DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

90's House Music Question.....

DeeJay*CASPER 9:28 PM - 23 November, 2006
"all that i can was, doo doom daa da. ooohhh ooooh oooohh yeah"

who made that and whats the name of the song??? its killin me.

thank you....
DeeJay*CASPER 9:33 PM - 23 November, 2006
"cant get you out of my miind" some more words
DeeJay*CASPER 10:13 PM - 23 November, 2006
i got word its Nu-Nu by Lindell Townsend

but i cant find it
DJMark 10:21 PM - 23 November, 2006
It came out on Mercury records in 1992, and there were bazillions of copies pressed (there was also a promo CD single). Should be really easy to find.
DeeJay*CASPER 10:26 PM - 23 November, 2006
found it in my house crate.....thanks.
nik39 10:34 PM - 23 November, 2006
I got another one...

there is a male half singing half talking:
"why is it... that everytime I...
go to a club only the ugly chicks step to me...
FUNK that....
why is it... that everytime..." <and then another anecdote>
"FUNK that...."
Dj Shamann 11:02 PM - 23 November, 2006
Sadat - Funk Dat
nik39 11:47 PM - 23 November, 2006
Cheers!

Googled it, and its "Sagat - Why is it? (Fuk Dat)". Cooool :)
nik39 11:50 PM - 23 November, 2006
www.dancetracksdigital.com <- click. $9 for all tracks as mp3? I'll cop the vinyl.
DjWoody 11:54 PM - 23 November, 2006
"ALL I WANNA DO, IS TO GET WITH YOU. ALL I WANNA DO IS TO BE WITH YOU, OOH OOH YEAH YEAH"

The song is GET WITH YOU by Lidell Townsell & MTF.
nik39 11:59 PM - 23 November, 2006
nik39 12:01 AM - 24 November, 2006
Why is it, that everytime I turn on the radio - I hear the same 5 songs 15 times a day for 3 months - funk dat! Get a new DJ.

Lol. That track is soooo classic for me :)))

Any more tracks from that time, same flow/vibe/style?
DjWoody 12:05 AM - 24 November, 2006
Ooops... My Bad... I looked at my tracks and it's actually...

Lidell Townsell - Nu Nu

Here's a sample!

djwoody.com
DjWoody 12:06 AM - 24 November, 2006
Why is it that everytime I'm walking down the street, some ass hole wants to stop me just to give me a flyer... come on man... FUCK THAT!

Hahahahah awww the good ol' days!
nik39 12:07 AM - 24 November, 2006
Can anyone of the house experts here explain to me whats the style of that track? "Just" house?
DjWoody 12:09 AM - 24 November, 2006
Hahaha both of those tracks came out when there was just TECHNO/RAVE and HOUSE/DEEP HOUSE. Hahahaha back there there was no such thing as ELECTRO HOUSE, PROGRESSIVE HOUSE, DIRTY FUNKY HOUSE... Hahaha back then it was simple! lol
nik39 12:09 AM - 24 November, 2006
... is this Baltimore style? Cause I just read that guy is from Baltimore...
DjWoody 12:11 AM - 24 November, 2006
Hahahaha I have no clue... We just called it HOUSE.
Julls 12:37 AM - 24 November, 2006
Quote:
Sadat - Funk Dat

I love this track!
Dj Shamann 3:18 AM - 24 November, 2006
Quote:
Cheers!

Googled it, and its "Sagat - Why is it? (Fuk Dat)". Cooool :)

Sorry about the Sadat, Sagat thing...it's been a while. but there was a Funk dat version as well (which is why i quoted your "funk")

Thanks for bringing that up though, I forgot about that tune. Brings back memories.
DeeJay*CASPER 3:21 AM - 24 November, 2006
call off the dogs ya'll...i found the record.....i've recorded it and converted it to mp3....

i even finished making a classic house mix cd.....

i need a life on thanksgiving :-(
Dj Shamann 3:22 AM - 24 November, 2006
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan FUK DAT!!!

LOL
Thundercat 3:56 AM - 24 November, 2006
Quote:

Hmm, let's see. Nothing I can think of exactly like it, but some things a bit right and left of center:
Lil' Louis - Club Lonley (I'm On The Guest List Mix)
Lil' Louis - I Called You
Teule - Drink On Me
King Amazin - Double Asunder
Reel 2 Real - The New Anthem (Funky Budda Mix)
nik39 9:52 AM - 24 November, 2006
Nice.. where can I prelisten and buy those tracks?
DJJOHNNYM 1:37 PM - 24 November, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

Hmm, let's see. Nothing I can think of exactly like it, but some things a bit right and left of center:
Lil' Louis - I Called You
Teule - Drink On Me

Man, what are you doin' peekin' in my crate again?
Thundercat 2:51 PM - 24 November, 2006
LOL. You know we could line our crates up side by side, start pullin' records and both be like: Yeah I got that, yeat that too, mmm hmm and that.

But I am also sure that both you and I have records in there that we don't want anyone knowing about. That secret stash of hot hard to find vinyl (new or old). You know then ones that you intentionally leave the names off of track listings, mix CD's, etc. ;-)
Thundercat 4:02 PM - 24 November, 2006
Quote:
Nice.. where can I prelisten and buy those tracks?

Listen/Buy Here (currently out of stock): www.htfr.com

Lil' Louis - I Callled You (The Conversation)
Listen/Buy Here: www.htfr.com

Teule - Drink On Me
Listen/Buy Here - The Kings Of House (1st 2xLP): www.juno.co.uk

Listen Here/Not For Sale (needle drop style 64k): www.djdazz.com

Listen Here/Not For Sale (needle drop style 64k): www.djdazz.com
Somebody's husband 4:10 PM - 23 May, 2016
I'm looking for a song released in the early 90s. It's your typical club song I guess. In the beginning a girl is singing. The only lyrics I remember her singing is " it's out of control" " my peace of mind" . The music in the background is very fast like its on repeat. Then the girl starts moaning for the rest of the song. Then you can hear saxaphone music playing along with the moans in a very erotic sounding way.
I've been looking for this song forever!!!
Taipanic 5:05 PM - 23 May, 2016
Quote:
I'm looking for a song released in the early 90s. It's your typical club song I guess. In the beginning a girl is singing. The only lyrics I remember her singing is " it's out of control" " my peace of mind" . The music in the background is very fast like its on repeat. Then the girl starts moaning for the rest of the song. Then you can hear saxaphone music playing along with the moans in a very erotic sounding way.
I've been looking for this song forever!!!

Lil Louis - French Kiss?
Watchwww.youtube.com
SeriousCyrus 11:45 AM - 24 May, 2016
Apart from the moaning, the description doesn't sound like french kiss, maybe something mixed with it?
Somebody's husband 11:50 AM - 24 May, 2016
French kiss sounds very very similar. I'm beginning to think it was a remix that I heard.
Taipanic 2:22 PM - 24 May, 2016
Quote:
Apart from the moaning, the description doesn't sound like french kiss, maybe something mixed with it?

Really? It has fast, repetitive keyboard, saxaphone & moaning. Not that there couldn't be another song but this hits most of what she's asking, I originally missed the vocals that were posted. It's the Songbird Sings remix:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Somebody's husband 2:32 PM - 24 May, 2016
This!

Songbird sings remix is it!
Thanks !!!!
SeriousCyrus 3:23 PM - 24 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Really? It has fast, repetitive keyboard, saxaphone & moaning. Not that there couldn't be another song but this hits most of what she's asking, I originally missed the vocals that were posted. It's the Songbird Sings remix:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Couldn't play your vid as copyright outside the US, but I don't remember the original having a saxophone, maybe a synth sound that could be described as a horn sound... And no singing.

But if that's the correct remix, I didn't know about it.
Taipanic 4:54 PM - 24 May, 2016
Yeah, it has a woman's vocals and some sax in it, in addition to the regular synths and moaning. I mostly played the original when it came out but remembered it from the original 12". It's not too often I get these song ID requests right, LOL
Alpa-chin0 11:08 PM - 1 June, 2016
I am looking for a song title for a classic house chorus

male vocal ah ha~ no no~ I can't stop! has synthesizer sounds di~~~di di di

been searching all over but no result please help
Alpa-chin0 11:20 PM - 1 June, 2016
There are absolutely phenomenal people in here I forgot about the songbird
songs remix lil louis's french kiss!!!

Simply amazing!!!
Alpa-chin0 11:41 PM - 1 June, 2016
Mark Rogers Twilight for some

classic track if anyone is interested...
Alpa-chin0 3:40 AM - 12 June, 2016
where is everyone lol
Ricky Swank 3:52 PM - 9 August, 2016
Alpa-chin0 you are looking for Plez - Can't stop from 1988

youtu.be
Ricky Swank 4:10 PM - 9 August, 2016
Quote:
I am looking for a song title for a classic house chorus

male vocal ah ha~ no no~ I can't stop! has synthesizer sounds di~~~di di di

been searching all over but no result please help

*see above post mate
Alpa-chin0 12:15 AM - 10 August, 2016
Quote:
Alpa-chin0 you are looking for Plez - Can't stop from 1988

youtu.be

Thank you Ricky but I found it long time ago
Still solid for your feed back thanks again
tinsel 10:36 PM - 25 August, 2016
Hiya
Ive been trying to find the name of 2 songs from an old mix tape that got chewed from the early 90's... it was labelled John Kelly 051 club, but I mailed him and he had no recollection, no idea if the cassette was mislabelled...
The first track had a heavy bass and has a strong female vocal with the lyrics "Hooked on you, enjoy the vibe, hooked on you, enjoy my drug"
the 2nd track had a repeating sample from what sounds like an american 50's or 60's tv documentary. The man says (in various order) "sports, women, gambling, drugs, alcohol ; addictions cannot be outlawed"
Any ideas, would love to hear them again? Thankyou :)
hazelyric 11:23 PM - 16 October, 2016
Trying to find the name of this 90s house song ..it's a trumpet and a saxophone playing through it and someone keeps saying GET UP (beat: boom boom boom) GET UP (boom boom boom) I need this for my wedding ! Thx
DeeJay*CASPER 3:22 AM - 17 October, 2016
Quote:
Trying to find the name of this 90s house song ..it's a trumpet and a saxophone playing through it and someone keeps saying GET UP (beat: boom boom boom) GET UP (boom boom boom) I need this for my wedding ! Thx

sounds like your talking about SOHO - Hot music
hazelyric 3:38 AM - 17 October, 2016
Thx you that's it!!!!!!!!!!!
Tommy Vercetti 8:41 AM - 6 December, 2016
I've been trying to look up an oldies song for a while, too. I heard it over a year ago in Cape Coral, Florida. I don't know the exact lyrics, but they sounded sort of like;
"Bring on the love, oooh (inaudible)
Bring on the love, oooh (inaudible)
Bring on the love, oooh (inaudible)
Bring on the love (unknown lyrics)." (Repeated a number of times towards the end.)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:50 AM - 7 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I should have known this...
DJ Val-BKNY11203 10:28 PM - 7 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess it was waaay to obvious and easy for us.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:12 PM - 10 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess it was waaay to obvious and easy for us.

Weird when you read it at first doesn't click - then you see the answer - it keeps repeating in your head (with the piano riff) - lol
Davo1977 11:30 PM - 3 February, 2017
Quote:
"ALL I WANNA DO, IS TO GET WITH YOU. ALL I WANNA DO IS TO BE WITH YOU, OOH OOH YEAH YEAH"

I've listened to this song and it's the right one I'm after, however, it must have been sampled a few years later (95-96)? The version I remember is much quicker. I always remember a DJ mixing it into Stretch n Vern's - I'm Alive.

Can anyone help???
Dj_M.O. 11:09 PM - 3 April, 2017
Need help with a house song. Not sure if I got the lyrics correctly but it goes something like this(thanks in advance):

I don’t want to be like this,

I don’t want to be like that,

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

Why don’t they let you be,

What you want to be,

What you want to be.

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da
jroc28 12:13 PM - 9 April, 2017
who sings a song called good time

" I go to work and i come home and i find myself alone, where are u baaaby, i just need someone to comfort me and tell me everything will b alright tonight, dont u say, u cannot stay bcuz ur on ur way to a party and where are all your friends when the party ends do you go home with them.

chorus- he thinks its all a game, he wanna have a good time when he got time
Remyman72 7:54 AM - 6 May, 2017
I'm looking for a song and it's a girl that sings it and the lyrics are I got my head in the air my feet in the clouds but don't you try to tell me that I'm upside down in my song
Remyman72 8:37 AM - 6 May, 2017
Sorry it's I've got my feet in the air my head on the ground but don't you try to tell me that I'm upside down in my song
DjWoody 6:49 PM - 13 May, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I've listened to this song and it's the right one I'm after, however, it must have been sampled a few years later (95-96)? The version I remember is much quicker. I always remember a DJ mixing it into Stretch n Vern's - I'm Alive.

Can anyone help???

Back in the early 90's many of us used to speed up the turntables, so it's possible you heard someone play it with a sped up turntable. Also, many of us were notorious for playing the acapella version over other songs. It was our version of a live mashup. Not to mention, this song is extremely popular and there were tons of remixes and bootlegs. I think there was a very popular remix on one of the Bust A Groove bootleg vinyls. Good luck finding it as the songs were called something completely different.

Lastly, it's also quite possible you're confusing it with Lidell Townsell - Nu Nu. This was another song that was also extremely popular and got tons of remixes. Some DJ's would also mashup both songs live.

Watchwww.youtube.com
DeeLight72 8:56 PM - 3 July, 2017
pllllleaase my fellow house heads - I am pretty good at song track finding - however -there are TWO songs that are killing me!

Heard them in the 90's one of the lyrics goes:

"I'm surprised to see your suitcase at the door - remember the good times - don;t you want some more..."
I heard it mixed in NYC with Chez Damier - Can You Feel It (MK New York Dub) [1992]

The next song goes sort of:
"I need you...need you but I can't have you...please don't walk away...condition is critical...Let's get closer...closer than close can be....let's get closer..closer yes you and me..."

PLEASE HELP lol
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:27 PM - 3 July, 2017
Quote:
"I'm surprised to see your suitcase at the door - remember the good times - don;t you want some more..."

That is a classic over used House music sample - it originally comes from First Choice - " Let No Man Put Asunder - Watchwww.youtube.com (starts at :45 mark)

One of my favorite tunes - that part at 3:15 will set ANY dancefloor on FIRE!!!!.

Actually somebody bootlegged the accapella on a Accapella Anonymous volume and DJ's rode over many an instrumental.
DeeLight72 9:31 PM - 3 July, 2017
yessssss ..I got up at 3:15 lol - when I heard it mixed - a guy was singing and killed it! Thank you so much for helping me out.
JZwoodz 12:23 AM - 21 July, 2017
I'm looking for a song from the early 90's played at a men's store called Attivo, the vocals are sung by a man, sort of a deeper voice, the lyrics go something like: Get under my skin, you get under
Get under my skin you get under.
Ea Merv 12:36 PM - 29 November, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm brand new here

I'm looking for early 90s house song that goes something like, not really sure about the lyrics but it starts with a lady singing "your love is taking me over x 3, and i still want your touch..., (and then she goes on to echo "touch" for a long time until the instruments join in the vocal). It's been years searching without any luck, please help
Cesarleo 5:13 AM - 24 January, 2018
I am also looking for name of this song

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

What you want to be,

What you want to be.

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 8:21 PM - 2 February, 2018
Quote:
I'm looking for a song from the early 90's played at a men's store called Attivo, the vocals are sung by a man, sort of a deeper voice, the lyrics go something like: Get under my skin, you get under
Get under my skin you get under.

youtu.be
Pondy1 5:47 PM - 16 February, 2018
I remember the lyric all i wanna do is touch you oh yeah ... now on moulding .... anyone remember this house mix in first track is that lyric later maybe have girls moaning maybe is lil louise french kiss maybe not... maybe is david moreno ibiza mix maybe not ... if anyone remember pls tell its an amazing mix tnx
jay sample 10:55 AM - 13 August, 2018
hi guys how are you I am getting old because i can remember some of the name my favorite house songs!!! I am looking for a track that did the same thing as french kiss is would slow down and then speed back up. It had no vocals any ideas
Taipanic 5:06 PM - 13 August, 2018
Quote:
hi guys how are you I am getting old because i can remember some of the name my favorite house songs!!! I am looking for a track that did the same thing as french kiss is would slow down and then speed back up. It had no vocals any ideas

Might be French Kiss (The Songbird Sings version)
Ritinha 4:38 PM - 27 September, 2018
Hello, I need help, please... I don't remember much but I need to find this song because I want to marry with it playing :) Here it goes, what I remember:

"it was years ago, when you couldn't see me... bla bla bla ... no one hear me... years ago.... a coton ice spear... what is this for(??)"

Please help me
please
please
please
djcrap 2:45 PM - 28 September, 2018
Quote:

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

What you want to be,

What you want to be.

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

The artist of that song is ATC
djcrap 2:48 PM - 28 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

What you want to be,

What you want to be.

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

Watchm.youtube.com
Share Bear 12:58 AM - 30 September, 2018
Hi, I am looking for the name of this song I used to listen to at warehouse parties in the 90's:

here are opening lyrics:

"I've got my feet in the air my head on the ground but don't you try to tell me that I'm upside down in my song …...is this a mysterious way... I confess I like the way you are....

Could I get this song on vinyl at Play de Record or order online?

Thanks!!
OmarXmen 7:24 PM - 3 December, 2018
Hi everyone, I hope you can help me back in the 90's I was in Detroit at a underground house club they played this song a female was singing it I believe it went like this, Where do we go from here do we stay or do we go our separate ways, than it would repeat it self, than she would make some type of scat sound if I remember correctly. I hope you can help me I've been searching for this song like two decades thank you for your time.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:44 PM - 3 December, 2018
Quote:
I was in Detroit at a underground house club they played this song a female was singing i

Curious - what club was it?

Also could it have been Ten City - Where do we go? Byron has that high falsetto - could be mistaken for a female - lol

Watchwww.youtube.com
OmarXmen 7:57 PM - 3 December, 2018
I don't remember the name of the club, I believe it was in a warehouse on the second floor, the year I'm guessing 93 to 96 ??? Its wasn't Bryon I know Ten City music very well, again I know it was a underground house record because I just got back into Detroit to visit my family, I remember she stated Where do we go from here do we stay or do we go our separate ways, where do we go from here do we stay, the vocals would repeat, than she would have some type of scat like da da something weird with her voice should would do in between the chorus???
OmarXmen 7:59 PM - 3 December, 2018
It also had a fast beat a great beat to be honest.
Solotype 8:43 AM - 16 December, 2018
Quote:
It also had a fast beat a great beat to be honest.

Hey omar you talking about this song that starts at 1:20:00? Im looking for it too lol
soundcloud.com
DJ Baby Dee 12:51 AM - 28 December, 2018
Quote:

thank you....

George Kranz Din Da Da
d:raf 3:55 AM - 28 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

What you want to be,

What you want to be.

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

Watchm.youtube.com

Naw... it's Cajmere-"Let Me Be".

Watchwww.youtube.com
dj scottie b 1:58 PM - 28 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

What you want to be,

What you want to be.

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Do, Do Do Do Do, Do

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

Da, Da Da Da Da, Da

Watchm.youtube.com

Naw... it's Cajmere-"Let Me Be".

Watchwww.youtube.com

u beat me to it!
DJ Baby Dee 12:38 PM - 2 January, 2019
Hello i'm can't remember the name of this song maybe yo guys can help me the only part i can remember is when i say jump you say how high now jump jump jump jump i heard it on a house song help please
hcrob 9:43 PM - 4 January, 2019
help pls! I heard this banger in a club in BK 2 years ago, all I can remember is a killer bassline and a female vocal the chorus went like "bird da doe diva" other lyrics I could remember "left did somebody say the word car"
DJ MOOK 5:04 PM - 25 January, 2019
Sup Fellow DJs...looking for a song played by Merlin Bob in his Saturday Night WBLS (NYC) mixes.
I was thinking it was sung by Roland Clark...anyway, a male lead and I'm almost sure the song is called 'Marry Me', but can't find it anywhere....HELP...
also for a bonus
Looking for the original 'Trapped' by Colonel Abrams..this is before the 1985 release.
the one i want has no background singers..sounded like a demo..
just a drum track, bassline, limited keyboards, and that voice..
Thanks, and good luck helping me!!!
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 12:52 AM - 26 January, 2019
Quote:
Sup Fellow DJs...looking for a song played by Merlin Bob in his Saturday Night WBLS (NYC) mixes.
I was thinking it was sung by Roland Clark...anyway, a male lead and I'm almost sure the song is called 'Marry Me', but can't find it anywhere....HELP...
also for a bonus
Looking for the original 'Trapped' by Colonel Abrams..this is before the 1985 release.
the one i want has no background singers..sounded like a demo..
just a drum track, bassline, limited keyboards, and that voice..
Thanks, and good luck helping me!!!

www.discogs.com
centre mental 9:13 AM - 9 March, 2019
Hey people, so, I'm looking for a tune that uses the "all I wanna do, is to get with u" with emphasis on "all I wanna do," which is repeated over a sample of the piano chorus bit from soft house company's classic "what you need." It's 1994 fairly rough new York garage (rather than uk garage) track.

I'm also looking for an early classic jungle tech tune that uses the drumbreak that schoolly d uses on gangster boogie and has a harp hook line, a women (shrieking) singing yeah eah eh alive alive and a deep rhythmic heavy bass stab at the end of the drum break every 2 or 4 bars "ow -ow" It's an awesome one, it's probably on YouTube with 100,000 views, I just don't know the name of it. On pure FM they mixed it with NRG "promised land" really well, I heard it out and about, 3/4 times, then it was gone.
Any ideas?
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 10:53 PM - 11 March, 2019
Quote:
Hey people, so, I'm looking for a tune that uses the "all I wanna do, is to get with u" with emphasis on "all I wanna do," which is repeated over a sample of the piano chorus bit from soft house company's classic "what you need." It's 1994 fairly rough new York garage (rather than uk garage) track.

Could it be - Lidell Townsell & M.T.F. - Get With U (Nu Original Mix) - Watchwww.youtube.com

Not sure about a version with Soft House Company riff?
centre mental 9:23 PM - 12 March, 2019
Thanks DJ A P P, it definitely sampled that track, that's why I joined this discussion, I thought someone here might know it. I already knew the Lidell Townsell song, I just thought someone might recognise the bootleg(?) with the softhouse company sample in it but thanks for replying.
MiKEY ViPER 2:41 AM - 21 March, 2019
Hey.

I have a recording of a song that I absolutely adore and I would love to buy the original so that I can put it into my collection and play it, give credit, etc. Its absolutely killing me that I don't know and you seem like a pretty knowledgeable bunch that could maybe help me out...

The song has a roboticish mans voice saying: just close your eyes, come with me, to that place, that place we go, I wanna know is...(repeat) while a woman whispering those same lyrics cuts in on top of or instead of the mans voice simultaneously all while a voice used just for tonal effect, also robotic, says something like mmdapgonthingbodayya….yeah yeah is played over top. it's got a 1999 "boots and cats" Chicago style house beat to it, about 120bpm, and one of the main sound effects sounds like very muted short honks from a car horn at different tones. the track is DEADLY and I would love to figure this out. I have an MP3 recording of it if it helps at all.
HouseHunter 3:54 AM - 17 April, 2019
Hi everyone,

I’m trying to figure out a few tracks..z
I had this double CD, one mixed one unmixed tracks I believe, it was called House Power.

On the mixed CD there was Phats and Small ‘Turn Around’ and Nerio’s Dubwork ‘Sunshine and Hapiness’

2 track I’m trying to figure out ( and hopefully get that CD ) are:

1. The female voice 🎶 something like ‘you don’t know baby, you don’t know baby, what you do, what you do to me’
2. Female voice singing something like’ heeeeey would you like to sing alooooong’

This was back in 1999/2000 and it’s killing me since. Much appreciated.
HouseHunter 4:04 AM - 17 April, 2019
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I’m trying to figure out a few tracks..z
I had this double CD, one mixed one unmixed tracks I believe, it was called House Power.

On the mixed CD there was Phats and Small ‘Turn Around’ and Nerio’s Dubwork ‘Sunshine and Hapiness’

2 track I’m trying to figure out ( and hopefully get that CD ) are:

1. The female voice 🎶 something like ‘you don’t know baby, you don’t know baby, what you do, what you do to me’
2. Female voice singing something like’ heeeeey would you like to sing alooooong’

This was back in 1999/2000 and it’s killing me since. Much appreciated.

Another track from the same mix was male voice singing
“ I want my danceeeeer”
matmuleme 11:40 PM - 15 May, 2019
Quote:
I'm looking for a song and it's a girl that sings it and the lyrics are I got my head in the air my feet in the clouds but don't you try to tell me that I'm upside down in my song

Remyman72 , that's The Dove Song by Nicollette
Ftelan 1:22 PM - 17 May, 2019
Quote:

thank you....

Now, this is one of my favorite songs.
Taipanic 8:00 PM - 17 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

thank you....

Now, this is one of my favorite songs.

Lidell Townsell - Nu Nu
Watchwww.youtube.com
dj scottie b 4:38 PM - 31 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Remyman72 , that's The Dove Song by Nicollette

believe it or not , that was a big record it the hood spots in baltimore in the early 90s..
was in the wave of music that kinda inspired the bmore club stuff that started around 92
llennnn16 1:07 AM - 7 February, 2020
Quote:
Hi everyone, I hope you can help me back in the 90's I was in Detroit at a underground house club they played this song a female was singing it I believe it went like this, Where do we go from here do we stay or do we go our separate ways, than it would repeat it self, than she would make some type of scat sound if I remember correctly. I hope you can help me I've been searching for this song like two decades thank you for your time.

"Where Do We Go?" by Darryl James & David Anthony Project, featuring Fay Victor.

most likely the Tribal Mix by Todd Terry, as that's the most popular version.
youtu.be
DJ Quartz 2:14 PM - 7 February, 2020
Ahhhh, 90's house mannnnnnnn!!!
DJ Quartz 7:18 AM - 23 February, 2020
Quote:
Looking for the original 'Trapped' by Colonel Abrams..this is before the 1985 release

Colonel Abrams has some heaaaaavvvvyyyyy tracks man.
DJMYSTER 10:54 PM - 15 May, 2020
Question djs...???

looking for a house record early 90s. Record Cover was orange. White label it use to say ‘’ this is the jungle of south africa so run mutha f.. run f....’’ anyone? It could have been a import let me know if anyone can help thank you
Squirticus Rex 7:36 PM - 23 October, 2021
Hey guys I'm looking for an early 90s techno track and the only real lyrics are something like "this is the time, this is the place where we can make it all night. This is the time (pause) Gimme what you got, Gimme what you got". That's all i can remember. I could swear i found it but after a few ambien i cant remember crap.
Squirticus Rex 8:48 PM - 23 October, 2021
hey guys i got another one. I'm looking for the remix version of Outhere Brothers F*k U. lyrics are "take off that red dress, and take off those high heels, put on sweet perfume you know what i want to do. come a little closer, and let me touch you... then tempo picks up and goes F*ck you I wanna f*ck you etc. easy enough but the mix i want was on Roadkill 1.09 CD and had snippets of a porno movie dialogue scattered about.
Squirticus Rex 4:16 AM - 26 October, 2021
hey guys, i got another track to find. I only had a single rip labeled Joolz. any ideas?
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 5:30 PM - 26 October, 2021
What about the artist D'Julz?
Squirticus Rex 11:37 PM - 26 October, 2021
DJ Dub, i wish i had more than that. it would have been around late 90s to early 200. its about 6-8min long. little breakbeatish with some funk. indiscernible talking in the middle for the breakdown, then typical midtrack percussion. friend told me way back it was white label import?
Squirticus Rex 11:37 PM - 26 October, 2021
DJ Dub, i wish i had more than that. it would have been around late 90s to early 200. its about 6-8min long. little breakbeatish with some funk. indiscernible talking in the middle for the breakdown, then typical midtrack percussion. friend told me way back it was white label import?
Squirticus Rex 4:52 AM - 6 February, 2022
Hey guys. looking for a funky breakbeat track early to mid 90s-ish. sampled the funky bassline at 3m10sec - Rapattack - Kinda Funky
Watchwww.youtube.com
i can hear it in my head. Thanks!
Squirticus Rex 10:07 PM - 8 February, 2022
got another track to find. I could swear it was on the album Exorcist by The Scientist. It just kind of kept repeat "The sounds in here will make you moove". Early 90s?