DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Keith Elam a.k.a Guru R.I.P

Maciej Hermanowski 12:22 PM - 20 April, 2010
Got this sad news today. His work affected my life in a big way. Rest in peace.

www.uncutmagazine.net

Watchwww.youtube.com
AMF 12:31 PM - 20 April, 2010
R.I.P. Guru
DJ Alkemy 12:34 PM - 20 April, 2010
R.I.P Guru. I was gutted he kind of dissed Premo in his letter to his fans but I suppose none of us know what happened between them. They made some classic records together though, Guru truly will be missed.
DJ TOGTFO 12:41 PM - 20 April, 2010
Gifted Unlimited Rhyme Universal.. Rip
tomd05 12:46 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
R.I.P Guru. I was gutted he kind of dissed Premo in his letter to his fans but I suppose none of us know what happened between them. They made some classic records together though, Guru truly will be missed.

word i taught that was fucked up..with out premo he wouldnt have half the classics he has under his belt..so to say he wants nothing to do with his "ex-Dj" is fucked up premo was more than just a Dj for him
R.I.P
DJ Nin 12:53 PM - 20 April, 2010
One of my favorite emcees of all time. RIP.
sixxx 12:56 PM - 20 April, 2010
I think those were the words of Solar, not Guru.

But, until the real truth comes out....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:01 PM - 20 April, 2010
R.I.P. Dude...
tomd05 1:03 PM - 20 April, 2010
na it was a letter that guru wrote to his fans and loved ones in hospital but i know solar said some shit like that before so who knows maybe guru didnt even write it and solar is talking shit..i hope he didnt write it
Joee 1:07 PM - 20 April, 2010
i alway liked how a gang star record would always have that little part in there, where the dj did his little skrachin, something thats ways always done in hip hop, than people forgot about the dj it was just the mc, but a gangstar record always showcased the dj
sixxx 1:10 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
na it was a letter that guru wrote to his fans and loved ones in hospital but i know solar said some shit like that before so who knows maybe guru didnt even write it and solar is talking shit..i hope he didnt write it

I don't believe Guru would have written it..... but I'm just going to wait until the truth comes out. If it ever does.
papsworth 1:20 PM - 20 April, 2010
bummer.

he did his thing while he was here though, so cheers to that.
DJ Alkemy 1:29 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I don't believe Guru would have written it..... but I'm just going to wait until the truth comes out. If it ever does.

There was a family member of Guru's complaining that Solar wouldnt allow any of his family to see him while he was in hospital, how he was allowed to do that Im not sure but if that was the case then maybe Solar was controlling the situation how he wanted. I would have liked to think that Guru, in his last days would have wanted to bury the hatchet with Premo and give him his due considering all the classics they made but I suppose none of us know and maybe never know the truth.
DJ Dynamight 1:54 PM - 20 April, 2010
R.I.P. Guru!
DJ GaFFle 1:56 PM - 20 April, 2010
R.I.P. Guru

Solar seems shady; if he has done some underhandedness, in relation to Guru, I hope he gets handled...
slimmjimm 2:00 PM - 20 April, 2010
I don't know really what happened between him and Premo, and until then, I call b.s.

In any case R.I.P Guru
Mike_P 2:04 PM - 20 April, 2010
damn, i thought he was getting better. RIP we've lost another legend.

i heard the exact same thing as alkemy and heard that he had released letters that were supposedly from guru but were suspect.
Joee 2:13 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There was a family member of Guru's complaining that Solar wouldnt allow any of his family to see him while he was in hospital, how he was allowed to do that Im not sure but if that was the case then maybe Solar was controlling the situation how he wanted. I would have liked to think that Guru, in his last days would have wanted to bury the hatchet with Premo and give him his due considering all the classics they made but I suppose none of us know and maybe never know the truth.

power of attorney!!! thats my guess, and why would he even have power of attorney, you figure It Out
DJ GOODFOOT 2:26 PM - 20 April, 2010
GURU was a hip hop icon and one of my favorite MCs. How sad that his last words to his fans were filled with bitterness and not love and thanks, what a shame.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:30 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:

"I, Guru, am writing this letter to my fans, friends and loved ones around the world. I have had a long battle with cancer and have succumbed to the disease.

that does sound like someone else wrote it.....1st off who speaks in past tense on death...it kinda reads like "I ,guru not solar def guru, died yesterday and i would just like to tell my fans"ect ect
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:35 PM - 20 April, 2010
WOW and the entire second part of the letter is kising solars ass...lol...WOW...ya it does sound fishy, what kinda dud writes a goodby letter and ups his boy in an entire paragraph then kinda mentuions..oh ya i got a son too i forget his name at the momented, but any awards or money im owed should be accepted by SOLAR and whatshisname...but mostly solar....as far as the money goes at least
terrible1fi 3:06 PM - 20 April, 2010
that so fishy. but regardless, RIP Guru.....real sad day today....
Joee 3:08 PM - 20 April, 2010
who the Fu<K is solar any way! super producer my @ss
illmatic 3:47 PM - 20 April, 2010
RIP Guru
Culprit 3:49 PM - 20 April, 2010
RIP GURU
ral 3:51 PM - 20 April, 2010
rip guru
dj hammurabi 3:52 PM - 20 April, 2010
I don't see how anyone would be able to celebrate Guru's music career without Premo. Gang Starr defined hip-hop for many. I hope Premo says fuck it and does an all out tribute.

Peace to Guru. Peace to Gang Starr.
DJ GaFFle 3:53 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
...How sad that his last words to his fans were filled with bitterness and not love and thanks, what a shame.

Come on man... that's sheep talk. I concur with most people on here in that it doesn't seem right. It sounds totally fabricated by Solar and his camp.
PVK01 4:04 PM - 20 April, 2010
WHAT!!!????... I thought he was out of the hospital and doing great?!!

R.I.P.!!!
Idlemind1999 4:11 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

word i taught that was fucked up..with out premo he wouldnt have half the classics he has under his belt..so to say he wants nothing to do with his "ex-Dj" is fucked up premo was more than just a Dj for him
R.I.P

I wasnt 'actually" Guru that came out with that stuff... it was from Producer Solar, his "self-appointed" mouthpiece. Guru and Preem were still tight.... Solar is a jealous opportunist.
DJ.ReFRESH 4:18 PM - 20 April, 2010
R.I.P. Gifted Unlimited Rhymes Universal
DJUnknown 4:29 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

power of attorney!!! thats my guess, and why would he even have power of attorney, you figure It Out

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing but I ain't saying it. R.I.P. Guru
PVK01 4:32 PM - 20 April, 2010
I couldnt believe what was said about Primo... I dont think that anyone with the mid and spiritual energy that Guru had would say such a thing. How can someone say "screw you" at the time of that persons death? (Unless someone shot u and you see the murderer in the face) LOL
Audio1 4:43 PM - 20 April, 2010
MISTER CEE GETS PROPS. HE JUST SAID THIS.

Quote:
YOU CANT BE A HIP HOP DJ WITHOUT GANG STARR IN YOUR LAPTOP
Joee 4:46 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
I couldnt believe what was said about Primo... I dont think that anyone with the mid and spiritual energy that Guru had would say such a thing. How can someone say "screw you" at the time of that persons death? (Unless someone shot u and you see the murderer in the face) LOL

yes

Quote:

Quote:

& YESSS
Maskrider 4:46 PM - 20 April, 2010
R.I.P Guru
techjitsu 4:47 PM - 20 April, 2010
Peace to the G.O.D.
DJ CISC0 5:46 PM - 20 April, 2010
R.I.P Guru
AKIEM 6:25 PM - 20 April, 2010
someone should do a compute analysis of that letter, and compare it to Gurus other writing and Solars other writing - If I am not mistaken that type of evidence is admissible in court. what it looks like to me - there are some serious crimes being perpetrated here.

if you are in a coma how do you write a letter?
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:27 PM - 20 April, 2010
he coulda been on some serious meds when he wrote it
AMF 6:31 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:

Quote:

I'm gonna take it a step further.... YOU CANT BE A HIP HOP DJ WITHOUT HAVING A GANG STARR RECORD.

Hopefully it's a "Step in the Arena" album. But any of them will do, They were all pretty dope. =)
DJ DisGrace 6:32 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I'm gonna take it a step further.... YOU CANT BE A HIP HOP DJ WITHOUT HAVING A GANG STARR RECORD.

Hopefully it's a "Step in the Arena" album. But any of them will do, They were all pretty dope. =)

or doubles of "You Know My Steez"

I guess right now we can start the show?
RogerRabbit 6:37 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah.. My boy called me and said mr cee was crying on the radio.. But when I tuned on it was done... He was just blazing Guru's hits and having callers give their condolences...
DJ Alkemy 6:43 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I own every single Gangstarr release..they are one of the few groups that I can buy an LP of without hearing a single track, such is the confidence I have in their output.
DjLouSince82 6:44 PM - 20 April, 2010
Big Respect to the Legendary Guru, Rest in Peace..Gone but not forgoten. God all mighty be with you.
PVK01 7:37 PM - 20 April, 2010
Damn.... Solar is hella suspect...

www.hiphopsite.com

Super Producer? lol
dj poisonous handz 7:47 PM - 20 April, 2010
G A N G S T A R R F O R L I F E
DJ GaFFle 7:56 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I own every single Gangstarr release..they are one of the few groups that I can buy an LP of without hearing a single track, such is the confidence I have in their output.

+100

Quote:
G A N G S T A R R F O R L I F E

+101
Chrisjin 8:38 PM - 20 April, 2010
"Like I said I'm an ill kid, so never dare test me
They wanna arrest me 'cause I'm causing a frenzy
Fake gangsters come and fake gangsters go
Real gangsters chill 'cause real gangsters know
That quietly you stalk your prey on the down low" - Illest Brother

First song I ever heard and was a fan from then on. Jazzmatazz was my shit too.

RIP GURU
slimmjimm 9:59 PM - 20 April, 2010
Besides a bunch of bullshit, I'm really curious to what exactly Solar "super produced"

I'll be the first to admit I don't check liner notes much any more, but I've never heard of this douchebag.

Anybody care to enlighten?
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:00 PM - 20 April, 2010
dude dosent even have a wikipedia page
DjayRage 10:07 PM - 20 April, 2010
Rest In Power GURU.
DJ TOGTFO 10:14 PM - 20 April, 2010
DWYCK
dj buterd hams 2:18 AM - 21 April, 2010
rip guru!!!!!
agentorange 5:23 PM - 21 April, 2010
RIP to one of the illest and greatest emcees of my time. it's a shame we had a to lose another great. the seldom known genius poet, THE BALD HEAD SLICK.

damn, son. this dude has got me through all 4 years of h.s. listening to HARD TO EARN. educated a young brother. still mostly unknown by new cats. damn shame!

if ya'll dont know about this genius, look him up. now's a good time. RIP to one of the TRUE GREATS and MINDS in HIP HOP

BALD HEAD SLICK R>I>P>
"These are the words that I manifest.."

"BOOM, BASH, GASH, I HAD TO BREAK, I HAD TO GET AWAY. PACKED MY BAGS TO LEAVE FOR GOOD, IT WAS A MONDAY. KISSED MY MOMS AND GAVE MY POPS A POUND. AND THEN HE HUGGED ME AND THEN HE TURNED AROUND. I THREW THE DUFFEL BAG OVER MY SHOUDER, 'CAUSE IT WAS TIME TO GET PROPS, KID......."

-G-A-N-G- TO THE STARS SON!!
DJ Alkemy 6:09 PM - 21 April, 2010
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:25 PM - 21 April, 2010
First they said this dude was 43, now 47.

That Solar guy is frontin'.
AKIEM 6:27 PM - 21 April, 2010
Solar should write his own will now.
dj hammurabi 6:29 PM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
Solar should write his own will now.

Seriously. When the truth comes out...
djtbone 8:03 PM - 21 April, 2010
R.I.P. Guru
DJ Alkemy 11:43 PM - 21 April, 2010
DJ Premier releases statement:

www.allhiphop.com
DJ Alkemy 11:46 PM - 21 April, 2010
Now something is definately up and Preo knows it.
DJ Alkemy 11:46 PM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
Now something is definately up and Preo knows it.

*Premo
DJ Goce 12:40 AM - 22 April, 2010
R.I.P. Guru...
One of the best yet...
.. and Fuck Solar....
He robbed all of us from at least one
more Gang Starr album.....
DJDDT 12:58 AM - 22 April, 2010
I miss my white-label copies of "Dwyck" with the acapella on'em...

Damn.

R.I.P. Keithy E
DJ JV 2:15 PM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:
I'll be the first to admit I don't check liner notes much any more, but I've never heard of this douchebag.

I really hope your talking about Solar and not Guru.

RIP to one of the most brilliant poets and MC's ever. I played Ex Girl To The Next Girl last weekend at a friends house party. Always a great joint to raise the mellow energy a little.
DJYoshi 2:30 PM - 22 April, 2010
I remember the 1st time I got a chance to meet Keith.... for all that he's accomplished he was and is 1 of the most down to earth people that I've had the pleasure of working with.

He was truly appreciative of all that I did while working his project. He was loyal and kept coming back to our small company for promotions and grassroots marketing.
He even sat and knocked out over a thousand drops in 1 weekend for all the DJ's on my list at the time....

Rest in Peace GURU. always in our hearts and NEVER forgotten.
Logisticalstyles 6:10 PM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing but I ain't saying it. R.I.P. Guru

O.k, so it's not just me. I ain't saying it either, but I'm getting calls and texts saying it.
Joee 6:51 PM - 22 April, 2010
"i hate fake mc's they wanna act hard but won't walk the street's without there bodyguard"
that was my SH!T
Mr Jimdobalina 8:42 PM - 22 April, 2010
Damn, just heard

R.I.P. GURU
Dj Shamann 9:48 PM - 22 April, 2010
I don't know if you guys have seen this video of Solar responding to some of the accusations... dude is not a good liar at all.

www.worldstarhiphop.com

Piece of shit.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:52 PM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:
I don't know if you guys have seen this video of Solar responding to some of the accusations... dude is not a good liar at all.

www.worldstarhiphop.com

Piece of shit.

they had a thing about that on MTV news today..i didnt see it but it had it on the lil scrolly thing on the bottom of the screen
HektikDj 3:43 PM - 23 April, 2010
Yeah you can tell this guy was just straight up lying.
DJ DisGrace 5:10 PM - 23 April, 2010
"I'd also make mental notes"

wow
DJ A.N.G. 6:30 PM - 23 April, 2010
Yeah, Speaking of memories... I had the great Pleasure of meeting Guru on a number of occasions. Sometimes just casually in the streets of Manhattan while on my Record label Runs. I also was with him for the last Gangstarr Colabo Project , (The Ownerz).. And Both He and Premo blessed me with several Drops for my mixtape projects.. Thing is, dude was mad respectful. And never on some next ish*** As an up an coming Mixtape D.J. Back then, it was refreshing to meet a Hip Hop Legend that was Humble. As a matter of fact, one of the few cats that actually stayed and had a real convo with me after I got my Drop.

All that being said, I dont believe for a second, that this bogus letter that Solar suposedly said came from Guru is legit. It definatly does not depict his demeanor.

R.I.P. GURU, And long Live Gangstarr!!!!
SELECT 6:50 PM - 23 April, 2010
His brother just wrote this about him-
www.boston.com
slimmjimm 7:25 PM - 23 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I really hope your talking about Solar and not Guru.

RIP to one of the most brilliant poets and MC's ever. I played Ex Girl To The Next Girl last weekend at a friends house party. Always a great joint to raise the mellow energy a little.

Reading comprehension > you. Maybe you missed the first part:

Quote:
Besides a bunch of bullshit, I'm really curious to what exactly Solar "super produced"

Don't mean to be a dick, JV, I just don't get to play one that often.

Back on topic, the vids tell all, this guy is a liar. He's obviously never had a girlfriend before, because if he did, he would have at least some rudimentary skill at making up bullshit on the spot when someone calls you out on it.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:31 PM - 23 April, 2010
Well, there's apparently more MOISTNESS to this story than what's on the surface...

I'll just leave it at that...
DJ DisGrace 7:43 PM - 23 April, 2010
who has a link to the MR Cee hot 97 tribute set from tuesday????
agentorange 9:01 PM - 23 April, 2010
Quote:
His brother just wrote this about him-
www.boston.com

that was fckin beautiful bro.
agentorange 9:01 PM - 23 April, 2010
Quote:
who has a link to the MR Cee hot 97 tribute set from tuesday????

+x+x+x 1,000,000
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:06 PM - 23 April, 2010
smashvids uppded like 3 gang star vids...gonna try and drop em all tongiht
Joee 9:10 PM - 23 April, 2010
wordddddd
Joee 9:12 PM - 23 April, 2010
damm no dwyck or mass appeal
AKIEM 11:17 PM - 23 April, 2010
Quote:
Well, there's apparently more MOISTNESS to this story than what's on the surface...

I knew you had the inside knowledge on this one...
Culprit 1:28 AM - 24 April, 2010
didnt smash release mass appeal a while back? or was that xtenda..
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:53 PM - 24 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, I'm surprised YOU didn't speak up, as he is one of "Yours".
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:54 PM - 24 April, 2010
Assalamu Alaikum
terrible1fi 2:20 PM - 24 April, 2010
terrible1fi 2:20 PM - 24 April, 2010
/\ mr cee mix....
AKIEM 10:51 PM - 24 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, I'm surprised YOU didn't speak up, as he is one of "Yours".

I teach Knowledge Wisdom Understand - those fellows seamed to be on some knowledgeknowledge stuff - thats why I thought YOU knew the inside shit. And that would make him one of "Yours".
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:59 PM - 24 April, 2010
Quote:

I teach Knowledge Wisdom Understand - those fellows seamed to be on some knowledgeknowledge stuff - thats why I thought YOU knew the inside shit. And that would make him one of "Yours".

That's "Knowledge Wisdom UnderstandING". but you obviously fail at that also.

I understand your plight though, your lack of menalin makes you yearn to prove yourself via a different vehicle...

But the days of the "Al-B Sure's" are done, my brova.

Peace.
AKIEM 9:51 AM - 25 April, 2010
haha wow - trying to hit me hard huh?

I teach Knowledge + Wisdom, (do you) Understand? Not that knowledge-knowledge that you seam to be dealing with.

Its 'melanin', not "menalin" and I do not "lack" any. And I am not trying to 'prove' myself - mater of fact I hardly speak of NGE, on here or anyplace. Think what you will.

So what, you google my image and try to talk shit about my shade? We come in many, you should be a shamed.

I guess you really are mad about something - maybe how you came out in that other thread. Once you are out - you are out.

Anyway I still have much love and respect for Guru and his music
(even if he was on Jonnys team)

Its too bad that this thread is so short
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:47 PM - 25 April, 2010
Quote:
haha wow - trying to hit me hard huh?

I teach Knowledge + Wisdom, (do you) Understand? Not that knowledge-knowledge that you seam to be dealing with.

Its 'melanin', not "menalin" and I do not "lack" any. And I am not trying to 'prove' myself - mater of fact I hardly speak of NGE, on here or anyplace. Think what you will.

So what, you google my image and try to talk shit about my shade? We come in many, you should be a shamed.

I guess you really are mad about something - maybe how you came out in that other thread. Once you are out - you are out.

Anyway I still have much love and respect for Guru and his music
(even if he was on Jonnys team)

Its too bad that this thread is so short

My brother, how can you "Teach" someone ANYTHING, and you can't even SAY it right?

On top of that, before you "teach", a TEACHER would know how to spell correctly...

Quote:
Not that knowledge-knowledge that you seam to be dealing with.

Quote:
We come in many, you should be a shamed.

You know I ain't battin' for the "other" team, but those who are, (or are trying to prove themselves) always look at ways to attack others.

You've already confessed that I "unnerve" you at times, and this must be one of those times.

Your confusion comes from within, and trying to "fit in", and one day, you will become satisfied with the person that you are.

I still have mad respect for your technical expertise, but ....all that other "Wisdom"?

Stop playin...

I guess I can't actually call you a "Spade" huh?

But you get my drift.

Oh, and spell my name right.
DJ TOGTFO 7:33 PM - 25 April, 2010
you tow should just fuck and get it over with.
DJ TOGTFO 7:34 PM - 25 April, 2010
*two
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:35 PM - 25 April, 2010
Quote:
you two should just fuck and get it over with.

No sir, as much as he'd like to subliminally hint at such a henious act, I respectfully decline.

But agan, I understand his plight. If you've ever seen the Spike Lee movie "School Daze", you instantly recognize him as being one of the "Wanna-Be's", trying so desparately to "fit in", since the Al B Sure era has passed.

All the gay references are nothing but a smoke screen to deflect one's own tendencies onto another.

As he is supposidly "one of us", I will refrain from talking down to him, and will try my best to educate the young brother, so that he may not end up as a statistic.

I can only imagine the neglect he's experienced by not having a strong male role model in his life.

For that, I forgive him, and offer a suggestion that he rent this movie, ----->www.imdb.com, come to grips with his identity, cry himself to sleep, and when he wakes up, all will be better in his world.

Until then, I wish him the best in his quest for ridding himself of self-hatred.

Peace
DJ Alkemy 9:38 PM - 25 April, 2010
Zzzzzzzzz...stop hijacking the thread with this BS guys, take it somewhere else.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:48 PM - 25 April, 2010
Quote:
Zzzzzzzzz...stop hijacking the thread with this BS guys, take it somewhere else.

You're right.

Akiem, you are welcome to hit me up in PM for guidance.

Peace and blessings.
AKIEM 11:53 PM - 25 April, 2010
Last time I said "hello" or whatever in a PM you reported me to Sam.

Johnny (spelling your name right because I am talking to you). IF I came speaking all types of the wisdom that most of the NGE use to attract people to our message - you could have a point about my security. But since that is not the way I do my duty you are mistaken. The only person up in here that I have even mentioned this to is you. My opinion is that this is not the proper forum - unless it comes up. I have no problem educating people about the Nation. In public or private.

I do not wear a dashikis, african medallions, head wraps, kufis, etc. I dont pic out my afro (since the days of my hightop) I dont try to change my shade in the sun - etc. I dont try to pair myself with dark women exclusively. And I have never been this way. I dont dressed all thugged out ether (aside from dickies and hats). I dont speak with an emphasis on ebonics. My name I was born with, and my last name is a slave name (literally). I am nearing 40, Ive had plenty of time to deal with any insecurities like these or others.

If I had something to prove here - I really dont think that I am doing that good of a job.

If I am insecure about anything it is my greying beard and larger gut - not my skin color that you want to make issue with.

Even if I could 'pass' - we both know that there have been some great leaders who maybe could have 'passed' - sir, you do them a disservice with your said attitude as will (which is obviously internet bold at the moment, and I dont actually believe)

And for the jokes:
Johnny - even though you have expressed 'homophobic' points of view in the past here (which itself is suspect) it really did sound like you were coming out of the closet in this thread. serato.com I was actually talking about a gay dj named Jonny M (wild fruit).

BUT - you come running into the thread with some 'get the name right honey' - 'fabulous I love threads about me' and even drop mad knowledge about Chic (DJs version of show tunes). You OWNED the thread, you MADE it yours, it really did sound like you were coming out the closet. Perhaps I was doing you a service - save you from this solar situation. Too bad the thread was locked - even though it was not really about you, a fellow forum member.

Once again respect for Keith E.

I hope this thread will grow. If our argument is a disruption, my apologies.
Johnny, if you have anything else of a personal nature to say to me, feel free to hit me in a PM - I will not report you to the mods - or reveal anything else you wish to further confess.
AKIEM 11:56 PM - 25 April, 2010
Also: I think argument here is actually 'on topic'
CMOS 11:58 PM - 25 April, 2010
Yall two really gonna get a RIP Guru thread Locked?

SMH

Yall old mofukkas need to set examples.

Thats right i said it.
AKIEM 12:09 AM - 26 April, 2010
I think its a shame that the way Gurus life ended in a way that lent itself to thread lockable material.

This fucking solar fellow - how could Guru allow this situation to happen? Whatever position Guru played in private, this is some bullshit. Its sad because it hurts the Gangstarr legacy that he went out this way.

Makes me want to check to make sure my own affairs are in order.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:39 AM - 26 April, 2010
Akiem,
Thank you for your reply, but you know as well as I know, that I am as straight as an arrow.

The problem here, IMO, is again, your concern with another man's sexuality.

Chic is the greatest Disco band of their time, and for you to associate some type of adverse sexuality with knowledge of said band, directly associated with the DJ, as your "reason", is nothing more of a cover up for whatever is really bothering you.

I have obviously been on your mind enough for the "unnerving" to occur.

When "YOUR" thread was locked, that should have been it, but of course, your unsatisfied need to make some type of "connection" with me held firm, and you brought it to THIS thread.

Again, you are a smart dude, and that thread you made, well, I expected something better from you, again that was on Bezzle's level.

You can do better than that, or I'm just giving you too much credit from the door.

You're right, this is NOT the proper forum to try and build, but I am very serious when I say another man should not have an effect on you, as I have.

You are nearing 40, I am 43, and yes we should be examples, but you should recognize TRUE wisdom when it is right in your face.

You and Guru have a lot in common, (and you know what I'm talking about) and I understand the underlying demons that may be surfacing to the top.

I agree that you should definitely check to make sure your OWN affairs are in order, and regardless, I have already forgiven you for your remarks and such.

I understand your plight, and wish you the best going forward.

Peace and blessings.
AKIEM 2:42 AM - 26 April, 2010
apply all the above words to yourself - and keep it moving
If you have anything else personal or disruptive to the forum (which is the only thing "unnerving" about you) say it in PM.

Now you know - if I say 'Jonny M' its the other gay DJ, not you.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:57 AM - 26 April, 2010
Again, I forgive you, and wish you well in your search for closure.

Keep it "Kool".
Idlemind1999 9:37 PM - 29 April, 2010
When Miles Davis died, my best friends father was crushed... I think even even stayed home from work a few days...

It struck up a conversation about what we would do when our idols started to die. Unfortunately various forms of wreckless behavior from that era made it so we didnt have to wait until they got old; but the feeling was the same... we were in shock.

This loss is one that even though we knew it was serious, we kinda figured he'd pull thru.. and getting the final word was still a shock.

There was a pretty short list of artists whose death would probably disable me for a few days, but Guru would have never been on that list, somehow now I guess it ended up there anyway.
DJ DisGrace 5:33 PM - 30 April, 2010
my Guru tribute video mix made "mix of the week" on www.sceedle.com

20+ Gangstarr/Guru videos

sceedle.com