DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato 2.0 Announced too Early?

DJ Trixsta 3:53 PM - 9 February, 2010
It might just be me, but i think 2.0 Was announced to early, I agree with them holding back from releasing from public beta as their is alot of bugs, but maybe shouldnt have advertised it until it was actually neally ready.

This is torment lol! I come on here everyday check forums and nothing, torment watching everyone who ISNT a beta tester use it just because MAC Version is leaked.

Just my thoughts on this. what yall fink?
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:58 PM - 9 February, 2010
I dont think so, they announced it at a trade show thats where your supposed to reveal your upcomming products, not revealing it at NAMM would have been an epic faliure and the forums would have been ful of people bitching about how traktor or torq ect ect have new features but serato isnt doing any upgrades, prob would have had alot of negative heat on the trade sites like scratchworks too. Building buzz is great for busniess besides they prob didnt know how long the private beta would take when it was originally announced it was estimated to be in public beta the next week......i wouldnt dout that all the new forum users who created new profiles just to try and get the beta let them know theres alot of idiots out there who would use the public beta publicy and blame them when crazy shit happened so their private betaing it longer to fix more issues than intended
DJ Trixsta 4:02 PM - 9 February, 2010
Yeah suppose, i understand the need for building hype for the product. I just think its been made alot worse by Leakers, and people being too inpatient to wait for the public and go download the MAC Version.

About people creating new accounts that is very true, their have been various stupid comments and it really fucks me of when someone says "Whens V2.0 coming out" and its all over the forum.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:10 PM - 9 February, 2010
ya but i think that for most people who are at least kinda computer literate will understand the difference bwtween, if someone goes seratos 2.0 update sucks it crashed on me durring a gig, and you go wait its not released yet, and they say ya i found a bootleg copy on pirate bay
you know that there was probably some funky ish going on VS hey 2.0 Crashed my system, is 2.0 out, ya its on their website, wow they released fucked up software they suck

Like i said as far as the early announcement goes they didnt schedule NAMM and if your going to have something comming out thats where you want to do it at, its kinda like the mac keynote speech of the music world
DJ Trixsta 4:13 PM - 9 February, 2010
True true, i do want to get hold of it though.. SFX looks the shit. But i would proberley actually provide feedback.

When it does go Public Beta, il install it but keep 1.9.2
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:14 PM - 9 February, 2010
Just curious, how many people that read this thread will be using a beta on stage?
skratchworx 4:14 PM - 9 February, 2010
Not announcing v2 at NAMM would have been a whole lot worse. From a visibility point of view, they absolutely had to show something at the world's most watched DJ trade show. If anything, they shot their load too early with the partnership agreement.
DJ Trixsta 4:16 PM - 9 February, 2010
I wont be using it at a live gig, til it goes official. dont want to be mixing live and all of a sudden it freezes on me DJ's worst nightmare!!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:17 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
Just curious, how many people that read this thread will be using a beta on stage?

trust me theres no chance of me getting near a stage anytime soon with OR without the beta, so no worrys there
DJ Trixsta 4:18 PM - 9 February, 2010
Like i said, i will keep 1.9.2 for playing out, and 2.0 public beta. For home use and providing feedback on Bugs, thats why you provide us with beta so we can provide you with feedback
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:18 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
I wont be using it at a live gig, til it goes official. dont want to be mixing live and all of a sudden it freezes on me DJ's worst nightmare!!!

i plan on giggin out with 1.9 then when i trainwreck screaming DAMN 2.0 BETA DOSENT WORK RIGHT!!!!
DJ Trixsta 4:18 PM - 9 February, 2010
Like i said, i will keep 1.9.2 for playing out, and 2.0 public beta. For home use and providing feedback on Bugs, thats why you provide us with beta so we can provide you with feedback
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user_2.0 4:18 PM - 9 February, 2010
it's is on it a staple are a stage [soosage link remaved]
DJ Trixsta 4:20 PM - 9 February, 2010
you what? LOOOOOOL
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:24 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
providing feedback on Bugs, thats why you provide us with beta so we can provide you with feedback

Absolutely 100%. We look forward to all of the good feedback. We do this to make the most stable and reliable full release for everyone.

To all those wondering "how to get on the beta list", please take this wonderful opportunity to help all Scratch Live users by digging into this beta when it gets released. We are looking for clear and specific explinations of bugs and other oddities you find. Providing excellent trouble shooting and communication skills can make us take note of your work. It's those people we look to the next time.

So thanks to everyone for being so excited. This is def a step in a new direction and I'm personally super excited........ Although I haven't used it on stage either. 1.9.2 for that still :)
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:27 PM - 9 February, 2010
i dont see what the fascination is with getting in on the beta....i for one perfer to live in my fantasy world where SL is bulletproof and stable and dont want my reality being shattered with the knowledge gained from 1st hand expereience of errors, even if those errors will be fixed by me providing feedback of my experience
DJ Trixsta 4:30 PM - 9 February, 2010
Cheers for clearing that up mate, will definetly be providing Feedback!

Quick question tho, the BPM counter isit more accurate ive seen some videos where instead of it being for example 125 its 125.40?
DJ-SHUFFLE 4:33 PM - 9 February, 2010
twitter.com Look at th 3rd Message but iam not sure if its on the public beta i want your opinion.
DJ Trixsta 4:39 PM - 9 February, 2010
Public Beta isnt out yet bro??
DJ-SHUFFLE 4:45 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
Public Beta isnt out yet bro??

Nop Still Nothing. But this message intrigued me.
DJ Trixsta 4:46 PM - 9 February, 2010
anyone who reads this thread, check out my website and tell me what you think.

www.dj-trixsta.co.uk
everblazing 4:47 PM - 9 February, 2010
in mean time whats cooking . think am going get me some curry goat
DJ-SHUFFLE 4:51 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
anyone who reads this thread, check out my website and tell me what you think.

www.dj-trixsta.co.uk

Classy! maybe add some pictures.
DJ Trixsta 4:53 PM - 9 February, 2010
Cheers bro, yeah will do ive got 2 sets next week. im only young so do gigs where i can, been djing for about 3 years now!
DJ-SHUFFLE 5:03 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
Cheers bro, yeah will do ive got 2 sets next week. im only young so do gigs where i can, been djing for about 3 years now!

Nice bro. Take your time.
ta2423 5:28 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:

I will use it at the studio for a few weeks before going live with 2.0 just to make sure I see what bugs there may be with the set up I have. Im sure that after the first week of using it I will bring it live. There is cd-gay ooops j backups with sl1 just in case. So if it crashes I will just accapella Throw your hands up everybody with a lil jon YEEEEEAAAAH. while I scramble to get the "back up" up and running. Ha
DJ.Kommi 5:50 PM - 9 February, 2010
Lol, I Think 2.0 Must Fix The BPM Tag,Cause Many Song When You Load It,Will Give Us Wrong BPM, And Also Playlist Have Some Bug, and I Have Question To Ask : If Needles Is Dirty, Scratch Live Can Change To Int Mode Automaticly !Is A Good Idea Or Not??? Haha So ,If Can Give Me This 2.0 Beta,It Will be Prefect, Cause I Wanna Try.and May Be Will Find Some Bugs~~~Lol!

Also I Think That Sp6, i create cue point for All My samples, but next time when i use it, SL will Change cue point to start mode,If SL Can Fix This,Will Be easy
DJ.Kommi 5:51 PM - 9 February, 2010
Sorry My English Is Not Good,So Hope U Can Understand
Flipsta 6:25 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
dont want my reality being shattered with the knowledge gained from 1st hand expereience of errors, even if those errors will be fixed by me providing feedback of my experience

I sense your sarcasm my son...hehe. Its true though, beta testing can be tedious but the feedback is invaluable. I tested a few games(Planetside,WolfET, Matrix Online) and it def takes the fun out of "just" playing the game. Then again, its fun to have that exclusive access and direct contact to the dev's.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:27 PM - 9 February, 2010
lol im not being sarcastiv, if i tested a beta and ran into issues i would know they were there and i would be scared shitlesss playing live thinking it could happen there too
djcrap 6:29 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
i dont see what the fascination is with getting in on the beta....i for one perfer to live in my fantasy world where SL is bulletproof and stable and dont want my reality being shattered with the knowledge gained from 1st hand expereience of errors, even if those errors will be fixed by me providing feedback of my experience

sir! what ?

okay it's like having a hot chick you wanna date. but before you do all your home boys get to beta test her on a date and iron out all her imperfections to make her the perfect date for you. but before she's ready to go out on a date with you. your home boyz say they need some more dates with her she is not ready yet, you will be able to date her when she is ready. of course you will it will be driving your mind crazy wanting to beta test her too then get impatient and keep on asking when is she gonna be ready
Flipsta 6:30 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
lol im not being sarcastiv, if i tested a beta and ran into issues i would know they were there and i would be scared shitlesss playing live thinking it could happen there too

So Ignorance is bliss? ;)
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:33 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

So Ignorance is bliss? ;)

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!
ta2423 6:35 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

sir! what ?

okay it's like having a hot chick you wanna date. but before you do all your home boys get to beta test her on a date and iron out all her imperfections to make her the perfect date for you. but before she's ready to go out on a date with you. your home boyz say they need some more dates with her she is not ready yet, you will be able to date her when she is ready. of course you will it will be driving your mind crazy wanting to beta test her too then get impatient and keep on asking when is she gonna be ready

Tried that and she ended up gaining even more imperfections from my homeboys so I had to search for new product.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:35 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

sir! what ?

nah if your using this as a senario, my view would be BETA was a broke fat girl who caught crabs in highschool but got rid of it, lost weight and won the lottery and got a boob job .....i dont wanna know about all that nasty before me shit i just wanna bang out the hot clean piece im lookin at now
djcrap 6:42 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

sir! what ?

nah if your using this as a senario, my view would be BETA was a broke fat girl who caught crabs in highschool but got rid of it, lost weight and won the lottery and got a boob job .....i dont wanna know about all that nasty before me shit i just wanna bang out the hot clean piece im lookin at now

lmao that's a good one...lol
dj-freestyle 6:46 PM - 9 February, 2010
i was haveing a shitty day unitl bezzle made laugh as usual.
Flipsta 6:47 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
i was haveing a shitty day unitl bezzle
caught crabs in highschool but got rid of it, lost weight and won the lottery and got a boob job .....
dj-freestyle 6:49 PM - 9 February, 2010
wow, such hate, its like smacking a bitch for giggles.
Tunecrew 7:13 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:

i would probably use it - but i spin at home every night for a few hours that i'm not playing out anyway, so before doing so i would be giving it a reasonable beating to see if anything major freaks out...

having said that, frankly i have NEVER had any version of SSL crash on me

*knocks on wood so i don't goatmouth the ting*
rlaci 7:22 PM - 9 February, 2010
i thought a week before that i'm not in the beta crew.
1 week before i realised that i have one unread mail from serato and i'm invited to beta crew :D
so now i have to shut up, but there is a progress guys!!!!!!!!!!!! just wait patiently :P
DJChrisG 3:02 AM - 10 February, 2010
I would only use 2.0 at home.... 1.9.2 for Gigs...
djdragon 3:40 AM - 10 February, 2010
Quote:

I always have with Public Betas and never had issues.
Manny C dot com 3:47 AM - 10 February, 2010
For what it's worth, I'm a Mac user and I could easily get my hands on a leaked beta of 2.0 if I really wanted to. But frankly, I'd rather wait until the kinks are worked out and the release is official. I'm not interested in playing guinea pig.
DJUnknown 4:41 AM - 10 February, 2010
I got the mac leaked version too, but I am not using it, I at least need to know that they have worked out enough of the kinks. My time is valuable, I don't want to waste it stumbling over obvious bugs that should be fixed prior to public beta.
DJUnknown 4:44 AM - 10 February, 2010
Sorry that first line should read..."I have the mac leaked version but I am not using it". Didn't mean to imply that you had it, Manny.
DJUnknown 4:44 AM - 10 February, 2010
I got the mac leaked version too, but I am not using it, I at least need to know that they have worked out enough of the kinks. My time is valuable, I don't want to waste it stumbling over obvious bugs that should be fixed prior to public beta.
franko 6:20 AM - 10 February, 2010
WTF!!! been waiting 3 weeks! I set up my 3rd turntable and everthing! I'm going to give it one more day before install the leaked version. I mean its just crazy not to give us a release date and to keep pushing back the public beta. The rep at NAMM said it was going to be out within a week and that was almost a month ago!
djdragon 6:45 AM - 10 February, 2010
Quote:
The rep at NAMM said it was going to be out within a week and that was almost a month ago!

A week in NZ time. You got another month to wait I reckon LOL
baseline 8:50 AM - 10 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
The rep at NAMM said it was going to be out within a week and that was almost a month ago!

A week in NZ time. You got another month to wait I reckon LOL

Too true. And if you think that's bad, you're just lucky Serato isn't based in Fiji or Samoa. Island time is the worst!
Evin Kepik 10:26 AM - 10 February, 2010
I not late, I stay on Hawaiian time!

ep.yimg.com

It's true! (coming from someone who was born and raised there)
lil vito 10:29 AM - 10 February, 2010
Haha! The kiwis at serato said one week, so I started saving for the sixty eight... Knowing full well that the 6 months it will take me to save for it equals roughly 1 kiwi week.
I dunno why everyone is so upset... Their schedule should fit perfectly with mine... ;)
DJ Trixsta 11:52 AM - 10 February, 2010
Quote:

+111111111111
dj_soo 12:37 PM - 10 February, 2010
you guys are hilarious. It's been what, 3 weeks?

If serato announced a date, you'd be bitching when they inevitably have to postpone it, or bitching if was released with too many bugs.

I'd rather have a company actually ensure that the software is ready to be released than trying to force a product because of some arbitrary deadline.

But seriously tho, it's only been 3 weeks? Have you ever tried to follow a game made by Blizzard? The games are inevitably released a year after the announced date.
C. William 5:00 PM - 10 February, 2010
can't you guys work on something else while you wait for 2.0?
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:03 PM - 10 February, 2010
ive almost finished a paper mache lions head!!
DJ'Que 5:23 PM - 10 February, 2010
Quote:
WTF!!! been waiting 3 weeks! I set up my 3rd turntable and everthing! I'm going to give it one more day before install the leaked version. I mean its just crazy not to give us a release date and to keep pushing back the public beta. The rep at NAMM said it was going to be out within a week and that was almost a month ago!
why all the curseing. Just because they said it was go be released don't mean it has to be. I'm a beta tester and I can tell you that since they let in a few more people. Its been 20 more issue's that we weren't haveing at first. People don't listen and would get the beta and be playing it out at show's knowing its not stable. Look at the youtube fool that's using the leaked build 20024 and were doubling that build plus a few more. So just wait till the announce. It could be soon. Just be cool, and chill on the WTF. Trust me their working very hard. We keep posting all kinds of bugs from 1 build to another.
DjLogike 7:19 PM - 10 February, 2010
If there are so many fixes, they should had waited for MUSIKMESSE (March 24-27) to make the announcement. Anyway, it's easier to create more hype without the public beta release. So, I guess we may have to wait till mid MARCH for the public beta, and I really don't mind waiting till then and use this time to sell my old equipment.
DJWALDO 11:01 PM - 10 February, 2010
i used 1.9 beta in public.... never had an issue... plan to do the same with 2.0
i keep a back up ready either way.... i find that i get a lot more use out of any features playing in public
minnesotadj1 11:21 PM - 10 February, 2010
I have used a beta in a gig once. It was a short notice gig and did not really have time to switch back over. However, it did the job for 5 hours. 2.0 is hot commodity here on the forums and can't wait to try out myself especially with the effects........
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 11:54 PM - 10 February, 2010
I heard a rumor that 2.0 had gone public beta. Can anyone confirm?
djdragon 11:55 PM - 10 February, 2010
Yea read the forum www.scratchlive.net
Dj Farhan 11:55 PM - 10 February, 2010
Quote:

just heard it on another thread, i thought he was kidding..
Dj Farhan 11:57 PM - 10 February, 2010
its true:

www.serato.com
djdannyd 11:58 PM - 10 February, 2010
Quote:

steve it ain't true, unless you got some ultra secret information
the_black_one 12:09 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:

i want an avatar!!
DJ Trixsta 12:20 AM - 11 February, 2010
SERATO SCRATCH LIVE 2.0 IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Rane, Support
Chad S. 12:22 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

i want an avatar!!

yeah, how'd that happen?

I'm jealous now.
the_black_one 12:25 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i want an avatar!!

yeah, how'd that happen?

I'm jealous now.

Steve W is the creator of the Easter eggs!!!
Rane, Support
Chad S. 12:34 AM - 11 February, 2010
mwahahaahha, don't even get that train started ;0
DJ-SHUFFLE 12:38 AM - 11 February, 2010
yeahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Dj KraZ 12:44 AM - 11 February, 2010
Did anyone find any bugs yet? I would like to download but I'm afraid of if I download and dj tomorro night it will crash
BattleFunk 12:48 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:
Did anyone find any bugs yet? I would like to download but I'm afraid of if I download and dj tomorro night it will crash

ITS A BETA
Dj BuddyLove 12:49 AM - 11 February, 2010
ovecourse their will prob be some bugs lying around!!

but i must say the rane/serato team have been mad exterminators for the past 2 months
and must say im very pleased...

dont be scurd....
Dj BuddyLove 12:50 AM - 11 February, 2010
but i wouldnt suggest playing out live with it yet!!
Serato
James 12:50 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:

It's a beta - you should be testing it at home extensively first before even thinking about playing with it live!
djdragon 1:15 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

It's a beta - you should be testing it at home extensively first before even thinking about playing with it live!

I like feeding starving tigers fresh meat.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 1:17 AM - 11 February, 2010
The 2.0 public beta reset all the clocks in my house last night. I definitely wouldn't recommend using it at a gig.
sixxx 1:18 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:
The 2.0 public beta reset all the clocks in my house last night. I definitely wouldn't recommend using it at a gig.

lol
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 1:37 AM - 11 February, 2010
and now the water is going down the plug hole anti-clockwise. I'm going back to 1.9
the_black_one 1:45 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:
and now the water is going down the plug hole anti-clockwise. I'm going back to 1.9

did u back you scratch live folder? I hope you did!
2Cuchi 1:49 AM - 11 February, 2010
this is loco 2.0 waoooooooo
Dj BuddyLove 2:45 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:

HA!!
lil vito 2:57 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:

Haha!!!
THAT my friends explains the delay!!
It is exactly one week after NAMM according to all the clocks in Sams house!
Boom Tish!
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user_2.0 3:19 AM - 11 February, 2010
Is it's stills a free?
djdragon 3:22 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:
Is it's stills a free?

Nope, it's 3 NZ meat pies.
treeo730 3:24 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:

but i must say the rane/serato team have been mad exterminators for the past 2 months

dont be scurd....

True dat! Serato is one great company
baseline 3:26 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Is it's stills a free?

Kiwis do <3 their pies.
djdragon 3:34 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Is it's stills a free?

Kiwis do <3 their pies.

They kill for them www.3news.co.nz
DjLogike 3:49 AM - 11 February, 2010
Hmm... I should have kept my stupid opinion to myself. Now I cannot sell my equipment and I need them for practice. Anyway, happy that it is out...
Quote:
If there are so many fixes, they should had waited for MUSIKMESSE (March 24-27) to make the announcement. Anyway, it's easier to create more hype without the public beta release. So, I guess we may have to wait till mid MARCH for the public beta, and I really don't mind waiting till then and use this time to sell my old equipment.
Tunecrew 4:39 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:

maybe it could make the Blackcaps lose for a change? that's a beta I would pay for!!!
dj_soo 6:39 AM - 11 February, 2010
damn, I felt all special getting my private beta invite 2 days ago and they go public before i even get a chance to find some bugs :-\
C. William 7:57 AM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:
damn, I felt all special getting my private beta invite 2 days ago and they go public before i even get a chance to find some bugs :-\

..and this demonstrates why most of us use ssl...very few bugs...
GRiNDBoX 8:29 AM - 11 February, 2010
so its been out huh....no wonder i can see a lot of links outside sharing the 20035 release
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:46 PM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

dont be scurd....

WHO dat! Serato is one great company

damn right
Dj BuddyLove 6:40 PM - 11 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

dont be scurd....

WHO dat! Serato is one great company

damn right

YESSIR!!
dj-freestyle 6:59 PM - 11 February, 2010
love 2.0, to dope.
DjLogike 9:42 PM - 11 February, 2010
Serato 2.0, really a gr8 news for SL3 user, but not much for SL1. It would be really DOPE if another SL1 could be added to take advantage of 4 decks.

I request Serato developers have such a plan for this in SSL 2.1. Please raise support if you wish the same.
Hawk 10:56 PM - 11 February, 2010
Completely in love with 2.0. I'm a once-in-a-while DJ with no gig until April so I'm gonna love testing this out. I do a pre-recorded radio show so I'll test it out with that. No worries about a crash. I played with it for two hours this morning though and it was flawless on my 17 inch MacBook Pro. The effects were awesome and easy to control with my Akai midi-pad.
DjLogike 1:09 AM - 15 February, 2010
The effects are awesome, but I can have only two decks for my SL-1. So, I am planning to sell my 4-channel mixer with in-built effects for a simple 2-channel mixer.
Dj KraZ 4:50 PM - 13 May, 2010
Anybody notice something weird about the sample player? Everytime i try to drop a loop in there and switch it to a side it stops playing once you hit stop on the side it was originally playing from?
DJ-SHUFFLE 12:58 AM - 14 May, 2010
Quote:
Anybody notice something weird about the sample player? Everytime i try to drop a loop in there and switch it to a side it stops playing once you hit stop on the side it was originally playing from?

Yep........