DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ Website examples..or Blog...whats yours?

treeo730 3:15 AM - 15 March, 2010
Hey guys I was looking to see what kind of blogs or websites you have created. I'm looking to redo mine, I like the blog style personally as I'm going to set mine up more as a podcast. I have a jump to Facebook fanpage I'm setting up as well. But I'm curious to see what other ideas people have. I have a Blogger account as that was easy and cheap

Here's some examples of sites I think looked good:

www.danideahl.com good splash page, takes you to different sites.
www.danideahl.com her blog, what player is she using????
www.djsteveporter.com another good splash page
www.djjazzyjeff.com I like
www.djskribble.com another good splash page
www.djvadim.com I like the style here

I think a splashpage is what I'm going to do... Curious to see what you guys have.
Black Science 3:25 AM - 15 March, 2010
Just revamped this one. It's about 95% complete. www.blackscience.com
Black Science 3:38 AM - 15 March, 2010
^^^^ God damn no edit button on this forum :ughhhh: Anyway, here's rest of post.

Here's mine that was just revamped [url]www.blackscience.com[/url]. Still need to drop in the weblog content and tidy up a few other bits, but the core is done. Pretty much covers all my current requirements. Not sure if it has the elements that you may need/want, but might spark some ideas. Hope it helps. Here's a breakdown on content:

About
Ughh, I hate DJ bios. They're usually just a bunch of nonsense that pretty much all starts sounding the same after a while, but unfortunately they're a necessary evil for letting those who don't know you a bit about who you are and what you're about. So anyway, I've got some general blah, blah fluff followed by data on experience, gear, press, affiliations, etc.

Events
Chronological list of happenings that provides all relevant info. Clickable thumbnails of flyers expand to full view. Links to venues' locations via Google Maps, social networking sharing tools, etc.

Mixes
Random list of my mixes showing various styles, genres, moods, etc. These will update from time to time with new and old archived mixes cycled in/out. Mix titles followed by brief description, recorded location/date, length, bitrate. Links to tracklists, download source file location and social networking sharing tools. Clickable thumbnails of cover art expand to full view. Built-in audio player for listening via stream direct from website.

Weblog
This is an area I'll be using to post my DIY projects, equipment/tracks/etc. reviews, and other such things I might be interested in and want to share that are DJ culture related. This will be a one-way only weblog for now meaning no outside user interaction. Might change this later to full two-way user interaction, but just don't have the time right now to babysit it and commit to that much involvement. Includes lightbox galleries, soc net sharing tools, etc.

Booking
Simple email form for booking inquiries that includes fields for all pertinent info.

Contact
Email form for general inquiries and list of links to all my primary social network sites (Facebook, MySpace, SoundCloud, Twitter, etc.)

Chart
Snapshot of the top ten tracks that are currently doing it for me. List includes artist, title, mix and label for each entry.

Mailing List
Simple name/email collector for anyone to subscribe that who may want to keep up on what's going on via email.

Highlights
Static graphic links along side that showcase mixes, events, etc. that I may want to call attention to for extra promo.
treeo730 3:42 AM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:

Very nice, nice and clean. I like how you have a very specific layout for events, mixes, it makes things easier on the eyes, and looks very professional.

What player are you using for your mixes?
What do you use to make the pics expand?
Curious was host are you using? was looking at Bluehost personally or Fatcow

Thanks again, hopes this helps other guys here too..
Psyphris 3:48 AM - 15 March, 2010
Your pics for the custom flight case are the most amazing shit for a case. Wow. I am doing that as soon as finals are over. you are the man Scotty Mac. The F''in man.
DJ Prinvale` 4:17 AM - 15 March, 2010
www.djprinvale.com

This is a newer one I did. I went back to a very basic, easy to maintain site. For some reason I got really sick of the flashy, music, loud dj sites that it seems like everybody has now-a-days.
babooza69 4:22 AM - 15 March, 2010
www.djv2.com

i made it in like...less than 1 hour
djkermit 5:51 AM - 15 March, 2010
Made this myself..........
www.djkermit.net
DJ NoNseNse 6:13 AM - 15 March, 2010
DJ DisGrace 1:51 PM - 15 March, 2010
treeo730 1:56 PM - 15 March, 2010
Good Stuff!!

DJ Kermit, what player are you using for your music. That is the type of audio player I want to incorporate into my website.
Black Science 4:01 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Very nice, nice and clean. I like how you have a very specific layout for events, mixes, it makes things easier on the eyes, and looks very professional.

What player are you using for your mixes?
What do you use to make the pics expand?
Curious was host are you using? was looking at Bluehost personally or Fatcow

Thanks again, hopes this helps other guys here too..

Thanks. Glad you dig it.

Audio player is just a simple WordPress one that I tweaked the color scheme to fit the aesthetics of site. wpaudioplayer.com

Pics expand via a NextGEN lightbox plugin. alexrabe.de

Hosting is all handled by GoDaddy. www.godaddy.com
Black Science 4:06 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Your pics for the custom flight case are the most amazing shit for a case. Wow. I am doing that as soon as finals are over. you are the man Scotty Mac. The F''in man.

Glad you dig it Psyphris. Hope to have the DIY content posted soon. In meantime, there's an extensive thread about it somewhere here on this forum that covers much of the details. Ah, here it is: www.serato.com (I'm formerly Soulsonica BTW), and here: www.djforums.com

Hope it helps with your project. Post pics when done.
DJ Ritmo 4:52 PM - 15 March, 2010
www.mambomafiaproductions.com lil new DJ and promo website still getting it together
Dj Bert 7:33 PM - 15 March, 2010
Zero Day 9:41 PM - 15 March, 2010
djellinfo.wordpress.com

white about the top music of the week with free downloads to the music (taged)
and whats been goin on over the last week.

lemme know what you guys think
treeo730 12:08 AM - 16 March, 2010

Link won't work--

Black Science thanks for the info. I have to see if Blogger has a similar audio player.

Thanks again for the info.
SiRocket 1:40 AM - 16 March, 2010
www.djrickyjay.com

i do webdesign for a living... my company - www.96firm.com
Zero Day 1:59 AM - 16 March, 2010
Quote:
www.djrickyjay.com

DAYMN nice site!
treeo730 2:04 AM - 16 March, 2010
I like the video of you at the Apple store.

Good site!
SiRocket 2:06 AM - 16 March, 2010
thanks guys! went from the fully custom flash type of site to a wordpress customized to my liking for now as i want to start having return visitors. :)
treeo730 2:19 AM - 16 March, 2010
I was debating about going with wordpress or blogger, it seems being someone who doesn't know anything about html blogger is an easier way to go and maintain.

What I can't find is a way to incorporate the audio player,and the picture display like www.blackscience.com has. He did post hear the link for wordpress, just can't find a similar way to do it for Blogger.
Black Science 4:04 PM - 16 March, 2010
No sweat treeo730. Good luck with your project.
SiRocket 5:19 PM - 16 March, 2010
also just finished this site for myself and long time friend Dj Sweet P - www.thevideomixshow.com
Steve Dub. 5:46 PM - 16 March, 2010
www.stevedub.com

made it myself
jprime 6:20 PM - 16 March, 2010
bloggy kinda site with some media, etc

www.viperfunk.com
SiRocket 7:13 PM - 16 March, 2010
dub! get at me, we need to sort this logo deal out if you are still interested, i need to stop piling my desk up with stuff! LOL i'll take care of you more on the $$$... shoot me an email when you can.
Steve Dub. 8:22 PM - 16 March, 2010
No doubt Ricky, not in a big rush, I know your a busy dude that's why I haven't bugged ya about it.
Dj Shamann 9:30 PM - 16 March, 2010
SiRocket I saw your site before, but i also like the one for "The Show". There are some other good ones in here that are giving me motivation, I've been meaning to get myself a new homebase on the web, but school loan payments are killing me, and I'm color blind as fuck so graphic design was never something I got into, I'm severely limited there.
treeo730 9:53 PM - 16 March, 2010
We have some really talented people here!

This is what I was able to create really quickly on Blogger. They actually make it pretty easy for someone with NO experience.
djtonyramirez.blogspot.com
This is more of place where I want people to grab my mixes... I still have to find a host and set it up as a podcast...

Thanks again guys.
*still looking for a decent audio player for blogger
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:54 PM - 16 March, 2010
I was looking into hosting and randomly found out my boy runs his own server for a counterstrike clan lol hes gonna let me post it on there,, the HOOKUP
dj hes 10:21 PM - 16 March, 2010
Quote:

www.djvadim.com I like the style here

Did anyone catch his post on the top? "IM SELLING MY LAPTOP FULLY TRICKED OUT???"

Dude says he is selling it with 9500 songs.....WTF
dj hes 10:34 PM - 16 March, 2010
Quote:
www.djrickyjay.com

Dude, i love the intro screen! so ill... nice stuff man.
bandoma 11:07 PM - 16 March, 2010
shout out to ricky for designing my site! i definitely want to update this in a few months and integrate my wordpress blog.

www.djbandoma.net

djbandoma.wordpress.com
ooreo 5:31 AM - 17 March, 2010
chris ross 7:43 AM - 17 March, 2010
Quote:
www.djv2.com

i like your page.....how much does it cost to get sumting done like that.......and did u do the art work for your promo mixes
Dj Bert 5:56 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:

Link won't work--

Black Science thanks for the info. I have to see if Blogger has a similar audio player.

Thanks again for the info.

Link works. try again
babooza69 7:15 PM - 18 March, 2010
dj buterd hams 10:24 PM - 25 March, 2010
dam i need to jump on some shit .
CrowdCTRL 10:43 PM - 25 March, 2010
dj hes 10:49 PM - 25 March, 2010
I am looking at updating mine...I want to have an intro page something like this:
www.djrickyjay.com

but i want to have 2 links, 1 to wedding clients, and 1 to club clients....

www.djhes.com
bandoma 11:15 PM - 25 March, 2010
just updated my wordpress blog and changed the domain.

wordpress is the bizness!

www.djbandoma.com
treeo730 11:58 PM - 25 March, 2010

I like this, nice and clean....

What are you using as your audio player... Where did you get the code???
DJ NoNseNse 12:05 AM - 26 March, 2010
Quote:

www.djbandoma.com

what makes wordpress better then blogspot?
bandoma 12:13 AM - 26 March, 2010
not sure...never used blogspot
TJ the DJ 12:23 AM - 26 March, 2010
Check out bandzoogle.com AMAZING for what you get with it and the back end interface is second to none! I recently moved my site to them!

TJ the DJ

www.TJtheDJ.com
Kenny Q 2:18 AM - 26 March, 2010
Quote:
www.stevedub.com
made it myself

Nice, Good job.
Kenny Q 2:20 AM - 26 March, 2010
Mine is due for an update.
I have a lot of video and testimonials but no time to work on the site.
www.kennyq.com
Kenny Q 2:23 AM - 26 March, 2010
My son has several sites but I don't know where they are (he doesn't tell me).
I do know this one.
www.djkenedi.com
Dj Nyce 3:45 PM - 1 April, 2010
not really a dj site, but here is my blog

www.ususpects.com
Dj Nyce 3:46 PM - 1 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

www.djbandoma.com

wordpress is far more customizable than blogspot (themes, plugins, etc).
Da' Hitman 4:04 PM - 1 April, 2010
hersh20 6:10 PM - 1 April, 2010
CrowdCTRL 7:57 PM - 1 April, 2010
Quote:

I like this, nice and clean....

What are you using as your audio player... Where did you get the code???

thanks...the code is here www.macloo.com :)
maestromind 8:37 PM - 1 April, 2010
So I'm doubly embarrassed to even put this up (first because the design is crap and second because my pic looks like I should be spinning at bar-mitzvahs), but here's my site that I made over a weekend a while back: www.themaestromind.com.
I keep having it on my to-do list to redesign it, but for the last few months I've had no free time. From the looks of it though, it sounds like I need to give DJ Ricky a holla - the sites he made look amazing.
DJ Ritmo 11:05 PM - 1 April, 2010
www.mamboflowproductions.com up its not really blog but its something more for promoting crowdctrl wad up my nika
CrowdCTRL 12:44 AM - 2 April, 2010
^^wud up homie?! I replied to ur email a couple of days ago...holla!
Dj Farhan 1:15 AM - 2 April, 2010
our company site: www.theSYNERGYevents.com

our past events: www.theSYNERGYevents.blogspot.com
radikarl 12:20 PM - 2 April, 2010
our new site
it's in german but maybe you like the design

www.toka-disco.de
babooza69 2:20 AM - 3 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
www.djv2.com

i like your page.....how much does it cost to get sumting done like that.......and did u do the art work for your promo mixes

again, i did it myself. took about 1 hour of hardcore coding without distractions

yes, all the artwork is done by myself

i use to design all those pretty club flyers you guys see yourself on
DJ.ReFRESH 6:25 PM - 9 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.djbandoma.com

wordpress is far more customizable than blogspot (themes, plugins, etc).

+1
PopRoXxX 11:01 PM - 23 May, 2010
Just started mine this past week. More to come, but I think it's a good basis for now :)

www.djpoproxxx.com
www.poproxxx.com
(Same site - different domains)
Dj BuddyLove 4:29 AM - 24 May, 2010
Quote:
Just started mine this past week. More to come, but I think it's a good basis for now :)

www.djpoproxxx.com
www.poproxxx.com
(Same site - different domains)

nice!
hay PopRoXXX
how did you get your Ustream player in your Wix site?
can you also Embed a Stickam Player?

i have a Wix page im working on and guess they changed things but you wernt able to Enbbed Ustream or Stickam pages before..
PopRoXxX 8:28 PM - 24 May, 2010
yeah. they have a html option (still in BETA though). it's under the widgets options i believe. then you just make sure the size of the box matches the size of the embed in the embed code you want to drop in it.

thanks for the props bro. still working on it. updates will keep coming :)
welly 11:08 AM - 25 May, 2010
DJ NoNseNse 11:24 AM - 25 May, 2010

Nice site
Dj.Mojo 3:25 PM - 25 May, 2010
@Black Science
Great website!
And great taste of music btw. Really digging your style, it has some kind of oldschool, deep, funkyness.
TreyPeezyDot 4:10 PM - 25 May, 2010
www.TreyPeezy.com (I designed and created like 3 years ago and I need to upgrade it).
www.treypeezy.blogpsot.com
I also run and own www.instrumentals101.com

I also designed www.TheBlackCotton.com its on its 3rd look.
treeo730 3:30 AM - 26 May, 2010

I like this... like how the images rotate and its not so static
Mikey V 12:10 AM - 20 July, 2010
Just made my 1st website. Doing graphic design, I had to learn how to do a website. Why not make my own dj site as a practice ground! :)

www.djmikeyv.com
_Stuart 1:46 AM - 20 July, 2010

get back to the pier :)
nahLir 9:57 AM - 24 August, 2011
www.boom-di-ting.ch

It's a simple site for our Reggae / Dancehall-Crew, with some of our mixes, some of the hottest current tracks which are shown in the charts and some other specials...

greets
SiRocket 6:17 PM - 24 August, 2011
thanks everyone for the love on my work :)
Swizzle 6:31 PM - 24 August, 2011
Mine is a monthly posting of Mixes. I usually post mixes or different mixes with themes, tributes, and Live recordings each month.

www.djdswift.net

Enjoy,

DJ D-Swift
djpuma_gemini 6:40 PM - 24 August, 2011
DJ meaty here,

www.meatspin.com
djpuma_gemini 7:11 PM - 24 August, 2011
Sorry about above link, some jackass jumped on my computer at work and put that. don't click on link.
Tishica14 8:00 PM - 8 October, 2011
Hey guys, "you all" have some great looking sites. My site is pretty basic in comparision to you guy. It is djshan.org. It is a work in progress. I am using word press and I tell you it was hard at first trying to figure out what the heck I was doing but now I have a good idea of how to get around in it so I am trying to improve it as much as I can. If you get a chance, please check it out and feel free to give me input on things I can change, add, or delete. Thanks in advance.
RAMPING 8:11 PM - 8 October, 2011
iRamping.Com

-In the making!!!

:P
babooza69 11:59 PM - 8 October, 2011
DJ NewYork 1:17 AM - 9 October, 2011
Here is my website/blog combo, I wanted to do something not too cluttered to deter or confuse the viewer if there were looking for anything specific: www.GregoryGuerrier.com
lvmez 4:23 AM - 9 October, 2011
www.videodjnyc.com

my mobile site. my brother put it together for me. just got new logo, haven;t put it up yet. work in progress.
DJ NewYork 4:49 AM - 9 October, 2011
Nice website @Ivmez & the sample video mix of your skills was cool too
Tishica14 11:08 AM - 9 October, 2011
Quote:
Here is my website/blog combo, I wanted to do something not too cluttered to deter or confuse the viewer if there were looking for anything specific: www.GregoryGuerrier.com

Looks good!!! I like that clean look and feel of it.
DJ NewYork 5:52 PM - 9 October, 2011
Thank you Tishica14
lvmez 7:46 PM - 9 October, 2011
Quote:
Nice website @Ivmez & the sample video mix of your skills was cool too

thank you.
DJ Trixsta 12:27 PM - 12 October, 2011
www.stewartmclaughlan.netne.net.. just awaiting for data to go over to www.dj-trixsta.co.uk
DJ Nin 2:17 PM - 12 October, 2011
Honestly, My DJ career isn't interesting enough to start a blog based soley on my djing.

So instead of just posting about playing at the same bars every week, I started a blog based on total randomness where I blog about: music, sports, DJing, Nintendo games, or any other idea or subject I feel like writing about.

theworldofnin.blogspot.com
Naf 5:01 AM - 14 October, 2011
thatsthebreak.com

Personal DJ site and blog about scratching and turntables and stuff like dat!
Naf 5:02 AM - 14 October, 2011
sorry, here's a link
thatsthebreak.com
Da1nonly89 12:35 AM - 21 November, 2011
www.djdopestar.com --My blog/website
DJ Benny B NYC 12:45 AM - 21 November, 2011
check my website: www.djbennyb.com
DJ Eazy B 1:14 AM - 21 November, 2011
Just got mine up and running a couple of days ago. Its still work in progress but i'm aiming for that slick look

www.djeazyb.com
BigDookie 2:38 AM - 21 November, 2011
hey,

to you djs serious about getting your website game up, contact me. i do search engine optimization and can help you get to the front of google as the #1 dj in your area. can lead to more gigs from those hitting google up for a local dj! :)
lvmez 4:18 AM - 22 November, 2011
www.videodjnyc.com

new logo.
DJ MattL 6:58 AM - 6 December, 2011
www.djmattl.com

Just started building my own site. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)
SeriousCyrus 11:22 AM - 6 December, 2011
seriouscyrus.tumblr.com

Just a tumblr blog of stuff I'm playing on the iPod, occasional updates on what I'm doing, I try to post a couple of times a week.
RAMPING 7:37 PM - 9 February, 2012
iramping.com

New Site! w00t w00t :D
DJPrice_inMD 7:45 PM - 9 February, 2012
thedjprice.com
Audio1 8:02 PM - 9 February, 2012
I've been having issues with my domain (djaudio1.com) so I made a TUMBLR as a base of operations. Still a work in progress. djaudio1.tumblr.com
Audio1 8:03 PM - 9 February, 2012
onesheets work too. onesheet.com
spirez 8:05 PM - 9 February, 2012
The guy who's doing my day job website also did this:

www.dj3style.co.uk

Nice and clean
RAMPING 8:16 PM - 9 February, 2012
Quote:

www.dj3style.co.uk

Nice and clean

Yours it better than mine :'(
dj_JM 9:18 PM - 9 February, 2012
www.behindthedjbooth.com

The splash page is up. The rest will follow in the next few days.
Swizzle 10:33 PM - 9 February, 2012
www.djdswift.net

Updated Monthly with Mixes of different Genres, Themes, & Live Performance Recordings.
Dj Nature 8:19 AM - 10 February, 2012
www.djnature.com
I try to update the mixes, videos, blog etc as much as possible. (But you know how that goes)
Dj Nature 8:21 AM - 10 February, 2012
Quote:

www.dj3style.co.uk

Nice and clean

@spirez - Yeah, I like that, clean look
spirez 1:41 AM - 11 February, 2012
Quote:
www.djnature.com
I try to update the mixes, videos, blog etc as much as possible. (But you know how that goes)

Nice site and content Nature.

What's your production setup? I notice a maschine pic on your banner.

I'm about to drop some cash on Logic Pro. Can't believe it's down to only Β£140 now on the Mac App Store as a download. That's seriously good value! Only a few months back I was contemplating buying it in store and it was Β£500
BattleFunk 2:00 AM - 11 February, 2012
I re-did mine recently - nothing special but removed all the blog / youtube shit as I think that stuff works better for facebook (not on my shop window)

www.djjasoncole.com
Trinicapone 2:07 AM - 22 February, 2012
Quote:
www.djnature.com

Respect! I like your site!
Henry GQ 7:42 PM - 1 March, 2012
erie dj - www.djhenrygq.com
Henry GQ 7:43 PM - 1 March, 2012
this is more for weddings and mobile events then clubs or...
sixxx 9:08 PM - 1 March, 2012
updated my logo... and hence, my website (well, a little bit)

www.djsixxx.info
Dj Nyce 9:16 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:

www.djsixxx.info

loving the new logo
Dj Nyce 9:16 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:

www.djsixxx.info

loving the new logo
HYDRO MATIC 9:20 PM - 1 March, 2012
www.thehydromatic.com

just a redirect to my onesheet but figured id post anyway

links to my fan page (that i neglect), soundcloud with all my mixes and youtube with all my video edits with free downloads...

critique away
sixxx 2:28 AM - 2 March, 2012
Thanks Nyce. I guess now I'll never switch to controllers. lol
KarbonSOUNDZ 12:12 AM - 3 March, 2012
www.wix.com This is the first time I created my own site. I even added the music player to my internet radio show. Can you guy let me know what you think? Thanks
DjayRage 3:25 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:

www.djsixxx.info

"Hip hop" and "True Hip Hop" lulz
Nice logo though Six.
DjayRage 3:29 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
erie dj - www.djhenrygq.com

Nice site, very easy to use and find information. I see your using DJ Intelligence. Been using them for years, love it. But it seems like clients have gotten lazier and lazier. In past years as soon as I would send them their log-in info they would start putting in requests and filling out the timeline and stuff. Most of my events for the last year or so when I tell them "you know there's a month/couple of weeks before your event and you haven't put in any requests" they have been like "it's okay we trust you with the music selection". I guess that's a great thing but at the same time I like to use their requests as a guideline on what they would like to hear.
DjayRage 4:00 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
www.wix.com This is the first time I created my own site. I even added the music player to my internet radio show. Can you guy let me know what you think? Thanks

Problem with Wix is that it's all Flash based so on some mobile browsers and PC's that are stuck in the past (like my work PC right now) it won't work or display anything.
KarbonSOUNDZ 4:02 PM - 9 March, 2012
Yea @DjayRage, I have noticed that. Any suggestions? I would appreciate it if you had any
sixxx 4:13 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

www.djsixxx.info

"Hip hop" and "True Hip Hop" lulz
Nice logo though Six.

I just updated my website again. It's actually a wordpress blog... but you can't really tell. ;)

I was going to "hip hop" rap instead. I think I should. And just keep true hip hop as hip hop.... you know that good ol' debate. lol
sixxx 4:14 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Problem with Wix is that it's all Flash based so on some mobile browsers and PC's that are stuck in the past (like my work PC right now) it won't work or display anything.

I just cancelled my wix subscription after 2 years. :)

I re-created my own website using wordpress on my own domain. No more flash. I'm actually happy about that. It's not complete though. I'd like to add background music.
DjayRage 4:19 PM - 9 March, 2012
Not too sure about any free solutions like that besides using something like Blogspot or Blogger.
I prefer to use my own URL/Domain so I installed Wordpress on my site (because it's so easy to post new items, is very customizable and search engine friendly). You can get some good deals on domains and hosting if you shop around. My current host had a deal going on the other day so I jumped on it. Paid $35 for a new domain and to host my site for a year.
DjayRage 4:22 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I re-created my own website using wordpress on my own domain. No more flash. I'm actually happy about that. It's not complete though. I'd like to add background music.

Sixxx I would change that Video Mixes page to unpublished until you add some content on there. There's a bunch of free plug ins to add background music, I turned it off on my site because it was making it load a little slower. I may turn it back on though later.
If you use Soundcloud there's plug-ins/widgets for that or you can look for plug-ins that let you host your own mp3 or video file and use that.
sixxx 4:26 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
Not too sure about any free solutions like that besides using something like Blogspot or Blogger.
I prefer to use my own URL/Domain so I installed Wordpress on my site (because it's so easy to post new items, is very customizable and search engine friendly). You can get some good deals on domains and hosting if you shop around. My current host had a deal going on the other day so I jumped on it. Paid $35 for a new domain and to host my site for a year.

This is exactly what I just did 48 hours ago. :) Loving it!

I've never used wordpress before and at first, I had no idea what to do to modify their templates... but with a lot of reading, I got it looking nice. nm
sixxx 4:28 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sixxx I would change that Video Mixes page to unpublished until you add some content on there. There's a bunch of free plug ins to add background music, I turned it off on my site because it was making it load a little slower. I may turn it back on though later.
If you use Soundcloud there's plug-ins/widgets for that or you can look for plug-ins that let you host your own mp3 or video file and use that.

That's an excellent point. I had no idea you can do that? See? Learning something new everyday. I also just learned that you can "time" stuff to be published on its own. So, that way, if I want to post a mix next week, it will appear on its own but I can upload it today.

I've never used soundcloud because I've heard they're blocking a lot of mixes nowadays. :/

I just read on adding music to it. Should be fairly simple. Thanks for the advice!
DjayRage 4:30 PM - 9 March, 2012
By the way here's my new site so far. Took me a couple of days (started last week).
www.djrage.net
The photos on the homepage are generated randomly every time the page loads and they come from my Facebook albums (I can pick and choose which albums to display or hide). That free plug-in is called Fotobook. I just went in the code and customized it a little.
I still have to figure out how to make the Subscribe button fit withing the widget window and the RSS feeds are also not displaying properly for items that have long names/titles.
Any other feedback guys and gals?
sixxx 4:32 PM - 9 March, 2012
Just changed that Video Mixes page to unpublished. Took me a few seconds. Man, loving wordpress. Also, being able to do this from anywhere is nice. I used to design pages back in the day with software and I had to be at home to be able change/add stuff. That was the reason why I changed to wix (mainly), then started hating it after hearing many people complaining about flash.
DjayRage 4:36 PM - 9 March, 2012
Yup I have a Soundcloud page but haven't updated it in a while because they deleted some of my mixes.
I really need to teach myself graphic design. I had to pay someone $40 to design that banner for me. That's more than what I paid for the domain and for a year of hosting on my site lol

Oh by the way Sixxx there's a free plugin that converts your site to a mobile version when someone visits from their cell phones mobile browser. Go to my site from your phone to check it out (I still have to customize that more).
Let me log in to my Wordpress and find the name of that plug-in.
sixxx 4:38 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
By the way here's my new site so far. Took me a couple of days (started last week).
www.djrage.net
The photos on the homepage are generated randomly every time the page loads and they come from my Facebook albums (I can pick and choose which albums to display or hide). That free plug-in is called Fotobook. I just went in the code and customized it a little.
I still have to figure out how to make the Subscribe button fit withing the widget window and the RSS feeds are also not displaying properly for items that have long names/titles.
Any other feedback guys and gals?

I think you're going to have to go into the code and edit it there. I'm new to wordpress so can't tell you exactly how. lol

I eliminated all the dates from mine cause I don't like it looking like a blog. I also eliminated the bottom thing that said what kind of template I was using.

I noticed one of your posts says "posted in DJ tips" but I don't see that on the top menus. Is there no page for that? It would be nice to click on that. I'm actually working on a DJ ETIQUETTE page right now.
DjayRage 4:41 PM - 9 March, 2012
Here's that plug-in.
wordpress.org
WP Touch
I found a few other plug-ins that do similar things (one even turns your site into an App that gets submitted into the Apple and Android app stores) but those were all not free plug-ins, some of them were several hundred bucks.
sixxx 4:42 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
Yup I have a Soundcloud page but haven't updated it in a while because they deleted some of my mixes.
I really need to teach myself graphic design. I had to pay someone $40 to design that banner for me. That's more than what I paid for the domain and for a year of hosting on my site lol

Oh by the way Sixxx there's a free plugin that converts your site to a mobile version when someone visits from their cell phones mobile browser. Go to my site from your phone to check it out (I still have to customize that more).
Let me log in to my Wordpress and find the name of that plug-in.

Yeah. I'm a graphics designer by trade so it's easy to just go and do anything I want. That cassette tape that's on my mixes page was created in illustrator like 10 years ago. I got to use it again. lol

Thanks on that mobile plug-in. I'm going to look into that. They added that to wix about 6 months ago and I kinda liked it. Though they didn't have many templates.
sixxx 4:46 PM - 9 March, 2012
Just checked your website using my phone. I really like that plug in. I"m going to check into it. Thanks for the link!
sixxx 4:47 PM - 9 March, 2012
Love the fact that you can switch back and forth at the bottom without having to go into your phone settings.
DjayRage 4:50 PM - 9 March, 2012
Yeah that's part of my theme's style sheet. Gonna have to brush up on my CSS coding and play around in there. Another thing I like about Wordpress is that I can use that preview button to double check any changes before going live.
Yeah I didn't add the categories in the top menu yet because I don't have that much content on there yet. Thanks for reminding me though. I completely forgot about the categories.
There's so much stuff out there for Wordpress. Yesterday I was looking at subscription widgets (the free one I use now from Jetpack isn't that customizable) and next thing I know I had spent a few hours at work looking at all these different solutions lol
It's almost like when your on Youtube and you go through related videos. Four hours later your slowly backing away from the computer, wiping everything down with clorox wipes and realizing you will be having trouble sleeping that night :0
DjayRage 4:52 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
Just checked your website using my phone. I really like that plug in. I"m going to check into it. Thanks for the link!

No problem, return the favor if you find anything cool like that I could use possibly use.
Oh if you add a link section to your site and add my site I'll do the same on my end (add your site). The more sites linking to your site the higher the search engine ranking.
DjayRage 4:55 PM - 9 March, 2012
Added ya:
www.djrage.net

Same thing goes for any other DJ's/Industry peeps that wanna link up. There's plenty of food out there for all of us to eat so I don't mind sending traffic to other peoples sites.
sixxx 5:06 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

No problem, return the favor if you find anything cool like that I could use possibly use.
Oh if you add a link section to your site and add my site I'll do the same on my end (add your site). The more sites linking to your site the higher the search engine ranking.

No problem.

I actually installed it and had it running already. I even added my own icon but I need to modify my logo since their mobile background on the top menu is dark so black on dark doesn't show up well.

I also need to mess with it so my text is not all messed up looking. Since, I don't have much time to mess with it today. I disabled it for now.

Thanks again though.
sixxx 5:10 PM - 9 March, 2012
Here you go....

WordPress should have its own thread.

serato.com
sixxx 5:13 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
Added ya:
www.djrage.net

Same thing goes for any other DJ's/Industry peeps that wanna link up. There's plenty of food out there for all of us to eat so I don't mind sending traffic to other peoples sites.

Thanks! You just reminded me to add a links page too. I will do that this weekend and return the favor.
Logisticalstyles 5:54 PM - 9 March, 2012
Quote:
Yesterday I was looking at subscription widgets (the free one I use now from Jetpack isn't that customizable) and next thing I know I had spent a few hours at work looking at all these different solutions lol

I'm pretty sure I spent a good 6 hours working on and researching stuff for my new Wordpress blog yesterday. Fortunately things are slow at the help desk lately.
KarbonSOUNDZ 9:06 PM - 9 March, 2012
Much love to DjayRage & sixxx, thanks for taking the time to point me in the right direction. If your ever in Denver hit me up. Are you guys on twitter? Good people are hard to find
DjayRage 9:13 PM - 9 March, 2012
Yeah www.twitter.com
I was actually supposed to be in Denver this weekend (relative passed away), but they needed financial help covering some of the medical and funeral expenses so I sent them the loot I'd be spending on round trip tickets for me and my wife instead.
sixxx 1:40 AM - 10 March, 2012
Quote:
Much love to DjayRage & sixxx, thanks for taking the time to point me in the right direction. If your ever in Denver hit me up. Are you guys on twitter? Good people are hard to find

I just saw you're following me. I don't really use twitter though I have a twitter account. lol
KarbonSOUNDZ 2:37 PM - 13 March, 2012
Guys am heading out to NY in May, is there any club(s) I might want to hit up out there (Am landing Saturday morning/leaving Sunday NIght). No techno or Dubstep please. lol Gonna be out there for the weekend just trying to get some new photos/images for the website.
reggae delgado 3:57 PM - 13 March, 2012
Here's my not so special wordpress site... Just trying to keep it easy to & worthwhile to visit. I'd love feed back!
www.aztlanroots.com
dj_JM 7:15 PM - 13 March, 2012
@DjayRage - you're site is blocked for those of us trying to access it at work (me). According to "Webroot" web security, it is recognized as "Adult_and_Pornography".
DjayRage 7:37 PM - 13 March, 2012
Ha thanks let me look into it. My site's only been up a couple of weeks and it's already blocked? WTF...
I wonder if it's the Twitter widget I have on there causing it. Can you access Twitter from work? I know at school it used to be blocked because it was categorized as such.
DjayRage 8:01 PM - 13 March, 2012
So I looked up that URL on Waybackmachine and looks like some DJ from Connecticut had that URL before. He had an area on his website called "picture of the week" and some of those pictures were slightly NSFW. Looks like I may have to find a way to contact Webroot and have them recheck my site so they can give me the all clear.
DjayRage 8:08 PM - 13 March, 2012
By the way if anyone else ever comes across this problem, this is the link you need to contact Webroot.
www.webroot.com
Dj K.Smith 8:29 PM - 13 March, 2012
Just my blog I use but I just got the domain name to make it easier for people to find me...

www.djksmith.com
DJ Sonny D 8:42 PM - 13 March, 2012
sonnyssounds.blogspot.com

I have some new tutorials regarding MIDI/The Bridge/LightJockey/MyDMX if you care to check it out.
DjayRage 8:43 PM - 13 March, 2012
^Nice. I would cut some of the spacing in the wording you have at the top though, or add some kind of box/frame around it. That might make it look a little better.
DJ Sonny D 8:44 PM - 13 March, 2012
Thanks, I was trying to figure that out but got frustrated and left it as is.
DjayRage 8:48 PM - 13 March, 2012
Meant that for DJ K. Smith
DJ Sonny D that's pretty dope. I stopped using DMX years ago because it was a little too much work (not worth the effort for most of my gigs). I bookmarked your site as I may be considering that approach you took in the future as all my lights are DMX compatible and I noticed that there's even wireless DMX now. Thanks
Dj K.Smith 9:14 PM - 13 March, 2012
Quote:
Meant that for DJ K. Smith

Noted, thanks...
djrfingers 1:17 PM - 20 June, 2013
New to the forum. My site is pmpent.webs.com any feedback would be appreciated. Still have work to do on it. Focused towards weddings.
XCAKID 2:37 PM - 20 June, 2013
My site, I have not updated it in about a month or two though.
www.djaltadeo.com
XCAKID 2:42 PM - 20 June, 2013
Oh crap, going back and reading these comments, I just realized how old this thread is. LOL. Guess I am late in the games.....how the hell did this get revived??
jprime 3:41 PM - 20 June, 2013
lol, who cares, it's revival time! Couple of mine,

dj stuff: www.viperfunk.com

blog: www.bootybreaks.com
Funkytownstopsix 5:49 PM - 21 June, 2013
www.vdjbig.com

It is what it is!!!!!!
Funkytownstopsix 5:52 PM - 21 June, 2013
and yes built myself uisng joomla...
Swizzle 8:26 AM - 23 June, 2013
DJ D-Swift

www.djdswift.net

Monthly Mix Blog
KorΔ“ Scott 9:06 PM - 29 March, 2016
Just re-did mine, still learning web design but I like it

korescott.com
jprime 10:05 PM - 29 March, 2016
SeriousCyrus 11:04 PM - 29 March, 2016
Re did mine a while back in wordpress, it's more focused on my app development at the moment:

seriouscyrus.com
Funkytownstopsix 12:29 PM - 4 April, 2016
Kore your site is pretty good for someone who is just learning.... Serious,,,, dude I love anything that is black and gray it looks very clean and polished. I redone mine last year my favorite page on my site is my video page. www.vdjbig.com I could have audio on the video links on the main page when you hover the mouse over each link but I thought that was too much... Anyway good job guys.
Β 6 2:13 PM - 4 April, 2016
I guess I'll post my updated site. lol

www.e-maginethat.com

nm
Djt@v0asd230841234 7:30 PM - 23 October, 2017
Here's mine www.djtavo.ca
R-Tistic 10:12 PM - 23 October, 2017
My current:

www.DJR-Tistic.com

Updated it in March
Pepehouse 2:17 AM - 14 January, 2020
Just found this thread at Google. Believe it or not, I enjoy planning, mixing and recording my own dj sets for uploading for a few friends that like my taste and maybe someone new to listen, with mixcloud later changes people that just want to listen to music find it harder and I'm getting less plays

Does someone's using his own portal for this and can tell me how and where to start please?
eriedjco 5:44 AM - 23 March, 2020
Erie DJ Company | www.eriedjco.com