Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Video capability for Itch?

DJ Simulator 2:33 AM - 24 February, 2010
This probably has been talked about already on here but I couldn't find an open discussion. Has Serato considered Video Itch at all? I think this would be fun especially if you have an NS7. Any thoughts?
MusicDan 2:40 AM - 24 February, 2010
Yeah it will be called "Vitch".

Actually Serato hasn't specifically said that they are going to implement video, but the rumors are that Video might be in V2.0. The reason that rumor started was because in a previous thread, Serato specifically came out and said that a sampler would not be implemented in 2.0. There had been discussions about a sampler as well as video. At no point in the thread did Serato come out like they did with the sampler and say that video would not be in V2.0.

Hope that helps, and we will keep our fingers crossed.
Dj_Nix 3:19 AM - 24 February, 2010
+1 I have to use vdj for video w/ my ns7... lets just say i hate it. that would definitely make my investment worth it
DJ Simulator 5:14 AM - 24 February, 2010
Thanks MusicDan! and I agree with you Nix. Even if they came out with something you had to buy to able to do it, I would totally do it! Lets go Serato!!
KLH 8:52 AM - 24 February, 2010
Sampler first, video second.

-KLH
k_one 9:57 AM - 24 February, 2010
Quote:
Yeah it will be called "Vitch".

Hehe, you just took my name suggestion an ran with it? Nice! LOL
MusicDan 1:10 PM - 24 February, 2010
You are right. I will give credit where credit is due. I did get that from another post. The opportunity to use it was too good to pass up.
k_one 4:02 PM - 24 February, 2010
Hey, I'm not hating;)the more people who use my suggestion, the more likely it will be the final name...hehe
DJ Simulator 5:48 PM - 24 February, 2010
Vitch sounds good to me! haha
czar 8:20 PM - 24 February, 2010
heck no Vitch is wackkk
k_one 8:28 PM - 24 February, 2010
Quote:
heck no Vitch is wackkk

Hater! hehe
czar 8:29 PM - 24 February, 2010
hahahaa
casket hands 8:32 PM - 24 February, 2010
the music itch will be henceforth know as Mitch.
KLH 8:36 PM - 24 February, 2010
Beatgrid ITCH will be... nevermind.

-KLH
k_one 11:40 AM - 25 February, 2010
Beatgrid Itch = B*itch

Itch for breaking up with your girl = Ditch

Itch beta = Glitch

Itch for wedding DJ's = Hitch

Itch with a vintage appeal = Kitch

Itch for Baywatch main characters, hurricanes & deceased comedians = Mitch

Pro version Itch = Pitch

Pro version Itch kitchen utensil = Pitchfork

Itch for having the day off = Restich

Itch for informants/blabbermouths,squealers = Snitch

Itch crossgrade for Traktor/VirtualDJ/SSL users = Switch

Itch for spastics = Twitch

Video Itch = Vitch
czar 12:10 PM - 25 February, 2010
lol
skratchworx 1:04 PM - 25 February, 2010
V2 delay = Hitch
MusicDan 1:05 PM - 25 February, 2010
too much time...very funny
KLH 3:35 PM - 25 February, 2010
LOL! K_one's post gets the EPIC WIN award!

-KLH
JBoogz 3:59 PM - 25 February, 2010
A few more for K_one;

Itch for Doctors = Stitch

Itch for Halloween = Witch
Musically Minded 7:39 PM - 25 February, 2010
Quote:

-KLH

+1
JBoogz 7:40 PM - 25 February, 2010
+2
MusicDan 8:34 PM - 25 February, 2010
Smitch is not gonna be in 2.0. We'll see about Vitch.
KLH 9:45 PM - 25 February, 2010
^ The Sampler with ITCH = Samwitch

-KLH
MusicDan 9:45 PM - 25 February, 2010
That's better than Smitch...
k_one 6:22 AM - 26 February, 2010
Quote:
LOL! K_one's post gets the EPIC WIN award!

-KLH

:)

Quote:
A few more for K_one;

Itch for Doctors = Stitch
Itch for Halloween = Witch

Ah, Stitch...how could I miss that one? (Witch was kinda obvious, hence the Vitch wordlplay)

Quote:
^ The Sampler with ITCH = Samwitch

-KLH

That's a good one! That could definitely be the official name..hehe
Hooder2525 4:05 PM - 26 February, 2010
I really hope we get video soon. I really don't wanna have to get VDJ just to do the videos. I would far rather give Serato my $300 than spend it on VDJ.
MusicDan 4:07 PM - 26 February, 2010
If Video comes out free, would you give me $300?
Hooder2525 4:46 PM - 26 February, 2010
LOL
czar 5:01 PM - 26 February, 2010
most of the music videos out there are crap. yea there are plenty of good ones, but I have yet to find a good source of quality videos.. that is why I have concentrated more on music alone.. =/...
I1Kirm 6:35 PM - 26 February, 2010
kraal 8:21 AM - 28 February, 2010
i think if you are going to do video it should be more than just playing video juke box.... there are a lot more creative things to do with the combo of video and audio other than playing the video to a song which usally isnt as good as just listening to the song
czar 8:57 AM - 28 February, 2010
Quote:
i think if you are going to do video it should be more than just playing video juke box.... there are a lot more creative things to do with the combo of video and audio other than playing the video to a song which usally isnt as good as just listening to the song

+1 I think that many videos undermine the music part of songs. Video feature should be very broad to be useful and desirable as to give Serato/Itch an edge. We all know what VDJ can do and There is more as well as plug in that could be added, new video effects/ video transitions, video sampling. It is not as simple as it sounds if Serato would really want to be noticed. =)
I1Kirm 9:25 AM - 28 February, 2010
Quote:

+1

But if you really want to be creative with the video stuff (aka be a VJ) then you need totally different equipment than just a couple of decks with video playback abilities.
czar 10:35 AM - 28 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

+1

But if you really want to be creative with the video stuff (aka be a VJ) then you need totally different equipment than just a couple of decks with video playback abilities.

AKA more hardware. =0
kraal 3:16 PM - 28 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

AKA more hardware. =0

true but if it is an all out VJ solution you would need more hadware anyways right?
KLH 3:51 PM - 28 February, 2010
Quote:
+1 I think that many videos undermine the music part of songs.

+1; I'm too narcissistic to do video. It's all about
me. Video, IMHO, tends to turn the dancefloor into zombies and kills the room's energy. I've not seen video useded that highlights DJs mixing abilities.

-KLH
kraal 4:15 PM - 28 February, 2010
Quote:
I've not seen video useded that highlights DJs mixing abilities.

-KLH

it's out there

www.dj2ndnature.com
czar 4:36 PM - 28 February, 2010
stupid f'ing apple ahhhhh why cant u be like normal people and put videos up on youtube. what a
czar 4:37 PM - 28 February, 2010
kraal could u find a youtube link? thanks... if not its oka
kraal 4:46 PM - 28 February, 2010
yhe youyubes are filmed from the audience not the video screen so you really dont see the 'video mixing'
czar 4:49 PM - 28 February, 2010
no no i mean the actual video that requires the wonderful apple plug in or nothing. I mean why the guy didnt upload his video to youtube rather than use that plug in on his web site. I know its his choice but its a fail for me...
kraal 4:55 PM - 28 February, 2010
czar i know what you are asking it is just the youtubes are filmed from a distance so you cant see the screen....

here is a different mix by him tho
Watchwww.youtube.com
KLH 6:38 PM - 28 February, 2010
^ Great mixing. Videos are distracting - I just don't see how the video integration makes a DJ "better" than one that doesn't have video. I'd prefer to have effect lighting.

-KLH
kraal 6:44 PM - 28 February, 2010
Quote:
^ Great mixing. Videos are distracting - I just don't see how the video integration makes a DJ "better" than one that doesn't have video. I'd prefer to have effect lighting.

-KLH

i dont think 'better' is the word ... it is just 'different' a marketing point.... 'hey i can bring something different and cutting edge to your club' :)
czar 7:03 PM - 28 February, 2010
Quote:

i dont think 'better' is the word ... it is just 'different' a marketing point.... 'hey i can bring something different and cutting edge to your club' :)

lmao "I can make people stop dancing" hahahaha jokes aside videos are ok if used in moderation, sometimes I hear a song and think its super cool then I see the video for it and it terribly undermines the whole song so badly its a shame lol.
kraal 8:16 PM - 28 February, 2010
czar ---- i was going to add 'but i can't guarantee to bring guest' to my above quote....
lobboclub 2:20 PM - 1 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

-KLH

+1

+1
MusicDan 2:21 PM - 1 March, 2010
k_one 4:40 PM - 1 March, 2010
Quote:
Sampler and video at the same time!

+1
Dj Mo-Mo 8:47 PM - 1 March, 2010
I Want Video For ITCH!!! We Need It Bad!!!! Plug In Please.
DJ Cr8shun 10:14 PM - 1 March, 2010
Video is just like anything. If used correctly it can bring a whole new element to a set. People aren't going to stop dancing just to watch a video if your set is tight. On the other hand, someone chilling of to the side may just lock into the screen to see what your doing. Either way the patron is entertained.

I love to hear other DJ's out, and have caught myself being sucked in by the videos.
Mutis 6:24 PM - 1 May, 2011
Quote:
Beatgrid Itch = B*itch

Itch for breaking up with your girl = Ditch

Itch beta = Glitch

Itch for wedding DJ's = Hitch

Itch with a vintage appeal = Kitch

Itch for Baywatch main characters, hurricanes & deceased comedians = Mitch

Pro version Itch = Pitch

Pro version Itch kitchen utensil = Pitchfork

Itch for having the day off = Restich

Itch for informants/blabbermouths,squealers = Snitch