DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

NEW... Pioneer DJM 2000 MIXER....

DjWoody 7:44 AM - 10 March, 2010
djchrischip 7:48 AM - 10 March, 2010
really looks nice
DjWoody 7:53 AM - 10 March, 2010
www.agiprodj.com

-------------------------------

Release Date is Early June 2010 - Price TBA

At agiprodj.com we are proud to bring you the latest from Pioneer DJ - the DJM-2000 Mixer.

See the translated Japanese Press Release HERE

4 Channels
5.6″ Touchscreen
USB Audio Interface
USB
PRO DJ Link
6 Effects Available per Channel
*NOISE
*HPF
*LPF
*ZIP
*JET
*CRUSH
.004 Total Harmonic Distortion
MIDI CONTROLS
3 Band EQs with Full Kill
the_black_one 8:10 AM - 10 March, 2010
woody just got a woody!
DjWoody 8:10 AM - 10 March, 2010
lol...

It's on Skratchworx now.
www.skratchworx.com
the_black_one 8:15 AM - 10 March, 2010
so woody........ will you buy this when it comes out?
DJMark 8:17 AM - 10 March, 2010
Looks nice. I hope the touchscreen is easy to replace/service.

I'm going to guess this is significantly more expensive than the Rane 68.
DjWoody 8:19 AM - 10 March, 2010
My DJM800 still pretty much brand new. I would have to sell it to get this one if priced reasonably. And that's a big IF. I would definetely choose this one over the 68.
DjWoody 8:21 AM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:

I'm guessing it probably is. This mixer looks very similar to the SVM1000 and that one is $6,000!!!!! Ouch!!!!
the_black_one 8:21 AM - 10 March, 2010
^^^^really!

looks kinda wide wide for my taste! (woman and mixers)
DjWoody 8:26 AM - 10 March, 2010
It's a 19" mixer. That's pretty much a club standard size. If you're used to scratch mixers, than yes, it's wide. But I'm used to install mixers so it's not any wider than that.
Henry GQ 8:29 AM - 10 March, 2010
hmm. this should be fun, hopefully they do soemthign to compete with rane 68 and keep the price to under 2500.

just seen the video like 2 minutes ago on youtube, i go on here to brag, and soemone beat me to the punch LOL
boabmatic 11:36 AM - 10 March, 2010
another vid here....
www.djstore.com
Turn Table Tennis 12:17 PM - 10 March, 2010
that looks sick... but i think i'd still go for the 68.
boabmatic 12:34 PM - 10 March, 2010
I'm sticking with my trusty 57 ;-) until the 58 (not 68) comes out....
nik39 1:11 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
Looks nice. I hope the touchscreen is easy to replace/service.

MSRP is $2999, MSRP for the SIXTY-EIGHT is 3299 (street is $2600)

So the DJM2000 is actually cheaper.

Here are some official videos

Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

This looks like a beast!

However, I am not sure whether I like the touchscreen. If you follow the demovideos then you can see how the guy is touching the screen and the mixer is not following correctly. Maybe these are prototype-builds?

Anyway, this looks like a really cool mixer.
VJ Justin Allen 1:12 PM - 10 March, 2010
Price on this is est at $2600 - $2999. For me, and I just posted this on the Pioneer forums, I have to say that with every new release Pioneer keeps driving me away. I love the gear but it seems like they are just not in the same groove as the rest of the industry.

Now you may argue that is a good thing, but, like the latest 900's / 2000's / Rekordbox releases this mixer has zero incentive for the masses.

Pioneer is becoming specialized for a smaller percentage of people all the time.

I'll stay with my DJM-800 and DVJ-X1's that have served me well for 6 years.
DJ Jonasty 1:34 PM - 10 March, 2010
This is a fantastic looking mixer. Maybe not so much for me doing mostly mobiles and this won't fit in my coffin. Could anybody tell what kind of soundcard is built into this beast? If I can get 4 channels out of the deal then I am sold. Although there is nothing wrong with my 3 year old DJM 800. I just told myself that I'm not going to spend any more money on gear this year, just music.

The biggest problem I have with super nice gear is that I'll have the same old b.s. tracks to play on it! My biggest problem lately is finding the super dope tracks that I want to play. What's the point of having super dope effects if the song coming out isn't that dope. I kind of expected a new mixer to come out, but man this came out of nowhere!
DVDjHardy 3:01 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

This looks like a beast!

However, I am not sure whether I like the touchscreen. If you follow the demovideos then you can see how the guy is touching the screen and the mixer is not following correctly. Maybe these are prototype-builds?

Anyway, this looks like a really cool mixer.

Looks amazing for people who are playing house or techno, any type of live remixing. It's very tempting to me...should sound amazing with my new SL3! :)
sixxx 3:45 PM - 10 March, 2010
At this point in life, I don't know who would want a 4 channel mixer. I mean, realistically. I know the 4 channel mixer was nothing but a "tool" to be able to hook up 4 inputs (usually 2 turntables and 2 cd players). Nowadays everyone seems to be wanting to mix more than 3 channels. But, I still haven't seen anyone do it.
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:47 PM - 10 March, 2010
I'd prefer a new scratch mixer with midi
Dj.Mojo 3:53 PM - 10 March, 2010
And again Pioneer steps up its effects game and leaves everyone behind.
It got to be so much fun to use!
Get an innofader with it and you can´t ask for any more.
Well, I hope they improved the equalizer.
terrible1fi 4:03 PM - 10 March, 2010
that looks so dumb

haven't they heard of K.I.S.S??
DjWoody 4:03 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
At this point in life, I don't know who would want a 4 channel mixer. I mean, realistically. I know the 4 channel mixer was nothing but a "tool" to be able to hook up 4 inputs (usually 2 turntables and 2 cd players). Nowadays everyone seems to be wanting to mix more than 3 channels. But, I still haven't seen anyone do it.

I see it all the time.
sixxx 4:10 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I see it all the time.

Please take a video of it and post it next time you see it.
terrible1fi 4:10 PM - 10 March, 2010
2 key clashes arent enough, I wanna see 3 or 4 at a time
Millz 4:11 PM - 10 March, 2010
pioneer has not even fixed the cdj 2000/900's yet, and they rush to drop this machine before the 68 hits the market. Did you guys even notice that none of those efx worked right...super lag or no change? I rushed out and grabbed 2 cdj2000s, in which after almost 6 month STILL arent 100% working like they stated they should.
Millz 4:12 PM - 10 March, 2010
..and on top of that pioneer's customer service blows mountain goats.
sixxx 4:12 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
2 key clashes arent enough, I wanna see 3 or 4 at a time

hahaha
sixxx 4:13 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
pioneer has not even fixed the cdj 2000/900's yet, and they rush to drop this machine before the 68 hits the market. Did you guys even notice that none of those efx worked right...super lag or no change? I rushed out and grabbed 2 cdj2000s, in which after almost 6 month STILL arent 100% working like they stated they should.

Sucky... but true
sixxx 4:13 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:

Again... soo true.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:17 PM - 10 March, 2010
i just looked at this picture www.skratchworx.com and my bank account had a panic attack
DjWoody 4:20 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I see it all the time.

There's plenty of EDM DJ's that use it. They mostly use the 3rd deck to drop acapellas or special dubs, loops, or effects. I can think of a few like Carl Cox, Bad Boy Bill (2 CDJ's & 1 Turntable), DJ Dan.

photo.rukes.com
DjWoody 4:22 PM - 10 March, 2010
Oh, I forgot about Jeff Mills. Not my cup of tea, but he's know for it too.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Millz 4:27 PM - 10 March, 2010
but does the mixer work woody? :)
DjWoody 4:35 PM - 10 March, 2010
lol, I dunno. It's not even out yet. But I owned Pioneer products for many years now and they still holding up pretty good.
Millz 4:37 PM - 10 March, 2010
no ones sayin they arent rugged and will last, im simply sayin that i have a pair of 2000s and HAD a pair of 900s and neither have worked the way pioneer claims in the instruction manual.
Djaward 5:06 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
^^^^really!

looks kinda wide wide for my taste! (woman and mixers)

+5. Totally agree with you.. Looks nice though. I'd still choose the sixty eight over this. (2 LAPTOPS SON)
latindj 5:15 PM - 10 March, 2010
^this one does 2 laptops as well....

but I'm faithful to Rane as they haven't let me down ever...
sixxx 5:17 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I see it all the time.

There's plenty of EDM DJ's that use it. They mostly use the 3rd deck to drop acapellas or special dubs, loops, or effects. I can think of a few like Carl Cox, Bad Boy Bill (2 CDJ's & 1 Turntable), DJ Dan.

photo.rukes.com

Woody. Where did you learn how to read?

MORE THAN 3 CHANNELS. Not, 3 channels.
Dj No Name 5:18 PM - 10 March, 2010
That look like the shit, sl3 and djm 2000 for me forget the 68
ninos 5:21 PM - 10 March, 2010
badass mixer, im still rockin my pio 700
VJ Justin Allen 5:35 PM - 10 March, 2010
Well that didn't take long. Pulse over on the Pioneer forum has already edited out my concerns / complains about the DJM-2000 mixer.
DJMuErTe 5:39 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
Well that didn't take long. Pulse over on the Pioneer forum has already edited out my concerns / complains about the DJM-2000 mixer.

As always Pulse ........ thats why i quit pio forums they dont like to hear the real concerns djs have !!!! they like to see those djs who likes to lick their balls!!
ninos 5:41 PM - 10 March, 2010
man i love the midi section on the touchpad, thstd badasssss
ninos 5:43 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
i just looked at this picture www.skratchworx.com and my bank account had a panic attack

hahahaahahah
Millz 5:43 PM - 10 March, 2010
"fuck pulse, hes a bedroom dj anyways"
Millz 5:51 PM - 10 March, 2010
problem with pulse is that his ego gets in the way of a dude who is probably cool...but nonetheless its bad karma.
DjWoody 6:20 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I see it all the time.

photo.rukes.com

Woody. Where did you learn how to read?

MORE THAN 3 CHANNELS. Not, 3 channels.

Did you see the picture? That's 4 CDJ's.
latindj 6:34 PM - 10 March, 2010
^yeah but the one furthest on the left wasn't actually running...doh!
sixxx 6:36 PM - 10 March, 2010
Like I said, no one is really using 4. I mean, they're connected and all, but they're not using it. hahaha

And Woody, I didn't see your picture. I did read what you said:

Quote:
hey mostly use the 3rd deck to drop acapellas or special dubs, loops, or effects. I can think of a few like Carl C
CAW 7:54 PM - 10 March, 2010
Outside of the initial gear lust we all suffer from whenever something new and shiny comes by, I don't actually think I'm all that interested in replacing my current mixer with the DJM-2000 after reading up about it.

The touchscreen just screams gimmick that is going to suffer quickly from hardware failure, for one. And I don't really get anything out of it that I can't already do with my DN-X1700. Ok, the separate buttons for the effects time divisors would be nice, but that's about it. Putting an Ethernet switch in the unit for the ProLINK connectivity is a nice touch, though.

The sound card in the DJM-2000 has me scratching my head a bit, too. It only outputs audio to the 4 channels, and captures from master (not even a mic record channel according to the currently published into). So no DVS control for Traktor, for example. And with the soundcards built into the CDJ-2000/900, the soundcard in the DJM-2000 seems a bit redundant if you are building an "all Pio" system...
DJ DisGrace 8:11 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
^this one does 2 laptops as well....

but I'm faithful to Rane as they haven't let me down ever...

2 laptops running.... rekordbox? boooooooo
enoise 8:23 PM - 10 March, 2010
wow that mixer looks amazing
C. William 8:53 PM - 10 March, 2010
i'm sure that will be affordable
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:56 PM - 10 March, 2010
its cheaper than the 68
DJ Super Mario 9:00 PM - 10 March, 2010
Everyone is debating price between this mixer and the 68, but have yet to factor in Scratch Live price. Add $500 - $800 for SL1/3 on top of the price of the Pio if you want to use Scratch Live, not to mention another piece of hardware to lug around for non already in club installations...
DJ DisGrace 9:01 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
Everyone is debating price between this mixer and the 68, but have yet to factor in Scratch Live price. Add $500 - $800 for SL1/3 on top of the price of the Pio if you want to use Scratch Live, not to mention another piece of hardware to lug around for non already in club installations...

add 2 SL boxes if you want it to be like the 68.... add a midi device if you want cue points
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:03 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:

ya that sl1\3 is such a bitch to carry around lol
Wazo 9:12 PM - 10 March, 2010
wouldnt things all be fair if we all had 2ch battle mixers and sl3 only. simplicity is the key here i think.
DJWALDO 9:15 PM - 10 March, 2010
wow so it can auto sync AND auto scratch yet the people on this forum like it?
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:23 PM - 10 March, 2010
...it has autoscratch......mabye this is worth the money, if this is true im all in
Kool DJ Sheak One 9:31 PM - 10 March, 2010
looks kinda cool.
an improvement to the 800.
I just know I am not gonna like those faders.
And the touch screen screams malfunction!
Effect layering looks fun.
But I don't want to dj with 4 CDJs.
Not a Sixty Eight Killer by any means.
DJ Super Mario 9:31 PM - 10 March, 2010
If it has either of those I'm out...
DJWALDO 9:32 PM - 10 March, 2010
watch the second youtube vid in the post way up there dude uses the noise and transform effect and creates an auto scratch
DJWALDO 9:33 PM - 10 March, 2010
and obviously its auto synced when he's using the frequency mixing
DjWoody 10:32 PM - 10 March, 2010
Well, what do you know. I come into work today and I get a $1400 bonus check. I did my taxes and I'm getting $1700 back... WOohooo!!!! $3100!!! Pretty fucken tempting!!!
VJ Justin Allen 10:33 PM - 10 March, 2010
lol Sad. Now ALL of my posts about Pioneer products have been edited by them.

What a shame as I have always supported Pioneer products but it seems the the Emperor has new clothes and no one is allowed to say otherwise.
Djaward 10:34 PM - 10 March, 2010
Tell me again why people NEED/WANT a four channel Mixer? So bulky to carry around and heavy. Both the sixty eight and this mixer LOOK nice but NO THANK.

Woody congrats. I see you're going to do some good with that cash. Give us a review if and whne you get the item.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:48 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
Tell me again why people NEED/WANT a four channel Mixer? So bulky to carry around and heavy. Both the sixty eight and this mixer LOOK nice but NO THANK.

their not exactly designed for mobile gigs
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:49 PM - 10 March, 2010
the effects on this mixer look insanely awsome, 4 channel mixers are also nice for doing shows with more than 1 dj for instance 1 dj used CDJs and 1 used techs, 4 channels helps alot
VJ Justin Allen 10:52 PM - 10 March, 2010
I use a 4 channel mixer because sometimes I set-up all three of my DVJ decks. And that will be more frequent not that ScratchLive supports more decks.

I also bring my DJM-800 to all my mobile gigs :)
mikep 11:13 PM - 10 March, 2010
I have a 19" mixer with channels 1&2 from the SL1 going to 1&2 on the mixer and the throughs from the SL1 going to 3&4 in case I need to jump to something directly off my 3700's like a cd from a bride or if the laptop locked up (knocks on wood, hasn't happened yet).
It's mounted on a rack with my amp, SL1, light power bar, laptop shelf, and wireless mic receivers all connected so I have less to hook up each time.
This setup works for me, but I'm not a big scratcher.
Millz 11:34 PM - 10 March, 2010
Justin,

I just read (or tried) to read what you posted @ Pioneers forum before dickface edited it...would you mind reposting here what you tried to type there?

Thanks buddy
DJMark 11:34 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:
lol Sad. Now ALL of my posts about Pioneer products have been edited by them.

What a shame as I have always supported Pioneer products but it seems the the Emperor has new clothes and no one is allowed to say otherwise.

They pulled the same crap on me and a bunch of others around 2003, when it was becoming a little too obvious that their then-new CMX-3000 CD players had some major design problems (which, to this day, have apparently never been fixed).

They try to justify their censorship by saying the forums are not for "tech support", but all they're really doing is trying to sweep problems under the rug.

Unfortunately their primary competition is no better.
DJMark 11:39 PM - 10 March, 2010
Quote:

That's the main reason I would never even consider purchasing this mixer, however nice the features might be.

Besides that, for anyone mostly using SSL, the Rane 68 would make a lot more sense.
VJ Justin Allen 12:26 AM - 11 March, 2010
Here is my response to Gavin (who seems cool) about my thoughts. He suggested I was mad about nothing being for the VJ side and wasn't constructive enough...just complained.

Gavin,

Thanks for your thoughts. Let me just clear up one issue however.

My criticism was not because the recent products were not related to the VJ side of the business, it was criticism related to the fact that the 900's, 2000's and rekordbox just does not work and should have not been released until the basics of the hardware/software worked. (my opinion here)

As I posted before, I had them the first weekend and took them back. And I read this forum every day in order to see if the basic issues have been fixed...and they have not been. Yes, Pioneer is working on it, but at the end of the day, it shouldn't have been released.

In talking about Pioneer needing to be refocused, they was (trying to remember exactly) me talking about Pioneer needing to release products that are relevant and bring something new to the industry. It seems like Pioneer is playing catch up to the other DVS systems instead of innovating.

I believe that this was the gist of my message.

As to being constructive, well I own 2 DJM-800's and 6 DVJ-X1's and use then 3-4 days a week for 6 years...and they are still powerful enough to change with the times as I have moved to ScratchLive and watched video become more and more mainstream. I am a bit sad that the 2000's / rekordbox does not have video right out of the box...but am hopeful that this gets added later on down the road.

Hopefully I have explained my side just a bit better for you. In any event, thank you Gavin for your thoughts.
Millz 12:42 AM - 11 March, 2010
Justin,

Lets just thank Serato/Rane for taking Pioneer's monopoly grip on the industry and flushing it down the toilet. Also, many thanks to Serato/Rane to actually let US (the consumers) talk freely about products (good/bad/ugly) not only with competitors products but also the good/bad/ugly of the Serato software and actually LISTENING TO US!
Henry GQ 12:45 AM - 11 March, 2010
thats so true millz, serato has not censored any of this. they just ask us to be nice, which can be hard to do.. LOL

anyways.. serato has put an ass whooping on the dj industry, and everyone knows it. the edm community is starting to come around...
and i think thats what worries pioneer. they seen the release of the rane 68, and started getting nervous... there goes their lock on clubland.

remember when rane was in every nightclub? i mean this was 7+ years ago...
VJ Justin Allen 12:46 AM - 11 March, 2010
Oh I think the there is a big difference between a large company like Pioneer and a smaller company like Serato, especially since one does hardware/software and the other just does software. One can be quick, and the other cannot be....shrug.

I truly think that Pioneer has made a mistake with their recent rollouts...but at the end of the day, who the hell am I?

Time will tell and the consumers vote with their bank accounts and in the end that's all that matters.
Dj Mo-Mo 12:46 AM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:

+1
VJ Justin Allen 12:47 AM - 11 March, 2010
Henry GQ

I learned on a Urei mixer, then used a Rane MP24 for years and years after that. Then I moved over to Pioneer...and now I am seriously looking at the Rane Sixty-Eight for my next mixer.

It's a big circle. :)
Henry GQ 1:00 AM - 11 March, 2010
that is true justin. its all a big circle...

but u gotta admit with the implant of the 68, it def has pioneer worrying! big time. serato is the dj standard!. pioneer is the dj standard for mixers, and still for cd palyers, but djs are tired of burning music and prefer to just drop and drag files into computers/hard drives...

the dvs system is taking over.. serato was smart to come out with the 68! 2 computers hooked up to the same mixer/effects like pioneer/4 decks. thats huge! and the clubs that have more than 2 djs, are the ones that can afford these mixers! they dont care about the smaller guys, if we can afford it.. cool! but if not.. o well... thats why pioneer came out with that video.

and i have said this before... thats why rane needs to come out with a video explaining its features to a tee... remember me being pissed off cuz they havent released a good enough video?? and they has some chick explaining featurs that she had no idea about??? yeah... BUT pioneer has ? cuz they are smart. or just real good cockblockers(no homo)
treeo730 1:07 AM - 11 March, 2010
Looks nice...

-The Eq fading is a really nice feature, I spin house and I can see that being a very creative tool. They also built in an EFX into it, smart...

-Yes I've seen plenty of DJ's use more than two or even three channels, and now with Live, that you can sync, your going to see more guys doing it, maybe not Hip Hop guys, plus I think the 68 came out more as a response to EDM dj's,

@ VJ Allen, yeah they are kinda military at their forums, I go in every once in awhile because I have CDJ400-I love- but yeah their forum structure really is horrible, but Pulse does answer your questions very quickly and most of the time with good knowledge....
VJ Justin Allen 1:10 AM - 11 March, 2010
Pioneer is a marketing machine that's for sure.
DjWoody 1:52 AM - 11 March, 2010
I don't think this is Pioneer's answer to the 68. It's obvious they have been working on this long before the 68 was even announced.
Turn Table Tennis 2:24 AM - 11 March, 2010
that frequency mix mode is insane.
DJMark 3:05 AM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:

I'm surprised it took TEN YEARS for anyone else to do that:

www.redsound.com
DJ Jonasty 3:31 AM - 11 March, 2010
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. This mixer is dope as well as the CDJ 2K's. VJ, you shouldn't of taken em back, they are sick.
Millz 3:55 AM - 11 March, 2010
Jonasty,

Justin, me and a few others had the first batch of cdj 2000s and 900s that came from Japan. They didnt work right (like cdj1000mk3s) till after the first public firmware update in late Dec. Recordbox is a fail, and had to be totally redone...meanwhile Pioneer made promises that all features would work properly upon the release of the gear (which we all know never happened). The mixer might appear to be dope, but does it work right? Do all the features work properly now, or do you have to wait till some firmware update is made 6 months, a year, or longer after the release date. Pioneer had everyone sold from back in the days up to the release of the 800...but the new cdj line was a total fail, and many people who used to respect Pioneer as a company, no longer did because of many reasons. Mine being several things: The misleading information provided by Pioneer about the new cdjs, the capabilities (or lack thereof) of the cdjs, and most importantly the rude and ignorant demeanor of Pulse and his team of "professionals" on the Pioneer forum. If they don't like what you have to say, they try to belittle you, they delete posts, edit posts and ban users. I myself have zero tolerance for douchebags.
This DJ 4:32 AM - 11 March, 2010
Is it just me or does anyone else think that pioneer is just salvaging the the SVM-1000 mixer since nobody seems to be willing to shell out 6k for a unit. If u look at this new mixer, it looks like they just took the SVM and redid the middle part and made it an audio only mixer.

I love pioneer products but this mixer really has no appeal to me. On the other hand, if they made a 2 channel midi capable touchscreen mixer that's reasonably priced, i'd jump on it in a heartbeat.
djdragon 5:30 AM - 11 March, 2010
djdragon 5:35 AM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

www.redsound.com

No SHIT! All that Red Sound stuff cool but no one really got into the products.
lost vegas 6:08 AM - 11 March, 2010
I love the lag on the touch screen... Fail!!!
DMacTheDon 6:50 AM - 11 March, 2010
Hmm 2 questions come to mind, number 1 - why wasnt it announced back when they announced the cdj 900 and cdj 2000 were or at NAMM ?
You're telling me all but a couple months later they have this ready but before they couldnt even announce it was being developed and shed any light on it?

Sooo basically they could wait for Rane to show their hand with the 68 mixer then try and trump them with this piece of junk lol!

And number 2 - why has the new cdjs have a shitty color screen and scroll wheel but no touchscreen baffled me when it was announced. Yet all of a sudden a couple months later pioneer are throwing touchscreens in their technology and now this mixer now has touchscreen. So why couldnt they have given the cdjs touchscreens?

Would have made sense i'd rather the CDJ have touchscreen and be able to scroll through all those tracks easy than using a knobby scroll thingy and much rather have it in my cdj than this multi touch screen thing smack bang in the middle of my mixer...

But hey thats just my opinion!
Gor 7:58 AM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
www.agiprodj.com

-------------------------------

Release Date is Early June 2010 - Price TBA

At agiprodj.com we are proud to bring you the latest from Pioneer DJ - the DJM-2000 Mixer.

See the translated Japanese Press Release HERE

4 Channels
5.6″ Touchscreen
USB Audio Interface
USB
PRO DJ Link
6 Effects Available per Channel
*NOISE
*HPF
*LPF
*ZIP
*JET
*CRUSH
.004 Total Harmonic Distortion
MIDI CONTROLS
3 Band EQs with Full Kill

finally technology has advanced to the point where mixers have a crush it button.
Henry GQ 8:02 AM - 11 March, 2010
umm..
Dj.Mojo 11:56 AM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Yo I trade you an M for a J
:-P
DJMark 11:58 AM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.redsound.com

No SHIT! All that Red Sound stuff cool but no one really got into the products.

They and Electrix (remember the "EQ Killers"?) both put out some really cool gear around the turn of the century (wow, I just said that meaning 2000, how weird), but their products were way over most people's heads conceptually and sometimes compromised by limitations of then-available technology and some build-quality/reliability problems.

Other than the really cool idea of the triband crossfader, that Redsound Infader was unfortunately a pretty bad mixer.
VJ Justin Allen 12:40 PM - 11 March, 2010
I wrote to Karl Detken, for years THE voice when it came to Pioneer products. I met him a few times but I am positive that he doesn't remember me. I figured he might be at the Nightclub & Bar convention this week (I had a great time) The response I received back is very interesting:

Justin,

I'm sorry to inform you but as of January 1st, 2010, Karl is no longer with Pioneer.

To address your email below, we stand behind our forum team in the decisions they make in moderating the forums. Without knowing the specifics of the posts which were edited, I can't speak to the content or the validity of the edits thereof.

The moderators maintain our policies and corporate views that forum discussions concerning product suggestions or recommendations be directed to this email address, this is primarily to prevent the competition from lurking and borrowing ideas for their own products. Criticism and discussion of our products is certainly permitted provided it meets the forum guidelines.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel our latest hardware and software releases aren't up to par. It's hard to please all of the people all of the time.

Unfortunately Pioneer is not attending the Nightclub & Bar Show this year, our next shows are the Winter Music Conference in Miami at the end of the month and the DJ Times DJ Expo in Atlantic City which takes place in August.

Thanks for your email.
VJ Justin Allen 1:00 PM - 11 March, 2010
And this is Pulse's (and Pioneer's) official response as well

forums.pioneerdj.com

Justin, first and foremost, this is Pioneer's forum, so yes, I will edit your post if I don't feel it's appropriate to the conversation or the forum. You agreed that the moderators and I could edit your posts whenever for whatever reason when you became a member, but we don't abuse our privileges and just edit posts at our whim. My role here is to assist forum members, answer questions and ensure that everyone plays nice and follows the rules ... and yes, to tow the Pioneer line, and if that includes removing a post which bashes Pioneer or their products in a thread which is announcing a new product, I'll do it. You're certainly welcome to criticize Pioneer products, but if you do it in the wrong place, or if it's troll bait, it will get cut.

For the record, Pioneer has not released the CDJ2000, CDJ900 or Rekordbox too early and the current users and owners of said products are not Pioneer's beta-testers. You note that you're aware that Pioneer is working on correcting some of the issues which have been brought forward, yet you do little more than complain about the amount of time it's taking to address them. You are entitled to your opinion, but complaining won't win you any friends or favours. If you had two players which didn't work because of damage in shipping, manufacturing defect or other player failure making the product DOA or a lemon, that's one issue, but saying they "flat out do not work" because there are unresolved issues with resolution forthcoming is flat out garbage.

You and I both know it's near impossible for a hardware company dumping millions of dollars into hardware R&D to match pace with a software company who can make changes overnight, and with the development period of hardware taking easily two years from planning start to production unit delivery, the needs and expectations of the market would have changed drastically. While we'd love for Pioneer to be on the leading edge of the curve, they make product decisions based on current trends, future predictions and information from DJs on what they're doing now and what they'd like to be doing in the future. There's no crystal ball and there's only a fine line between what's leading-edge and what's out-to-lunch.
Millz 1:21 PM - 11 March, 2010
and there is a prime example of a douchebag.
Dj.Mojo 1:32 PM - 11 March, 2010
VJ Justin Allen,

could you repost your original post here?
Other people in that thread sounded like real forum brown-nosers.
VJ Justin Allen 1:35 PM - 11 March, 2010
My original post we deleted and I don't have it. I did repost a 4th version (link above) but that was changed as well.

I kinda recapped it just above (a few post upward)
DJMark 1:47 PM - 11 March, 2010
Not like anyone who just dropped $3,000+ on a pair of bug-ridden new CD players is deserving of any accountability, honesty or respect.

I'm still kind of surprised that they rater blatantly led users to believe they could "leave the Serato box at home" to use SSL with the CDJ-2000's...

Anyway their generally disrespectful attitude towards customers is exactly why I would never consider purchasing any of their mixers...and am looking forward to DJ CD players going the way of the buggy-whip (already most of the way there).
nik39 2:26 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
I'm still kind of surprised that they rater blatantly led users to believe they could "leave the Serato box at home" to use SSL with the CDJ-2000's...

+1-

The videos online still say that false statement.
kryptonitednb 4:13 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
I wrote to Karl Detken, for years THE voice when it came to Pioneer products. I met him a few times but I am positive that he doesn't remember me. I figured he might be at the Nightclub & Bar convention this week (I had a great time) The response I received back is very interesting:

Justin,

I'm sorry to inform you but as of January 1st, 2010, Karl is no longer with Pioneer.

To address your email below, we stand behind our forum team in the decisions they make in moderating the forums. Without knowing the specifics of the posts which were edited, I can't speak to the content or the validity of the edits thereof.

The moderators maintain our policies and corporate views that forum discussions concerning product suggestions or recommendations be directed to this email address, this is primarily to prevent the competition from lurking and borrowing ideas for their own products. Criticism and discussion of our products is certainly permitted provided it meets the forum guidelines.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel our latest hardware and software releases aren't up to par. It's hard to please all of the people all of the time.

Unfortunately Pioneer is not attending the Nightclub & Bar Show this year, our next shows are the Winter Music Conference in Miami at the end of the month and the DJ Times DJ Expo in Atlantic City which takes place in August.

Thanks for your email.

Good lord he had been with Pioneer for 18 years!! I swear I saw him tweet something about giving away a pair of HDJ2000 headphones and Pioneer shirts the other day. That's too bad.

As far as the mixer goes, I am a Pioneer mixer man through and through. I love them. I've had a 500 & 600 & now have an 800. I'm sure my dumb @ss will end up shelling out the money for this eventually.

With that said, I still reaaaaaaaaly want a 68.
DJ Sniffles 4:39 PM - 11 March, 2010
This mixer looks AMAZING!!!!

I was looking at getting an 800 but looks like I might hust have to wait and save a lil more and get this bad boy!
Djaward 5:35 PM - 11 March, 2010
for $3000 I would rather get the 68. That touch screen lags and looks expensive to fix.. And I bet their fader still sucks.
Kenny Q 6:03 PM - 11 March, 2010
In my opinion, the only thing that the 68 has over the new Pioneer is the built in Serato sound card and Serato control. However, since SSL is extremely important, I would rather have the 68.
Dj No Name 6:15 PM - 11 March, 2010
many people going on about pioneers customer service and how it sucks ass, well maybe i have been fortunate but i have had a djm 500, 600, 909 & 800 and cdj1000 and i have never had any issue with them
the_black_one 6:18 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
many people going on about pioneers customer service and how it sucks ass, well maybe i have been fortunate but i have had a djm 500, 600, 909 & 800 and cdj1000 and i have never had any issue with them

******in a room full of people waiting for everyone to clap but only one person does******
latindj 6:31 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:

well duh, you've never had to deal with their customer service....we're talking about people who have had issues and the service was far from stellar...
Dj No Name 6:38 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

well duh, you've never had to deal with their customer service....we're talking about people who have had issues and the service was far from stellar...

I was actually referring to the build quality, in my experience they have been solid......

Anyway all the serato fanboys will scream about how shit this is when looking at it i think it will wipe the floor with the 68. Although i would like the control over ssl I know what i'll be getting:)
DjWoody 6:53 PM - 11 March, 2010
I think Pioneer's reply to Justin was appropriate. It seems like Justin is on a mission & keeps bashing on them.

I owned Rane & Pioneer products all my life. I had 2 DVJ X1's at the club, 2 CDJ 800's, DJM3000, DJM800, HDJ 1000, and an EFX500. The problems I had was with my CDJ's getting condensation inside. I called Pioneer, they were very friendly, and told me to take the unit to some shop near my house. I took it, and 2 days later it was fixed free of charge.

After 5 years with the DVJ's, I had to replace the optics on one cuz it wasn't reading the DVD's. Again, very friendly Pioneer told me to take it to the same shop, I dropped it off, they said it was gonna take 2 weeks, and I got it back in 2 days. It was out of warranty, but I only paid $164. Not bad for a $3000 unit.
the_black_one 6:57 PM - 11 March, 2010
AT DJ NO Brain.....oh sorry DJ No Name.fanboys........ lol

well.....example of a pioneer fanboy Watchwww.youtube.com

now SSL fanboy Watchwww.youtube.com
VJ Justin Allen 7:03 PM - 11 March, 2010
What does your story have to do with my "mission". I have no issues with their service, used it many times with no problems. I love the Long Beach facility!

I have an issue with the direction they are taking. The 900's / 2000's with Rekordbox flat out does not work, they are late to the DVS game, putting out flawed software and using the people who paid good moneys for the players as high-end beta testers.

Pioneer used to be the leader, and now they are not. Plain and simple fact. And when these issues were aired on Pioneer's forum those comments were deleted AND re-rwirren to sound like I said something else.

My "mission" DJWoody is to tell the truth about the industry as I see it and to call out those companies WHOSE PRODUCTS I OWN when they are screwing up. IN my opinion, Pioneer is screwing up.

DJWoody, sorry that you think it's appropriate that forum moderators can delete comments made by an end user when that end user has negative feedback about those products. And yes, I purchased a pair of the 2000's and took them back 3 days later. I keep up on the releases, and get together with another friend who kept his...and they still do not work as promised.

There is a big difference between having issues with service (I do not) and having issues with Pioneer losing touch with the industry.
kryptonitednb 7:14 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

******in a room full of people waiting for everyone to clap but only one person does******

Clapping.
nik39 7:17 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Pioneer used to be the leader, and now they are not. Plain and simple fact.

Pioneer mixers are still more present in the clubs than Rane mixers - at least here in Europe. And I also think that the majority of clubs in the states have Pio mixers pre installed. Plain and simple.

I also understand Pioneer deleting some of these comments. They explained why. I understand your frustration with the CDJ 900/2000's and what's happening is really wack. But you have think where to post that criticism. When they release a new mixer, then it is quite off topic if you complain about your CDJ's. That is poor etiquette.

However, censorship is stil waaaaack.

I also find it funny how you were bashing SSL and VSL, and now you're the biggest fan, ... formerly you were telling us how great Pioneer is. This gives the impression that you are trying to pay them of against each other. My 2 cents.
Kool DJ Sheak One 7:19 PM - 11 March, 2010
pay=play ^^
of=off
nik39 7:20 PM - 11 March, 2010
Thanks for the corrections :)
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:22 PM - 11 March, 2010
the mixer is too big for me, more for the dance music dj,
my arms ach thinking of juggling on that
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:23 PM - 11 March, 2010
ache*, when will they ever make an edit button
VJ Justin Allen 7:24 PM - 11 March, 2010
I would think that would give the impression that I understand how to change with the times. And when I was discussion the shortcomings about ScratchLive it was over a year ago...Serato has come a long way with VSL since then and I have taken advantage of it.

And trust me, if there are issues with Serato software I will feel free to be as vocal about that as well.
nik39 7:28 PM - 11 March, 2010
Yeah, right.
Millz 7:34 PM - 11 March, 2010
sigh
nik39 7:38 PM - 11 March, 2010
Millz, I just agreed :)
Kris P. 7:44 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
I don't think this is Pioneer's answer to the 68. It's obvious they have been working on this long before the 68 was even announced.

+1
VJ Justin Allen 8:00 PM - 11 March, 2010
Agreed. Thee is too much multi-functionally between the DJM-2000 and the CDJ 900 / 2000's. Plus they had the body style down after coming out with video mixer a while ago.

For an EDM DJ I think this is going to be a good mixer, with or without the players attached. Not so sure about that thought if you already have an DJM-800 however...are effects enough to cause you to have to upgrade?
DJ Sniffles 8:06 PM - 11 March, 2010
That frequency mixing is pretty dope. So are the INST FX. Add Inst Fx along with the other FX, you could create some really good energy
nik39 8:12 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
That frequency mixing is pretty dope.

I am not sold on that feature.

Frequency mixing.. isn't that what DJ's have been doing since using eq's to bring in tracks?
terrible1fi 8:39 PM - 11 March, 2010
yup
so you could use the slider...or you can just turn 2 knobs like you can now

this thing is just way too busy
DjWoody 8:51 PM - 11 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Pioneer used to be the leader, and now they are not. Plain and simple fact.

Pioneer mixers are still more present in the clubs than Rane mixers - at least here in Europe. And I also think that the majority of clubs in the states have Pio mixers pre installed. Plain and simple.

I also understand Pioneer deleting some of these comments. They explained why. I understand your frustration with the CDJ 900/2000's and what's happening is really wack. But you have think where to post that criticism. When they release a new mixer, then it is quite off topic if you complain about your CDJ's. That is poor etiquette.

However, censorship is stil waaaaack.

I also find it funny how you were bashing SSL and VSL, and now you're the biggest fan, ... formerly you were telling us how great Pioneer is. This gives the impression that you are trying to pay them of against each other. My 2 cents.

+1,000,000 Took the words out of my mouth.

Quote:
I would think that would give the impression that I understand how to change with the times. And when I was discussion the shortcomings about ScratchLive it was over a year ago...Serato has come a long way with VSL since then and I have taken advantage of it.

And trust me, if there are issues with Serato software I will feel free to be as vocal about that as well.

I don't get that impression at all. I get the same impression Nik gets.
Warren T. 9:03 PM - 11 March, 2010
I'm not buying into the frequency mixing BS.
I'd take a Xone 92 any day over this. 4 EQs per channel is more than enough for me.
VJ Justin Allen 9:06 PM - 11 March, 2010
Of course you do DJWoody.
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:49 PM - 15 March, 2010
what I don 't get about this new 2000 from Pioneer is that they changed the size format of their mixer. Before the 6/800 became a club standard it was always a 19" mixer. So now that Pioneer has all these installs with a 12" hole cut in the booth and they change the size of their mixer. Simultaneously, Rane busts out a 12" mixer format which will fit perfectly in that spot that the 800 used to occupy and no carpenter has to be called in to change the booth.

From an installers point of view, there are more hurdles than just the price or feature set to consider if you are looking at the SIXTY-EIGHT VS DJM2000 as an upgrade to the 800.
nik39 10:28 PM - 15 March, 2010
Quote:
Rane busts out a 12" mixer format which will fit perfectly in that spot that the 800 used to occupy and no carpenter has to be called in to change the booth.

You forgot that the Pio mixer has no controls at the front... the 68 has controls incl. the headphone socket. This might cause problems.
DJ Dub Cowboy 10:41 PM - 15 March, 2010
okay, I guess not perfectly...but changing the size of the footprint is a lot more drastic
nik39 10:46 PM - 15 March, 2010
Agreed.
DVDjHardy 11:09 PM - 15 March, 2010
In my experience, most PROPER club installations have always had the 19" slots and used the blades to fit in 12" mixers in those slot. And like nik said, there are going to be some issues anytime you go from one mixer to another. We have a Rane MP2016/XP2016 at one of the clubs, and I don't see it going away anytime soon, but Rane used to have headphones on the top back in the day: www.rane.com

And now: www.rane.com
ryansupak 11:16 PM - 15 March, 2010
In one of the demo videos, I noticed that the guy was struggling to make the touchscreen work properly.

The last generation of Pioneer stuff was a nice intersection of digital gadgetry and classic, solid DJ equipment. I think they've gone off the deep end now, in their struggle to keep people off DVS.

(Take Rekordbox for instance. The big thing about the CDJ2000, according to Pioneer, is that you don't need a laptop. Except, that you do need a laptop if you want to organize your songs.)

There's no way this stuff can be as rugged/reliable as the last generation -- if it was going to be it would have to cost twice as much.

Then again, I favor an old-fashioned rotary mixer and turntables. So, maybe I'm just prejudiced.

rs
BriChi 12:10 AM - 16 March, 2010
Quote:

(Take Rekordbox for instance. The big thing about the CDJ2000, according to Pioneer, is that you don't need a laptop. Except, that you do need a laptop if you want to organize your songs.)

I believe they said you can "leave the laptop at home", I don't recall ever hearing or reading that you will "never need a laptop"

honestly now a days, who the hell doesn't have a computer of some sort
Pulse 8:21 AM - 24 March, 2010
Justin & Jack... You don't think I read this forum too?

On the Pioneer forums, I am following Pioneer's request to moderate the content according to their guidelines. We don't censor negative comments provided they're in the right place. (As an example, Justin brought up complaints about the delays in clearing up CJD2000 issues in the DJM2000 product announcement thread; wrong place.) There is no "sweeping under the rug" and I'll certainly be the first one to agree with you when something is wrong, but there are ways to complain and report bugs and problems which will yield better results than bitching and moaning over and over. My job is to assist users and act as an interface for end users and the marketing / development teams. I pass along everything I can online from not only the Pioneer forums but other forums and websites (just like this one) as well. Attacking me personally for doing what's asked of me is like getting pissed off at a bouncer because he threw you out of the nightclub.

I treat people with respect and I deal with people no differently online than I would in person, but Jack, apparently you're unable to do that. Calling me a douchebag in here where you think I'm not reading is shallow. The internet isn't anonymous; there are real people on the other side of that screen name. "fuck pulse, hes a bedroom dj anyways" -- real mature. I'm not just a bedroom DJ, I've played clubs, online gigs, mobile events, corporate and private parties for years. Oh, and I'm also an international trainer and product planner for one of the largest DJ product manufacturers in the world. I don't personally attack you or call you names yet you've taken a schoolyard bully attitude towards me and I certainly don't appreciate it.

I've met thousands of DJs from around the world from all experience and skill levels and I have never been treated by any of them the way you have to me. Yes I've rubbed a few people the wrong way with a bad first impression or if they didn't feel they got a timely answer or special treatment, but quite often it's a simple misunderstanding and in most of those instances we've managed to resolve our issues amicably. I'm not here to start a fight or even to ask for an apology. If either you or Justin have a personal issue you'd like to take up with me I'd be happy to discuss it either via email or in person at a future tradeshow, but if you continue to attack me online, you're just proving what a small man you are to all the readers of this forum from around the world.

You know how to get ahold of me.
VJ Justin Allen 9:55 AM - 24 March, 2010
Pulse,

I wrote this over here to report a fact and I have no issues saying anything to you via the Pioneer forums, here, or in person.

There is however a large difference between the Pioneer forums and the Serato forums. Here moderators do not edit or limit the conversation even when it "attacks" the Serato products. They do step in and close a thread when things get personally out of hand, but even then it usually seems to run it's course first.

However at the Pioneer forum it seems to me, and from my personal experience, that things are not as ...let's say "open" for lack of a better work. I have had many recent comments deleted just because I have criticized the newer products that Pioneer has put out...or questioned the direction that Pioneer is going. And as a DJ who has owned Pioneer products, and placed them in clubs when I consult, I feel that I have a right to question those decisions.

As to your statement about not deleting posts or only deleting posts that "are in the wrong place". The only problem about that statement is that it isn't true. You deleted multiple posts criticizing the direction that Pioneer was going in, and when I then posted it in the section that was supposed to carry everything that didn't fit anywhere else...you deleted that! You even deleted a post that linked to the UK version of the Pioneer site because it wasn't linked to the USA Pioneer site. Really?? Don't you think those actions are a bit....heavy handed?

My belief is that honest discussion and feedback is much more valuable than trying to hide all of the "flaws" (my word here) of a product. Serato gets that, allows it on their forums, and hopefully feels like they benefit from that. Simple fact is that Pioneer does not.

On a personal level, I actually don't like OR dislike you. I don't know you. I don't believe that I have ever "attacked" (strong word you used here) you or said anything here or anywhere else that I didn't say on the Pioneer boards, or for that matter, face to face.

And as to criticism about Pioneer's new products...well the simple fact about them is that since they have been released they are full of bugs and flaws. Yes Pioneer is working on fixing them but they were released far too early, all to meet a trade show date. And let's not even talk about the fact that Pioneer is late to the DVS party, and with a bad implementation to boot.

And that is the first time that I can remember Pioneer doing something like that.
DJMark 10:25 AM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
Attacking me personally for doing what's asked of me is like getting pissed off at a bouncer because he threw you out of the nightclub.

You do make a good point here. I guess we all have a choice to make when the people we work for ask us to do things that "aren't right".

I have no personal axe to grind with you at all, I've bought/recommended many Pioneer products over the years for myself and the places I work at (though *never* the mixers, LOL), and in fact a Pioneer integrated amplifier was part of my first "good" stereo system. But even in very limited time spent in Pioneer's forums, I've seen quite a lot of critical comments "disappeared", even when posted in the only relevant section of the forums. The simple fact is: Pioneer censors their forums when they don't like the content. There is no legitimate argument otherwise. It's been going on since at least 2002-2003, which was when I was dealing with the CMX-3000 nightmares (*never resolved*).

Whether you should take personal blame and derision for carrying out the orders of your employers is a whole other subject. I'd personally be a lot happier with Pioneer as a whole if they'd learn from the example set by the Serato forums.
Millz 11:06 AM - 24 March, 2010
ill call u a douche to your face, it doesnt matter where it is...sometimes people like you need to hear the truth...i dont give a fuck say whatever you want i dont have time for this, i catch a plane in a few hours...maybe you should try to be nicer to people instead of being an actual douchebag. its called freedom of speech either way eh?
Millz 11:09 AM - 24 March, 2010
and im far from a small man :) and i really dont care who you met, who you know, or where you are going, you crossed the line with me several times and you can go to hell.
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:49 PM - 24 March, 2010
to me the djm 2000 is to replace the 1000, not to replace the 800, so its still about the same lenght as the 1000
DJ_Quirk 2:33 PM - 24 March, 2010
It looks cool, but I still think I'll get an Ecler Evo 5.
DJ_Quirk 2:35 PM - 24 March, 2010
The thing just strikes me as a gimmicky toy. A $3000 gimmicky toy.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:04 PM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Attacking me personally for doing what's asked of me is like getting pissed off at a bouncer because he threw you out of the nightclub.

You do make a good point here. I guess we all have a choice to make when the people we work for ask us to do things that "aren't right"..

most bouncers i know are assholes who act like dicks just because they have the authority to do so and cant get respect elsewhere......just sayin
Dj.Mojo 3:10 PM - 24 March, 2010
The same applies to private security officers, wannabe police-men who aren´t real police men, mal cops or actually every freaking jackhead that has some power given to.
That´s why I avoid paying attention to them.
latindj 4:06 PM - 24 March, 2010
coming here to defend your actions explains a lot....I mean a lot......
Henry GQ 5:53 PM - 24 March, 2010
i would say its messed up of pioneer to delete posts, pulse.. u dont think other djs talk to other djs ? its a free country.. let ur forum be free. the only reason posts are deleted by you.. only signifies that u DO NOT believe that issues will get fixed so u try and cover them up. just like with politics.. cant figure it out ? cover it up!

its true.. its harder to fix hardware rather than a computer program...
i think if thats explained to people they would respect that more.
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:43 PM - 24 March, 2010
I'd just like t big up Serato for not taking the China approach and try to censor everything, much respect,

I too have been banned from the pioneer forums for voicing my opinions, and for once i can say fuck you Pulse with out getting banned
DJWALDO 7:02 PM - 24 March, 2010
Im sorry but if I walked into a restaurant not sure what to eat and every person in the joint said get the steak and one person came to me and said don't get the steak it's shit i'm gonna go with the 99.999% of people. the pioneer forum bullshit is agreed upon by 99.999% of people and a large amount of these people have used pioneer products. one person... working for them or not has no shot at convincing everyone that forum isn't complete bullshit.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:17 PM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
for once i can say fuck you Pulse with out getting banned

and even if the thread is locked it will STILL always be there lol
VJ Justin Allen 7:20 PM - 24 March, 2010
Yea, let's try to not get the thread locked however. Maybe if it's more constructive Pioneer will reconsider their current policy on their forums.

Getting it locked only reinforces that policy.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:27 PM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
Yea, let's try to not get the thread locked however. Maybe if it's more constructive Pioneer will reconsider their current policy on their forums.

Getting it locked only reinforces that policy.

pioneers newest release includes an auto-synch feature....their not lookin to this forum for advice lol
Henry GQ 7:39 PM - 24 March, 2010
i guess the whole fuck you thing.. says it all. but in the same tone. u cant say fuck you to the mods here either hahahahaaha
Dj BuddyLove 7:40 PM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
The same applies to private security officers, wannabe police-men who aren´t real police men, mal cops or actually every freaking jackhead that has some power given to.
That´s why I avoid paying attention to them.

huh?
ive been a contracted private security officer for 14 years and i dont think im a copper.
but i understand your point. ive meet alot of idiots in this field.
dont stereo type most professional private security for the flaws of a few.
Pulse 8:35 PM - 24 March, 2010
@Justin - You're certainly welcome to voice your opinions and your thoughts but when someone asks me to edit or remove a post, I follow instructions. Yes the Pioneer forums are run as a corporate entity and they are perfectly within their right to do so as they see fit. I've got nothing against you for having posted what you did, in many of your posts, I honestly agree with you, even if I've had to edit it.

The bonus with Serato - they're a small company and get stuff done quick-like.
Downside with Pioneer - they're a big company and there are more steps and hoops to go through to get stuff ready to be tested to be recorrected, marketed and put out. It's an overly complicated and involved process which I sometimes shake my head at, just like governmental red tape. We, the users, think these fixes should be easy and quick but that's far from reality with Pioneer. As you said yourself, CMX-3000 issues were never solved. I know exactly what you're talking about; the problem was likely pushed aside and then "forgotten" because the engineers had moved on to the next project - and I don't agree with that. There is a firmware update for the CDJ-200 which was never released because Pioneer didn't want to admit there was a problem with the jog sensitivity. It was released as an in-place update on new product from the factory but never made public. Why? I don't know!

One of the downsides with Pioneer is even though they're a global company, they still operate as separate entities. Pioneer USA pays for the forums therefore they want any link to Pioneer stuff to go to the Pioneer Electronics USA website, not the Pioneer Europe one. Don't ask me, it's weird policy, but it's their forum.

Re the attacks, most of that was to Jack, you've never attacked me and I appreciate your rational attitude and the opportunity for open dialog on that matter.

@Millz - Life has a great way of balancing things out.

@Mark - I've had plenty of discussions with Pioneer about how they operate their business model vs. what the reality of the internet is. It's a very Japanese way of operating and unfortunately it hasn't kept up. I think Serato is a great company too and as a small company, the will undoubtedly do things differently. I read a LOT of forums online both for DJing and other personal interests and unfortunately while I think the Scratchlive forums are great for being so open, that's part of what makes them difficult to read. There have been plenty of people who thought the Pioneer forums were great even if they are moderated.

@latindj - I didn't come here to read it, I was already here. I read this forum regularly. I just didn't appreciate being called a douche where they thought I wouldn't read it.

@Henry GQ - As I stated above, they know DJs talk but I don't think they fully realize that the internet has brought like-minded people together quite as easily as it has. The Cluetrain Manifesto is a great book which talks about how companies who don't embrace the globalization of the internet will be left behind. Whether or not they're reading the info I'm out gathering for them is another story.

@Sparky - I don't know you, but thanks for your $0.02, you can keep the change.

@Waldo - I was unaware that 99.999% of DJs considered the Pioneer forums to be crap, thanks for the market research.

@Bezzle - I scratched my head at the auto-sync feature too.
CMOS 8:49 PM - 24 March, 2010
So your saying your cool, but your bosses are the douches? hmmmmm.

"Its not me, its them,over there, the Warriors, they killed Cyrus, not me"
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:53 PM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
So your saying your cool, but your bosses are the douches? hmmmmm.

"Its not me, its them,over there, the Warriors, they killed Cyrus, not me"

lol, my boss said i cant play any "sexy bitch" tonight, id LOVE to play it but they wont let me
Henry GQ 9:25 PM - 24 March, 2010
i would love to know whos the person that says.. fix that.. implement this..

with serato, rane, numark, akai and pioneer. cuz those are the only companies i use and it seems like sometimes(with the exception of serato) things are just not done right.. and tons of djs scratch their heads.. saying what the fuck were they thinkin!

i mean the idiots at pioneer really need to get with some smaller time djs, and ask them what they need and what would be good for them, instead of these big time producer djs.. some of these producer djs cant even mix or rock a party...
nik39 10:55 PM - 24 March, 2010
Quote:
I treat people with respect and I deal with people no differently online than I would in person

Pulse, it's funny, I have followed the discussion about the Rekordbox announcement on the Skratchworx newspage, and sorry to say, but you are not very close to actually treating people with respect (for those who want to read the comments just go to . Your intention may be good, but you totally come off the opposite way. Maybe you should start to think about rewording your comments and statement. To me the comments are coming out not very professional and not very respectful.

(Potential) Customers should be treated differently IMHO.

Any company who does not listen to customers and who does not value the feedback of customers will sooner than later run into problems.

For those who are interested, they should check out the latest Pioneer stories on Skratchworx:
www.skratchworx.com
www.skratchworx.com
Henry GQ 7:04 AM - 25 March, 2010
pulse. i will give you this. u do answer alot of questions about the future of pioneer(congrats) serato does not do that entirely. imo. here comes the flame....

so anyways i guess its good to see someone go to such lengths to mend relations with djs and others...
Millz 2:45 PM - 25 March, 2010
+1 nik39

Pulse, I really dont have a prob with you...your voice, your actions, etc have no bearing on my daily or dj life...all Im saying is you were rude to me, and fellow djs right off the bat...like you were too good...which makes people like me react in a defending way.

And where is the djm 2000 being shown off in Miami for WMC?
the_black_one 3:44 PM - 25 March, 2010
whos this kat pulse?
Dj.Mojo 3:46 PM - 25 March, 2010
A mod from the Pio forums.
the_black_one 3:51 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:
A mod from the Pio forums.

jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja.................. *********stops because my side was hurting because of the laughter!****************
the_black_one 3:55 PM - 25 March, 2010
i will go where you guys wont....Pioneer Mixers suck! now they are going to suck even more that they put all that gimmick in them! Sound quality is at best average and dont get me started on their LARGELY INFLATED,BLOATED, EYE GAUGING price tags !

******goes into to studio to kiss his RANE mixer************
Dj.Mojo 3:58 PM - 25 March, 2010
Please don´t take it to that level.
To each his own.
I love Rane mixers but think Pios got the best effects.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:00 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:

LARGELY INFLATED,BLOATED, EYE GAUGING price tags !

isnt the new 2000 pioneer mixer cheaper than the 68.....and it has better effects (runs and hides)
the_black_one 4:00 PM - 25 March, 2010
im not going to piss on something unless i have tried it!

Pioneer efx 500 and 1000 have to be the best thing pioneer made! Now their mixers are a totally different story! headphones are decent. OVER PRICE like a mofo
the_black_one 4:01 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

isnt the new 2000 pioneer mixer cheaper than the 68.....and it has better effects (runs and hides)

no sound card on the pioneer? the 68 has two sound cards, and built like a tank!?!?!?!?
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:01 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:
! headphones are decent. OVER PRICE like a mofo

bet that!!!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:02 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

no sound card on the pioneer? the 68 has two sound cards, and built like a tank!?!?!?!?

how can you say its built like a tank when its not even out yet
the_black_one 4:03 PM - 25 March, 2010
pioneer costumer service = frozen dinner
rane costumer service = caviar
the_black_one 4:04 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

reputation!
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:05 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

reputation!

the new 57s arent even built like tanks, ive heard tons of problems with knobs and buttons not working in under a year......only thing that gives them the edge is the customer service
the_black_one 4:06 PM - 25 March, 2010
do you really think rane is going to make the 68 a fail?
Dj.Mojo 4:06 PM - 25 March, 2010
You can only make assumptions.
I won´t say anything until I have tested both.
Dj No Name 4:07 PM - 25 March, 2010
pioneer forums do suck and pulse comes across like a douche but it aint gonna stop me picking a djm 2000 up:)
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:09 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:

fail is a bit of a strong word but its in the ballpark, ill have to use both and give my opinions BUT the 57 was a dope scratch mixer which compliments SCRATCH live awsomely but a 4 channel mixer is a different ballgame, pioneer has alawys been on top of the 4 channel mixer (edm\mixer type dj) game in my opinion (all djs and clubs in my neck of the woods have a pioneer mixer), i just dont know if i see more people choosing to pay more money than the pioneer just to be able to have 2 SL boxes hooked up at once
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:12 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've seen the SIXTY-EIGHT, it's built like a tank.
My wholesale price on the DJM2000 is $1000 more than the SIXTY-EIGHT
the_black_one 4:12 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:

it's all about loyalty for me....call me fan boy or whatever but for the last 10 years or so, i have used nothing but rane mixers and they have been extremely dependable !
(2016 and ttm57). Pioneer at bars and clubs that i have played on over the years have proven to not be as reliable!
the_black_one 4:16 PM - 25 March, 2010
thanks dub cowboy for the confirmation!!!

*****goes back to couch to watch Everybody loves ray[no homo]****
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:39 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've seen the SIXTY-EIGHT, it's built like a tank.
My wholesale price on the DJM2000 is $1000 more than the SIXTY-EIGHT

i believe you but is it really possible to say its built like a tank just from lookin at it, id like to see it carried around and put through the wears and tears of the daily grind
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:47 PM - 25 March, 2010
I saw it fiddled for 8 hours constantly over 4 days. I played on it several times during that span. Why is there even any doubt?

If anything, my impression was that this was even more solid than my 57.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:59 PM - 25 March, 2010
given the most recent build qualities off the line of the 57 i woudl hope it was
DjWoody 6:32 PM - 25 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

fail is a bit of a strong word but its in the ballpark, ill have to use both and give my opinions BUT the 57 was a dope scratch mixer which compliments SCRATCH live awsomely but a 4 channel mixer is a different ballgame, pioneer has alawys been on top of the 4 channel mixer (edm\mixer type dj) game in my opinion (all djs and clubs in my neck of the woods have a pioneer mixer), i just dont know if i see more people choosing to pay more money than the pioneer just to be able to have 2 SL boxes hooked up at once

Couldn't agree more.

Quote:

Do you think Pioneer will let the 2000 fail? No way

Quote:
pioneer costumer service = frozen dinner
rane costumer service = caviar

I never had a problem with Pioneer customer service. As a matter of fact, they have always treated me nicely. I never had the need to call Rane because the only Rane product I own is the SL1. But here in the forums, Rane & Serato have treated me good too.

Quote:
i believe you but is it really possible to say its built like a tank just from lookin at it, id like to see it carried around and put through the wears and tears of the daily grind

Hasn't there been a trend lately where the ribbon cables inside the 57 just fall off while people are giging? Right away, I can think of two people where it has happened recently. Don't get me wrong, the 57 is a great mixer, but I love my DJM800. I sold my 57 and kept my 800.

Quote:

Same here.
Henry GQ 8:39 PM - 25 March, 2010
well.. the thing about rane is... i just heard noone will see the rane 68 till may now.. so whateevr. im super happy i gave away 2100 dollars already... NOT

btw thats the cost on the 68. 2106.00
Millz 11:53 PM - 25 March, 2010
i will see the 68 and the 2000 tomorrow. too drunk nowwwwwwwwww...............
Rane
TrevorW 10:24 PM - 26 March, 2010
Quote:
i would love to know whos the person that says.. fix that.. implement this..

We're always listening. :)
Henry GQ 10:54 PM - 26 March, 2010
i know u guys are!

but who is that person? is it Sam ?
VJ Justin Allen 11:15 PM - 26 March, 2010
It's Brigid :)
Dj.Mojo 2:34 AM - 27 March, 2010
psssssst.....
Turn Table Tennis 4:12 AM - 27 March, 2010
Quote:
It's Brigid :)

you know it... women always make the important decisions
Turn Table Tennis 4:13 AM - 27 March, 2010
Oh I'm sure Aroha is behind some of those decisions... man these Serato women are FINE!!!
Henry GQ 7:29 AM - 27 March, 2010
????????????????????????? serious..?
Henry GQ 7:42 AM - 27 March, 2010
Watchwww.youtube.com

it would be nice if rane had people like this that fully explained their mixer. instead of some chick that didnt know shit.

good deal pioneer... looks sharp
El_MaUri 8:25 AM - 27 March, 2010
I'm just getting both... who wants to pay for rent anyways
blackavenger 11:44 AM - 27 March, 2010
Quote:
Price on this is est at $2600 - $2999. For me, and I just posted this on the Pioneer forums, I have to say that with every new release Pioneer keeps driving me away. I love the gear but it seems like they are just not in the same groove as the rest of the industry.

Now you may argue that is a good thing, but, like the latest 900's / 2000's / Rekordbox releases this mixer has zero incentive for the masses.

Pioneer is becoming specialized for a smaller percentage of people all the time.

I'll stay with my DJM-800 and DVJ-X1's that have served me well for 6 years.

How can you make that statement, being a Mac owner? You just contradicted yourself, hypocrite, and if you don't see how, you are blind as well.
djdragon 1:28 AM - 28 March, 2010
Ah Pioneer gear.

You can get the same stuff, but you can't pay more for it.
Millz 1:23 PM - 28 March, 2010
I had the djm 2000 in my hands yesterday :) Im not goin to lie, its pretty dope.
Dj Ace 4:29 PM - 28 March, 2010
I think they are both (68 and the 2000) are dope mixer but the rane 68 is more suited to my needs in functionality and with steet price of of 2100 more affordable.. Also with the ability to to record fader movement, dedicated cue/loop buttions etc. But pioneer effects section and implementation on the 2000 look sick...cant wait to play with it. I wish pioneer would update the efx 1000! I would buy THAT in a heart beat!
DJWALDO 6:52 PM - 28 March, 2010
can you make that statement, being a Mac owner? You just contradicted yourself, hypocrite, and if you don't see how, you are blind as well.

how does owning a mac have anything to do with hypocrisy let's look at this for the average consumer and not the computer savvy since you are determined to bring up the old beat to shit computer battle...

A new solid pc with a minimum 15" display will run you around 8 to 900 dollars. antivirus software another 40 to 60 and computer setup in store around 200... so the average consumer just spent 1050 to 1150 dollars

standard 15" mac PRO not even a regular macbook or for the sake of argument you can run a mini mac with a bluetooth mouse and keyboard and have the equivalent of a laptop even cheaper but lets no cheat... 1699 no set up needed no anti dumbshit software to buy so out the door there is a 550 to 650 dollar price increase.

people pay that price increase because as a whole worldwide a mac is far and away more trusted and stable... TRUSTED AND STABLE

now consider that the recordbox.. the software inside the 2 new pio players that are almost DOUBLE the price of the closest piece of comparable equipment that they themselves make DOES NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY.... so essentially you're buying a cd player... 1700 dollars for a CD PLAYER.... we are not talking about a device that can edit music, receive a wireless internet signal and access the internet, type your school paper, be a porn watching device, take pictures, record or transmit video and millions of other functions 1700 dollars for a CD PLAYER that has not proven to be any more trustworthy or stable than their own products that have a way cheaper price point. Thats comparing pioneer to itself... not comparing apples to oranges like the utter differences between pc and mac

now the djm2000... i can get a djm 800 and an efx 1000 for 2599 and save myself 400 bills real quick now if i couple that with the 2 grand in savings for not buying non fully functioning cdj 2000's i now have 2400 dollars to the good in my pocket far less gadgety gear that could fuck up and that 2400 can easily buy a new macbook pro an sl3 and an amazing set of headphones

hypocrite?
Nathan Looney 4:40 AM - 14 June, 2010
It all looks cool and fancy but when it comes down to it the music is what its all about. When you're playing in a night club full of people they don't care if your dj mixer can do your laundry all they want to do is dance. Play the songs how they were suposed to be played and quit worring if your mixer can mix out the lows or add flang or be able to loop a few bars of music because the people on the dance floor don't care and those are the people paying your check if youre a club DJ. I will admit the urie and Rane MP24 might have been the best mixers because back then you had to have real talent and didn't need all the bells and whistles to make people dance. I admit again that the new technolgy is nice and I have adapted as well but it's starting to get a little out of hand. Next thing you know it someone will make a dj mixer that can do it all and replace you !