quote:
So then I don't understand the point of having it work with SL-1 and SSL 2.0 if you can't use it without the TTM-57.

You can use it, but it's been noted EVERYWHERE that you either need to use the keyboard or a midi controller to crossfade with the SL-1. The only two mixers I know of that will sync the crossfader with the video are the djm800 and the ttm57.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:12 AM - 17 May, 2010
Hi DJ SOLO,

The TTM 56 mixer has no MIDI so there is no way Scratch Live can detect the fader movements, hence why it can't control the the Video-SL crossfader. The TTM 57SL and Sixty-Eight mixers can do this automatically, or you can map the fader to a MIDI controller or a mixer with MIDI faders. You can also use the mouse or keyboard.
eder 4:15 AM - 17 May, 2010
last I heard you can't do it with the behringer MIDI mixer though...
DJ SOLO 5:06 AM - 17 May, 2010
Thanks! I guess I just need to get that 57.
DeeJay Fingers 5:07 AM - 17 May, 2010
Quote:
last I heard you can't do it with the behringer MIDI mixer though...

yes you can but you have to modd something inside...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:33 AM - 17 May, 2010
If the Behringer has a MIDI out then you should be able to use it, you may need to get a MIDI to USB converter though.
eder 5:43 AM - 17 May, 2010
Quote:
If the Behringer has a MIDI out then you should be able to use it, you may need to get a MIDI to USB converter though.

not so much.

serato.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 6:04 AM - 17 May, 2010
Ah ok, so the mixer isn't designed to do both audio and MIDI at the same time, that's a bummer.
1:22 AM, 2 Aug 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.