Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

OLDSCHOOL VIDEOS

Serius T 2:17 PM - 29 March, 2010
anyone with a good source of old school videos am linked to videotoolz plus smash vidz but they slow am looking for lost boyz videos,wu-tang,foxyy brown???anyone with a link help??
Rebelguy 3:22 PM - 29 March, 2010
Quote:
anyone with a good source of old school videos am linked to videotoolz plus smash vidz but they slow am looking for lost boyz videos,wu-tang,foxyy brown???anyone with a link help??

How can they be slow if all of the songs are old school. haha. You gotta realize that a lot of that stuff is just plain hard to get. I have been slowly finding that kind of stuff here and there but if you are expecting to find a pool or site that has a large collection available for download you are going to be in for a long wait.
GRiNDBoX 3:33 PM - 29 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

How can they be slow if all of the songs are old school. haha. You gotta realize that a lot of that stuff is just plain hard to get. I have been slowly finding that kind of stuff here and there but if you are expecting to find a pool or site that has a large collection available for download you are going to be in for a long wait.

i agree with yah bro
Joshua Carl 4:38 PM - 29 March, 2010
So hard to get... we know they exist... but sometimes tracking down that original
has proven to be quite a task... unless someone finds a goldmine, I dont think we are
gonna see too many old skool hiphop videos surface.

I will Say that Xtendamix is pretty damn good about 90s hiphop.
and while you can only polish some of those videos so much they certainly have
a fair amount, both in the hiphop and on the r&b tip... stuff I dont see too many
other places.

you might also want to look for mp4krazytoons... some of their mixes are WAY too
long... like 32x4 on the intro, but u can always adjust your cue-points accordingly.

and like mentioned Smash brings some great quality old school to the table.

Both mixmash and PromoOnly have old school dvds, as well as the last 2-3 tracks on the dvd are usually "throwbacks"
dvdj havoc 6:20 PM - 29 March, 2010
i got a few wu-tang that i got from their actual music dvds and not a service. they are pretty old that you can go look at best buy or frys or amazon
lvmez 6:39 PM - 29 March, 2010
look on amazon for artist collections.
Funkytownstopsix 7:57 PM - 29 March, 2010
When you think of Wu-Tang you have to think of Cream....
Steve Dub. 9:23 PM - 29 March, 2010
Yep, use your resources. I've got a pretty good old school collection (but of course once you find one you've been looking for you think of another one you want)

Do a lot of Google diggin. There are plenty of blogs out there. Of course it's not legal so I'm not going to name any of them here.

And of course like the others said, Promo Only etc. Itunes might have a few things your looking for as well. I wish their video selection was like their music selection. But even then the quality is hit or miss.
Steve Dub. 9:24 PM - 29 March, 2010
And there is a Wu-Tang video collection DVD out there. And I've also seen the old Lost Boyz & Foxy Brown vidz. Again, Google is your friend.
tomatoslice 6:24 AM - 31 March, 2010
i just got a Wu Tang dvd...netflix

finding old school vids is like digging for records. only the records are videos

everyone has their spots.
and every once in a while you meet a fellow collector and they give you some tips or hook you up. then you should make every attempt to return the favor.

that's just how i see it

to those that have hooked me up...thank you!! i owe you
DJDaveOtt 6:36 AM - 31 March, 2010
Quote:

+1
djrayray0981 4:03 PM - 31 March, 2010
Quote:
i just got a Wu Tang dvd...netflix

finding old school vids is like digging for records. only the records are videos

everyone has their spots.
and every once in a while you meet a fellow collector and they give you some tips or hook you up. then you should make every attempt to return the favor.

that's just how i see it

Anytime bro
FunkyRob 10:38 PM - 31 March, 2010
the #1 rule about netflix, is don't talk about netflix

but here are some nuggets (to preview before you buy)

www.netflix.com

www.netflix.com

www.netflix.com

www.netflix.com

www.netflix.com

www.netflix.com

DVD's with actual music videos are actually kind of hard to find on there.
FunkyRob 10:56 PM - 31 March, 2010
wow

www.netflix.com

if found if you search the words

video collection

there, seems to be some good stuff that pops up.
Rebelguy 11:23 PM - 31 March, 2010
Quote:
wow

www.netflix.com

if found if you search the words

video collection

there, seems to be some good stuff that pops up.

I am not sure I am more depressed that you are listing all those or that I actually bought them all awhile back...haha.
FunkyRob 12:30 AM - 1 April, 2010
also, don't forget about itunes.

browse, by genre and then artist.

I've been seeing some good stuff

Heavy D. & The Boyz, Ice Cube, Gang Starr, Lil' Troy, LL Cool J (tons of stuff), Mad Lion, MC Lyte, Method Man & Redman, N.W.A, Outkast, Postive K, Run-DMC (many got soundtrack noise though), The Notorious B.I.G., Too $hort (also listed as Too Short)

It's almost endless. All in + format too from what I've been browsing. All for 1.49 or 1.99.
Serius T 6:46 AM - 1 April, 2010
thanks people!!
Funkytownstopsix 2:20 PM - 1 April, 2010
www.amazon.com is the best if not the cheapest place to find videos if you want to buy them that is.
Rebelguy 4:42 PM - 1 April, 2010
Quote:
www.amazon.com is the best if not the cheapest place to find videos if you want to buy them that is.

+1
The Soup 6:13 PM - 2 April, 2010
I bought whoomp...there it is off itunes and its garbage....the sound is so bad.
Funkytownstopsix 7:00 PM - 2 April, 2010
Quote:
I bought whoomp...there it is off itunes and its garbage....the sound is so bad.

Take the video and add better audio.... I have to redo a few videos I get do to sound issues, it only takes a few minutes. The video is what matters most....Learn to remux...
FunkyRob 11:00 PM - 2 April, 2010
^^ I'm wondering if I should downgrade my quicktime x to an older version for this.
DeRajj 8:03 PM - 18 May, 2013
Last post was in 2010.
Anyone with a good source of old school videos for 2013?
ta2423 1:15 AM - 22 May, 2013
Joined all of the video pools back in the day and searched the crates. If I cannot find it... Make it.
DJMisterE 10:14 PM - 23 May, 2013
VJ-Pro.net but ofcourse
Dj ListenDat 2:51 PM - 31 May, 2013
vjstreet
djpuma_gemini 10:52 PM - 31 May, 2013
takin it to the streets.

BTW, the best video pool for old school videos is on my hard drive.
No pool has all of my stuff.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:33 AM - 1 June, 2013
Quote:

You Bastard...!!!

lol - good shit puma
djnak 2:40 AM - 1 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

You Bastard...!!!

lol - good shit puma

the funny thing is you know he is NOT lying either
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:42 AM - 1 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You Bastard...!!!

lol - good shit puma

the funny thing is you know he is NOT lying either

Yuuuup.... (Bastard)
Xtendamix 1:59 PM - 1 June, 2013
Puma we need to talk :)
djpuma_gemini 3:22 PM - 1 June, 2013
haha.
DeRajj 8:05 AM - 2 June, 2013
djpuma you should start a video pool site....legal one I mean ;)
nik39 8:55 AM - 2 June, 2013
Quote:

+1
djpuma_gemini 9:17 AM - 2 June, 2013
Too hard to start a legal one in the states.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:44 PM - 2 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

+1

No dice, many have already asked him about how much would dues be for his "Pool" (Copy of his Hard Drive) - his answer.... Watchwww.youtube.com

<kidding>
djnak 7:27 PM - 2 June, 2013
theres a sale at Crooklyn right now Im sure you can find some goodies
djpuma_gemini 8:07 PM - 2 June, 2013
sweet.
Hitman303 8:18 PM - 3 June, 2013
how come I never get emails on the sales at crooklyn anymore, I'd buy tons of videos :-(
djpuma_gemini 9:45 PM - 3 June, 2013
I'll forward you mine, I hate the damn spam email from them.
Hitman303 2:56 PM - 4 June, 2013
Quote:
I'll forward you mine, I hate the damn spam email from them.

lol
DJMisterE 8:15 AM - 5 June, 2013
I heard OldSchoolVideos.no has a ton of great stuff
ta2423 9:32 PM - 5 June, 2013
Quote:

Didn't get the e-mail and I haven't seen any of the tracks get a discount. Must be I dj so bad I don't get discounts.

Quote:
I heard OldSchoolVideos.no has a ton of great stuff

Hey MisterE can you drop
a link.
djnak 9:52 PM - 5 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Didn't get the e-mail and I haven't seen any of the tracks get a discount. Must be I dj so bad I don't get discounts.

shit most vids were 99 cents (For the sale) Its over now though....and there is also a daily sales tab where vids have been discounted
ta2423 10:23 PM - 5 June, 2013
Weird... Been searching for fresh material through a couple sites the last few days. I somehow missed the sale. Usually I am all over it and end up spending more on tracks I usually wouldn't get. Probably should re-up my email. CC is one of my favorite sites to comb through.
GRiNDBoX 10:38 PM - 5 June, 2013
Quote:
takin it to the streets.

yup, thats why was so sad when Strictly hits is gone...:(
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 12:33 AM - 6 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Shit this thread made me buy a few things that I didn't need off of Crooklyn - all the vids were on sale - ended Tues - was like a 3 day sale....
djpuma_gemini 4:37 AM - 6 June, 2013
sale what sale?
ta2423 5:27 PM - 6 June, 2013
They always get me with that email. Recomb the site I have already combed 50 times and no doubt I have purchased songs more than once on several occasions. This tends to happen when you have way to much music and no warning you aready bought the track.
djnak 8:09 PM - 6 June, 2013
Quote:
They always get me with that email. Recomb the site I have already combed 50 times and no doubt I have purchased songs more than once on several occasions. This tends to happen when you have way to much music and no warning you aready bought the track.

always have itunes open...check to see if you have it lol i've bought stuff during a sale that i bought last sale and never used lol
ta2423 8:23 PM - 6 June, 2013
I am glad to see Im not the only one double buying. Most of the time there is no patience but to dig and buy. I think I am pretty much caught up to everything current that I want.
realdjrod 3:29 AM - 1 August, 2017
realdjrod 3:30 AM - 1 August, 2017
popnwave 5:29 PM - 1 August, 2017
WTF man those are a bunch of links to YouTube clips. Neither legit, nor the best quality that ANY video DJ should be using.
djnak 7:14 PM - 3 August, 2017
Quote:
WTF man those are a bunch of links to YouTube clips. Neither legit, nor the best quality that ANY video DJ should be using.

yup GTFOH with that garbage....
Susan suzi 1:16 AM - 10 September, 2017
i have a ton of music 90's hip-hop videos in different sources
pm me if u still need :)
tomatoslice 6:25 PM - 30 November, 2017
omg, i have sooo been needing this with intro/outro oldschoolvideos.com
popnwave 6:27 PM - 30 November, 2017
Top 10 Hilarious Will Ferrell Movies?
tomatoslice 6:29 PM - 30 November, 2017
sarcasm
popnwave 6:29 PM - 30 November, 2017
...damn I was excited at first lol
tomatoslice 6:36 PM - 30 November, 2017
ok. let's make an intro/outro as a countdown for nye!!