DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pioneer announces DJM-350 and CDJ-350

VJ Justin Allen 1:08 PM - 23 March, 2010
Here's the article everyone

www.pioneer.co.uk
VJ Justin Allen 1:10 PM - 23 March, 2010
First questions out of the box for the Serato team.

1) Any discussions about this being supported natively like the CDJ-400 is?

2) Does it have HID platter capability?

Thanks!
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:49 PM - 23 March, 2010
pioneer just give us a new scratch mixer and leave the budget game for numark and that
ninos 1:58 PM - 23 March, 2010
omg pioneer. LOL
Free Man 2:31 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
pioneer just give us a new scratch mixer and leave the budget game for numark and that

i hear that...
DCD 2:34 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
The suggested retail price is £520 inc.VAT for the CDJ-350 and £439 inc. VAT for the DJM-350.

>my face when i saw the price
i44.tinypic.com
Free Man 2:49 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
The suggested retail price is £520 inc.VAT for the CDJ-350 and £439 inc. VAT for the DJM-350.

i44.tinypic.com

??Where did you see the price??
djtate 3:21 PM - 23 March, 2010
its on decks.co.uk
DCD 12:09 AM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i44.tinypic.com

??Where did you see the price??

Bottom of that page?
VJ Justin Allen 12:15 AM - 24 March, 2010
Here is the pricing

The CDJ-350 and DJM-350 will be available in June 2010 with a suggested retail price (MSRP) of $850 and $750, respectively.

And here is the link to the american Pioneer page

forums.pioneerdj.com
DjWoody 12:56 AM - 24 March, 2010
LMAO!!!!!

THE CDJ 350 HAS AUTOSYNC!!! LMAO!!!

Auto BPM Lock – Users can set a Master beat per minute (BPM) on the CDJ-350 that current playing songs can be synchronized to with a touch of a button. The feature enables beginners to easily match the tempos of songs by simply adjusting the speed to the Master BPM on each player.
ninos 1:08 AM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
LMAO!!!!!

Auto BPM Lock – Users can set a Master beat per minute (BPM) on the CDJ-350 that current playing songs can be synchronized to with a touch of a button. The feature enables beginners to easily match the tempos of songs by simply adjusting the speed to the Master BPM on each player.

i44.tinypic.com

ha ha ha
Billy18bm 7:00 AM - 24 March, 2010
I'm just waiting for a MIDI 909 with a "midi control section" and im jumping ship on my 57......
TGK 9:11 AM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
LMAO!!!!!

Why beginners want to use SYNC. All beginners must need to learn beat mixing pioneer will produces bunch of Disk Jokers in future and kill the art of DJing
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:02 PM - 24 March, 2010
there including auto sync to get the market of no talent dj's/kids,
eventually the serato team will interduce this to increase their cash flow,
as much as we'll hate it it will eventually happen
Wazo 3:25 PM - 24 March, 2010
ahh shit. this sucks balls bigtime. auto sync & pioneer beginner gear (not price though).

Shitty for the scene
Jason b (dj jay b) 6:59 PM - 24 March, 2010
they look like kids toys. it makes it too easy for people who want to be "dj's" but not want to put in the hours, weeks, months, years learning. oh well just wait till one of them wants to jump on the decks with you (because they are a dj too) and listen for the trainwreck and them asking where your autosync button is. they know you use autosync, because your mixes are tight.lol
CAW 7:18 PM - 24 March, 2010
Haven't we had enough "OMG, sync has killed the art of DJing" threads that we don't need to hijack yet another thread with it? Besides, the real skill in DJing is knowing your music library and how to take the crowd somewhere with it...

As for these baby Pios. They seem a bit expensive to me for something that is supposed to be entry level...
VJ Justin Allen 7:22 PM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
As for these baby Pios. They seem a bit expensive to me for something that is supposed to be entry level...

Very true. However Pulse said on the Pioneer boards that these WERE NOT the replacement for the CDJ-400's, and that the 400's would not see a price drop.

Not sure I understand that thought as these seem to do more than the 400's...unless I'm missing something.
lost vegas 7:46 PM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
LMAO!!!!!

Why beginners want to use SYNC. All beginners must need to learn beat mixing pioneer will produces bunch of Disk Jokers in future and kill the art of DJing

the art of djing has been dead for at least 5 to 10 years now!!! I know for a fact if I were to take away the bpm counter on the cdjs or take away serato from about 80% of the djs I've met over the past five years they would fail right there on the spot!! So let's stop talking about auto this, auto that, we've all become human iPods anyway. If pioneer wants to make bullshit entry level gear then so be it, no one rocking these is gonna take a gig from me, plus if I ever need some gear I know craigslist will be full of cdjs from people giving up. Just my 2 cents.....
Laz219 9:29 PM - 24 March, 2010
They do seem a bit expensive for entry level gear, especially considering so many people that would be in that market would just go down the cracked copy of VDJ route with no hardware.
It actually interests me though because I was considering buying a CDJ-400 to be a 3rd deck (run 2 turntables and one CDJ) I wouldn't really be using many features of the player but so these might work nicely.
danielthewave 11:51 PM - 24 March, 2010
hm can anybody tell me if those players have a vinyl mod and a 2 part jog-whell ... cause can't find ANY information about that ....
VJ Justin Allen 12:07 AM - 25 March, 2010
It has vinyl mode...look at the buttons on the right hand side.
dj-dave-d 1:21 AM - 25 March, 2010
haha FAIL the vastly superior cdj 400 is £20 more and the djm 400 is £8 more hmm what shall i go for ....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:07 AM - 25 March, 2010
Ok, I HAD to laugh at this...

As the popularity of remixing music continues to increase, Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division is making it easy for anyone to engage in the art of DJ-ing with the introduction of the CDJ-350 digital media player and DJM-350 2-channel mixer.

Both units combined enable beginner and bedroom DJs to create unique performances using varying types of music files.

LOL! And y'all were worried about Serato and AutoSync....

LMAO.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:10 AM - 25 March, 2010
****Waits to see how many of y'all will now SELL YOUR PIONEER PRODUCTS, because they are catering to the n00bs****
DJ GOOK 4:11 AM - 25 March, 2010
Marvin Gaye said it the best. OH WHATS GOING ON
Laz219 9:46 AM - 25 March, 2010
I love the "using varying types of music files"

So what?
96kbps limewire mp3s? 128kbps torrent files?
4mydawgz 10:52 PM - 22 May, 2010
think imma get this. it's pretty basic. though i dont like the beat sync, my old behringer had bet sync but i never used it. never learned how.
Laz219 12:45 AM - 23 May, 2010
I'm looking into these (depending on price) to run as a 3rd deck. I was going to use a CDJ-400 but didn't really need it's features. This might work perfectly.
BERTO 1:09 AM - 23 May, 2010
Quote:
there including auto sync to get the market of no talent dj's/kids,
eventually the serato team will interduce this to increase their cash flow,
as much as we'll hate it it will eventually happen

remember even if auto sync is available for serato you/we dont have to usee it....
4mydawgz 3:38 AM - 23 May, 2010
Quote:
Here is the pricing

The CDJ-350 and DJM-350 will be available in June 2010 with a suggested retail price (MSRP) of $850 and $750, respectively.

And here is the link to the american Pioneer page

forums.pioneerdj.com

i've seen the djm 350 advertised for 600.