DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pro Sound & Stage Lighting (PSSL.COM )

Henry GQ 7:13 PM - 24 February, 2010
every time i order from these guys, it gets shipped out a week or more later, no matter what kind of shipping rate i get. so dont ever get next day shipping!! u will never ever get it. they are slower than shit!

and this is the second time.. they have SCREWED up my order!

i ordered WHITE ESDJCO slipmats, and got black ones?????
they are never gettin a dime of mine!

there are plenty of companies out there that deserve mine and possibly your business. IM DONE!
djchrischip 7:18 PM - 24 February, 2010
ya i concur... they r retarded...

i ordered 2 1210 mk5s, a 57, 2 shure m44-7s, slipmats, red vinyls, a oddyssey coffin <laptop 1> n some other odds n ends headphones, grundorf table

took 3 months to get the lappy coffin
Djaward 7:22 PM - 24 February, 2010
Ive never had a problem with them. Maybe because I live in Southern Cali (thats where they're located). The dumb part about them is that they dont open WEEKENDS.. I HATE THAT.
djchrischip 7:24 PM - 24 February, 2010
correction they r RA Tarded lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:26 PM - 24 February, 2010
i didnt even know about them til recently lol
Henry GQ 7:27 PM - 24 February, 2010
yeap... they are fuckin fretards, they even have djs hat work for them. thats whats surprising to me.
latindj 7:34 PM - 24 February, 2010
I always get what I order, and fast. Maybe you just dj sooo bad....???
Henry GQ 7:45 PM - 24 February, 2010
nah homie.ive order from them a good 10 times before.. and its always the same result.
Evin Kepik 7:48 PM - 24 February, 2010
I've never had a problem with them as well...but then again I live in NorCal. However, I would rarely buy from them as I would prefer to avoid paying my state's sales tax! :P
Booyah 8:09 PM - 24 February, 2010
They should refund you for the shipping costs then! Musicians friend was a day late with my shipping last week and refunded my shipping costs and gave 20% off my next purchase within 90days if you tell theat to pssl they will match or beat it!
Henry GQ 8:12 PM - 24 February, 2010
im not tellin them anything. im done, im just gonna go thru various outlets. someone recommended americanmusical.com here on the forums, and have used them for some of my of bigger purchases...

pssl was the only one that i could find on google that had these slipmats.
Booyah 8:14 PM - 24 February, 2010
I hear you man! try musiciansfriend.com and sweetwater theyre pretty god and timely
Booyah 8:15 PM - 24 February, 2010
Quote:
I hear you man! try musiciansfriend.com and sweetwater theyre pretty god and timely

good i meant
sixxx 8:18 PM - 24 February, 2010
Sweetwater, AmericanMusical, Music123. Those are good. I've never had problems with PSSL either... but that's just me.
Vato_Rudo 8:22 PM - 24 February, 2010
I've never had problems with PSSL either and I've ordered from them for as long as I can remember.
panic_1 8:42 PM - 24 February, 2010
pssl used to be da bomb when they had a full store you could walk into and demo stuff, now there store is a joke!
Billy18bm 8:45 PM - 24 February, 2010
I've never had a problem either. Usually takes them like a day handling time.
Henry GQ 9:30 PM - 24 February, 2010
wow.. this many people havign problems with them? what does tell you ?

their service is junk, maybe they should get with serato and find out what customer service is instead being the highest price on google, every fuckin single time. losers
djcruz99 10:28 PM - 24 February, 2010
I've gotten great service from Agiprodj & samedaymusic as well. Sameday music in NJ for those of you on the east coast. I have also gotten great deals from MusiciansFriend.
DJ McKay 10:35 PM - 24 February, 2010
i hear IDJnow.com is pretty good as well
the_black_one 10:41 PM - 24 February, 2010
lil bit of a rant:

I'm I the only kat that can't stand those Agiprodj Youtube vids with that dude DJ ty..... that dude is so ...............(can't put my finger on it)!!!!!!!!!!
RogerRabbit 10:44 PM - 24 February, 2010
Quote:
I've gotten great service from Agiprodj & samedaymusic as well. Sameday music in NJ for those of you on the east coast. I have also gotten great deals from MusiciansFriend.

Isn't samedaymusic and musicansfriend the same company - their webpage and reviews on the pages look the same.
DJLRock 11:04 PM - 24 February, 2010
i've never had an issue and i've order all kinds of stuff, truss, cd players, mics, etc.
Wazo 11:09 PM - 24 February, 2010
Quote:
I always get what I order, and fast. Maybe you just dj sooo bad....???

hahaha lol
SK1 11:42 PM - 24 February, 2010
I've ordered from musiciansfriend, and haven't had any problems with them.With PSSL, I drove down there and purchased everything in person... just in case they didn't have something.

That's where I got my SL-1, mixer, and few couple of Ortofun Styli.
beatdown 12:46 AM - 25 February, 2010
Wow - surprised to hear all this, as I've only had good interactions with pssl. Bought some mackie powered speakers about a year ago with no problems and fast shipping. Back in 05 I bought some open box dual 15" speakers and an amp from them. By the time the order processed, the open box ones were gone, so they gave me brand new ones that would have cost $3-400 more at the open box price.

Anyway, sounds like their customer service and promptness are a little unpredictable. Thanks for the heads up.
DJ'Que 1:54 AM - 25 February, 2010
Quote:
yeap... they are fuckin fretards, they even have djs hat work for them. thats whats surprising to me.
they have dj's that work for them. who would that be. they 2 fucks that take the order at the counter seem's like their mad when you buy lots of shit. cuz they dont have the money,unless its a hell of a sell i dont fuck with them no more.
Booyah 3:35 PM - 11 March, 2010
Now i have to agree, I didnt before But now I do!

They are supposed to have the guaranteed lowest price and I found a cheaper price and they said that they couldnt possibly beat the price ......WTF iM DONE WITH THEM and their damn near $300 for shipping when I got it shippied for free from some other company. If Im spending over 1500 my shipping should be free PERIOD!
kryptonitednb 4:15 PM - 11 March, 2010
I've never had a problem with them with my very few orders. Most of them have been vinyl, but I got a warped pair of black Shibuya Breaks and they sent me a new pair the day I called. I kept the other ones and fixed them in the oven.
Henry GQ 7:17 PM - 11 March, 2010
ha. they still suck.
dj vegas 7:54 PM - 11 March, 2010
Dj T4ze 3:11 AM - 8 February, 2015
Just ordered $1,500.00 worth of global truss. Order got held for the "payment not going through." Checked my bank account and all the money was taken out. Even though guitar center has higher prices, at least they don't steal your money ;).
Rebelguy 6:41 AM - 8 February, 2015
Quote:
Just ordered $1,500.00 worth of global truss. Order got held for the "payment not going through." Checked my bank account and all the money was taken out. Even though guitar center has higher prices, at least they don't steal your money ;).

Enjoy GC while you can. They may not be in business that much longer.
Papa Midnight 8:21 PM - 8 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

You're going to need to explain this one.
DJ Remix Detroit 11:37 PM - 8 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.metalinjection.net
Joee 12:19 AM - 9 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

in my experience (20+0 years), these big box stores (sam ash/guitar center) suck

they have never been able to provide the level of service or competitive pricing like my local store or online store, which makes no sense to me there a nation wide chain which means they can buy more at a discounted price, so why don't the give better prices than the smaller stores?

and lets not even start with the fact that 90% of there pro sound guys have no clue
Papa Midnight 3:31 AM - 9 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.metalinjection.net

Interesting.
blackavenger 3:41 PM - 11 February, 2015
if you were on the West Coast, you should only order from AGIProDJ

if you are in the middle of the United States, I would order from The DJ Hookup.

and if you were on the East Coast, the best place is ProAudioStar.
Papa Midnight 4:25 PM - 11 February, 2015
Quote:
...if you were on the East Coast, the best place is ProAudioStar.

I can attest to this. Pro Audio Star is wonderful. It's funny, I've actually gotten better deals from them by watching their eBay page than they advertise on their own website.
blackavenger 6:02 PM - 11 February, 2015
I've had absolutely positive experiences with all three of them. But, considering that I am based on the East Coast, I am only going to order from ProAudioStar from now on. Simply because the shipping is so fast.
deejdave 7:30 PM - 11 February, 2015
Quote:
I've had absolutely positive experiences with all three of them. But, considering that I am based on the East Coast, I am only going to order from ProAudioStar from now on. Simply because the shipping is so fast.

Do you happen to know if they are willing to compete with thedjhookup.com's quotes? If so I'm all over that! I never even asked LOL. Typically I would check here at the forums for the lowest prices peeps are getting gear for then head to thedhhookup for the best price they could give. What also helps is being a return customer. Once these places know you buy gear regularly they will do their best to try and keep you there which is a win/win typically.

I completely agree with Joee. In my experience GC is NOT the place to go for actual intel or great prices. Sometimes good but never great. The only thing is I am a big fan of their warranty & unit replacement service. Nothing quite like knowing if your unit breaks you can drive to GC and have a new one within the hour. Actually I better check on what the above news means for me being I have quite a few years left on some of my gear. Don't know if anyone else has warranties through GC but if so please let me know if you get any info yourself in the coming months. Then again this could be a slow process which will affect things years from now. Either way I will be following this. Thanks all for the heads up.
blackavenger 7:40 PM - 11 February, 2015
Quote:
Do you happen to know if they are willing to compete with thedjhookup.com's quotes? If so I'm all over that! I

Oh yeah.

I just bought the SX2 a couple days ago, and they beat both of them by $51. Considering how low that DJHookup & AGI were already discounting it, that was quite substancial.
Joee 7:45 PM - 11 February, 2015
you can get the sx2 for $750…..did they beat that price?
blackavenger 10:29 PM - 11 February, 2015
Sorta, but only by a dollar....I got it for $749. The other two were quoting me $800 (wouldn't budge any lower).....and I have history spending several hundred dollars with each of them too. Oh well, sucks for them that they lost my business going forward.
Joee 10:37 PM - 11 February, 2015
Quote:
Sorta, but only by a dollar....I got it for $749. The other two were quoting me $800 (wouldn't budge any lower).....and I have history spending several hundred dollars with each of them too. Oh well, sucks for them that they lost my business going forward.

i haven't been able to find any cheaper either & i spend thousands with them…..i guess it's too new still
deejdave 10:48 PM - 11 February, 2015
$749 sounds like an amazing deal to me. Considering most other places won't even go below $900. I actually would have guessed $800 for thedjhookup.com lol. They tend to be anywhere from 18% - 25% off the normal price. That $749 price is awesome................... I would jump on that!
deejdave 10:49 PM - 11 February, 2015
Quote:
I would jump on that!

Speaking to others as I know you already did. :)
4mydawgz 7:51 AM - 12 February, 2015
Quote:

sometimes it may work out ordering from agiprodj as proaudiostar charges tax. but yes proaudiostar is the best in nyc. that's the first place i check when looking to kop new gear.
blackavenger 2:35 PM - 12 February, 2015
Quote:
sometimes it may work out ordering from agiprodj as proaudiostar charges tax

For you, but not for me. ;-)

If I lived in NY, I would order from TheDJHookup.
deejdave 6:32 PM - 12 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
sometimes it may work out ordering from agiprodj as proaudiostar charges tax

For you, but not for me. ;-)

If I lived in NY, I would order from TheDJHookup.

Exactly. None of these three charge tax if you live outside the state they are based out of. THIS is the reason iDJNOW sucks for me........... then again they just flat out suck! haha
11:51 PM, 21 Aug 2016
Discussion locked by Sean H.
Discussion unlocked by Sean H.
Discussion locked by Sean H.
Discussion unlocked by Sean H.
Framal 11:39 AM - 22 September, 2018
Had a very unfortunate buying experience with PSSL. Tried to buy simple stage lighting over the phone and the sales person charged my credit card for $200 bucks more than the price! Only AFTER the charge did I receive the quote with the error. I of course marked the credit card charge fraudulent. He then apologized saying that he put in 2019 prices, then correcting himself saying he put the wrong item code, funny how they always make a mistake charging more and never less!
Anyway, my recommendation is to buy online and not have to deal with the sales rep. Good luck!
deejdave 2:49 AM - 23 September, 2018
Sucks but a an isolated issue I suspect. I don't get my bread and butter DJ gear from PSSL but the odds and ends gear along with just keeping an eye on their clearance/closeouts which if I am being honest can NOT be beat. Got the Akai AFX for $79 from them brand new with free shipping LOL.
Dj Farhan 3:39 PM - 24 September, 2018
www.pssl.com!zCj8A5!teHYf3HqRDQ!16g!/Pioneer-DDJ-SZ2-Professional-DJ-Controller?Cond=BK&utm_source=eblast&utm_medium=email&utm_term=September%202018&utm_content=9-18-18%20Anniversary%20Sale%20Refurbs&utm_campaign=Weekly%20Deals ddj sz2, 46% off