DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

You know I already paid 600 bones for SSL.

thebuttonfreak 7:27 PM - 3 March, 2010
So give me an internal mixer in int mode already. :)
Laz219 9:35 PM - 3 March, 2010
So serato owe it to you to make a feature because you paid for a program that didn't include that feature?
Wouldn't it have made more sense to buy something that did?
11:31 PM, 3 Mar 2010
Discussion moved to DJing Discussion
sixxx 11:36 PM - 3 March, 2010
It's called Scratch Live for a reason.
thebuttonfreak 11:58 PM - 3 March, 2010
I bought SL1 like 4 years ago. times change, it's not that big of a deal and they can hide it in internal mode. And ya, serato owes me because Itch controllers suck so it should allow me the tools create what I want. I'm not asking it to give me a bj, just add an internal. Something that many people want.
thebuttonfreak 12:08 AM - 4 March, 2010
Ya, why would anyone use something in a way it wasn't 100 percent intended for? Like making music with a turntable. I mean a turntable PLAYS music it doesn't MAKE music...am I right?

I'm not asking my SL1 to suck my balls. It's a feature many people want and ask for. They can hide it in internal mode, it was be easy to implement and they already have my money and loyalty so I don't think I'm out of line.
thebuttonfreak 12:14 AM - 4 March, 2010
sorry for the repetition of themes. I thought the first post didn't make it on.
Laz219 12:25 AM - 4 March, 2010
I love this attitude everybody seems to have now that once they buy something they should get everything they want (remember everyone expecting discount SL-3s when they came out?)
Scratch Live is designed to be a vinyl emulation software, not to be a digital replacement for hardware. I really would not expect this feature to be implemented in Scratch Live because it simply is irrelevant to the whole idea of Scratch Live.

Why do serato owe it to you to put in a feature just because you don't like the controllers for the program they created for this purpose?
I think $600 is nothing considering you got an interface and awesome software, any other company won't even give you the free updates we get.
thebuttonfreak 12:30 AM - 4 March, 2010
I'm not asking for a discount, I'm asking for software changes. I DON"T WANT AN ITCH CONTROLLER!!! ANd, I'm doing so on a website where I'm supposed to make those kind of requests.

You guys are so concerned that someone wants to use SSL in a way it wasn't originally intended? Then why is there an internal mode? Why can I map it using midi? Why do djs scratch? I mean turntables weren't meant for it.

Put another piece of gear out that allows me to use SSL without those ridiculous controllers and I'll cough up 600 bucks for it. I'll be bitching about it till it does.
thebuttonfreak 12:32 AM - 4 March, 2010
It's amazing how narrow minded you guys are about this shit. I'm not insulting, I'm just saying. The number of times I've heard the "it's not meant for that' argument is lame. If I can do it, then it's meant for it.
sixxx 12:42 AM - 4 March, 2010
Internal mode was and is there as a safety feature in case your controller (turntable or CD player) fucks up. Nothing more.

You talk about being narrow minded but you talk like you know shit when, in fact, you don't.

Buy ITCH (or another program that has the features you want at the time you buy it) and stfu already. I'm not insulting. I'm just saying.
sixxx 12:43 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
I'm not asking for a discount, I'm asking for software changes. I DON"T WANT AN ITCH CONTROLLER!!! ANd, I'm doing so on a website where I'm supposed to make those kind of requests.

Even Serato has had enough of you as they moved this thread from the suggestions part of the forum to the general discussion area. lol
thebuttonfreak 12:46 AM - 4 March, 2010
If I can do it then who cares if it was intended. It's like telling people 303's aren't meant to be used that way. I like Live, I don't like Itch and I hate the other options. I'll get by with my setup now and love it. Internal mixer would just help round things off. But you can hold your breath till you drop dead if think I'm going to shut up. Just sayin'
thebuttonfreak 12:51 AM - 4 March, 2010
I know some shit.

Quote:
you talk like you know shit
wrosenbl12 12:52 AM - 4 March, 2010
stop TROLLING around!

Serato is a DVS...not a mixing program. You bought a DVS...you knew what you were getting...so why are you complaining?

PS...serato's business model is established that you need hardware to run the program...kinda of like a duhhh...
thebuttonfreak 12:53 AM - 4 March, 2010
I'm still using their hardware so wtf are you talking about.
Laz219 12:54 AM - 4 March, 2010
Actually we aren't narrow minded, you've been endlessly going on about this feature in a heap of threads. You keep saying you want to use it in a way it wasn't intended for. So why should serato develop features so their software can be used in ways it's not designed for?

How do you intend to route your signal out of the SL box anyway?
wrosenbl12 12:59 AM - 4 March, 2010
why would they release an internal mixing mode that doesn't depend on hardware...?

yes i know your gonna say that you'll still need the hardware to "activate" internal mixing mode...but do you really think serato would release a program like that? if so then all i have to do is laugh.

you didn't answer my original question.
thebuttonfreak 1:00 AM - 4 March, 2010
No, I have a one track mind. This is different than being narrow minded.

I'd still use a mixer. I can just plug in to line 1 and line 2. This way I won't need to hop back and forth, I can just plug in and work off a controller.
sixxx 1:01 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
I'm still using their hardware so wtf are you talking about.

Yeah. You know SHIT. lol
sixxx 1:02 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
So give me an internal mixer in int mode already. :)

Quote:
I'd still use a mixer. I can just plug in to line 1 and line 2. This way I won't need to hop back and forth, I can just plug in and work off a controller.

Yeah. You know SHIT. I'm just saying. hahaha
thebuttonfreak 1:03 AM - 4 March, 2010
A program like serato needs a hiigh end soundcard, they can do exactly what they are doing now, bundle the software with the soundcard. THat way they sell all the options,, vinyl control, cd control, and internal mixing. So the basic premise is the same. No hardware = no serato.

Quote:
you didn't answer my original question.
Laz219 1:03 AM - 4 March, 2010
So then what the hell is the point of an internal mixer if your using a mixer anyway?

This feature request just got extra pointless.
wrosenbl12 1:05 AM - 4 March, 2010
---stopped tracking---
sixxx 1:05 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
So then what the hell is the point of an internal mixer if your using a mixer anyway?

This feature request just got extra pointless.

lol... remember. He knows SHIT. lol
sixxx 1:05 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
---stopped tracking---

+666
thebuttonfreak 1:06 AM - 4 March, 2010
Believe or not I still play my old records and even buy new ones! SO I like having a full setup around. I use my mixer to route all sorts of things. This would just be another. And considering how standard serato is at most places now I could just p[lug in and go but not have to flip back and forth between mixer and controller.
Laz219 1:08 AM - 4 March, 2010
I just flicked through your (rather huge number) of posts about this, you want Serato to implement this feature so you don't have to move your hand for half a second to touch the mixer.
The laziest DJ award goes to.....
ZESH! 1:08 AM - 4 March, 2010
Looks like this suggestion is the new AUTOSTINK

NO to BOTH !!
thebuttonfreak 1:12 AM - 4 March, 2010
One thing I do know. Guys with dj names that end in XXX are most likely douchebags.

Quote:
lol... remember. He knows SHIT. lol
Laz219 1:13 AM - 4 March, 2010
Nice switch from attempted reasoning to name calling.

Thread Closed...please?
Anu 1:14 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:

Thread Closed...please?

+1
sixxx 1:15 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
Nice switch from attempted reasoning to name calling.

That's right. lol
thebuttonfreak 1:16 AM - 4 March, 2010
hey, only after some baiting.
Laz219 1:17 AM - 4 March, 2010
I guess that makes Sixxx the best fisherman of the forum then.
thebuttonfreak 1:18 AM - 4 March, 2010
maybe. Next time he should fish for compliments though.
Laz219 1:19 AM - 4 March, 2010
that's never the way of the SSL forums.
thebuttonfreak 1:22 AM - 4 March, 2010
forums in general I think.
eder 1:26 AM - 4 March, 2010
I got an even better idea. Let's have serato develop a plugin that will mix, scratch, and pick tunes for you. You don't even have to show up to your gig. Genius!
thebuttonfreak 1:29 AM - 4 March, 2010
ya, because an internal mixing is just like having a program autosync for you :/
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:33 AM - 4 March, 2010
guys hes right and you know what serato fucked me too cause i paid over 600 for it and i still have to buy fucking speakers i mean what kinda shit is that I shouldnt be expected to have to carry around my macbook AND some damn mackies and i shouldnt have to run a cord to them or have to worry about placment or gains the sound should magically eminate from the serato into the eardrums of my crowd (ie mom dad stuffed animals)
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:33 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
ya, because an internal mixing is just like having a program autosync for you :/

that comment went over your head he wasnt comparing he features hes comparing the hard headed attitudes of the people requesting it
thebuttonfreak 1:36 AM - 4 March, 2010
again, I'm not asking for a time/ blowjob machine. Just a fader, levels and eq. Lot's of other people want it too.
sixxx 1:37 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
again, I'm not asking for a time/ blowjob machine. Just a fader, levels and eq. Lot's of other people want it too.

Where are these imaginary friends of yours? lol
sixxx 1:37 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
I guess that makes Sixxx the best fisherman of the forum then.

hahahaha
baseline 1:39 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:

Maybe so, but they're being fucking quiet about it.
thebuttonfreak 1:41 AM - 4 March, 2010
That's their mistake.
sixxx 1:42 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
That's their mistake.

Teddy bears don't speak. lol
Laz219 1:44 AM - 4 March, 2010
I've seen maybe 2 other people ever request this feature, for a very good reason.
They chose software that suited their needs from the start.
thebuttonfreak 1:44 AM - 4 March, 2010
I can think of one that did www.slamonline.com
Laz219 1:45 AM - 4 March, 2010
You shouldn't admit to that.
thebuttonfreak 1:46 AM - 4 March, 2010
I was a my pet monster kind of kid. farm2.static.flickr.com
Laz219 1:47 AM - 4 March, 2010
You shouldn't admit to that.

Still no thread lock though.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:48 AM - 4 March, 2010
I TOTALLY HAD ONE OF THOSE....there was a cartoon that came on saturdays about it too
thebuttonfreak 1:48 AM - 4 March, 2010
I think I'm best suited to tell what the best software for me is. Serato scratch is perfect, short of an internal mixer in int mode.

Quote:
I've seen maybe 2 other people ever request this feature, for a very good reason.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:49 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
I think I'm best suited to tell what the best software for me is. Serato scratch is perfect, short of an internal mixer in int mode.

Quote:

yes you are....now go find one that suites your needs
thebuttonfreak 1:53 AM - 4 March, 2010
did you dj before serato bezzle?
Laz219 1:54 AM - 4 March, 2010
"I think I'm best suited to tell what the best software for me is. Serato scratch is perfect, short of an internal mixer in int mode."

That whole statement was one big contradiction.
thebuttonfreak 1:55 AM - 4 March, 2010
ok, near perfect for my needs. happy?
Laz219 1:57 AM - 4 March, 2010
Not really, I've wasted a lot of my day in this thread.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:57 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
did you dj before serato bezzle?

yes i did, cds and vinyl
thebuttonfreak 1:57 AM - 4 March, 2010
I feel bad for you. You should quite posting in it.
Maskrider 2:49 AM - 4 March, 2010
Ibtl...........lol I can smell it.
Laz219 3:18 AM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:
I feel bad for you. You should quite posting in it.

Is it just me that doesn't get that?

suprised its not locked already.
thebuttonfreak 3:21 AM - 4 March, 2010
why would it?
Laz219 3:24 AM - 4 March, 2010
The utter irrelevance to DJing as of many posts ago for a start. Not to mention it's just basically just a bunch of pointless name calling and shit now.
eder 7:55 AM - 4 March, 2010
^ he's stupid
eder 7:55 AM - 4 March, 2010
pass the popcorn someone

(no misquote)
C. William 8:03 AM - 4 March, 2010
just get a used copy of traktor pro and use that if you want an internal mixer. i use it sometimes myself for this purpose.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:31 PM - 4 March, 2010
Quote:

Quote:

the funny part to this post is that traktor pro really does sound like your perfect software.....i dont say that to many people but gotta be honest