DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

HAHA @ Kid Capri - DJ's Of All Genres MUST See This - Don't Coach Me!

Dj Shamann 9:44 PM - 13 March, 2010
Don't coach Kid Capri

Watchwww.youtube.com
djemkay 10:12 PM - 13 March, 2010
Lmao I am gonna d this the next time some one comes up to me asking me to play something they can dance too
DJ Magic 300 10:18 PM - 13 March, 2010
I dunno man, Seems like he blew it outta proportion to me, There was no need to stop and cut off the music for 2 mins cause someone asked for reggae. Wouldn't it just be easier to tell her no? or explain that to her and not embarass her? I dunno. It did make me laugh though.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:29 PM - 13 March, 2010
He may have done that already
DJ Magic 300 10:30 PM - 13 March, 2010
That's a solid point.
RogerRabbit 10:35 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
I dunno man, Seems like he blew it outta proportion to me, There was no need to stop and cut off the music for 2 mins cause someone asked for reggae.

+1. But maybe it was an ugly chick...
SteveXM 5:20 AM - 14 March, 2010
I think I got Reggaeton, Party in the USA, "New York" by Jay Z (Empire State of Mind), and Come on Eileen requests, by the same girl in a 1 minute span, who by the way went from sitting to sitting all night, last night. This was also after someone requested someone else to tell me to play something other than "North West stuff" while I was mixing Mos Def and other, very not Washington, hip hop. kinda wish Kid Capri had been there haha
SteveGallagher 5:27 AM - 14 March, 2010
im gonna try that at a wedding.
DJ_Gadabout 5:34 AM - 14 March, 2010
Quote:
That's a solid point.

+1
Shawny D 7:59 AM - 14 March, 2010
Real talk.
DJ Mr. $ 9:02 AM - 14 March, 2010
Quote:
im gonna try that at a wedding.

good luck
MrTM2 9:23 AM - 14 March, 2010
That was awesome. +1
DjRekTek 9:54 AM - 14 March, 2010
It was funny...my guess is that Capri had a few shots in him...and just had a moment...I don't think that would be the norm for him...but hey, what do I know.
DJ Mr. $ 10:19 AM - 14 March, 2010
1 of the guys who spins at my residency (mulyi-room bar) also has times where he gets on the mic, kills the music, and calls out a dumb bitch. And every time he does it the girl deserves it
G_illn 11:44 AM - 14 March, 2010
if your cowd is entertained....they won't request shit.
Mr Jimdobalina 12:00 PM - 14 March, 2010
Hahaha, fantastic!!!!
Dj Mike P. 12:20 PM - 14 March, 2010
Quote:

But if your at a pure underground Hiphop party you cant expect to hear Reggae. And I love my dancehall. She should have went to a Reggae party that night.
DJ Rumors 1:04 PM - 14 March, 2010
Quote:

But if your at a pure underground Hiphop party you cant expect to hear Reggae. And I love my dancehall. She should have went to a Reggae party that night.

agree with the first part but not the second. I cant really stand HARDCORE hip hop or rap, but WOULD go to a hip hop club to see Kid Capri perform. It's highly unlikely he'll ever do a Ol' Skool R & B or even a EPM club.
BERTO 5:10 PM - 14 March, 2010
thats fucking awesome, props
Marx&Villain 5:30 PM - 14 March, 2010
awsome haha
Loopman 8:12 PM - 14 March, 2010
this is nothing new from Kid Capri - I saw him once in NY where he pretty much did the same thing but the after effects of it didn't last that long :)
djchrischip 9:47 PM - 14 March, 2010
yo i would have ordered 25 shots of johnny walker blue on him lololol
DJBIGWIZ 10:50 PM - 14 March, 2010
Quote:
yo i would have ordered 25 shots of johnny walker blue on him lololol

word, next time I catch him spinnin, I'm making some damn requests and gettin me some drinks! hahaha
Dj Mike P. 11:04 PM - 14 March, 2010
Kid Capri is more than just a dj he's a real entertainer doing a real show, that girl calling out during his set is like heckling a comedian.
DJ JuVi 11:57 PM - 14 March, 2010
Sorry ya'll, I respect Kid Capri who's more than a DJ, but he should've handle it wayyyyyy better. At his status, he can't treat his audience this way. He should've act like a pro and laugh his way out of this, joke about it for like 5 seconds, maybe mock her a bit, but that's it. You CAN'T interrupt a DJ in that league, but maybe his ego made him go Kanye on her. Just this time, the crowed didn't cheer him up. That act was too long, too disrespectful, too unprofessional. It's just wrong.
Henry GQ 12:01 AM - 15 March, 2010
ive done that shit before.. shut the music down. some dood comin to me saying noones dancing.. but my floor is packed.. put that muthafukr on blast, just cuz i wasnt playing his shit.. suck a dick. had people fuckin laughn their asses off at this dummy.

the best is when theres a fight.. and i shut the music off and tell everyone we taking a pauze for the cause.. time to take out the trash, u just cant be playign music and being all serious, entertain the crowd! haha
DJ McKay 1:21 AM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
It was funny...my guess is that Capri had a few shots in him...and just had a moment...I don't think that would be the norm for him...but hey, what do I know.

Nah thats just the way Capri is. he is really up front about everything, when i hosted a DJ battle last july, Capri came and spunn a set and he just gets down straight Bronx style. he is the type that demands respect and he gets it.
treeo730 3:05 AM - 15 March, 2010
lol
pdidy 3:37 AM - 15 March, 2010
ive by to a party were hes done this before.......its a regular thing for him when peeps interrupt his sets to ask for a request.......he takes it as a form of disrespect and i agree...........when i saw him do this live, everybody was like what the fuck was this chick thinkin an the dance floor was packed...lol
DJ'Que 3:59 AM - 15 March, 2010
that was funny. But true. Hiphop club but she want to hear raggae
Redi2roc 4:51 AM - 15 March, 2010
I have to admit I LOL'D pretty HARD @ that VID!! Bigups Shamann!
DjSugarDaddy 7:31 AM - 15 March, 2010
i wanna party with Capri!
J0be 11:17 AM - 15 March, 2010
legend
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:12 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
this is nothing new from Kid Capri - I saw him once in NY where he pretty much did the same thing but the after effects of it didn't last that long :)

Quote:
ive by to a party were hes done this before.......its a regular thing for him when peeps interrupt his sets to ask for a request.......he takes it as a form of disrespect and i agree...........when i saw him do this live, everybody was like what the fuck was this chick thinkin an the dance floor was packed...lol

i wonder if it was the same chick he just brings to do that at shows, like how TI used to have some dude throw a drink at him at every show and chase after him in the crowd to make him look hard lol, easy way to get your friends free drinks
DJ Benny B NYC 2:21 PM - 15 March, 2010
fyi that was at tony touch's party at sutra - a VERY small spot. a bar, not a big club. there were maybe 50 people there so it probably wasn't that big of a deal.

that being said yeah he overreacted. get over yourself. i would be pissed if i was in the crowd and i had to stand around for a minute and a half while he humiliated a girl. hes lucky the boyfriend didnt give him a crack.
Mr. Cheese 71nyc 8:20 AM - 16 March, 2010
not every DJ can do that, ok - I think he handled that very well or else someone would be up there requesting Drake after that!
djchrischip 8:32 AM - 16 March, 2010
+1 benny
DJ FATBOX From L.A. 4:15 PM - 16 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
I dunno man, Seems like he blew it outta proportion to me, There was no need to stop and cut off the music for 2 mins cause someone asked for reggae.

+1. But maybe it was an ugly chick...

But you know i feel kid because i work in a night club and i be trying to do me and play the music that's hot today! and the shit that i get tired of is that some drunk bitch will come up to me and ask me to play some off the wall shit! after a while that shit gets old real quick! so i totally understand his fustration as a dj!
DJBIGWIZ 5:53 PM - 16 March, 2010
word, if you got the floor packed and people are dancing and having a good time then you are doing your job and don't need some idiot asking you to play something we can dance to when the whole club is dancing except them... or saying nobody wants to hear this when again the whole club is dancing and singing the lyrics.
I don't go to their job and tell them how to put my fries in the bag so back off and let me do my thing.
freshtodeath 3:53 PM - 17 March, 2010
this made me lol
juanvaldez 4:44 PM - 17 March, 2010
why would you say "jus sit there an let me do me" an then ask the crowd if they want to hear new shit or keep it old? thought you didn't want people to tell you what to do
DouggyFresh 7:13 PM - 17 March, 2010
I had this girl last night who wanted to hear some chitty bang bang remix of MGMT Kids... and I'm in the middle of playing down south hip hop... I think in the entire time Kids has been out, I played it one time, and never got a good response from it.

She not only requested it, she played it for me on her Iphone... and then asked again like 3 times... and then she wouldn't go away. I feel bad being mean to people making requests, but people get so pushy sometimes...

I'm going to get a pair of iPod headphones and keep them with me, so the next time someone brings their iPhone up to me, and they want to hear a song I'm not going to play for them I can hand them the headphones and tell them they can listen to the song as many times as they want.
R-Tistic 11:14 PM - 17 March, 2010
1. He did too much

2. It seems like there were only 15 people in the crowd

3. She deserved it to an extent, but once again, #1. He did too much
djchriscruz 12:56 AM - 18 March, 2010
It seemed like he's been planning to do that for a while. He was probably thinking to himself "next time someone requests some stupid shit I'm gonna go off on them and I'm gonna say......"
DJROBsf1 3:32 AM - 18 March, 2010
He was right to do what he did, So stop hatting
Had that been Am, Z trip, or A Trac All you haters would have called that girl all kinds of names, but because it was Kid Capri you have to find a reason to down grade a true hip hop Icon.

I am the first to say that Kid Capri is not the best in the skills department but he is a true pioneer not a made up fabricated pioneer like ZTrip, ATrac and Am.

Those three guys are average dj,s. One of them even has the
nerve to say he invented mashups in his bio on his website, And you know thats a out right lie.

But we have some deaf, dumb and blind fuckers on this web site they hear an Am mix and swear they can not hear the RunDmc sample in his mix these idiots really thinks he made the beat. No he did not make that beat. He looped that shit Rick Rubin and Jam Master J made that beat you deaf bastards.

What you dj's need to do is when you see these so called super stars you should go and call them out on he spot if you think you can really step to them, but they do not want to battle a real dj.

Give the true pioneers their just do and respect.

If you really think Kid Capri is that weak of a Dj. Then you should step to him and call him out to a battle in his face not that post a mix bullshit or post a video lame ass dj wanna be style .
You cats need to start acting like real Dj's not some wanna be ass haters.
Billy18bm 4:43 AM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:

have u ever actually played out anywhere?... lmao theres always "that guy or girl".
DJ Alkemy 10:23 AM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:

Didn't he play Lil Kim's Ladies Night?
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:36 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

is that reggae\dancehall?!?
DJ Mr. $ 1:06 PM - 18 March, 2010
can you imagine the reaction on this board if pauly d did that
DJ Alkemy 2:16 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nah...it's weak as f*** hip-pop music...I was making the point because the guy said a pure underground hip-hop night and Capri played that trash.
DJROBsf1 3:40 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nah...it's weak as f*** hip-pop music...I was making the point because the guy said a pure underground hip-hop night and Capri played that trash.

If you think you can do better go to a Kid Capri Gig and tell him that your self in person. And then ask to battle on the spot.
If that's the way you truly fill as a matter of fact he has a web site and a myspace why you griping to us go to one of Kid Capri sites and tell him that if he does not slap the shit out of you when he meets you he might just battle you.
You won't your scread!!
DJ Alkemy 5:19 PM - 18 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Calm down and get off his nuts..I love Kid Capri, was just pointing out the fact that he played trash Hip-Hop when the guy a few posts up said it was a pure undergroung Hip-Hop night. And for the record, I would love to throw down with Kid Capri, I may not win but I would be able to say I battled one of the pioneers...now go to his myspace and start spreading rumours, ya little girl lmao.

If you think you can do better go to a Kid Capri Gig and tell him that your self in person. And then ask to battle on the spot.
If that's the way you truly fill as a matter of fact he has a web site and a myspace why you griping to us go to one of Kid Capri sites and tell him that if he does not slap the shit out of you when he meets you he might just battle you.
You won't your scread!!
djaction 4:02 PM - 20 March, 2010
Quote:
Had that been Am, Z trip, or A Trac All you haters would have called that girl all kinds of names, but because it was Kid Capri you have to find a reason to down grade a true hip hop Icon.

I am the first to say that Kid Capri is not the best in the skills department but he is a true pioneer not a made up fabricated pioneer like ZTrip, ATrac and Am.

nerve to say he invented mashups in his bio on his website, And you know thats a out right lie.

But we have some deaf, dumb and blind fuckers on this web site they hear an Am mix and swear they can not hear the RunDmc sample in his mix these idiots really thinks he made the beat. No he did not make that beat. He looped that shit Rick Rubin and Jam Master J made that beat you deaf bastards.

What you dj's need to do is when you see these so called super stars you should go and call them out on he spot if you think you can really step to them, but they do not want to battle a real dj.

If you really think Kid Capri is that weak of a Dj. Then you should step to him and call him out to a battle in his face not that post a mix bullshit or post a video lame ass dj wanna be style .

Did you really just call Atrak an average DJ? The average DJ has won all three DMC, ITF, Vestax battles? And the average DJ has won the DMC at the age of 15?
DJROBsf1 4:10 PM - 20 March, 2010
Yes i did. So that show that you have limited skills if you they are the and think they are top of the food chain dj's
DJROBsf1 4:12 PM - 20 March, 2010
he average get over it
djanthonyd 6:32 PM - 20 March, 2010
Quote:
can you imagine the reaction on this board if pauly d did that

haha . Mayhem
DJ McKay 4:29 PM - 21 March, 2010
Quote:
Yes i did. So that show that you have limited skills if you they are the and think they are top of the food chain dj's

HAHAHA sorry bro ATrak is DEF not average. very far from it. dont get me wrong i am a big Capri fan but Atrak is def one of the greats as well.
TOTAL FAIL!!!!
Caramac 8:24 PM - 21 March, 2010
DJROBsf1 is my new favourite poster.
geeunot 9:30 AM - 22 March, 2010
He intentionally likes to start arguments. His posts are all full of hate and he constantly challenges people, it's funny actually.
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:34 PM - 22 March, 2010
dont post it if you dont want us to roast it, write that one down
Dj dOoOb_edstreme 8:38 PM - 15 April, 2010
Capri is a duchebag DJ AM wanna be.! Do that if you're in XS or Haze. Then you'll get my props. That chick pays for his Drinks! and he just ruined her night.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:40 PM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:

That chick pays for his Drinks!

she bought him drinks....well that changes everything
Maskrider 8:48 PM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:
he average get over it

What is the Definition of Average for you?..... That's what I wanna know.
DJ Ritmo 9:55 PM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:

You wanna battle me huh.....huh......ok well say hello to my lil friend
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:57 PM - 15 April, 2010
DAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN look at ritmo step up to the plate!!!!11
RogerRabbit 10:18 PM - 15 April, 2010
Quote:
DAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN look at ritmo step up to the plate!!!!11

I know where you are going with this....
Manny C dot com 11:10 PM - 15 April, 2010
Is it just me, or did he ease up a little when he realized that there was a man backing her up?
DJ Alkemy 12:21 AM - 16 April, 2010
Just watched it for the first time and I think Kid Capri acted like a complete asshole. I know it's kind of annoying when someone comes up and asks for something totally different from what type of music is already playing but hell, we are there to entertain the crowd, stop being a jackass and maybe just toss a hip-hop track with a reggae vibe to it on the deck and keep your paying customers happy.

He created a real awkward vibe when there was no need to. And Manny, your right, he did settle down when the lady's dude approached the booth. Kind of dissapointed I watched that cause I always respected Kid Capri.

And the whole "DONT COACH ME" argument loses credibility when only a minute or so later he asks the whole crowd shall he play some new stuff or keep it old.
dj shadow from detroit 1:38 AM - 16 April, 2010
who ever said dj am,dj atrak and ztrip are average needs there head cracked.that is the most stupid shit i ever heard...do your home work. lol! need to relax with that stupid talk.sounds like a new dj that started lastnight. haha

now with the way kid capri acted i would of not acted like that but i have felt like doing exactly what he did on many occasions....... i just laugh it off because as djs we run across alot of ignorant people.it happens and always will happen as long as we dj out.even doing specific events hip hop,reggae or dance you will always get that person that acts ignorant and wants there song right now and if you dont play it they wine about or get violent acting. ( this is the down side of djing ) which is normal.sad but true!

i do agree that capri might of handled the situation wrong but i respect what he said.because alot of people are ignorant and dont understand what a true dj is.
DJ Alkemy 1:48 AM - 16 April, 2010
Quote:
who ever said dj am,dj atrak and ztrip are average needs there head cracked.that is the most stupid shit i ever heard...do your home work. lol! need to relax with that stupid talk.sounds like a new dj that started lastnight. haha

now with the way kid capri acted i would of not acted like that but i have felt like doing exactly what he did on many occasions....... i just laugh it off because as djs we run across alot of ignorant people.it happens and always will happen as long as we dj out.even doing specific events hip hop,reggae or dance you will always get that person that acts ignorant and wants there song right now and if you dont play it they wine about or get violent acting. ( this is the down side of djing ) which is normal.sad but true!

i do agree that capri might of handled the situation wrong but i respect what he said.because alot of people are ignorant and dont understand what a true dj is.

I hear ya but to the normal average person in the club, we are the ones who just play the music so I think they can be forgiven for asking for music. This whole "no requests" crap make us look so up our own arse, and as most DJ's claim not to have pre-prepared sets, what is the big deal about tossing in a few requested tracks here and there. I dont think the girl was boisterous about asking for reggae, Capri just blew it out of all proportion until her man got pissed at the blatant lack of professionalism and manners directed at his girl. Yes, Capri, you are a legend in the game, yes you have paid your dues 10 times over but it goes a long way to showing a mans fibre when he has to feel the need to stop the music, get on the mic and embarrass a paying customer cause she asked for reggae. You aint splitting the fucking atom!, just either play a reggae track or politely tell her that you dont have any reggae and will maybe throw on a track that has reggae in it if you can...thats the problem with a lot of DJ's now too, thinking they are a lot more important than they really are.
dj buterd hams 2:22 AM - 16 April, 2010
i got to see this when i get home
dj shadow from detroit 3:45 AM - 16 April, 2010
how do we know how she talked to him? maybe she was being rude.... for me i would of played her request in some kind of way because i take request from nice women if it fits the venue.if she was rude i would of smiled and said i dont have reggae sorry.

you notice i said fit the venue ? he was booked to do a hip hop show.i agree maybe she didnt know it was strictly a hip hop show because she is used to asking for request ( maybe she was being rude while asking ).....she could of came off hard and talking shit to him and maybe not she could have been a nice lady asking.we dont know that.regardless he did put her on blast with a spotlight :) ha!

there plenty of times i have had women come up to me and act like a damn full and disrespect me about music they dont like or a request.( this is 20 yrs of djing ) so u will go through things like this.i do feel its a djs job to make costumers happy and entertain them as much as you can but when your doing your thing and you get someone talking shit to you.it changes the game sometimes if they catch you at the wrong time its even worse and i do believe kid capri was caught during one of these times.it happens in all professions.........

to say he acted 100% correct with the situation maybe not but i know i have been in situations where i wanted to put them on blast like he did.............

when it comes down to it its hard to judge when we dont know the real situation........regardless kid capri is a dope dj and a true pioneer.
Dj Shamann 6:54 AM - 16 April, 2010
Quote:
how do we know how she talked to him?
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:34 PM - 16 April, 2010
we have some big name DJs and NY locals on this board someone get kid capri on the phone and lets get to the bottom of this!!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:37 PM - 16 April, 2010
Quote:

He created a real awkward vibe when there was no need to.

i dont think he created an awkward vibe at all, if anything he rallied everyone together. Most likley that was a hip hop event and the people were there to see hiphop and were fans of hip hop. Capri even gassed up the people there pointing at them saying they were hiphop. As a hiphop fan who dosent like reggae i would have been hyped up on some we hiphop get ya shit outta here tip
DJDDT 1:58 PM - 16 April, 2010
Fuck it! Have fun!
SteadFast 7:08 PM - 16 April, 2010
lol he did tone it down when dude stepped up.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:11 PM - 16 April, 2010
i gotta give it up for dude steppin up for ole girl, thats a real dude right there. I woulda been the loudest one laughing and pointing in the crowd....she woulda had to put up with me laughin the whole car ride home
SteadFast 7:17 PM - 16 April, 2010
capri was probably thinking "I'm gonna put this girl on blast and everyone is gonna think i'm hard and cool"
Then that guy came up quick and was like whats up all serious, and capri is like uhh i dunno you guys want me to buy you a drink, just want you to have a good time. Yeah thats not what you were thinking at first when you were like I'm gonna put the spotlight on this girls ass.
Bounce2013 3:49 AM - 17 April, 2010
Damn! Thats a real ass DJ for you.. he got a "dumb bitch request" 1 too many times...
DJ CISC0 4:16 AM - 17 April, 2010
Quote:
Damn! Thats a real ass DJ for you.. he got a "dumb bitch request" 1 too many times...
I think thats what is really was. I mean, he does spin at different spots on the regular so I can't imagine all the dumb shit he must've heard in his time. I bet that was just a venting episode for him due to all the sheep requests he has to deal with on the regular. Some other DJs might've handled it a different way but....it is what it is.
TreyPeezyDot 2:04 AM - 27 April, 2010
Quote:
Don't coach Kid Capri

Watchwww.youtube.com

Real SHHH there. I hate requests!
DJ Alkemy 2:31 AM - 27 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Don't coach Kid Capri

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

You should find another profession then
DJS/R 2:47 AM - 27 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Don't coach Kid Capri

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

You should find another profession then

true
TreyPeezyDot 11:14 PM - 27 April, 2010
I have a profession and I still do what I want on the tables. Want to request go to the juke box!
DJ Alkemy 11:20 PM - 27 April, 2010
Quote:
I have a profession and I still do what I want on the tables. Want to request go to the juke box!

Can never understand a DJ that says no requests...Im not saying that you should have to play everything you get asked for but keeping the customers happy equals keeping them there and will probably result in you having a longer residency at said club. Most of all it will stop you looking like an arrogant ass. Im curious to know what is it you tell people when they request a track (good or bad) or are you one of those douches who wear a "no requests" T-shirt.
TreyPeezyDot 11:45 PM - 27 April, 2010
No I am not a retard DJ. I play requests but I hate people that are their early and want to hear all the hits one after the next after the next.
DJ Alkemy 12:00 AM - 28 April, 2010
Quote:
No I am not a retard DJ. I play requests but I hate people that are their early and want to hear all the hits one after the next after the next.

oh OK, it just seemed like you were dead against requests...my bad. I get what your saying. You will always have certain people that approach you with the mindset that they are the most important person in the room and want every song they request played extra quick, to them people I always just say "Ill see what I can do" or tell them to do one if they get too pissy but if someone comes up and is regular and cool and asks for a decent track Ill definately try to throw it on soon if it fits in with what I am playing at the time.
Peteman187 12:12 AM - 28 April, 2010
"I'll try to work that in for you" Goto line all the time, whether I don't have the song at all, or it's coming on next.
Brad Thrashin 6:12 AM - 28 April, 2010
It'd have been funny as shit if after all that he just kicked it off with a reggae song.
Brad Thrashin 6:13 AM - 28 April, 2010
I mean it'd have been cool not f.a.s.
TreyPeezyDot 10:17 PM - 28 April, 2010
People say PEEZY can you play "Blah Blah Blah," I then hit them with HOW MUCH MONEY YOU GOT! Get's them everytime!
Mr. Cheese 71nyc 1:59 AM - 29 April, 2010
Should put a TIP cup in front of my coffin with the word TIPS in fluorescence orange across it!
TreyPeezyDot 3:39 PM - 29 April, 2010
Instead of TIPS write REQUESTS!
feniks 12:56 AM - 30 April, 2010
here's a tip....don't do that.
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:56 AM - 30 April, 2010
Quote:
here's a tip....don't do that.

love that movie!!!!
ancientyouth 4:08 AM - 30 April, 2010
He's cool and all but he murdered the vibe......
DJ Ritmo 12:21 PM - 30 April, 2010
shit i have a tip cup at my DJ booth and have had it for as long as I have been at my club. People will tip if you play there track. I play the track I get a tip and the patron is happy and comes back again. I can do pretty decent on tips depending on how many requests I take.
DJ Alkemy 12:51 PM - 30 April, 2010
Quote:
shit i have a tip cup at my DJ booth and have had it for as long as I have been at my club. People will tip if you play there track. I play the track I get a tip and the patron is happy and comes back again. I can do pretty decent on tips depending on how many requests I take.

There you go...thats how to handle the situation...you ask for a decent track and I play it, spin a buck or two to my tip jar and everyone is happy.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:00 PM - 30 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

There you go...thats how to handle the situation...you ask for a decent track and I play it, spin a buck or two to my tip jar and everyone is happy.

lol i wish i coulda seen dj am do a set with a tip jar for requests, kid capris prob BANKING off that show id be pissed if i was an owner paying him that much and hes up there groveling for dollars
DJ Alkemy 2:13 PM - 30 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol i wish i coulda seen dj am do a set with a tip jar for requests, kid capris prob BANKING off that show id be pissed if i was an owner paying him that much and hes up there groveling for dollars

Of course that dont apply to DJ's getting major wedge for a show...I was talking about the rest of us broke-ass DJ's lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:15 PM - 30 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Of course that dont apply to DJ's getting major wedge for a show...I was talking about the rest of us broke-ass DJ's lol

lol i was just picturing it for kid capri in the current situation, capri how much did you make tonight, i made $10,000 for the show and $14.87 in tips :)
TreyPeezyDot 4:01 PM - 30 April, 2010
LOL only $14 bucks I made about $120 one night off tips and it was cuz this NY cat from Harlem was in the club visiting San Diego and he was play Jim Jones this play Pop Champagne that. He was putting 20's in my hand every time.

Also I was going to book kid and I got the Family rate cuz I know a chick he used to date out here and he was gonna hit me for $3000.
DJ Alkemy 4:14 PM - 30 April, 2010
Quote:
LOL only $14 bucks I made about $120 one night off tips and it was cuz this NY cat from Harlem was in the club visiting San Diego and he was play Jim Jones this play Pop Champagne that. He was putting 20's in my hand every time.

Also I was going to book kid and I got the Family rate cuz I know a chick he used to date out here and he was gonna hit me for $3000.

Id wanna lot lot more to have to subject my ears to pop champagne and jim jones lol
DouggyFresh 8:51 PM - 30 April, 2010
I've seen one guy a few years back who took a stack of 1's (100 if I recall) and made in rain the DJ booth from a song request... was pretty funny. I wasn't the DJ, it was a friend of mine. Friends of mine regularly get $20+ tips in upscale clubs & lounges for requests... Best single tip I ever got was $50 at a teen birthday party (7-10pm before the regular club opened) for taking requests, of course that was from the girl's father...