DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

2.0 tonight?

djemkay 10:38 PM - 13 February, 2010
Any one using 2.0 tonight at their gigs? i know its only in beta right now and could potentially crash but its awfully tempting. WHat do you think?
DJWALDO 10:43 PM - 13 February, 2010
used it 4 hours thursday night, 4.5 hours last night... not a problem... thats just me though
djemkay 10:47 PM - 13 February, 2010
yeah everyones differtn but i was wondering if other have already taken the risk and how it worked for them. Still contemplating wether to use it live
jbird 10:52 PM - 13 February, 2010
I used the 2.0 lastnight for about 2 in half hrs..... nottin went wrong. Everything ran soo smoothly
DJWALDO 10:54 PM - 13 February, 2010
i will probably run 1.9.2 tonight and for the forseeable future... i dont use effects at all... i dont have sl3, obviously no 68, and to be honest the screen looks like the fisher price version instead of scratch live...
Zero Day 2:21 AM - 14 February, 2010
yea the font looks like an un finished version of the software.
at first i thought "this is gotta be cuz they just workin everything out then they will clean up the font and way everything looks"
looks like a 1._ version
effects... weak.
glad they are there but much prefer my pio 500 without a doubt
2.0 only = 3 decks with sl 3 i just baught..
djemkay 7:28 AM - 14 February, 2010
yeah i have an sl3 and i decided to go with 2.0 tonight and it performed flawlessly no problems at all. Really worked perfect;y
aj5000 12:20 PM - 14 February, 2010
Rocked a 4.5 hour video set with zero problems. oh thou I think the video was off a little but? I'm not sure will test some more maƱana
Evil_banana 12:30 PM - 14 February, 2010
This is exactly the reason why we had to wait so long to get the beta
DJDeluchi 3:22 PM - 14 February, 2010
Quote:

LOL let them have there moment with the new toy dont bitch im happy testing at home till its stable but some ppl dont wanna wait let there mistakes provide us with a more reliable product i say
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:16 PM - 14 February, 2010
Spun all nite with the 2.0 Beta last night, it didn't crash but it did do some weird shit.

About 3 or 4 times, when loading a track - I wouldn't get waveform on some tracks, I had to pick the needle up and put it back down a few times before it appeared. I could see the time progressing on the track after I loaded but it was like the track wasn't there.

Also some of the saved loops that I have seem "choppier - not smooth" like they were in 1.9.2.

And I forgot to even mess with the Effects - DOH!
BERTO 5:41 PM - 14 February, 2010
just remember a specific file for a song or a loop or any little thing could trigger a bug/crash dont risk it just yet, you want to keep rockin serato's reputation as stable so use the stable version, good luck either way
SK1 5:52 PM - 14 February, 2010
I've been using it at home with no major problems, but still not using it at my gigs. The only time its ever crashed on me was when I was using the offline player.
DJ'Que 6:27 PM - 14 February, 2010
been a invite beta tester since november with 2.0 and I always look at a public beta pretty stable. With that being said I used it live Friday night for a 5hr video set, then again last night for a 5hr set again. But I'm also on a macbook pro.I had zero issues. But like I said I was beta testing it since nov. So when it came too the public I just said cool lets play.
aj5000 7:31 PM - 14 February, 2010
Quote:

why is that? Because people test/run beta live? Hell that's the reason why I ran it at my club last night! My club gets super hot so I wanted to see if I can make it crash. I always have a CDJ with a mix ready in case it fail and I know nobody would notice if it crash. But after doing video at my house all week with no problems. So I wasn't worried
There's nothing in 2.0 beta that I was stoked to use or couldn't wait to use at the club. I'm not saying for everybody to use it live. But if you can do it with out messing up your Dj set then why not.

People don't even have a clue how I mix video let alone that I'm using Serato so I'm sure nobody going to complain that serato is not stable
Dj 1/2 Pint 7:41 PM - 14 February, 2010
I've been using it on radio and club nites thur fri and sat with no problems at all works great
djianl 8:09 PM - 14 February, 2010
Thurs = 6 hours
Fri = 7 hours
Sat - 7 hours

Worked fine, no hiccups!
Zero Day 8:18 PM - 14 February, 2010
Quote:
Thurs = 6 hours
Fri = 7 hours
Sat - 7 hours

Worked fine, no hiccups!

somebody's stackin bread
aj5000 10:03 PM - 14 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Thurs = 6 hours
Fri = 7 hours
Sat - 7 hours

Worked fine, no hiccups!

somebody's stackin bread

LOL +1
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 11:03 PM - 14 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Thurs = 6 hours
Fri = 7 hours
Sat - 7 hours

Worked fine, had hiccups!

somebody's stackin bread

Read closer, he spins for just a drink tab and he had the hiccups from the booze...
j/k

Quote:
I always have a CDJ with a mix ready in case it fail and I know nobody would notice if it crash.

Basically, same here, dual CD deck built into the DJ booth right below my 4 channel mixer, If I crashed, push play, turn a knob to a different channel and I got sound in seconds. I was doing a smaller Bar that I have been spinning for years, not like I could be fired.

Next Saturday, I'm at a little bigger busier spot that I just started this year. May use 1.9.2 to be safe unless they drop a new PB 2.0 build.
DJ Awyse 11:06 PM - 14 February, 2010
No problems for 3 hours video set, although using SL3 the third deck would get screwed up here and there.
Dj Farhan 11:19 PM - 14 February, 2010
i did friday night for 4 straight hrs, awesome stuff
Dj Hype 11:38 PM - 14 February, 2010
Where is the beta to 2.0 located?
Marx&Villain 12:44 AM - 15 February, 2010
Quote:
Where is the beta to 2.0 located?

lol
As-One 12:54 AM - 15 February, 2010
yup, like 9 hours this weekend with 2.0 with ZERO issues. gotta love it.
spirez 1:33 AM - 15 February, 2010
I'm loving the library view! It's making me actually use my ears instead of my eyes to beatmatch again.
djemkay 6:35 AM - 15 February, 2010
Quote:
I'm loving the library view! It's making me actually use my ears instead of my eyes to beatmatch again.

+1
Z0nkers 6:42 AM - 15 February, 2010
lol..i dun get it. maybe cause ive been trained to do it by ear for son long.....but i cant mix or match a beat by the waveforms for the life of me anyways. only thiing i use the waveforms for is to see how close it is to the end of the song or when a break is coming up...the same way i did by looking at the vinyl closely with a lighter
djbanno 11:05 AM - 15 February, 2010
Quote:
lol..i dun get it. maybe cause ive been trained to do it by ear for son long.....but i cant mix or match a beat by the waveforms for the life of me anyways. only thiing i use the waveforms for is to see how close it is to the end of the song or when a break is coming up...the same way i did by looking at the vinyl closely with a lighter

Well said.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:57 PM - 15 February, 2010
^^^ You looked at Vinyl with a Lighter? Man that is Microwave - back then you looked at the position of the tone arm on the Vinyl and you just knew your records.

Actually I am guilty of looking at waveforms all the time, Serato is so sweet, that unlike Traktor - the multicolor waveforms gives you MORE INFO like drumbreaks, accapella passages, etc, It is actually better than looking at the cue breaks on Vinyl.

Fuck keeping it real, its there so I use it.
djdragon 3:34 PM - 15 February, 2010
I've been using it for weeks play out at my weekly spot. I've never had issues with the audio or EFX, the only glitches have been GUI related.

And if you look at most of the bug reports they seem to be GUI related also.
This could be the fact that the SSL 2.0 changes so much now depending on what hardware you have plugged in.
And that the soon to be Bridge and Abelton integration will also have new GUI's.
Logisticalstyles 9:38 PM - 15 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

why is that? Because people test/run beta live? Hell that's the reason why I ran it at my club last night! My club gets super hot so I wanted to see if I can make it crash. I always have a CDJ with a mix ready in case it fail and I know nobody would notice if it crash. But after doing video at my house all week with no problems. So I wasn't worried
There's nothing in 2.0 beta that I was stoked to use or couldn't wait to use at the club. I'm not saying for everybody to use it live. But if you can do it with out messing up your Dj set then why not.

People don't even have a clue how I mix video let alone that I'm using Serato so I'm sure nobody going to complain that serato is not stable

I think he was refering to the fact that there seem to be very few bugs in the public beta.
Logisticalstyles 9:38 PM - 15 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I think he was refering to the fact that there seem to be very few bugs in the public beta.
the_black_one 9:51 PM - 15 February, 2010
Quote:
^^^ You looked at Vinyl with a Lighter? Man that is Microwave - back then you looked at the position of the tone arm on the Vinyl and you just knew your records.

Actually I am guilty of looking at waveforms all the time, Serato is so sweet, that unlike Traktor - the multicolor waveforms gives you MORE INFO like drumbreaks, accapella passages, etc, It is actually better than looking at the cue breaks on Vinyl.

Fuck keeping it real, its there so I use it.

gotta love it....Watchwww.youtube.com