DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

v20 in long beach

DiGiTALRiCE 5:07 PM - 12 March, 2010
I went to V20 last night and the DJ sucked balls. The DJs last week was better. I think that was the night keak da sneak was there. The first DJ last week was ok, not great coz he played too many old songs. The second DJ was good, I think he was mixing video too. I wonder if they are on this board. I want the video guy to come back to v20 next week . If ur on this board I give you props.
StevenWayne 5:16 PM - 12 March, 2010
was the video dj a little white dude that likes to drink beer??
DiGiTALRiCE 5:17 PM - 12 March, 2010
he was white and was bald. The first DJ didnt even use headphones.
StevenWayne 5:19 PM - 12 March, 2010
was the mens restrooms out of order that night? if so, i think i knew who these djs are.
DiGiTALRiCE 5:20 PM - 12 March, 2010
the first DJ looked Filipino iono if he is
DiGiTALRiCE 5:24 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
was the mens restrooms out of order that night? if so, i think i knew who these djs are.

what do you mean by that?
DjWoody 5:32 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
I went to V20 last night and the DJ sucked balls. The DJs last week was better. I think that was the night keak da sneak was there. The first DJ last week was ok, not great coz he played too many old songs. The second DJ was good, I think he was mixing video too. I wonder if they are on this board. I want the video guy to come back to v20 next week . If ur on this board I give you props.

The video DJ is on this board. If I'm not mistaken, it's STEVE DUB.
DiGiTALRiCE 5:36 PM - 12 March, 2010
yea that guy is sick! I wanna give him props. Who was the other DJ, how the hell does he mix without headphones?
Nicky Blunt 5:43 PM - 12 March, 2010
hahahaha he does not, not have headphones in! He uses what are called in ear monitors. They are quite expensive tho!
StevenWayne 5:44 PM - 12 March, 2010
i believe he's using these :
www.ultimateears.com
DiGiTALRiCE 5:48 PM - 12 March, 2010
fuck 900 bucks for earbuds?
Steve Dub. 5:53 PM - 12 March, 2010
lmao!!!

Yeah that was me and Tehben, actually he had in-ear headphones so it looks like he's a wavey.
Steve Dub. 5:55 PM - 12 March, 2010
Oh and thanks on the props!!! I'll be in the side room next Thursday and the very last Thursday in April in the main room (not sure who the big performer is yet)

Bandoma & A-Swift also spin there, check them out too!
Steve Dub. 5:57 PM - 12 March, 2010
Oh and since Ben isn't posting I'll just say that he was playing older stuff because he was opening. Like a good opening DJ does.
DiGiTALRiCE 5:59 PM - 12 March, 2010
haha whats a wavey? who is the ben? he shouldn't be rocking clubs with ear buds and playing shit older than me. My girl cant get down to anything from the 90s so if he's playing old music i cant get my freak on but steve dub you fucking rock man.

who is bandoma and a-swift? are they good? im definitly going to check you out again, but if you bring the ben, tell him to rock some headphones and play some new shit like new boys. I can get down to old shit but only if im break dancing.
DiGiTALRiCE 6:02 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
Oh and since Ben isn't posting I'll just say that he was playing older stuff because he was opening. Like a good opening DJ does.

I thought a DJ plays what the crowd wants? I just started DJing so forgive me for the n00b status.
bandoma 6:07 PM - 12 March, 2010
last night was electro night. they had felix cartal who is actually a pretty good producer that reps dim mak.

if you don't dig that music, of course you're not going to like the dj.

anyways im there on 3/25 with dorrough. ill make sure to play a bunch of jerk / do the dougie music for all you 18 year olds.

and since you're a noob...refer to this:

www.theburningbible.com
Steve Dub. 6:08 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I thought a DJ plays what the crowd wants? I just started DJing so forgive me for the n00b status.

That's true but when your opening for someone it's an unwritten rule that you don't "burn" them by playing all the new shit.

Bandoma & A-Swift are also on this board. Bandoma is an ill scratch DJ and Swift is a video genius. You def wanna check them out too.

Oh and Ben's earbuds probably cost more than your whole set-up, those things are top of the line right there.
DiGiTALRiCE 6:11 PM - 12 March, 2010
yea you're right, i only paid my cousin 500 bucks for his 1200s and 05pro im borrowing his sl1 since he has a 57. But why on earth would a pair of ear buds cost 900 bucks? Are they really that good ?
djaction 6:16 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
My girl cant get down to anything from the 90s

Care Meter [|||..................................................................
.]

Quote:
play some new shit like new boys.

angrybull.net
djaction 6:16 PM - 12 March, 2010
godamn the care meter to hell

[||..........................]
DJ Prinvale` 6:17 PM - 12 March, 2010
I'm callin an AE check on DiGiTALRiCE.

I wonder who's IP that will match...
djaction 6:17 PM - 12 March, 2010
ben is one of the west coast's toughest gangbangers.. i'd be careful about what you say about him
Steve Dub. 6:19 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
yea you're right, i only paid my cousin 500 bucks for his 1200s and 05pro im borrowing his sl1 since he has a 57. But why on earth would a pair of ear buds cost 900 bucks? Are they really that good ?

Yes they are, they're molded to your ear. I'll try to get a link to them right now.
Steve Dub. 6:22 PM - 12 March, 2010
Oh duh, didn't realize Steven already posted a link.
djaction 6:24 PM - 12 March, 2010
mark ass buster
djmallon 6:24 PM - 12 March, 2010
+1 on ultimate ears...they are totally worth it. save your hearing while getting amazing sound out of those little things.
StevenWayne 6:28 PM - 12 March, 2010
yeah, opening dj's need to keep it simple. aint nobody trying to throw their hands up within the first 1-2hrs that the club is open.
ben is dope and could bring heat when needed, and he has dope earbuds.

whaddup mallon eh? how are your ultimate ears??
DJ Super Mario 6:35 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
haha whats a wavey? who is the ben? he shouldn't be rocking clubs with ear buds and playing shit older than me. My girl cant get down to anything from the 90s so if he's playing old music i cant get my freak on but steve dub you fucking rock man.

who is bandoma and a-swift? are they good? im definitly going to check you out again, but if you bring the ben, tell him to rock some headphones and play some new shit like new boys. I can get down to old shit but only if im break dancing.

This is what's sad about some of today's club crowd. There is NOTHING wrong with mixing in 90's hip hop and in fact I can name so many songs from the 90's that are WAY better in my opinion than any New Boys. If you or your girl can't "get down to old shit" there's a problem since much of today's "new shit" is all resampled "old shit"...

I'm not one to usually flame and that isn't my intention here, it's just sad when I see statements like that and see it first hand at some of the clubs I play at. The state of quality of music right now is garbage... I wish it went back to how it was in the 90's...
Dj-Bedtime 6:37 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:

See??? This is the Noob attitude that I try to tell all my non-dj friends about.

Sorry brotha...but when I was new-- I knew enough not to have anything bad to say for any other dj who was atleast playing a popular club while I was still mixing in my bedroom.

Com'on son!
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:42 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
My girl cant get down to anything from the 90s so if he's playing old music i cant get my freak

you need to step your game up on your choice of women, seriosuly musics music, if she cant "get down" to something just because of the year it came out then shes got a defect and need to be traded in
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:44 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
But why on earth would a pair of ear buds cost 900 bucks? Are they really that good ?

when you good enough to afford that kinda equipment all kinda doors start openin up
djmallon 6:47 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
whaddup mallon eh? how are your ultimate ears??

eh! the ears are great! I sent the right one back two weeks ago cause the fit was slightly off. They made the adjustments and then overnighted it back to me from cali to tdot! Now that's service. Sound quality is insane.
DiGiTALRiCE 6:51 PM - 12 March, 2010
were only 18 so forgive us if we dont like 90s music at the club. Im still learning how to dj. my cousin told me to sign up for this site last night so i can learn more from other djs. I think i offended some of you and i apologize.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:52 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
were only 18 .

ohhhhhh ok that explains why you know everything
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:03 PM - 12 March, 2010
Rice we usally dont do this unless someones suspect BUT can you please answer a few questions so we can evaluate your expertise and maximise your SL experience

1) rank the following tracks in order of quality and importance

lil wayne a-milli, soulja boy crank that, notorious big juicy, ghostface killah chez-chez-la-ghost, usher yeah, 50 cent in the club, jay z dead presidents, outkast atleans, new boyz your a jerk, flo-rida boots with the fur

2) Greatest hip hop artist of all time

3) If a song is being played on the radio 35 to 45 times a day, and 4 times an hour and your set gors from 12am to 3 am how many times should you play that song

4) If DJ A is palying a popular club that you think you want to play what course of action do you pursue

A) Go talk to the DJ and try to get him to put you on
B) Hang out at the bar and point out how much better you are to anyone whithin earshot
C) Talk to the owner and tell him you will DJ for alot cheaper
D) Do free gigs to show your hungry
E) Give a tape to the owner and ask for an off night to prove yourself

5) If there was a button that would allow you to perform better as a DJ without practicing would you be for that button, also would you still practice the basics even though that button would do it for you

Please think carefully about your answers as they will relfect your placemnt. Also please be sure to use a #2 pencil
CMOS 7:04 PM - 12 March, 2010
Lol bezzle handing out ScanTron sheets.
CMOS 7:04 PM - 12 March, 2010
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:08 PM - 12 March, 2010
BONUS QUESTION

A DJ setup is to______ as Telephone is to ATM Machine

A) piano
B) Microwave
C) Telephone
D) screwdriver
DiGiTALRiCE 7:11 PM - 12 March, 2010
lol M.Bezzle is making me take an assessment test

Quote:
Rice we usally dont do this unless someones suspect BUT can you please answer a few questions so we can evaluate your expertise and maximise your SL experience

1 ghostface killah chez-chez-la-ghost
2 notorious big juicy
3 outkast atleans
4 jay z dead presidents
5 lil wayne a-milli
6 soulja boy crank that
7 usher yeah
8 50 cent in the club
9 new boyz your a jerk
10 flo-rida boots with the fur

Quote:

2pac

Quote:

3) If a song is being played on the radio 35 to 45 times a day, and 4 times an hour and your set gors from 12am to 3 am how many times should you play that song

i dont know

Quote:

4) If DJ A is palying a popular club that you think you want to play what course of action do you pursue

B) Hang out at the bar and point out how much better you are to anyone whithin earshot

I dont know i just started clubbing in january

Quote:

5) If there was a button that would allow you to perform better as a DJ without practicing would you be for that button, also would you still practice the basics even though that button would do it for you

Please think carefully about your answers as they will relfect your placemnt. Also please be sure to use a #2 pencil

My cousins made me start with vinyl, i just started using serato

Quote:
BONUS QUESTION

A) piano
B) Microwave
C) Telephone
D) screwdriver

LOL, I play the piano im going to say that since DJing is hard to learn just like learning the piano was for me.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:17 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:

Quote:

2 notorious big juicy
3 outkast atleans
4 jay z dead presidents
5 lil wayne a-milli
6 soulja boy crank that
7 usher yeah
8 50 cent in the club
9 new boyz your a jerk

+5

Quote:

Quote:
2pac

+5

Quote:

Quote:

My cousins made me start with vinyl, i just started using serato

+5

Quote:

Quote:
BONUS QUESTION

A) piano
B) Microwave
C) Telephone
D) screwdriver

LOL, I play the piano im going to say that since DJing is hard to learn just like learning the piano was for me

+5

Quote:

Quote:
i dont know

Quote:

Quote:

I dont know i just started clubbing in january

woulda been nice of you to guess at these but not acting like you know everything agets you some points...half credit each

so 25 out of a possible 30b 83%

not bad
djpuma_gemini 7:20 PM - 12 March, 2010
don't feed theh trolls
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:21 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
don't feed theh trolls

its ok i was gona throw thay sandwich out anyway lol
djaction 7:32 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
were only 18 so forgive us if we dont like 90s music at the club. Im still learning how to dj. my cousin told me to sign up for this site last night so i can learn more from other djs. I think i offended some of you and i apologize.

who is your cousin?
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:37 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

who is your cousin?

OHHHHHH I SEE WHERE THIS IS GOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nicky Blunt 7:47 PM - 12 March, 2010
I dont, I'm lost.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:51 PM - 12 March, 2010
hes someones cousin....in LA....whos cousin told him YESTERDAY to sign up, and one of his first acts as a board member is to call out stevedubb and hteben
Dj_Dropz_ 7:52 PM - 12 March, 2010
damn guys give the kid a break!! but seriously who is your cousin?? lol
Nicky Blunt 7:53 PM - 12 March, 2010
ahhhh gotcha!!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:54 PM - 12 March, 2010
new game

is your cousin bigger than a breadbox
is he a vowel
any known color assoiations
does your cousin know how to spell phenetically
does your cousin have a broke keyboard
did he dj for several naw lame rappers early in his carrer
Dj_Dropz_ 7:56 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
new game

is he a vowel

^^^^^
lmfao!! damn bezzle wat a welcome rice is getting from us huh... lol haha
Dj_Dropz_ 8:13 PM - 12 March, 2010
DiGiTALRiCE;
for the most part the ppl over here at the forums are cool and dope ppl you can talk and joke around with. but just because that might be the case u cant go all tony montana on here and blow the doors and start saying things like that... so because u did that now you did an assessment test and there going all csi law and order on you... so just take the heat DiGiTALRiCE!! consider it ''tough love''
DiGiTALRiCE 9:49 PM - 12 March, 2010
haha yea Im used to it.. honda tech is worst. But I did try to apologize can we start over? steve dub and the ben you are cool djs
DJ Super Mario 10:24 PM - 12 March, 2010
Rice, Glad to see you are making an effort and not getting completely butt-hurt over comments, including mine. That is definitely the right attitude to have and will take you far in this game. Part of being a good DJ is having an open mind. Open minds are creative minds... and that along with desire, perseverance, patience, a hard work ethic, and humility will definitely take you to the next level! Remember to try and never cut corners or take the easy way out and it will definitely pay off... Best of luck and welcome to the ART FORM!!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:25 PM - 12 March, 2010
Quote:
Rice, Glad to see you are making an effort and not getting completely butt-hurt over comments, including mine. That is definitely the right attitude to have and will take you far in this game. Part of being a good DJ is having an open mind. Open minds are creative minds... and that along with desire, perseverance, patience, a hard work ethic, and humility will definitely take you to the next level! Remember to try and never cut corners or take the easy way out and it will definitely pay off... Best of luck and welcome to the ART FORM!!!

+1
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:27 PM - 12 March, 2010
stil think something fishys going on and ima get to the bottom of it

nobody makes this statment

Quote:

My girl cant get down to anything from the 90s so if he's playing old music i cant get my freak
were only 18 so forgive us if we dont like 90s music

and then answers this question with these answers

Quote:

Quote:

2 notorious big juicy
3 outkast atleans
4 jay z dead presidents
5 lil wayne a-milli
6 soulja boy crank that
7 usher yeah
8 50 cent in the club
9 new boyz your a jerk

detective bezzles on the case!!!!!!
djpuma_gemini 12:26 AM - 13 March, 2010
get em
Dj_Dropz_ 12:37 AM - 13 March, 2010
bezzles theme song for the case!! lol

Watchwww.youtube.com
bill-e 12:57 AM - 13 March, 2010
lol

actually it goes
1. juicy
2. dead presidents
3. atliens
4. ghostface
DJ'Que 1:38 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
last night was electro night. they had felix cartal who is actually a pretty good producer that reps dim mak.

if you don't dig that music, of course you're not going to like the dj.

anyways im there on 3/25 with dorrough. ill make sure to play a bunch of jerk / do the dougie music for all you 18 year olds.

and since you're a noob...refer to this:

www.theburningbible.com
yeah me and a few of my homies will be at v20 that day also.checking out dorrough. should be a cool night. but thats go be straight hood that night watch. dorrough go bring that crowd.
DJ'Que 1:43 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
stil think something fishys going on and ima get to the bottom of it

nobody makes this statment

Quote:

were only 18 so forgive us if we dont like 90s music

and then answers this question with these answers

Quote:

Quote:

2 notorious big juicy
3 outkast atleans
4 jay z dead presidents
5 lil wayne a-milli
6 soulja boy crank that
7 usher yeah
8 50 cent in the club
9 new boyz your a jerk
for what type of crowd i would say. 18 & over hiphop

detective bezzles on the case!!!!!!
DJ Michael Basic 1:49 AM - 13 March, 2010
If you're planning on being a DJ, there are things you should think about.

You're 18 and you're at a club...do you think everyone at the club is 18? Think about your position amongst everyone else...you're in the minority. You can't get down to 90s music because you're just a kid, but do you honestly think that since YOU can't, everyone in the club can't? I'm not pointing this out to be a dick...but if you want to be a DJ, it's something you have to learn.

As an 18 year old, if you only played the shitty music people of your generation like, you won't be booking any club gigs for a LONG time...unless you move to atlanta or something.
DJ'Que 1:58 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
new game

is he a vowel
not my cuzzin bezzle. & I just found something out on this thread and it funny but I wont go their. I wont even throw a hint out. just someone is a lier on here. v20 is in lb huh. but imma chill so I dont get ban. again
DJ'Que 2:06 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:

You're 18 and you're at a club...do you think everyone at the club is 18? Think about your position amongst everyone else...you're in the minority. You can't get down to 90s music because you're just a kid, but do you honestly think that since YOU can't, everyone in the club can't? I'm not pointing this out to be a dick...but if you want to be a DJ, it's something you have to learn.

As an 18 year old, if you only played the shitty music people of your generation like, you won't be booking any club gigs for a LONG time...unless you move to atlanta or something.
hey what if the crowd that night was his age and he was playing 90's music . but A Good DJ Should be able to read the crowd. even if your the opening dj it shouldnt matter what he play's.You shouldnt have to play warm up music if the headliner is good. it shouldnt matter how he does his set, the headliner should beable to keep them on the floor. thats his job DJ. I dont open for alot of dj's cuz its hard for the headliner to follow.and im not braggin
DJ Michael Basic 2:50 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

hey what if the crowd that night was his age and he was playing 90's music . but A Good DJ Should be able to read the crowd. even if your the opening dj it shouldnt matter what he play's.You shouldnt have to play warm up music if the headliner is good. it shouldnt matter how he does his set, the headliner should beable to keep them on the floor. thats his job DJ. I dont open for alot of dj's cuz its hard for the headliner to follow.and im not braggin

You're right, you're not bragging. You're calling yourself out. The opener's job is to open...thus, the name, Opener. Your job is not to make it hard for the headliner to follow...your job is to warm up the crowd. As the opener, you should be playing what you'd play during that timeslot if you were playing all night.

If you think it makes you a good DJ to go out at 10:30 and play sexy bitch...you're only fooling yourself.

The crowd that night was not 18, so your what if point is moot. If the kid in question was playing a night where most of the crowd was 18, he could get away with playing unmastered poorly produced jerk music all night, but that's not v20 in long beach.
DiGiTALRiCE 2:59 AM - 13 March, 2010
There are not many 18 up clubs around Irvine so we go to long beach because Hollywood is too far. But we have gone to Ecco and Level 3 there. We tried downtown fullerton and its decent too. The DJs play all kinds of hype stuff when we go to both those places. Thats why Im confused why the opening DJ at v20 was playing old stuff. Help me understand. I do see a difference between Hollywood, Fullerton and Long Beach with the styles of music they play. Ecco was playing a bunch of house one time we went and Level 3 had a lot of rock and stuff.
DJ Michael Basic 3:08 AM - 13 March, 2010
All depends on what time you're there, and what time the club opens. In hollywood, clubs don't even start to get busy 'til around 11:30, so before that, if your'e hearing hype shit, you gotta wonder why.

If the club opens at 10:00, your job from 10 to 11 is not so much to make people dance...your job is to have peoples heads bobbing and toes tapping, while they buy drinks, mingle, and the club starts to fill up.

Human nature is such that, as a DJ, you'll be much more successful if you learn to build to a peak steadily throughout the night, instead of just trying to hit people in the face starting as soon as the doors open. Part of being a good DJ is understanding how to take people on a journey...think of it like a roller coaster...

Are the most fun roller coasters in the theme park the ones where you go up really high and then they drop you and that's it? Or are they the ones where there's a long slow climb where you build up anticipation, and then you get dropped into a track with loops, turns, drops, curves, etc?

There's a science to DJing and it doesn't involve playing hype heaters all night from start to finish.
StevenWayne 3:21 AM - 13 March, 2010
damm, that last post was good stuff basic. i need to copy that and paste it to some of the djs i work with at the gigs. i'm tired of opening djs trying to hit a homerun within the first hour the doors open
DJ'Que 3:26 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
damm, that last post was good stuff basic. i need to copy that and paste it to some of the djs i work with at the gigs. i'm tired of opening djs trying to hit a homerun within the first hour the doors open
but thats what gets me. its always been like that. if you've been djing as long as I have we know the opener will want to shine. so you be ready and play shit he dont know is hot yet. but these days top 40 kills the club. dj's are scared to go beyond that.
DJ'Que 3:27 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
There are not many 18 up clubs around Irvine so we go to long beach because Hollywood is too far. But we have gone to Ecco and Level 3 there. We tried downtown fullerton and its decent too. The DJs play all kinds of hype stuff when we go to both those places. Thats why Im confused why the opening DJ at v20 was playing old stuff. Help me understand. I do see a difference between Hollywood, Fullerton and Long Beach with the styles of music they play. Ecco was playing a bunch of house one time we went and Level 3 had a lot of rock and stuff.
so the crowed was 18 and up.
Dj_Dropz_ 3:30 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
All depends on what time you're there, and what time the club opens. In hollywood, clubs don't even start to get busy 'til around 11:30, so before that, if your'e hearing hype shit, you gotta wonder why.

If the club opens at 10:00, your job from 10 to 11 is not so much to make people dance...your job is to have peoples heads bobbing and toes tapping, while they buy drinks, mingle, and the club starts to fill up.

Human nature is such that, as a DJ, you'll be much more successful if you learn to build to a peak steadily throughout the night, instead of just trying to hit people in the face starting as soon as the doors open. Part of being a good DJ is understanding how to take people on a journey...think of it like a roller coaster...

Are the most fun roller coasters in the theme park the ones where you go up really high and then they drop you and that's it? Or are they the ones where there's a long slow climb where you build up anticipation, and then you get dropped into a track with loops, turns, drops, curves, etc?

There's a science to DJing and it doesn't involve playing hype heaters all night from start to finish.

^^^^ damn MB... couldnt agree more!! but DiGiTALRiCE on the forum audio1 posted a nice mix from his opening set... should give you a clear and better idea of wat MB is telling you about... ill post the link so you can have a listen...
StevenWayne 3:34 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
but thats what gets me. its always been like that. if you've been djing as long as I have we know the opener will want to shine. so you be ready and play shit he dont know is hot yet. but these days top 40 kills the club. dj's are scared to go beyond that.

yes, the opener needs to shine, but needs to show respect too. if he dont know how to balance the two, then he needs to learn
Dj_Dropz_ 3:35 AM - 13 March, 2010
here you go bro... give it a listen so you can have a better understanding of how it the opening dj does his thing!!
scratchlive.net
DJ'Que 3:37 AM - 13 March, 2010
ok what if you aand the opener dont know each other. I be at club where they play top 40 like 3 time a night. I hear other dj's talk about how wack that dj is. I let the crowd choose. but the promoter is go go with the cheapest.
DJ Michael Basic 3:42 AM - 13 March, 2010
A good opener can kill it and not burn heaters...killing it doesn't necessarily mean impressing an 18 year old kid either.
StevenWayne 3:46 AM - 13 March, 2010
a good opening dj can play a set without a single top40 club banger and still impress fellow djs and the crowd, trust me
Dj_Dropz_ 3:47 AM - 13 March, 2010
^^^ true but in a way the opening dj is not supposed to kill it so to speak... hes supposed to help the bar with revenue, set the mood, get the crowd hyped up.... in other words "do the dirty work" so when the next acts comes everyone is ready for those club bangers right? and did i get this wrong somewere along the way?
StevenWayne 3:51 AM - 13 March, 2010
you're right dropz, the opener is suppose to set the mood.....but there's nothing wrong with setting the mood with some impressive mixing and skills. i'm not saying you're suppose to bring heat in the first few hours, but you can definately bring energy into the place, whether it be on the mic, on the cut, or with track selection.
DJ'Que 3:52 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
a good opening dj can play a set without a single top40 club banger and still impress fellow djs and the crowd, trust me
have you heard of a dj name slim. im was suppose to dj with him at this new club called epic but I heard he pulled out cuz I was the headliner. hell I dont care he can headline if he wants.I heard him and link suppose to be the djs in riverside and i.e.
DJ'Que 3:53 AM - 13 March, 2010
@ Steven Wayne you djed for pk23 last year right.
DJ Michael Basic 3:53 AM - 13 March, 2010
Never heard of either of you.
StevenWayne 3:55 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
@ Steven Wayne you djed for pk23 last year right.

whats a pk23? i dj in my bedroom, that's about it
StevenWayne 3:56 AM - 13 March, 2010
and trust me, i got the residency in my bedroom locked down
Dj_Dropz_ 4:01 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
you're right dropz, the opener is suppose to set the mood.....but there's nothing wrong with setting the mood with some impressive mixing and skills. i'm not saying you're suppose to bring heat in the first few hours, but you can definately bring energy into the place, whether it be on the mic, on the cut, or with track selection.

IMO i think the opening dj has the most responsibilities outta all of the djs at a club... u have to know your role as opener, provide a set pace for the next dj, not play heaters too early, and make sure the dancefloor is set for the next act... but they still dont get enough credit for wat they do...
eder 4:07 AM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
and trust me, i got the residency in my bedroom locked down

be careful, DJ Flipstyles aka Michael Donckels might try to snake it.

WOTCH!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:51 AM - 13 March, 2010
Good info in this thread. But tripping that Que has been spinning that long and doesn't realize what makes a good opener.

Did we ever figure out who's Rice's cousin?
DJ DennisJ 9:16 AM - 13 March, 2010
"Flo Rida - boots with the fur"? Come on, son! Were you just using that for the title for the sake of what an 18 yr old would know it as? That's like saying "50 Cent - The Birthday Song".
DeezNotes 1:40 PM - 13 March, 2010
In a way, DJ Que is making me think of another perspective (which was sorta brought up earlier). If I'm friends with Steve Dub and he's the headliner and I'm opening, I'll do my best to keep people there chillin and drinking while NOT killing it, which will in turn make Steve Dub look like the headliner he's supposed to. Yeah, I may not get much props, but it's Steve's night to shine. I wouldn't mind not killin it so Steve can.

On the other hand, if I don't like DJ Que (not sayin I don't, cause I don't know him... just supporting his argument with this example), Que is the headliner and I'm opening for him... if for what ever reason I'm not cool with the headliner like I was with Dub, then yeah... I'll kill it just to make him look bad just because I don't like him. That's not cool DJ-ethics wise, but it is a case for "killing it" as an opener.

So as a DJ, you can decide whether you want to be that dude that'll look out for you in this respect.... or one that gets the reputation for "killing it" under any circumstance - even as an opener. Your choice.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:09 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
"Flo Rida - boots with the fur"? Come on, son! Were you just using that for the title for the sake of what an 18 yr old would know it as? That's like saying "50 Cent - The Birthday Song".

it was part of the test, but he ranked it low enough so that not knowing the name didnt count against him, i figured hed rank it top3 and i was gonna call him out for not knowing the name of one of his top 3 picks
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:10 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
In a way, DJ Que is making me think of another perspective (which was sorta brought up earlier). If I'm friends with Steve Dub and he's the headliner and I'm opening, I'll do my best to keep people there chillin and drinking while NOT killing it, which will in turn make Steve Dub look like the headliner he's supposed to. Yeah, I may not get much props, but it's Steve's night to shine. I wouldn't mind not killin it so Steve can.

On the other hand, if I don't like DJ Que (not sayin I don't, cause I don't know him... just supporting his argument with this example), Que is the headliner and I'm opening for him... if for what ever reason I'm not cool with the headliner like I was with Dub, then yeah... I'll kill it just to make him look bad just because I don't like him. That's not cool DJ-ethics wise, but it is a case for "killing it" as an opener.

So as a DJ, you can decide whether you want to be that dude that'll look out for you in this respect.... or one that gets the reputation for "killing it" under any circumstance - even as an opener. Your choice.

killin the opening set and going all out for it to make the other dj look bad is like throwing the ball at a batter you dont like in MLB, an unwritten accepted practice
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:11 PM - 13 March, 2010
i think i may have a bright future ar a professional opener seeing how i couldnt kill it if it tried
DJ'Que 5:55 PM - 13 March, 2010
but I wanna know who his cousin is. This post seems like someone told him to come on here and post about them djing their.maybe like one of them put him up to it. Its funny how he say the first dj was wack but the vj wasn't. And I thought Tehban Lived In Hawaii as I seen his Post Account Said he stayed in lb. Then he change it to hawaii. But he was at V20 last week in lb. This post seems suspect someone is lying and he just signup yesterday.
Dj_Dropz_ 6:02 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:

^^^^^^
im sorry bro but this is being a some little girl shit right there. play your position as opener and dont complain. your lucky you even gotta set so why ruin it for the next act? so what if you dont like/disagree/hate/ its not about you two its about the party people and the party itself. plus its just plain ol common sense!! aint nobody trynna hear show me love at 10pm c'mon son!!!
DJ'Que 6:08 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
Good info in this thread. But tripping that Que has been spinning that long and doesn't realize what makes a good opener.

I know what make's a good DJ. It Seems Other's don't. You tell Me If one Of You opened For DJ Am You Wouldn't Try Ur Best To Kill It. What if The Club Is Packed By say 10 pm and your Still Playing possum cuz yoou not The Headliner. That's Bs if The Headline Is Good He Can Rock shit after You Played A Hot Set even if it was new hot shit. Its too much music out here to not rock the shit. I had people open up for me and they played all the top 40 shit but it didn't bother me cuz I want them to make it hard for me expeciall now. He can play all the hot shit and when I get on I will Flip It With The Video of His Set. What makes you a headliner is you knowing how to flip it. You gotta be ready for that opener to try and compete or steal ur show, so you need to be ready.
SuckaDJ 6:22 PM - 13 March, 2010
i LoL'd bezzle... haha

I'm going to say this once and never again....

I understand what the "OGs" are saying up there, don't kill it for the next dude. Sexy bitch shouldn't be played at 10:30...blah blah. People do sometimes come in and think damn he plays some old shit, which isn't bad, but if you're known for playing old shit that night, then DAMN, you must have played a little too many old songs, there I said it.

How I see it, you CAN & should play updated shit as an opener! That's what keeps the people there. AFTERwards, when they're buzzin'/drunk/hammered.. you CAN get away with playing OLD shit. In fact. I think DJ's that throw in OLD shit @ peak hour are the BEST ones. The ones that OWN the crowd and can play anything they want instead of waiting to drop TIK TOK. Then you're just like a radio playing at peak hr. cause they hear it so much (in their cars etc). They WON'T remember you. But I bet they'll remember you if you play that OLD school shit @ peak hr... That make any sense at all?
Dj_Dropz_ 6:22 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I know what make's a good DJ. It Seems Other's don't. You tell Me If one Of You opened For DJ Am You Wouldn't Try Ur Best To Kill It. What if The Club Is Packed By say 10 pm and your Still Playing possum cuz yoou not The Headliner. That's Bs if The Headline Is Good He Can Rock shit after You Played A Hot Set even if it was new hot shit. Its too much music out here to not rock the shit. I had people open up for me and they played all the top 40 shit but it didn't bother me cuz I want them to make it hard for me expeciall now. He can play all the hot shit and when I get on I will Flip It With The Video of His Set. What makes you a headliner is you knowing how to flip it. You gotta be ready for that opener to try and compete or steal ur show, so you need to be ready.

^^^^^
as headliner your SUPPOSED to bring the heat no matter what gets thrown your way. that why your a headliner and you have an opening act. and over here in hollywood clubs dont start getting filled until maybe 11pm so the club opens at 9pm (most here do) and your the opener so from 9-11pm yes u can b playing hot music but dont overwhelm the ppl just showing up to get there sip on, check out the ladies etc etc... like ive said before know your role as opener bottom line!!
DJ'Que 6:26 PM - 13 March, 2010
ok answer me this. I have seen clubs packed out at 10pm and the headliner aint Even at The Club yet but he come's in at 12:30 what do you do ass the opener. Hell I have even and still see clubs packed at 9Pm what do you do. Me I'm rocking that shit hard. If you comeon after me then you better know your shit cuz imma get them on the floor.also what if the people at the club don't drink highschool club and you know their their at 8pm sharp. What do you do. Headliner don't get their till 11 pm so for three hours you go play sucker Dj. No I don't Think so. I see 2 reason's why ur a opener.

The promoter or owner hired you cuz he heard you spin..

or The DJ ( Headliner) know's ur wack but have a following And Let You Open up for him.

Put 2 Good Dj's on the same gig and if the headliner see's you got the floor jumping he's go try to Go On Right Then. A Good headliner will sit back and analize you.and see what ur really about.and either next week you go open again or you wont . Which means he fear's you. And you better then him.
SuckaDJ 6:30 PM - 13 March, 2010
Wait, v20 is 18+?!?!

Damn, they explains everything
SuckaDJ 6:32 PM - 13 March, 2010
I assumed he got in illegally lol. Fail.
Dj_Dropz_ 6:33 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
ok answer me this. I have seen clubs packed out at 10pm and the headliner aint Even at The Club yet but he come's in at 12:30 what do you do ass the opener. Hell I have even and still see clubs packed at 9Pm what do you do. Me I'm rocking that shit hard. If you comeon after me then you better know your shit cuz imma get them on the floor.also what if the people at the club don't drink highschool club and you know their their at 8pm sharp. What do you do. Headliner don't get their till 11 pm so for three hours you go play sucker Dj. No I don't Think so. I see 2 reason's why ur a opener.

The promoter or owner hired you cuz he heard you spin..

or The DJ ( Headliner) know's ur wack but have a following And Let You Open up for him.

Put 2 Good Dj's on the same gig and if the headliner see's you got the floor jumping he's go try to Go On Right Then. A Good headliner will sit back and analize you.and see what ur really about.and either next week you go open again or you wont . Which means he fear's you. And you better then him.

those are some ocassion when ur going from opening to peak hour (headlining) dj. then well its just common sense to play the heaters at that time. and if you play the bangers and the dj after you replays them cause he wasnt there THEN hes making himself look bad by doing that. but these are rare cases so its not like it happenes everysingle day at every single bar/clubs...
DJ'Que 6:34 PM - 13 March, 2010
@dj Dropz in hollywood the black clubs. We don't do hollywood much no more its played out. I played every club in hollywood and its always the same.
Dj_Dropz_ 6:34 PM - 13 March, 2010
thursday nights v20 is 18+ and friday and saturday are 21+
Dj_Dropz_ 6:35 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
@dj Dropz in hollywood the black clubs. We don't do hollywood much no more its played out. I played every club in hollywood and its always the same.

^^^^
lol it was just an example dude.... this example can be used for other cities or town cause ive seen the same at those areas...
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:42 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:

How I see it, you CAN & should play updated shit as an opener! That's what keeps the people there.

nah, if there there to see the headliner there not gonna leave becasue the shit the opening dj was playing was wack, there there TO see the headliner

Way i see it if the opener starts throwin down hard early thats like a noname rapper opening for lil wayne and singin all his songs...que your right there is sooooo much good music outt there so if thats true why play all the main heaters of the night in your opening set, be original and hit em with what they didnt see commin

Ill rephrase that in terms que can understand, if you get into a fight in the street most brawlers are gonna start with the big haymaker right hand knockout attempt so stick them hard as fuck in the nose with a quick jab, stun them so when you throw that haymaker their already stunned lookin for the laft and they never know what hit em
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:43 PM - 13 March, 2010
also the opener shouldnt be putting the crowd to sleep either sometimes its best to whip em into a frenzy just under what the headliners gonnna do, go head and get em crunk
DJ'Que 6:44 PM - 13 March, 2010
some dj's know their music. And can tell a banger b4 It Bang on the radio. I pretty much was the one banging all the fatman scoop, av8, crooklin clan and had a 30 minute workoit at clubs like the Sharks club, dublin's , the cave, Billboard Live, The arena , Red Velvet, etc I would let dj's open up and play all the new shit . But they didn't know about those songs. If your black ask who Dj Que Is who Use to Do Red Velvet In Fullerton or sharks with dj damu or Mr. Quick and see what they say.
DJ DennisJ 6:46 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

If you opened for DJ AM, and played Daft Punk, you'd be blacklisted from the market.
SuckaDJ 6:47 PM - 13 March, 2010
When I say updated shit, songs, I DON'T mean current radio hitters.
Dj_Dropz_ 6:52 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
some dj's know their music. And can tell a banger b4 It Bang on the radio. I pretty much was the one banging all the fatman scoop, av8, crooklin clan and had a 30 minute workoit at clubs like the Sharks club, dublin's , the cave, Billboard Live, The arena , Red Velvet, etc I would let dj's open up and play all the new shit . But they didn't know about those songs. If your black ask who Dj Que Is who Use to Do Red Velvet In Fullerton or sharks with dj damu or Mr. Quick and see what they say.

^^^^^

naw im hispanic bro so no thanks... look im not shooting your credibility or doubting what your saying were just having a dj to dj discussion thats all... but dude my opinion having a set filled with crooklyn clan, project junkies, av8 shit isnt very original IMO. i mean they took care of the mixing and blending of 2 songs for you 2 play to the crowd!! mixing 2 completely different tracks and playing with them while making it sound hot (MB) is the way to go... i aint about to pay 5 bucks for a crooklyn clan heater when you or i can make one...
DJ DennisJ 6:53 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
some dj's know their music. And can tell a banger b4 It Bang on the radio. I pretty much was the one banging all the fatman scoop, av8, crooklin clan and had a 30 minute workoit at clubs like the Sharks club, dublin's , the cave, Billboard Live, The arena , Red Velvet, etc I would let dj's open up and play all the new shit.

Ah so you're that guy that I hear about later. "All he did was play crooklyn tracks and Funkymix for hours... probably bought his collection off of Craigslist"
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:55 PM - 13 March, 2010
Damn, I wanna hear one of Dj Ques live sets from the club one day.
Dj_Dropz_ 6:57 PM - 13 March, 2010
look but thats not to say be anti crooklyn clan or something... i know for a fact 99.999 percent of us has played a crooklyn clan heater... just NOT a full set or even 20 minutes is considered a no no...
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:57 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
Damn, I wanna hear one of Dj Ques live sets .

fixed it....theres gotta be SOME kind of mix or video of his sets this dudes damn near legendary right?
DJ'Que 6:57 PM - 13 March, 2010
@ bezzle Naw Its The Left that Come's Out first Then The Right to The temple and Its A wrap. But We don't wanna KO Them That Fast. We Tend to Give them A Beat Down. The One's They Remember and if they see You Again They hide. Lol I use to Box so I watch The Shoulder to See What arm They Swing With First Then Counter.B4 Them With The Left jab.the stunner the followed by a temple shot. If the still standing then a few combo's will finish it and put them on the ground then its stomping time. You know like on the movie menace to society or boyz in the good.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:58 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
@ bezzle Naw Its The Left that Come's Out first Then The Right to The temple and Its A wrap. .

thats what i said lol
DJ'Que 7:15 PM - 13 March, 2010
@ Dj Dropz I'm talking Back Like 10+ Years Ago wayyyy Before Serato All Vinyl days
@Bezzle I'm 39 I Been at This A Long Time. I was One Of The First promoter To Bring Jazzy Jeff and fresh Prince To cali In Carson at Samricka Hall ask Jeff do he remember that when they got their @ 12am
@dj dropz 30 workout was all bootie music like like 69 boys Etc
Maybe now People will See why I Say am was Not All What people See Him As. He wasn't Around with Us like joe cooley,m walk ,tony G Arabian prince , battllecat, dj train (rip) dr dre B4 He was Producing dj aladin Dj Wino ( Coolio Producer) Etc so when They Speak On am I just laugh and say naw. We was doing thing way b4 am and mix different genre.I Have History In This Djing game serious I know and djed with almost everybody some lookup to. Vice,echo,melody,hideo, etc
DJ'Que 7:27 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
some dj's know their music. And can tell a banger b4 It Bang on the radio. I pretty much was the one banging all the fatman scoop, av8, crooklin clan and had a 30 minute workoit at clubs like the Sharks club, dublin's , the cave, Billboard Live, The arena , Red Velvet, etc I would let dj's open up and play all the new shit.

Ah so you're that guy that I hear about later. "All he did was play crooklyn tracks and Funkymix for hours... probably bought his collection off of Craigslist"
nope not me I Don't But My Music Never Have And Never had to.I had and still have access to lable's we did label run's B4 Our Gigs In The 90's I Haven't played A crooklin Clan Or Fatman Scoop track In Age's. them were the day when digging in the crated, strickly for the dread's av8's luke was popular in the club's. very popular. for the beginning of the party I would bang all new jams then at like 11 it would be the heat that's old but still hot 12 its would be all the party tracks like av8,strickly for the dreads_ fatman scoop crooklin Clan till 1am The Its Bootie Music 30 Minute Workout by That Time they Would Be Getting It In hard the Servo's At Sharks Cameon at 12 and It would Be A Sweatbox. But That How I got the club cracking.it wasn't no top 40 it was all about listing and breaking new music.
SuckaDJ 7:30 PM - 13 March, 2010
^ the way you type makes you sound ehhh... you get my point. I can't even read it without thinking damn this guy probably dropped out :P
SuckaDJ 7:31 PM - 13 March, 2010
your capital letters makes me want to throw a jab at myself for continuing to read it
DJ'Que 7:32 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
Damn, I wanna hear one of Dj Ques live sets from the club one day.
I manly do bar's and private partys now. The clubs promoters are to cheap. I did a bar in buena park last sat video for this Dj Name Dj Leo ask him how was It I can Shoot you his number
StevenWayne 7:32 PM - 13 March, 2010
damm, talk about tootin' your own horn
DJ'Que 7:36 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
your capital letters makes me want to throw a jab at myself for continuing to read it
nope didn't drop I'm typing from my cellphone. People on here act like everything has to be perfect. They act like Kid's, Wait Most are.they Act Like They Can't understand or add a word that was not typed. Dam
DJ'Que 7:40 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
not tootin . I never said I'm the best. But I do know how to dj. Hell I Don't even do all the fancie scratch's I keep it simple to keep the floor packd.
djaction 7:55 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
I think DJ's that throw in OLD shit @ peak hour are the BEST ones. The ones that OWN the crowd and can play anything they want instead of waiting to drop TIK TOK. Then you're just like a radio playing at peak hr. cause they hear it so much (in their cars etc). They WON'T remember you. But I bet they'll remember you if you play that OLD school shit @ peak hr... That make any sense at all?

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Dj_Dropz_ 7:59 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
not tootin . I never said I'm the best. But I do know how to dj. Hell I Don't even do all the fancie scratch's I keep it simple to keep the floor packd.

i think the reason he said that is because u keep throwin other dj's names out in the open when in fact is you and not them we are talking about... you say u dj at bars now? well gimme a date of when ur spinning and ill show up... simple huh? no need to call someone else... just wanna hear u spin thats all... i live in l.a. so everything is nearby hahaha
sixxx 8:18 PM - 13 March, 2010
... and they say I post a lot in this forum. lol
Dj_Dropz_ 8:20 PM - 13 March, 2010
your up there sixxx... along with bezzle... lol
StevenWayne 8:21 PM - 13 March, 2010
Don't even do all the fancie scratch's = limited scratching ability
DJ'Que 8:34 PM - 13 March, 2010
@ dj Dropz I'm doing all private events. Today its a private and tomorrow its just play music at a dirtbike track. But next thur and Friday I'm at Tobo's in long Beach. On Long Beach Blvd And Anaheim Next to lousiana fried chicken. From 8pm to 1:30am doing video On Friday.come through.

@ StevenWayne my scratching ability is not limited like your stateing. When you go from a battle dj to a club dj you change cuz the crowd don't want to hear all that. Just other Dj's are the one's who cared. Those Scratch's don't enlite me no more I could careless about flare's,3finger Click's or Crab's its about keeping the crowd dancing. Sorry.
sixxx 8:34 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:

Actually, I do have a ton of posts... but you have to ask yourself when did I join and most importantly, when did Bezzle join? lol
DJ'Que 8:37 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
... and they say I post a lot in this forum. lol
I'm seeing this myself. Trying to explain to all these other dj's.i have been posting back to back.
Dj_Dropz_ 8:49 PM - 13 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, I do have a ton of posts... but you have to ask yourself when did I join and most importantly, when did Bezzle join? lol

i actually looked at both profiles and daaaaamn!!! lol yeah your right sixxx!! lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:29 PM - 13 March, 2010
Lol this threads gettin good
tehBEN 10:39 PM - 13 March, 2010
Ok i guess I'll chime in... part of being a good DJ is to look at your mistakes and see what you can learn from it. If he says I played too many old songs I probably did. I will take this comment into consideration and review what I played that night. Honestly that was the first time DJing at a club venue in 4 months. I took a long hiatus to spend time with family during the holiday season and I got so busy at work I decided to focus my energy somewhere else since DJing is only a hobby and I know it will never pay any of my bills.

You should think about that, Digital Rice. I understand you are only 18, probably getting out of high school or attending college for the first time. I was in your shoes once, I was a big know it all. But there is a saying by Plato: "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something". I invite you to explore and interpret the meaning of that phrase for yourself. I have seen your other post in the car thread and you did demonstrate exceptional knowledge when it comes to automobiles. Look at your statements in that thread then look at your statements in this thread. Then think about that phrase from Plato and think of this interpretation: In the Automotive thread you recognized that someone had the same problem as you and you quickly helped him out by providing him with a link to a product that will help him and others. That was wise and it benefited the thread in a positive way. Now look at this thread and look at your statements calling me out, that was not necessary. Wise to voice your opinion but a fool because you chose to publicly announce it in a matter that was not necessary. Did your statements benefit this thread in a positive and helpful way? No.

What you did do was spark interest in this matter and allowed other social networkers to share their knowledge. However, it was conceived from an ambiguous and somewhat negative statement. Have you enrolled in a psychology course at all? I suggest you do if you have not. You will learn the fundamentals of human interaction in which you will be able to apply to real world situations. You will want to know how to effectively diffuse bad situations and that is extremely helpful especially in the club environment where tensions can get high due to excess alcohol and/or the need for a person to show off. Internet forums are a great place to exercise that knowledge and also observe the human interaction that takes place via electronic communication. The way you present yourself here explains a lot about you just like how you would in real life. So be careful what you say, especially if you're new here.

Now allow me to explain why I, as the opening DJ would not play top 40's material at the beginning of the night. First of all, the club opened it's doors at 9:30pm and I played until 10:30pm. Do you really expect me to play something along the lines of Boom Boom Pow at that time frame? The club was pretty much empty till 10pm when we got a decent crowd covering the dance floor, there was no way I would play boom boom pow at an empty club. I picked up the tempo around 10 when more people showed up but even then I refused to play any current hits. Ok look here's a tip and this is how I went about it throughout my whole set. Scan the floor frequently and see if the girls are dancing. Girls dancing == Good. If you have a good amount of girls dancing then you are doing your job. The females are usually the hardest to get moving, especially in that area. I grew up around the LB/Carson area and the girls there are very picky with the type of music. Once you get them moving, you can keep them locked there with songs that have a similar feel. When guys see lots of girls dancing, that is an invitation for them to make their move. Alternatively : Girls dancing == Guys wanting to dance with them == floor getting packed. Yes you can do this WITHOUT playing top 40 crap. Second, I was in town and needed a place to chill and SteveDub asked me if I wanted to throw down a set. Out of respect, I refused to play songs he might throw into his set. When the floor was getting packed and I had a doubt, I would ask him if he was going to throw that song on.

Communication with the headlining DJ is key. Even if you do not really like the headliner, keeping a level of professionalism will help you get ahead and earn you respect. Back in college, I used to do club events where I would be DJing with other DJs. If I was the opener, I would introduce myself to each DJ and get to know them. Even if I did not like their attitude (believe me some of them were complete douche bags) I kept cool, did my thing and I would ask them if the next few songs I would be throwing on is in their set just out of respect. A lot of them liked that I would coordinate with them and eventually the next event we were at, they would be cool with me.

Que, the fact that I live in Hawaii and "stay in long beach" is irrelevant to this thread. I shouldn't be explaining my life to you but since you have your doubts, which you are entitled to. I recently relocated to Hawaii because of my job. I fly from the islands to the mainland often for business purposes. I know we got off on the wrong foot and I would like to offer an apology for anything I have said to offend you in past threads. We should set an example for this digital rice kid and for everyone new to this forum. Its up to you should you choose to accept this apology or not.

Back on topic, Digital Rice, I hope you learned a lot about how our forum works in this thread. Be respectful, be cool. If you have something bad to say, its best not to say it at all. It is easy to get heated over something but you know what, it's not worth your time or energy. It's only the internet! But I should be thanking you for pointing out something I should be looking at with my sets. I should also thank you for making me realize that I show disrespect to certain members on this board and its pretty immature of me.

Now I could post my track list and I believe I recorded the set. If you or if anyone would like to review it, I could create a new thread or post it here. Either or. I would like to take the chance to better myself thanks to Digitalrice's comments.
sixxx 10:41 PM - 13 March, 2010
... and that's how Ben lost my interest in this thread. God damn all that reading. :P

I'm kidding man. lol
Dj_Dropz_ 10:52 PM - 13 March, 2010
honestly i think we scared DiGiTALRiCE out of his own thread ALOOOOONG time ago.... lol.... sucks for him he could learn a thing or 2... sorry bezzle but i think ur investigation is now closed... hahaha
DJ DennisJ 11:02 PM - 13 March, 2010
I for one would love to listen to your opening set and see the tracklist. I enjoy listening to opening sets more than I do 'club demos' because they're diversified. With club demos I know I'm going to hear BEP, Kesha, Pitbull, etc, and I can only stand that for so long!
Steve Dub. 6:09 PM - 14 March, 2010
Honestly I've never seen anyone on this board so full of themselves and not back it up. Spinnin next to a fried chicken spot in the hood part of LB. Yeah dude, you've made it.
latindj 7:34 PM - 14 March, 2010
"we are world, we are the children. we are the ones who make a brighter day so let's start giving...."
Dj K.Smith 2:37 AM - 15 March, 2010
there's a choice we're making, we're saving our own lives, it's true we'll make a better day for you and me....
latindj 5:16 AM - 15 March, 2010
awe man I feel the love in this thread again...(super no homo)
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:46 PM - 15 March, 2010
kuuuumbiaaaaa ma lawrd koooommmbyyyaaaaa
tehBEN 3:08 PM - 15 March, 2010
lmfao
DJ'Que 6:54 PM - 15 March, 2010
@ tehBEN we straight no hard feeling you did what a real man would do. But now read steve dubb post still acting like a kid. And he really don't know that I would Do to him. Real talk. That's why I want to fight him even more from his remarks. I three out a invite not to fight him but to show him how I dj @ Tobo's But He's scarry and won't step foot in their.

@ Steve Dubb Really We Need To Settle This. Your Remarks Is still Childish. Kid grow up. Cuz I Dj At A Bar 3 day's a week and make more then You Make in one Day. I Played at a dirtbike track yesterday and made more then you made all week. I'm about making money and not scarry. I Will Dj The Most Hoodiest party and make $1000. But I'm Also Straight Good But Don't Show it Unless I Have To.
as for djing @ Tobo's Other Dj's Are To Scared to dj Their. The Key Is get On The Gangbanger's good Side and Trust Me They Won't Trip. When I Get Their Now They Unload My Stuff Not Me. Real Talk. So If You wanna squash this Internet Thug Stuff I will Give You A Pass. You do Video Mixing And So Do I so we can Even Work together sometime's. As for me doing club these promoter's know I'm not cheap, and only call me when they need sound or get the money to pay what I want.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:03 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:

Cuz I Dj At A Bar 3 day's a week and make more then You Make in one Day.

......wouldnt most people make more in 3 days than what someone else does in 1......just kinda wander about that point there
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:04 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:

. So If You wanna squash this Internet Thug Stuff I will Give You A Pass. You do Video Mixing And So Do I so we can Even Work together sometime's

big ups to que on that, a pleasant suprise
djaction 7:06 PM - 15 March, 2010
WatchOut Cuz I Type Like This Buhhhhhhhhhhhster. My Letters Go Up And Down Up And Down Ever Since I Was A Little Boy, People Have Enjoyed The Sound Of My voice. And I Figured You Either Get Busy Talkin Or You Get Busy dyin'. The Work Is Really Quite Easy. Why Even Right Now I'm Just Sitting In A Chair, Sipping Some Tea And Reading From A Script. The Wall Is Covered In Something That Resembles Egg Crates Except They're Soft And Spongy, Like A Twinkie...Like A Twinkie.
mle 7:10 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:

@ Steve Dubb Really We Need To Settle This. Your Remarks Is still Childish. Kid grow up. Cuz I Dj At A Bar 3 day's a week and make more then You Make in one Day. I Played at a dirtbike track yesterday and made more then you made all week. I'm about making money and not scarry. I Will Dj The Most Hoodiest party and make $1000. But I'm Also Straight Good But Don't Show it Unless I Have To.
as for djing @ Tobo's Other Dj's Are To Scared to dj Their. The Key Is get On The Gangbanger's good Side and Trust Me They Won't Trip. When I Get Their Now They Unload My Stuff Not Me. Real Talk. So If You wanna squash this Internet Thug Stuff I will Give You A Pass. You do Video Mixing And So Do I so we can Even Work together sometime's. As for me doing club these promoter's know I'm not cheap, and only call me when they need sound or get the money to pay what I want.

It's childish when you start touting about how much more money you supposedly make over other proven DJ's here.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:10 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
WatchOut Cuz I Type Like This Buhhhhhhhhhhhster. My Letters Go Up And Down Up And Down Ever Since I Was A Little Boy, People Have Enjoyed The Sound Of My voice. And I Figured You Either Get Busy Talkin Or You Get Busy dyin'. The Work Is Really Quite Easy. Why Even Right Now I'm Just Sitting In A Chair, Sipping Some Tea And Reading From A Script. The Wall Is Covered In Something That Resembles Egg Crates Except They're Soft And Spongy, Like A Twinkie...Like A Twinkie.

LOL ok let me point out there you messed up

1) . The Work Is Really Quite Easy.......WAAYYYY to articulate
2). to many Gs, for ex Sipping Some Tea should be sippn Tea
3). Something That Resembles Egg should be look lik a egg

besides that it was a vlaiant attempt and im eager to see the direction the thread takes
DJ DennisJ 7:13 PM - 15 March, 2010
/me sits back and gets comfy with a bag o' Ritz and some cheez whiz
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:21 PM - 15 March, 2010
dennis hold my seat im going to get a soda
Audio1 7:27 PM - 15 March, 2010
More important question. Why complain on 90's music during opening when you are under 21 and your favorite artist of all time is 2PAC? 2PAC is 90's. LOL
Audio1 7:28 PM - 15 March, 2010
lotsa studio gangstas ITT
DJ DennisJ 7:31 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
dennis hold my seat im going to get a soda

I'll fill ya in on the good parts when you get back.
DJ DECK 7:59 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
My girl cant get down to anything from the 90s so if he's playing old music i cant get my freak on

and

Quote:
and play some new shit like new boys. I can get down to old shit but only if im break dancing.

/thread with those comments!!!!
Steve Dub. 8:00 PM - 15 March, 2010
Fakin moves while I'm MAKIN moves.

I'm done clowin on Que, there's no point anymore, the whole forum can see right through all his BS. Do your thing Que, if it makes you feel better about yourself to come on the forum and lie about your DJ career then so be it. Good luck with that.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:03 PM - 15 March, 2010
lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:04 PM - 15 March, 2010
stevedub im a fan now do you have any signed posters or stickers for the decks lol
Steve Dub. 8:15 PM - 15 March, 2010
lol
tehBEN 8:27 PM - 15 March, 2010
@Que, cool, we good.

Ok here's my tracklist and my opening mix for download. It is sloppy and rough in alot of places so you've been warned.

Time frame 9:30pm to 10:30pm.

Back & Forth - Aaliyah
Boy You Knock Me Out - Tatyana Ali
People Everyday - Arrested Development
Lighters Up - Lil' Kim
Murder She Wrote - Chaka Demus & Pliers
Action - Terror Fabulous with Nadine Sutherland
Award Tour - A Tribe Called Quest
Da B Side - Da Brat,Notorious B.I.G.,Jermaine Dupri
Buzzin - Shwayze
Too Close - Next
The Choice is Yours - Black Sheep
Hip Hop Hooray - Naughty By Nature
Walk This Way - Run DMC,Aerosmith
Humpty Dance - Digital Underground
This Is How We Do It - Montell Jordan
Heat It Up - Bubba Sparxxx
Blow The Whistle - Too Short
Grey Goose - Bangloose
Teach Me How To Jerk - Audio Push
Boys With Tattoos (We Jerkin') - The Bangz
Gangsta Luv - Snoop Dogg ft The-Dream
Nothing On You - B.O.B. ft Bruno Mars
Salt Shaker - Get Crunk Edit - Ying Yang Twins ft Lil' Jon & The East Side Boyz
Get Low - SteveDub's homie, Lil Jon lol
Ain't No Fun - Snoop Dogg ft Nate Dogg - Kurupt & Warren G
Home Alone - R. Kelly ft Keith Murray
Ride With Me - Nelly

Download ---> media.helloitsben.com
CMOS 8:39 PM - 15 March, 2010
Take out them two jerk songs and this is a dope set :P
eder 9:02 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
More important question. Why complain on 90's music during opening when you are under 21 and your favorite artist of all time is 2PAC? 2PAC is 90's. LOL

While he likes 2Pac, he's one of those jabronis that needs the DJ to play a certain song for him to get some from the ladyfriend that night aka no game of his own.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:03 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

While he likes 2Pac, he's one of those jabronis that needs the DJ to play a certain song for him to get some from the ladyfriend that night aka no game of his own.

ill take it a step further, hes the dude who tells his girlfriend how amazing he thinks the jerk songs are but then logs in and tells his DJ friends the jerk sucks and Ghostface is the illist music there is lol
Audio1 9:05 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ill take it a step further, hes the dude who tells his girlfriend how amazing he thinks the jerk songs are but then logs in and tells his DJ friends the jerk sucks and Ghostface is the illist music there is lol
So your saying hes a WAKE UP SHOW fan?
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:09 PM - 15 March, 2010
if hes talking to a wake up show fan yes, if not no
bourbonstmc 9:11 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:

Oh god- That To Fuckin Funy.
SuckaDJ 9:16 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
It's childish when you start touting about how much more money you supposedly make over other proven DJ's here.

Agreed.

Quote:
Spinnin next to a fried chicken spot in the hood part of LB. Yeah dude, you've made it.

Also childish. So you think you've made it? Gig is a gig.

Quote:
The Key Is get On The Gangbanger's good Side and Trust Me They Won't Trip. When I Get Their Now They Unload My Stuff Not Me. Real Talk. So If You wanna squash this Internet Thug Stuff I will Give You A Pass.

Stop already, with comments like this.... come on now. I think I can tell how old someone really is by the way they "type".
DJ DennisJ 9:41 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ill take it a step further, hes the dude who tells his girlfriend how amazing he thinks the jerk songs are but then logs in and tells his DJ friends the jerk sucks and Ghostface is the illist music there is lol[/quote
Well his whole knowledge of 2Pac might be "How do you want it' and 'California love'.
djpuma_gemini 9:49 PM - 15 March, 2010
asdfghjkl
DJ'Que 9:51 PM - 15 March, 2010
@ suckaDJ then How old am I. Tell me that.
DJ'Que 9:53 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Fakin moves while I'm MAKIN moves.

I'm done clowin on Que, there's no point anymore, the whole forum can see right through all his BS. Do your thing Que, if it makes you feel better about yourself to come on the forum and lie about your DJ career then so be it. Good luck with that.
I don't need to lie.
djpuma_gemini 9:55 PM - 15 March, 2010
You about 38 to 42
tehBEN 10:01 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Take out them two jerk songs and this is a dope set :P

I agree, but the little kids would complain about too much old stuff.
the 21 year olds were diggin the reggae.
DJ'Que 10:02 PM - 15 March, 2010
@ djpuma gemini I Wanted suckadj to answer that.
djpuma_gemini 10:03 PM - 15 March, 2010
oh ok I meant 22 or lesss
DJ'Que 10:06 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
not my post.

Agreed.

Quote:
Spinnin next to a fried chicken spot in the hood part of LB. Yeah dude, you've made it.
not my post. Try steve dubb

Quote:
The Key Is get On The Gangbanger's good Side and Trust Me They Won't Trip. When I Get Their Now They Unload My Stuff Not Me. Real Talk. So If You wanna squash this Internet Thug Stuff I will Give You A Pass.
Yes My Post.

Stop already, with comments like this.... come on now. I think I can tell how old someone really is by the way they "type".
DJ'Que 10:08 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
oh ok I meant 22 or lesss
I wish @ 22 I was still in the gang.
djpuma_gemini 10:08 PM - 15 March, 2010
You from LB? or Carson?
DJ'Que 10:13 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
You from LB? or Carson?
L.A 83rd and Western. Moved to carson with my aunt to go to school @ banning high
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:15 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
You from LB? or Carson?
L.A 83rd and Western. Moved to carson with my aunt to go to school @ banning high

even in HS que was gettin banned
djpuma_gemini 10:16 PM - 15 March, 2010
Haha Banning is a High School in Carson.

not banned.
DJ'Que 10:19 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Haha Banning is a High School in Carson.

not banned.
no its in wilimgton, Next To Carson
djpuma_gemini 10:20 PM - 15 March, 2010
Aaah that's right.

It's been a while myself.

I went to Jordan.
DJ'Que 10:24 PM - 15 March, 2010
lb jordan or L.A Jordan In Watts.
tehBEN 10:27 PM - 15 March, 2010
LOL I went to carson high... damn I miss those banning vs carson football games. For those unfamiliar with the area, the rivalries were on the same level as the USC UCLA cross town rivalries.
Audio1 10:28 PM - 15 March, 2010
From my experience, You can drop some classics on the under 21 crew, You just have to be real selective... Everytime I play out of state, Its usually 18+ venues, so the balance between new and old is very fine. Hit them with the radio cuts, stuff theyve heard in the past 2-3 years and some throwbacks. Really depends on the venue and crowd too. Here in the Bay, 18+ parties = ALL BAY MUSIC, from past to present to future, ALL BAY SHIT!
DJ'Que 10:30 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
LOL I went to carson high... damn I miss those banning vs carson football games. For those unfamiliar with the area, the rivalries were on the same level as the USC UCLA cross town rivalries.
what about the fights at carls jr. Or shootings their. What year you went
StevenWayne 10:30 PM - 15 March, 2010
que, i thought you were from buena park?
DJ'Que 10:31 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
que, i thought you were from buena park?
hell naw. This is where I Stay Now. Had To Get Out the hood.
djpuma_gemini 10:32 PM - 15 March, 2010
LB Jordan it was always a riot (literally) when compton high would come in for football games. their team sucked horribly
Dj_Dropz_ 10:32 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:

dude... THE classic is the east l.a. classic... roosevelt high vs. garfield high... ahh the good ol days... lol... (sitting down opening a soda pop and about to enjoy this thread and all its goodness)
DJ DennisJ 10:32 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
From my experience, You can drop some classics on the under 21 crew, You just have to be real selective... Everytime I play out of state, Its usually 18+ venues, so the balance between new and old is very fine. Hit them with the radio cuts, stuff theyve heard in the past 2-3 years and some throwbacks. Really depends on the venue and crowd too. Here in the Bay, 18+ parties = ALL BAY MUSIC, from past to present to future, ALL BAY SHIT!

Hells yeah, that was my point to begin with. Playing a span of four years is wack unless you're at a reunion party. There's always an opportunity for stuff like Montell or Arrested Dev. I've rocked HSes with that stuff and get booked again and again because of it.
dj_KaSE 10:36 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

dude... THE classic is the east l.a. classic... roosevelt high vs. garfield high... ahh the good ol days... lol... (sitting down opening a soda pop and about to enjoy this thread and all its goodness)

Ah shit, I'm a Rough Rider (Class of '97) and a Bruin (Class of '06)
StevenWayne 10:37 PM - 15 March, 2010
i like buena park, they got knotts and medievel times there
DJ'Que 10:37 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
what about the fights at carls jr. Or shootings their. What year you went
Audio1 10:38 PM - 15 March, 2010
The point here is, sure, today's youth has been corrupted, musically, but it doesnt mean they dont know or not care about older music. The thought of just playing new music and music from just the past 5 years is simply ridiculous.
djpuma_gemini 10:42 PM - 15 March, 2010
It's funny how sometimes the crowd isn't feeling the new shit, but you drop a BBD poison or some other old school classic and they go nucking futs.
Dj_Dropz_ 10:44 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ah shit, I'm a Rough Rider (Class of '97) and a Bruin (Class of '06)

damn bro im a rough rider class of 06!! and you pick the correct non stuck up school right after!! hahaha
Audio1 10:46 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
It's funny how sometimes the crowd isn't feeling the new shit, but you drop a BBD poison or some other old school classic and they go nucking futs.
and You dont even need to play the whole song. Just the Intro drums or the main verse hook and thats it. LOL
Dj_Dropz_ 10:50 PM - 15 March, 2010
well the poison intro, any montell jordan intro, aint no fun intro always has the dancefloor going insane... those are the jams that WILL NEVER GET OLD... lol
DJ'Que 10:51 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
LB Jordan it was always a riot (literally) when compton high would come in for football games. their team sucked horribly
yeah we use to hear about that at banning.
DJ'Que 10:53 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
hey do you remember big john hall and samricka hall. Or was that b4 your time. Those were the year from 84 to 89
sixxx 10:57 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
hey do you remember big john hall and samricka hall. Or was that b4 your time. Those were the year from 84 to 89

This thread turned into a high school reunion.
tehBEN 10:58 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

LOL way before me. I graduated in 2001, that jack in the crack across the street was some shit. The samoans and everyone used to have beef there after school. When I graduated it was those little filipino fobs from RPB that was doing all the shit talking and "bangin" LOL
tehBEN 11:00 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:

HAHA
Dj_Dropz_ 11:00 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

takes you back doesnt it sixxx? lol
StevenWayne 11:02 PM - 15 March, 2010
I used to party at samrika hall, when Legend threw parties there. i remember one time i got trampled by booyah tribe there. those guys are huge
dj_KaSE 11:04 PM - 15 March, 2010
*cues High School Musical*
tehBEN 11:04 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
I used to party at samrika hall, when Legend threw parties there. i remember one time i got trampled by booyah tribe there. those guys are huge

LOL Im surprised legend is still around too. OG Flyer parties b4 Myspace and facebook
StevenWayne 11:08 PM - 15 March, 2010
totally. i got some old school flyers featuring Legend Entertainment and Fascination Productions (aka...FPLogistics). too funny
Boba Tha Hut 11:08 PM - 15 March, 2010
I actually have a few Legend fliers from back in the day like 95-97 sitting in my room at my mom's house. Don't ask me why I still have them... collector's item now a days LOL
sixxx 11:11 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

INS takes you back doesnt it sixxx? lol

:|
StevenWayne 11:12 PM - 15 March, 2010
i wanna say the nickname for Samrika Hall was The Brickhouse, yeah??
sixxx 11:15 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
i wanna say the nickname for Samika my girl was The Brickhouse, yeah??

You tell us.
Swizzle 11:18 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:

Explains so much. Check out a Johnny Cruz party or a local Fraternity if you are looking for the hot new "young" music.
DJ'Que 11:23 PM - 15 March, 2010
haha yep. But you had to watch ur back cuz the sos use to tear shit up.that's were jazzy jeff and fresh prince came to perform. That was their first time in cali. And the 7-11 was a known get jack spot. I think big john's was closed down by then. But I remember legend back then. And knight's of the turntable's
latindj 11:27 PM - 15 March, 2010
I thought fresh prince was from Philladelphia born and raised?
latindj 11:28 PM - 15 March, 2010
I nominate Steve Dub for reunion queen...
sixxx 11:29 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
I nominate Steve Dub for reunion queen...

lol
DJ'Que 11:30 PM - 15 March, 2010
haha yep. But you had to watch ur back cuz the sos use to tear shit up.that's were jazzy jeff and fresh prince came to perform. That was their first time in cali. And the 7-11 was a known get jack spot. I think big john's was closed down by then. But I remember legend back then. And knight's of the turntable's
Quote:
Quote:

Explains so much. Check out a Johnny Cruz party or a local Fraternity if you are looking for the hot new "young" music.
fuckin johnny Cruz Still Owe's Me Money.so you know, dj punch, dj mustard, dj cali, dj b.a.d Dj looney
DJ'Que 11:37 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
I thought fresh prince was from Philladelphia born and raised?
they are. But I'm saying when they first cameout with parent's don't understand we had them perform their and they got their at 12:30 am and still riped it. If I remember the somoan's even shut that shit down. It was a big ass gang fight against the crips and blood's. Sos was on our side.
bourbonstmc 11:39 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:

More like a church retreat, or...

(drumroll, please)

.... that one time at band camp.
DJ'Que 11:59 PM - 15 March, 2010
@ Steve Dubb So You Still Think I'm Bs About my Djing Career Now. Maybe TehBan can Enlighten you About The Banning Vs Carson Riverial Span and The Samricka & Big John Hall Days.. Samrika hall. Was the place to be but the sos would get in ur ass.
tehBEN 12:00 AM - 16 March, 2010
Quote:
totally. i got some old school flyers featuring Legend Entertainment and Fascination Productions (aka...FPLogistics). too funny

we should bring some of those flyers to amber and steve at fp logistics and see what they say LOL.
Swizzle 12:15 AM - 16 March, 2010
Quote:
fuckin johnny Cruz Still Owe's Me Money.so you know, dj punch, dj mustard, dj cali, dj b.a.d Dj looney

Naw, I don't know those dj's personally. Me and Johnny in the same frat, different schools, different era.
SuckaDJ 12:38 AM - 16 March, 2010
Let me get this thread back on track.... (notice how bezzle disappears when there's no drama) haha

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
not my post.

Agreed.

Quote:
not my post. Try steve dubb

Quote:
Yes My Post.

You assumed all this was intended for just you. I know who I'm quoting.
Steve Dub. 1:05 AM - 16 March, 2010
Quote:
@ Steve Dubb So You Still Think I'm Bs About my Djing Career Now. Maybe TehBan can Enlighten you About The Banning Vs Carson Riverial Span and The Samricka & Big John Hall Days.. Samrika hall. Was the place to be but the sos would get in ur ass.

BHS class of 00' homeboy. Trust me, I know more than you think. I grew up in the patch and know a lot of peeps. Like I said, don't talk about it, be about it, show and prove. Post a mix, a video, SOMETHING!

And why are you talking about people putting something in my ass. I doubt SOS would like you posting homosexual comments about them. This ain't a high school reunion, gangbangin forum. It's a DJ forum.
Swizzle 1:12 AM - 16 March, 2010
Quote:
Trust me, I know more than you think. I grew up in the patch and know a lot of peeps.

Damn the patch! Since we all reminiscing of our hay-days.....Both of you make me wanna walk to Carson Mall and spend hours playing video games at Timeout arcade or steal out of Newberry's!!

<--------D.A. All Day everyday!

damn, i haven't said that in years
DJ'Que 1:20 AM - 16 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Trust me, I know more than you think. I grew up in the patch and know a lot of peeps.

Damn the patch! Since we all reminiscing of our hay-days.....Both of you make me wanna walk to Carson Mall and spend hours playing video games at Timeout arcade or steal out of Newberry's!!

<--------D.A. All Day everyday!

damn, i haven't said that in years
wow what a drastic turn this crazy .D.A I stayed in stevenson village. So You should Know My peeps the scotts, wino, worm country,i know all the og 190 Ko is my Cousin. Mike Dogg, marlon I will stop their. Wow he said the patch..
dj_KaSE 1:25 AM - 16 March, 2010
^ Oh shit, you for real? That's where I used to by my weed at!
DJ'Que 1:27 AM - 16 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

BHS class of 00' homeboy. Trust me, I know more than you think. I grew up in the patch and know a lot of peeps. Like I said, don't talk about it, be about it, show and prove. Post a mix, a video, SOMETHING!

And why are you talking about people putting something in my ass. I doubt SOS would like you posting homosexual comments about them. This ain't a high school reunion, gangbangin forum. It's a DJ forum.
naw the sos was not to be fucked with back then. Not saying the would get in ur ass. Its a black slang. I guess you did understand it.as for the patch. I use to date cinnamon who had a slob brother. I think his name was boogie if I remember. Till he found out we shot him at carl's Jr after the banning and carson game. He never stood on a table and yelled . This the patch again. Haha. But yeah I will post a video later.
DJ'Que 1:29 AM - 16 March, 2010
Quote:
buy big weed or dime's. Or from my cousin.
tehBEN 1:43 AM - 16 March, 2010
LOL D.A.!

i went to catskill then moved up there , went to annalee, curtis then chs ... lol
DJ'Que 2:28 AM - 16 March, 2010
curtis he high wow
DJ'Que 2:30 AM - 16 March, 2010
jr high.
also nice old skool set tehben
StevenWayne 3:12 AM - 16 March, 2010
i'm from 2-1 and Lewis
tehBEN 3:20 AM - 16 March, 2010
thanks for reviews on the opening set guys.
Swizzle 4:39 AM - 16 March, 2010
"I dont Bang...I write the good rhymes, the whole scenery reminded of Good Times"
DJROBsf1 5:53 AM - 16 March, 2010
I like this thread it's funny !!!!
tehBEN 6:38 AM - 16 March, 2010
lol welcome to the party
DJ Michael Basic 8:01 AM - 16 March, 2010
This thread sucks now :(
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 12:17 PM - 16 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
buy big weed or dime's. Or from my cousin.

Small world, DJ Que used to be DJ Kase's weed man at the spot when he wasn't DJin' - gotta love the West Coast.

: )
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:20 PM - 16 March, 2010
Quote:
Let me get this thread back on track.... (notice how bezzle disappears when there's no drama) haha

LMFAO!!!!!!!!! i cant help it everyone wanted to get all sentamental at 5 my time
latindj 3:43 PM - 16 March, 2010
this thread has jumped the shark...
tehBEN 4:58 PM - 16 March, 2010
I think DigitalRice is a troll.... lets find another thread to thread jack.