DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Played Live with 2.0 RC1 all night

dj pesh 5:50 AM - 13 March, 2010
10.00pm -5.00am
Serato Scratch Live Release Candidate 1 (20042)
Mix Emergency
DJM800 Mixer (Connect through midi)
Korg Nano Pad (Midi)

Played All Night playing videos and there were no usb drop outs, no glitches and no issues with Scratch Live.

Computer Specs:
Macbook Pro Unibody
2.66ghz
4gb ram
320gb hard disk

I Love the fact that you can hide the waveforms and view files in album art, i also love how solid rc1 is. Keep up the good work serato team.
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:15 AM - 13 March, 2010
no one cares that you used it live
dj pesh 3:27 PM - 13 March, 2010
Wel why make the effort to reply. It was meant to be written on the public beta post but you cannot write normal discussions on there so this post is for the people who want to try 2.0 rc1 live but want to know any feedback on it. So if u don't care don't post a reply.
Logisticalstyles 4:52 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:

I care. It's good to know that 2.0 is getting closer to completion. I want to make the change, but I'm not too keen on using betas at paying gigs.
DJ'Que 5:01 PM - 13 March, 2010
I used it live and it crashed on me maybe my fault. But it still has some bugs. Imma use it tonight.
Z0nkers 5:15 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:

this is EXACTLY why i've completely given up on these forums, it's a bloody joke around here. it's actualy discouraged me enough that i'm doing more research into other software's...for other reasons...but this type of mentality around here was the deal breaker for me.

...not too derail the thread..but im glad you posted this because i stopped using 2.0 after the second release canidate, i had some serious issues with it and wnt back to the first canidate which seemed to function better on my system.

with the good news, i'll d/l the newest and give it a go

thanks for sharing
DJ'Que 5:37 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

this is EXACTLY why i've completely given up on these forums, it's a bloody joke around here. it's actualy discouraged me enough that i'm doing more research into other software's...for other reasons...but this type of mentality around here was the deal breaker for me.

...not too derail the thread..but im glad you posted this because i stopped using 2.0 after the second release canidate, i had some serious issues with it and wnt back to the first canidate which seemed to function better on my system.

thanks for sharing
hey their's only one RC 1 not 2 yet . but yeah your right Dj's On This site are Haterz. in a big way some have that ego that their the best. or your stupid for doing that. this post right here is plain example. I Used 2.0 Beta Public Also for a few gigs and it never crashed on me. but it was also my fault. for it.
Z0nkers 5:45 PM - 13 March, 2010
kk..whateve you call it, there is 3 or 4 download links now. the first one they put up worked well for me, the second has serious issues and was changing all the bpm's to 700+ so i stoppe using 2.anything
the_black_one 7:45 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

hey bro.... dont take it so serious!

and if this kats have that much influence on what you do then go ahead and kill your self now!

thanks for sharing
the_black_one 7:45 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

thanks for sharing

hey bro.... dont take it so serious!

and if this kats have that much influence on what you do then go ahead and kill your self now!
RogerRabbit 8:03 PM - 13 March, 2010
It's good they're on rc1 - I am just waiting for the x1's to be available in stores so I can use 2.0 to its full potential.
sixxx 8:12 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:

Stop being a sissy and don't take everything too seriously. If it really is a bloddy joke around here, buy a tampon, stick it up the bloody joke and don't use the forum. You say you've given up completely but you're still posting. I guess there's a new definition of completely in the dictionary that I don't know about.

People have and will always have something to say on a PUBLIC FORUM. If you don't like it, don't reply. But, crying about it is probably just as annoying as complaining about it.

------

Now back to the thread at hand. No issues for me using 2.0 with VSL on a 2.0 Macbook which barely meets the requirements. 2.0 (besides the minor bugs) has been very stable as far as [b]not crashing[/b which is priority number 1 = reliability.
Z0nkers 9:23 PM - 13 March, 2010
lol....you're absolutely right sixxx.

cheers. no point in even socially reading here anymore with flatulence like that. its one reason why the top players i know of don't even bother & the odd time you do get someone who's done well take a peek for a bit... even anonymously ... they just see comsumers & sheep.

people bitch and complain about the stupidest things here...let me tell you the reason why they aren't where they want to be insn't because of their technical skills....it's because their attitude.

it's not about not being able to take a joke...it's about respecting other people

peace out
the_black_one 10:54 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
lol....you're absolutely right sixxx.

cheers. no point in even socially reading here anymore with flatulence like that. its one reason why the top players i know of don't even bother & the odd time you do get someone who's done well take a peek for a bit... even anonymously ... they just see comsumers & sheep.

people bitch and complain about the stupidest things here...let me tell you the reason why they aren't where they want to be insn't because of their technical skills....it's because their attitude.

it's not about not being able to take a joke...it's about respecting other people

peace out

don't let the door hit you on the way out!
DJ Prinvale` 11:01 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:

this is false and completely uncalled for. I'm sure a lot of club DJ's like knowing this, and I'm willing to bet the Serato Dev's care as well.

pesh, I've been using 2.0 for a while now and agree, the RC1 is pretty damn solid. I think the final release is going to be one of the best versions of SSL to date.
sixxx 11:06 PM - 13 March, 2010
I agree Prinvale.
the_black_one 11:11 PM - 13 March, 2010
whats up with folks acting very sensitive and then blaming it on SSL????

[sensitive remark removed]
Maskrider 2:30 AM - 14 March, 2010
They just take this forum to serious.......lol