Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Sony

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
deejayprettyboy10@yahoo.com 6:14 PM - 1 May, 2010
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.0
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: pc
OS Version: win764
---

I keep getting audio drop out what else can i do to stop it? i connect another laptop and it works fine and when i connect my sony vaio again it will play for 2 min and the audio drops the wavelines keeps moving but no audio what can i do to fix it i try installing the drivers and the software again and its the same thing i would appreciated of someone can help me out thanks
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:18 PM - 2 May, 2010
try running SSL on a lower buffer setting, go into settings and move it down a notch or two, if that does not help check out the internet for various guides on how to reduce latency
deejayprettyboy10@yahoo.com 9:32 PM - 3 May, 2010
have it happen to u?
it happen to me several times now wen im mixing u know it will play for 2 mins and the music drops..
boba 9:54 PM - 3 May, 2010
i got a new s-series vaio, S11V9E. In 6 weeks i haven´t been able to get scratchlive to work properly. There see to be issues with the intel icore-processors.
which sony vaio do you have?
im desperately looking for a solution on this one since i have about 10 gigs in the next 8 weeks.
deejayprettyboy10@yahoo.com 9:57 PM - 3 May, 2010
Me too i been tryna fix the problem but idk yet i have the Sony - VAIO Laptop with Intel® Core™ i5 Processor - VPCS111FM/S
Does ur music drops as well?
boba 10:11 PM - 3 May, 2010
so we got the same processor.
i´ve had multiple issues. the laptop came with pre-installed win7 64bit. i tried versions
1.9.2 and 2.0. the 2.0-version i used hasn´t been the one that is out now though.
anyway it seemed to work at first, but the sound just dropped out after either a few minutes or about an hour. everytime that happened the music that comes out of the line-cables just vanished. thru-mode worked fine everytime.

things got even worse after i did a downgrade to xp. now the installation seems to be messed up everytime (i tried about 20 installations with different SLL-versions).
now the issue is that i can only use one deck at a time, the other one isn´t working at all. i don´t even see anything in the scope-view.
days
boba 10:16 PM - 3 May, 2010
oops i wasn´t done yet.

anyway: from what i´ve read here and elsewhere we have to talk to sony, we need a new bios maybe. at least that worked out for some other users that have an icore-processor but from a different vendor. i think we should try that.

the other way would be serato getting things to work with the icore, but i´m pretty sure they are already thinking about solutions.

till then there seems to be nothing we can do! like i read in a different thread: EVEN some admins said something like:"get rid of the laptop, don´t know when this is going to be fixed!"

grrrr...
deejayprettyboy10@yahoo.com 10:19 PM - 3 May, 2010
Damm that sucks i juts install serato on this comp like 2 weeks ago its new i useto have a mac and everything will work fine i hope theres someone out there that knows the issue cus i try installing ssl bout 5 times already
boba 10:28 PM - 3 May, 2010
there has to be a solution. i´ve been googling this the whole last week and we are definitely not the only ones who are having problems! i am pretty sure that many problems i´ve read tha past week regarding usb-problems are connected to this issue.
there is a little more information in the faq-section. you might check that out but i´m afraid we´re both in the exact same mess since we got (almost) the same laptop
deejayprettyboy10@yahoo.com 10:34 PM - 3 May, 2010
Yea i know ive seen similar issues in the forum im just waiting for a respond because i have gigs coming up and its gonna be embarrassed if the music stop u know specially at really big clubs
boba 10:38 PM - 3 May, 2010
i know what u mean. but right now i wouldn´t take the laptop to any gig. seems like i have to borrow my buddys 5 year old Amilo for the next 2 months or so. seems pointless because i bought the sony almost entirely to have my own serato-laptop.
deejayprettyboy10@yahoo.com 10:43 PM - 3 May, 2010
This should be the issue try this and lemmekno
There is a known issue with computers that have i series processors. There is an FAQ about it here:

www.serato.com

You can try updating your BIOS which may fix this. There is a BIOS update for your machine here:

esupport.sony.com

Let me know how you go with this.
boba 10:50 PM - 3 May, 2010
Already tried everything in the faq plus i have the latest bios.. :(
But let me know if these tips are helpful for you.

Gonna write to sony and let u know about replies.
deejayprettyboy10@yahoo.com 10:59 PM - 3 May, 2010
Alright lemme kno..
im gonna try this lets see if it works for my laptop..
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:23 PM - 4 May, 2010
Hey guys,

Yes.. unfortunately, as you know, this is a known issue.
As far as I know there isn't much we can do on our end.
The manufacturers need to come out with a BIOS update to get these processors working well with other devices:(
deejayprettyboy10@yahoo.com 4:39 PM - 4 May, 2010
Hey zach,

So theres no way we can get it to work? even if we update the bios??
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:46 PM - 4 May, 2010
As far as I know the fix is going to need to come from a BIOS update put out by the manufacturer of your computer.
As of now, there isn't anything I know of that we can do on our end:(
deejayprettyboy10@yahoo.com 8:11 PM - 4 May, 2010
I just updated my bios yesterday ima give it a try lets see if it wroks now hopefully..
boba 8:23 PM - 4 May, 2010
let me know if it´s been of any help.
yesterday i wrote to sony support europe (i´m from germany), i´m waiting for a replay.
you might write something to sony usa as well, that might help. i´ve been looking for bios-updates on the .com-page. even though there are different models of the s-series around in europe and the us, it seems the bios is the same.
boba 11:13 AM - 6 May, 2010
no reply from sony yet, everbody who´s havin the same problem please write messages to sony.com or sony europe. we need to push this thing a littel bit i guess ;)
deejayprettyboy10@yahoo.com 6:22 PM - 6 May, 2010
Yesss we do cus im guessing alot of ppl are having the same problem and it sucks because i have alot of gigs coming up and my comp wont wrok still
boba 9:43 AM - 7 May, 2010
just got an answer from sony europe.
they told me, that their usb-ports work according to the given standards and that they have no informations about any problems. their advice was to contact serato directly.

haha
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:05 PM - 7 May, 2010
We were told by Serato yesterday that users will probably get that answer from a general tech support person.. pass the buck style.. but if you ask to speak with a manager then you should get a different, correct, answer.. which is that its an issue with how these processors handle usb devices. A BIOS update is going to be needed to fix it.
deejayprettyboy10@yahoo.com 7:40 PM - 7 May, 2010
i updated my bios now and i try running serato and it worked fine for bout 2 hours and the the usb drop what can i do?
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:16 PM - 10 May, 2010
Unfortunately, at this point, we're going to have to wait until the manufacturer of your computer puts out a BIOS update for your computer:(
boba 6:25 PM - 10 May, 2010
i wrote another mail to sony europe.
i don´t like this "it´s your problem"-attitude.
i will keep writing till they come up with sumthin. if they were smart they would contact intel on their own. i doubt that they even have close contact to sony usa or whereever.

the time they spend to write shitty replies they should invest in getting the problem
solved!
boba 7:07 AM - 12 May, 2010
got another reply, nothing new though.

seems i am teh only user who has been writing a message about that problem.
they say it´s gotta be a bug in the software
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:34 PM - 12 May, 2010
This is a quote from Matt C from Serato:

Quote:
Dell are one of the biggest laptop manufactures. They do know:
en.community.dell.com
I know that this isn't quite exactly the same thing, but Dell are most certainly aware of the issue. This is just one example of the i-Series mainboard issues needing a BIOS update. Not really worth reading it all, but some BIOS updates help, some don't. This type of issues is widespread throughout the internet, multiple companies, forums and support centers.

If you talk to them ask to speak to a manager. If that doesn't help ask to speak to THEIR manager (there is always someone higher). Ask what they are doing about this and when to expect a working BIOS update for USB peripheral connectivity issues that is occurring from their laptops.

Hopefully the more pressure the faster they will go.

It's unfortunate this is taking so long, I'm sorry that this is causing problems, trust me when I say we would LOVE for this to be resolved. Being at the mercy of hardware companies is always hard. We are lucky that we are small enough to be able to maneuver fast when we have a bug with our software, however many large companies these kinds of things can take a while.

Thanks again for your patience :D
Dj. Dr. Smooth 10:02 PM - 13 May, 2010
hello. i just bought a sony vaio VPCEA100C with the specs of i5 processor, 4g ram, 1g video mem, 500g of hard disk and a pre-installed win7 64bit home edition in it. i decide to reformat this because i don't like some of the programs intalled in it so i install win7 64bit ultimate edition and download the drivers on sony site. i have notice that my bios version is more updated so i did not update my bios. after i installed the OS and all the necessary drivers next is the SSL 2.0. after all the work, i use this machine in the club for 5 hours straight a night for a week now and i have not experience anything with it. it works very very well for me. i am not suggesting to follow what i did i just want to share my experience with sony vaio. it is up to the readers or to the owners of this machine if they will follow me or not...

Peace.... :D

More Power... :D
deejayprettyboy10@yahoo.com 1:25 AM - 2 July, 2010
My Usb keeps dropping everytime im mixing for some reason i updated my bios and still doing it idk why can someone help me?
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:15 PM - 2 July, 2010
I'm sorry we don't have anything new to report at this time.
Our engineers are still testing with these computers.
deejayprettyboy10@yahoo.com 7:41 PM - 4 July, 2010
Aw man so that means it gonna kepp doing that>?