Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Numark V7 or NS7

Dj Norro 3:59 AM - 7 February, 2010
I have a Vestax VCI-300, but i wanted to get a backup board which numark would you choose?
spazz 5:16 AM - 7 February, 2010
LMAO... Let me get this right, you're considering a heavy azz NS7 to be a backup to your lightweight VCI-300?

I tell you what. Answer my question then I'll answer yours. You see I have a Toyota Civic and I'm looking for a backup car to drive in case my Civic breaks down. I'm kinda stuck between getting a BMW 5 series or BMW 6 series. Which would you choose?

Sorry I couldn't help myself...
ontime1269 5:28 AM - 7 February, 2010
Spazz....you have a Toyota Civic?..........LOL

@DJ Norro: If I was in your situation I would get a V7. It is more cost effective than getting a NS7. But if you are considering a NS7, I would move the VCI to backup duty.
kraal 5:34 AM - 7 February, 2010
the v7 isnt as cost effective as it seems.... you need the v7 and a mixer plus probably a second v7 :) so i say get the ns7
spazz 5:46 AM - 7 February, 2010
Quote:
Spazz....you have a Toyota Civic?..........LOL...

ROFLMAO.... It's a one of kind collaboration between Toyota and Honda. That's why the Beamer would be a backup.
czar 12:15 PM - 7 February, 2010
Quote:

moron
raequan 12:52 PM - 7 February, 2010
lets get a lil background here first. DJ Norro was your vci your first setup?
Kmxorbit 1:53 PM - 7 February, 2010
Quote:

That's more like it. DJ Norro wants an opinion from us. Let's help him.

Here's is my opinion:
I own the VCI, and the NS7, and I still miss my pioneer DJM800 mixer. (which is taking dust at the moment)

I'm defenitely going to choose for 2 V7's and place them next to the DJM.
Reasons are obvious:
1 Broken V7 and you can still run 2 decks.
Multiple DJ's can switch during a gig on this system.
Built in effects control, which the NS7 lacks.
I need a club mixer instead of a battlemixer like the NS7 is.

I also believe the the V7 is the better deal here:
If you buy an Ns7 with NSFX, and then you spend about the same money than 2 V7's with a small analog battle mixer (like the NS7 actually is.)
But the V7's are much more flexible for multiple DJ's on the same setup, and can fit more mobile needs. (eg. if a mixer is in the club you just can bring 1 or 2 v7's and connect them.)
Well, at least that's what I think about it.
spazz 4:41 PM - 7 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

moron

Nice... Thanks for opening the door.

@Dj Norro
Seriously speaking, are you a mobile jock or are you DJing in a club?
raequan 5:36 PM - 7 February, 2010
i would grab a numark mix deck for backup. or the vestax spin.
kraal 6:04 PM - 7 February, 2010
a spin would not make a good back up
raequan 9:31 PM - 7 February, 2010
why not the term backup is what it is. my back up is a pc lappy with win amp. get it going while you make your original system going. why carry the extra weight it would not fit in my toyota civic hatch 2 seater.

what would bring as a backup
kraal 9:32 PM - 7 February, 2010
i would bring something that doesnt require a computer as a back up
spazz 9:35 PM - 7 February, 2010
That's my thinking too kraal. The laptop is a source of failure also.
OMAR@C52 9:21 PM - 8 February, 2010
look at this 799 for the V7, i don't know if you guys knew about the prices but here they are

www.bhphotovideo.com
jamster????? 3:30 AM - 9 February, 2010
Yeah they are the bomb but i just got my ns7's and i am going to wait a year so that
the V7 can mature
Dj Norro 4:19 AM - 9 February, 2010
I was going to use the VCI as the backup and the V7 as the main.

@raequan I went from a hercules mk2 to hercules rmx to the VCI. VCI is my main board.
nik39 8:28 PM - 9 February, 2010
Quote:
i am going to wait a year so that the V7 can mature

Since the V7's seem to be based on the NS7's I think you can be pretty sure that the V7 work already pretty well.
jamster????? 5:40 AM - 15 February, 2010
okay thinks, but should I get an imac 3.06 gigahertz to a macbook
jamster????? 5:43 AM - 15 February, 2010
A technician said that the imac 3.06 gigahertz core duo would be preferred over a macbook
and it would rock my ns7 and also the (v7 when i get one )
CAW 1:33 AM - 16 February, 2010
An iMac is massive overkill for Serato and a complete abomination when it comes to portability. A MacBook will run ITCH just fine. If you want to get extravagant, get a MacBook Pro.
kraal 1:35 AM - 16 February, 2010
Quote:
A technician said that the imac 3.06 gigahertz core duo would be preferred over a macbook
and it would rock my ns7 and also the (v7 when i get one )

the salesman where??
jamster????? 1:47 AM - 18 February, 2010
thanks Caw, but i'll wait until the new macbooks arrive, I am still using my intel core duo desktop with serato itch and USB Buffer on Latency ( 1 ) , vista 32 bit ,
and my amazing NS 7's. But I like using 512 mb of video ram and the mac book line
don't have them. Believe me when using different audio application 256 mb of
video ram does not cut it .
Bus it they have Imac I7 know for 2100 with a big wave display for serato while wee
jamster????? 1:58 AM - 18 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

That's more like it. DJ Norro wants an opinion from us. Let's help him.

Here's is my opinion:
I own the VCI, and the NS7, and I still miss my pioneer DJM800 mixer. (which is taking dust at the moment)

I'm defenitely going to choose for 2 V7's and place them next to the DJM.
Reasons are obvious:
1 Broken V7 and you can still run 2 decks.
Multiple DJ's can switch during a gig on this system.
Built in effects control, which the NS7 lacks.
I need a club mixer instead of a battlemixer like the NS7 is.

I also believe the the V7 is the better deal here:
If you buy an Ns7 with NSFX, and then you spend about the same money than 2 V7's with a small analog battle mixer (like the NS7 actually is.)
But the V7's are much more flexible for multiple DJ's on the same setup, and can fit more mobile needs. (eg. if a mixer is in the club you just can bring 1 or 2 v7's and connect them.)
Well, at least that's what I think about it.

its seem that the ns7 should not break down unless you are heavy on the platters or vibrating the metal case with your arm pressure. I can rock a club with the ns7 because i got skills you have have an ear for music or it is going to be off beat. Every body wants something new and digitally maxxed out. i can wait on the v7 because you can not find nothing so stable and portable as the ns7. Plus an 80 percent imulation of 1200's , Tell the grabbags bring their own ns7 because when i'm rocking they can't touch mine .
Money talk bull__it walks
jamster????? 2:05 AM - 18 February, 2010
Numark V7 or the NS7
I am true dj and ns7 came out first So be it, have it, NSFX it

Peace It turns into a battle mixer when you turn the xfader contour fully clockwise
1/2 vice verse it is still a club mixer.
lunaros 5:03 AM - 20 May, 2010
Dose anyone know if the NS7 is like a analogue mixer between two V7's or is the mixing being done in Itch and the mixer on the NS7 is just a controller? If the latter it seems the NS7 might be the better option. True digital mixing!
nik39 9:58 AM - 20 May, 2010
Quote:
is the mixing being done in Itch and the mixer on the NS7 is just a controller?

Correct.
DJDJ1 10:17 AM - 30 May, 2010
NS7 vs. V7's (BASIC COST COMPARISON)

NS7: $1,300
NS7FX: $200
NS7 CASE: $300
NUMARK LAPTOP STAND: $50

V7: $800X2= $1,600
NUMARK MIXER: $ 300 (APPRX)
3 CASES FOR 3 PIECES: $200X3= $600

NS7/NSFX W/CASE: $1,850
V7 SET-UP W/CASES: $2,550

V7 SET-UP: $700 MORE

Now the NS7 can do what a V7 "SET-UP" can do saving $700...WHY would anyone buy the V7 set-up ? You will have THREE pieces to deal with when on the road. I don't understand what the point is on "wasting" $700 more on a V7 set-up having to deal with THREE cases (two V7's and a mixer).

Any serious input on this matter ? I'm looking to buy.

Thx.
Kmxorbit 2:00 PM - 30 May, 2010
V7 set-up has certain advantages which in my personal situation is a solution

1) V7 set-up can run on every mixer (so your favourite mixer is still an option and the expandability of your own gear is not limited compared to the NS7)
2) V7 set-up can run 2 laptops at any time (making it more redundant)
3) V7 set-up is more compact / fit-able when you add it to pre installed gear in a club etc. where space can be too limited for the NS7
4) V7 has built in FX controller
5) V7 is even a better build quality then the already great build quality of the NS7

The advantage of using a separate mixer is indisputable. Itch does not have to mix internally so less processing power needed + Professional mixing tables do have better limiter/headroom control then the NS7.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, if you plan to play alone, and you know you're going to use own setup all the time, the NS7 is the best bang for the buck.

If you are planning to use a lot of other (people's) gear, even in very narrow DJ booths then the V7 is your best shot.

now you choose ;-)
kraal 4:24 PM - 30 May, 2010
main thing i see about the v7 is you can use a better mixer with effects so not need to use the built in itch ones
djcerla 4:25 PM - 30 May, 2010
Quote:
very narrow DJ booths

Word.

BTW having used a Xone 62 yesterday night with the V7s I already miss the NS7 EQ (WAY more powerful) and crossfader (Penny&Giles my ass, Numark's one is so much better).
kraal 4:30 PM - 30 May, 2010
Quote:
[, Numark's one is so much better).

wow that is interesting... i like my vci-300 crossfader better than the ns7's on reason why i still havent purchased an ns7 for myself
djcerla 4:34 PM - 30 May, 2010
Yes, the VCI fader is great. But the Xone 62 definitely doesn't cut fast enough, even with the scratch contour selected.
kraal 4:41 PM - 30 May, 2010
Quote:
Yes, the VCI fader is great. But the Xone 62 definitely doesn't cut fast enough, even with the scratch contour selected.

got ya ... isnt it interesting how this relatively small community is a big resource for making future purchase decisions ?
Kmxorbit 7:34 PM - 30 May, 2010
Quote:
isnt it interesting how this relatively small community is a big resource for making future purchase decisions ?

Yes it is. I learned a lot from all the colleagues here, since I read this forum.

Quote:
BTW having used a Xone 62 yesterday night with the V7s I already miss the NS7 EQ (WAY more powerful) and crossfader (Penny&Giles my ass, Numark's one is so much better).

I don't like the A&H mixers. On every model there is always something not logic. and on every model it's something different
KLH 2:27 AM - 31 May, 2010
I came from CDJ-800s and a DJM-600 to the NS7. I don't miss the CDJs at all and there are only two things that I miss from the DJM-600:

* Sampler (!)
* Talkover button (which muted all fader sources by 10db so that the Mic can be heard)

Both of these features can be done in ITCH, so I hope that Serato will bring 'em out eventually.

Seriously though, I love my NS7 and have done a LOT of events with it. It's always brought OOOOOOOs ands AAAHHHHs from the crowd. While that's important, the key is that NS7 and ITCH have never left me hanging.

I can't imagine going back to just CDJs now. Doing so seems like it'd be such a step backwards.

-KLH
Kmxorbit 6:52 AM - 31 May, 2010
Quote:
I can't imagine going back to just CDJs now. Doing so seems like it'd be such a step backwards.-KLH

Question here was NS7 or V7. I can't imagine going back to CDJ's either, but the return to the DJM800 mixer was not a problem for me... ^^
So personally: V7 for the win!
DJDJ1 10:06 AM - 31 May, 2010
Thanks all for your input in relation to my question about the cost/feature comparison of V7's vs. NS7.

In choosing a mixer for the V7's, what do you guys think about the new Numark X5 Mixer (looks like a newer Numark DXMPRO) that's coming out ?

Numark X5 (2-channel mixer) w/2 V7's to start with ?

www.numark.com (forward slash>X5)

Thanks again for the input !
kraal 3:37 PM - 31 May, 2010
you know i was looking at that mixer the other day when seeing what set up i wanted a futre client to purchase for me
Subdriven 3:43 PM - 31 May, 2010
Quote:
when seeing what set up i wanted a futre client to purchase for me

I want your job.. lol
Subdriven 3:46 PM - 31 May, 2010
I have the NS7 right now and love it for home use and if I'm playing by my self. But I am really looking at the V7's to be able to go to events and shows that I know there are many Dj's. This way I can bring my gear and just jack into what ever mixer is already setup. Easier to carry just those 2 smaller cases and less load on the computer so I can turn down my latency. Effects run straight off the mixer always seems to be easier to use for me.
kraal 3:57 PM - 31 May, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
when seeing what set up i wanted a futre client to purchase for me

I want your job.. lol

i just got one of those right time right place things going on right now... they needed music edited for a touring show and when i showed up at rehearsal for the with my vci-300 to get timing right the decided to re write the show and put a dj in it
KLH 5:41 PM - 31 May, 2010
Quote:
they needed music edited for a touring show and when i showed up at rehearsal for the with my vci-300 to get timing right the decided to re write the show and put a dj in it

Everything is better if you stick a DJ in it! Hey Kraal ("wassup"), give me one of those funky azz basslines...

-KLH
DJ dVO 12:48 AM - 1 June, 2010
You people just want an excuse to spend! :)

Other than the need for a 4-channel mixer to handle multiple DJs, there isn't a need to switch out the NS7..
Subdriven 12:51 AM - 1 June, 2010
are you sure that the person after you isn't ever using vinyl?? or cdj's?? or tracktor on a VCI?
kraal 1:39 AM - 1 June, 2010
Quote:
You people just want an excuse to spend! :)

Other than the need for a 4-channel mixer to handle multiple DJs, there isn't a need to switch out the NS7..

yes there is there are ton better mixers than the one that comes on the ns7
packing portability small boxes are better than one long one. the effects are included on the actual deck.... and i can go on
wadup 2:39 AM - 1 June, 2010
and as stated many times, and i think its the best feature.. 1 v7 can control both decks in itch, so if u have 2 v7 it back itself up if one fails.
czar 3:33 AM - 1 June, 2010
im personally about to try Traktor to see what's up. I will let you know how that goes. good thing is the NS7 is a midi controller =] I need my Itch to do 4 channels!
kraal 3:35 AM - 1 June, 2010
Quote:
im personally about to try Traktor to see what's up. I will let you know how that goes. good thing is the NS7 is a midi controller =] I need my Itch to do 4 channels!

i have traktor and do see a need for 4 channels... its one of those things that seems neet to have but i doubt i would actually use it
czar 3:40 AM - 1 June, 2010
I think it should be left to the user to choose to mix 4 decks with just the NS7 or go X7 V7's (watery mouth) =D set.
DjChino3 10:54 AM - 20 June, 2010
everyone is bringing up valid points and I too was contemplating making a switch from the NS7 & NSFX to SSL, CDJ-2000's or V7's & a DJM-800. I see a need for more than 2 channels (in Itch) and more effects like those in the DJM 800. I know Traktor was an option also, but last I checked, it wasn't fully compatible with the NS7. Is this still the case?

As far as the NS7 versus the V7, (i know i'm not helping) it's more of a personal preference thing. Everyone's situation is different. I share duties with another Dj and we both have NS7's in cases. In my current situation, we'd benefit from the V7/DJM 800 configuration for easy switching. But I can't see dropping another $2,500-$3,500+ on a different setup.
djcerla 12:52 PM - 20 June, 2010
Hi chino,

I've decided to keep both the NS7 and the V7s and use them according to the situation/location. If you must choose one setup, go for the V7s for greater flexibility.
monogee 1:22 PM - 20 June, 2010
Man, I just jumped out the window last night and ordered 2 Numark V7. Hope I won't be disappointed. Got a sale price on 'em too. :)
kraal 4:40 PM - 20 June, 2010
see i am getting the ns7 cause i dont see a point in the v7's quite yet. maybe if i already owned a mixer but for the price of a v7 set up i would rather get a turntable set up. The ease of set up is the reason i would get the ns7. you lose that with the v7's and to get postfader effects you would need to get a mixer with effects thus making the built in effects on the ns7 redundant and an expense i would not pay for.... just my thoughts nothing more nothing less
DJ dVO 12:35 AM - 21 June, 2010
I am sticking to the NS7 until a very long time, or until NS7 v2 comes out (finger crossed). In the mean time I hope to reduce the weight with this soft case www.americanmusical.com
monogee 12:52 AM - 21 June, 2010
Man, why did I just order the Rane TTM56S to go with the (2) V7's I ordered.
kraal 12:54 AM - 21 June, 2010
Quote:
Man, why did I just order the Rane TTM56S to go with the (2) V7's I ordered.

what are you saying?
monogee 1:47 AM - 21 June, 2010
Mad money being spent, LOL.
Kmxorbit 10:44 PM - 21 June, 2010
You'll not regret it. I own ns7 and v7's with mixer. For me it's v7 for several reasons.
It is redundant, switchable for multiple dj's, non mirrored lay out ( unlike the ns7), even a better build quality then the ns7 + it is better useable in narrow dj boots then the ns7.
You didn't waste money. In fact you made the better professional choice
kraal 2:46 AM - 22 June, 2010
Quote:
In fact you made the better professional choice

i would say
In fact you made the better PERSONAL choice.

sorry i really dont like the my gear is more professional than yours... gear isnt professional the dj is
Cid K 3:13 AM - 22 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
In fact you made the better professional choice

i would say
In fact you made the better PERSONAL choice.

sorry i really dont like the my gear is more professional than yours... gear isnt professional the dj is

AMEN to that, well said Kraal!
djcerla 9:55 AM - 22 June, 2010
Quote:
gear isnt professional the dj is

This is a very true statement.

However, perception is a totally different matter. For example, I have a friend that shoots videos at weddings; he says clients are much happier with his bulky standard-definition XL-2 camera than with his much smaller, hi-definition one, which happens to have very good optics, too.

For the third time in a row, I've heard people (owners and audio technicians) claiming that the my V7s are "wow... this is professional" over the NS7. I think the reason has to be found in the similarity in size/shape with industry standards (thus, "professional" gear) like the CDJ-1000 and the Technics 1210. Pure human psychology at work.

On a more objective basis, the V7s are more redundant than an all-in-one (if one breaks, the other one is a perfect backup), and redundancy is often tied with "professional" gear.
djcerla 9:59 AM - 22 June, 2010
On a side note, last week DJ Motiv8 from the Black Eyed Peas was playing in my city with a couple of V7s.
kraal 4:11 PM - 22 June, 2010
Quote:
On a side note, last week DJ Motiv8 from the Black Eyed Peas was playing in my city with a couple of V7s.

right he also uses a vci-300 at times too.
kraal 4:22 PM - 22 June, 2010
Quote:

On a more objective basis, the V7s are more redundant than an all-in-one (if one breaks, the other one is a perfect backup), and redundancy is often tied with "professional" gear.

the turntable and mixer is far from redundant and it is considered professional. unless you have 2 laptops and two mixers the v7 is not completely redundant..... it is based on perception. whose perception? most people that claim one piece of gear is more professional that the other is based on ignorance not actual knowledge. i mean does a club owner really know that you can use one v7 if the second one goes down?

just rambling here but want people to think about getting the gear that will WORK for them not based on looks and perception
Cid K 4:36 PM - 22 June, 2010
That's one reason why i got a DX, looked at all possibilities and check what was best for my needs and then made my choice.

Plus who cares what others think about "Your" gear, it's not a Beauty Pageant or is it ?

I say, go try out what ever gear you want, rent it for a few day's if possible and then make up your choice based on your own experience.
Kmxorbit 10:03 PM - 22 June, 2010
You people are twisting my words. I was referring to the possibilities of the V7's. They are very versatile and can be used in a lot more combinations/situations compared with the ns7. I never stated that the ns7 isn't professional nor that if you use an ns7 you would be less "pro" then a v7 user. Everybody knows that gear doesn't make a dj.
I guess i didn't make this clear in my writing, but english isn't my main language. Hope it's clear now...
monogee 11:31 PM - 26 June, 2010
Finally got my setup:

[IMG]i104.photobucket.com[/IMG]
Cid K 12:07 AM - 27 June, 2010
Noice Setup :-D
jamster????? 12:27 AM - 27 June, 2010
Point blank the ns7 is better than the V7, Battle Style
But the V7 is a little more superior at present because it is an upgrade of the NS7
With effects and additionally, digital outs and some more filmed stuff.
Nice setup monogee. I like to have 2 ns7’S, one for backup and also a set of v7s
We all know that no other miniature setup can perform the way these tables perform.

Technique ly, real:

Jamster,
Ragman 4:28 AM - 27 June, 2010
That's nice monogee. What do you think of the V7s at this point?
monogee 4:35 AM - 27 June, 2010
I'm ready to sell my Technics 1200's, LMAO.
Ragman 7:13 AM - 27 June, 2010
Yeh I know what u mean. I felt the same way. These babies are the real deal.
swif 5:01 PM - 27 June, 2010
Quote:

Now the NS7 can do what a V7 "SET-UP" can do saving $700...WHY would anyone buy the V7 set-up ? You will have THREE pieces to deal with when on the road. I don't understand what the point is on "wasting" $700 more on a V7 set-up having to deal with THREE cases (two V7's and a mixer).

Thx.

I just paid $ 479. for a v7 so your price is way off,and that was at GC
kraal 5:06 PM - 27 June, 2010
guitar center price for a v7 is 749 you either got a deal or a refurbished one
swif 5:08 PM - 27 June, 2010
They were on sale for $699. and I got 20% off for fathers day, it wasn't a very well advertised sale they also had ns7's for $1049.
swif 5:09 PM - 27 June, 2010
It was $599. not 699.
kraal 5:19 PM - 27 June, 2010
Quote:
They were on sale for $699. and I got 20% off for fathers day, it wasn't a very well advertised sale they also had ns7's for $1049.

yes true... but unless the sale is on the above figures are correct
damehype 11:22 PM - 30 June, 2010
V7 is $599 now at American Musical Supply and 4th of July promo drops an additional 15%.
damehype 11:26 PM - 30 June, 2010
To clarify, 15% off is on a pair of V7s. Single V7 will net you 10% off.
damehype 11:27 PM - 30 June, 2010
is wondering why Numark is dropping the price on these babies so soon. Are they not selling well?
jamster????? 11:30 PM - 30 June, 2010
i told yall the ns7's are the best

peace

battle dj jamster
jamster????? 11:31 PM - 30 June, 2010
Quote:
is wondering why Numark is dropping the price on these babies so soon. Are they not selling well?

i told yall the ns7's are the best with 3 year warranty

peace

battle dj jamster
jamster????? 11:35 PM - 30 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Thx.

I just paid $ 479. for a v7 so your price is way off,and that was at GC

dj jamster is to the rescue

point blank the v7 is an upgrade with an 3 year warranty and plus it has
a nice digital output and also it does other stuff and also pretty much

you can add a mixer of your choice
for those who want luxury in a mixer

and if you throw a gig it is the same as the ns7 as long a you put it in a sturdy
travel case with ventilation

yours truly

dj jamster
monogee 12:17 AM - 1 July, 2010
Good Looking Damehype. I just called American Musical Supply and used their Price Drop Policy. I just bought my V7's last week for $644.00 each. They are refunding me the difference.
swif 12:53 AM - 1 July, 2010
I always thought they were over priced @$799 and @$599 is more inline with where they should be.
Ragman 4:44 AM - 1 July, 2010
Quote:

Thx.

Your formula is kinda one-sided. You're not taking in consideration that many DJs already have an existing CDJ system. The V7 is the same size as most CDJs so if you already have mixer and coffin, you're just doing a deck upgrade. That makes the V7s a more cheaper alternative. Basically the V7 gives you options, whereas the NS7 is not as accommodating. But thank goodness the NS7 was built with some thought so many DJs are fine with the overall product.
djcerla 8:16 AM - 1 July, 2010
Get both.

This way, you're protected from downtimes in case one unit should fail and be sent for repairs (it takes several days). In the unlikely, Murphy's Law scenario that not one, but TWO units fail, you can still perform and get the job done without taking out that dreaded CD case.

Also, you have the flexibility needed in case of small DJ booths. All in all, a very professional choice.
Ragman 9:25 PM - 2 July, 2010
I sold my NS7 to get the V7s but I think I might be taking your advice Cerla.
damehype 5:39 PM - 3 July, 2010
Quote:

Just get a VCI-300 if you're that concerned. Cheaper, smaller. I also sold my NS7, but currently keeping my VCI. Can't justify NS7 and V7. Just my opinion...
djcerla 5:54 PM - 3 July, 2010
The VCI-300 is off topic here. BTW I also kept my VCI-300, FYI.
damehype 6:18 PM - 3 July, 2010
Not off topic at all considering the OP has a VCI-300 and was asking advice about whether his next purchase should be the NS7 or V7 (while keeping his VCI as a backup). But I was directing my comment to Ragman. I know you've kept all three. But in his case, it wouldn't make sense to repurchase an NS7, unless he just has money to blow.
damehype 6:26 PM - 3 July, 2010
To clarify, I was advising Ragman to get a VCI along with his V7s, not to replace the V7s. I sold my NS7 to get two V7s but I still have my VCI. Wanted to sell it but can't seem to part with it. I see too many applications where it is more convenient to bring the VCI so I may just keep it.
djcerla 6:54 PM - 3 July, 2010
Yes I feel the same about the VCI... Like an ex-gf you like to dine with from time to time :-)
kraal 7:17 PM - 3 July, 2010
Quote:
Yes I feel the same about the VCI... Like an ex-gf you like to dine with from time to time :-)

your analogies are always top notch :)
Ragman 9:23 PM - 3 July, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Just get a VCI-300 if you're that concerned. Cheaper, smaller. I also sold my NS7, but currently keeping my VCI. Can't justify NS7 and V7. Just my opinion...

Since my last comment I've thought about the VCI-300 also. You're right, from a practicality standpoint it does make more sense to go with a 300 as backup. Just something about spinning platters that get my attention. ;-)
Maskrider 9:21 PM - 4 July, 2010
I'm having problems with small booths so VCI300 is almost perfect if it had a lot of efx like the SL.
DJ dVO 3:26 AM - 5 July, 2010
For all you folks who bought the V7 + mixer, the new CDJ2000-SSL compatibility release make your set up a thing in the past!

A new killer set up:

2 x CDJ-2000 + SIXTY EIGHT mixer

Thoughts?
www.skratchworx.com
swif 3:40 AM - 5 July, 2010
Quote:
For all you folks who bought the V7 + mixer, the new CDJ2000-SSL compatibility release make your set up a thing in the past!

A new killer set up:

Thoughts?
www.skratchworx.com

how so cdj's do not have spinning platters which is why people bye the v7's.
Ragman 5:40 AM - 5 July, 2010
Quote:

A new killer set up:

Thoughts?
www.skratchworx.com

Way to expensive for mobile DJs. And said like above, there's that spinning platter thing that a lot of DJs really like.
Panotaker 4:29 PM - 5 July, 2010
2 x CDJ-2000 + SIXTY EIGHT mixer minus no spinning platters = $6400
NS7 = $1300
2 x V7 + any $500 mixer = $2000
Any questions?
Kmxorbit 9:04 PM - 5 July, 2010
2 things that I start to feel:
1) a new brand will be standard in the DJ industry if I see this... and it's called "apple macbook pro"
2) i also feel like you need to be more an IT wiz-kid then a dj lately to get all the features working...
Ragman 10:46 PM - 5 July, 2010
Quote:
2 x CDJ-2000 + SIXTY EIGHT mixer minus no spinning platters = $6400
NS7 = $1300
2 x V7 + any $500 mixer = $2000
Any questions?

Minor correction:
2 x V7 + any $500 mixer = $1700

You can get the V7 for $599 now.
marcA 12:06 PM - 6 July, 2010
Quote:

2) i also feel like you need to be more an IT wiz-kid then a dj lately to get all the features working...

you can always count on me :)
DjChino3 6:39 PM - 8 July, 2010
the V7's are listed here at sam ash for $599

www.samash.com
jamster????? 1:34 AM - 11 July, 2010
Quote:
the V7's are listed here at sam ash for $599

www.samash.com

cool and better get a 3 year warranty
jamster????? 1:52 AM - 11 July, 2010
Quote:
2 things that I start to feel:
1) a new brand will be standard in the DJ industry if I see this... and it's called "apple macbook pro"

but still the ns7 and v7 get down check it out

vids.myspace.com
djdomm971 7:41 AM - 12 July, 2010
moi je dis v7 car une v7 + une djm de chez pioneer pour les effet suffit et reviens moins cher qu'une ns7 + NS7FX
jamster????? 9:44 PM - 12 July, 2010
Quote:
moi je dis v7 car une v7 + une djm de chez pioneer pour les effet suffit et reviens moins cher qu'une ns7 + NS7FX

what are you translating

I only can understand english

dj jam m
KLH 1:52 AM - 14 July, 2010
Quote:

High school french, don't fail me now (*Ahem*)

For me, I say (go with the) V7 because a V7 with a Pioneer DJM mixer with effects are great and costs less than a NS7 with the NSFX.

-KLH
yeahdef 6:37 PM - 14 July, 2010
Quote:

For me, I say (go with the) V7 because a V7 with a Pioneer DJM mixer with effects are great and costs less than a NS7 with the NSFX.

agreed - this is what I use, and it's the greatest setup I've ever owned.
kraal 6:48 PM - 14 July, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

agreed - this is what I use, and it's the greatest setup I've ever owned.

my issue with the v7 is to get a external mixer i might as well use SSL to get the greater benefits of the software.... maybe in 5 years when ITCH is feature for feature compatible it will make since :)
Kmxorbit 8:45 PM - 14 July, 2010
Quote:
my issue with the v7 is to get a external mixer i might as well use SSL to get the greater benefits of the software.... maybe in 5 years when ITCH is feature for feature compatible it will make since :)

I can tell i feel much more comfortable on V7/external mixer setup then on the SSL/Vinyl-CD control system/external mixer setup.
The 1to1 idea on the v7 just make more sense, even when itch does not have that much featues then ssl.
wadup 9:17 PM - 14 July, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I can tell i feel much more comfortable on V7/external mixer setup then on the SSL/Vinyl-CD control system/external mixer setup.
The 1to1 idea on the v7 just make more sense, even when itch does not have that much featues then ssl.

Honestly at this point in time SSL does not have that much over itch.. and i believe with the 2.0 release (video, sampler, smart crate....plus many more :) ,later this year, there's going to be alot of bangwagon dj's.
zaguama 10:37 PM - 14 July, 2010
Things look very interesting for the new SSL and CDJs 2000 but wayyyyyyy too expensive, if its a new setup you need to buy the SSL setup (doesnt work without Rane plugged in) + mixer + 2 CDJ 2000 + computer, definitely for a high profile club, thats of course if you want 2 decks and not 4 decks :|| but at least this new features might push more CDJ 2000 sales because at least in my country there's no club yet with CDJs 2000.
kraal 12:24 AM - 15 July, 2010
wadup and KMXO)RBIT points noted. I AM waiting for 2.0 to make a decision
DjChino3 2:59 PM - 18 July, 2010
does anyone know if we are close to a 2.0 release?
kraal 4:27 PM - 18 July, 2010
anyone know if the x7 is out yet... cause then i would say the v7s and the x7 mixer
swif 8:30 PM - 18 July, 2010
Numark says no with no release date set, but you can pre order and wait.
kraal 9:09 PM - 18 July, 2010
Quote:
Numark says no with no release date set, but you can pre order and wait.

yeah i just want a review of the onboard effects before i make a choice ;)
Maskrider 7:46 AM - 19 July, 2010
Decision 2.0 This might be the turning point for ITCH users.
swif 3:27 PM - 19 July, 2010
Why is 2.0 such a deaL breaker
jamster????? 1:48 AM - 11 August, 2010
Quote:
does anyone know if we are close to a 2.0 release?

don't know ,but why is the v7 500.99 dollars
i am still getting down with the ns7

Watchwww.youtube.com

should i get a v7 know
kraal 2:10 AM - 11 August, 2010
Quote:

should i get a v7 know

no you should not
swif 2:16 AM - 11 August, 2010
your not gonna gain much by switching
KLH 2:53 AM - 11 August, 2010
You'd lose recording in ITCH, effects on master out (via NSFX or VFX-1), and kills on EQ (most mixers don't have true kills).

-KLH
jamster????? 5:26 AM - 11 August, 2010
thanks

Watchwww.youtube.com

in high definition
jamster????? 5:29 AM - 11 August, 2010
Quote:
You'd lose recording in ITCH, effects on master out (via NSFX or VFX-1), and kills on EQ (most mixers don't have true kills).

-KLH[l/quote]

okay thanks but i have perfect recordings in itch with my set.

you know itch latency is really cool and better than virtual d_
nik39 11:43 AM - 11 August, 2010
Quote:
thanks

Watchwww.youtube.com

in high definition

No offense... but that was a boring video :-(
marcA 1:34 PM - 11 August, 2010
LOL
nik39 2:02 PM - 11 August, 2010
Getting high is important nowadays with all the troubles the world is facing. ;)
marcA 2:19 PM - 11 August, 2010
seeing the vid, he's getting high on his own supply :)
nik39 2:30 PM - 11 August, 2010
Dopeman.. erhm, I mean dope, man!
kraal 2:36 PM - 11 August, 2010
yall getting siller than that mirror effect
dj motiv8 10:09 AM - 24 August, 2010
Hi guys ,yes i was using Itch for about 2 years. i went over to the Numark Ns7 about a year ago. now i use Numark V7's with the Serato mixer.i wanted to get the Numark X5 BUT ITS TAKEN TOO LONG TO RELEASE(NUMARK). i would recommend any one of the 3 devices. i like the V7 coz i can carry them on the airplane.Since april i have had 2 NS7,one distroyed by the airplane handlers and the other just sits in my studio. i like the NS7 the most but its just not road ready. i like the spinning platter and the 7' vinyls.it gives me the feel of 1200's,with the dang tonearm getting in the way. the big bonus is there is a way you can cheat the V7 into controlling serato scratch.
Maskrider 5:13 PM - 24 August, 2010
Somebody posted a video on how to control SL with a V7....Now if I can only find the Video...lol
kraal 5:18 PM - 24 August, 2010
Quote:
Somebody posted a video on how to control SL with a V7....Now if I can only find the Video...lol

its a mess
Dj cuervo 5:45 PM - 24 August, 2010
You just need to run both programs at the same time. Run your output from V7 into the rane57 mixer inputs. Rip the control signal from the CD to mp3. Load into itch and you will be able to control SSL with the V7. loops and cue point will work also. Only thing dont use master tempo in itch. You will be fine.
nik39 6:21 PM - 24 August, 2010
Quote:
Only thing dont use master tempo in itch. You will be fine.

... and no FX. Crippled Itch.
Eric N 7:00 PM - 24 August, 2010
But you have the FX in SSL. So not really crippled.
nik39 7:08 PM - 24 August, 2010
That's a good point.

But... With Itch devices you can control the FX by using the dedicated hardware and the 1-to-1 mapping. That is broken then.
Ken L. Jones 2:58 AM - 25 August, 2010
Quote:
Hi guys ,yes i was using Itch for about 2 years. i went over to the Numark Ns7 about a year ago. now i use Numark V7's with the Serato mixer.i wanted to get the Numark X5 BUT ITS TAKEN TOO LONG TO RELEASE(NUMARK). i would recommend any one of the 3 devices. i like the V7 coz i can carry them on the airplane.Since april i have had 2 NS7,one distroyed by the airplane handlers and the other just sits in my studio. i like the NS7 the most but its just not road ready. i like the spinning platter and the 7' vinyls.it gives me the feel of 1200's,with the dang tonearm getting in the way. the big bonus is there is a way you can cheat the V7 into controlling serato scratch.

So you've had 2 NS7s, plus V7's.. some serious loot boss
djcerla 7:29 AM - 25 August, 2010
A warm welcome to DJ motiv8 from the Black Eyed Peas on ITCH forum!
dj motiv8 1:16 PM - 25 August, 2010
Thank you young ninja,DjCeria. here's a way to use the v7's with serato TTM 57SL
1) get your serato Timecode CD,
2) copy the timecoded track to your desk top.
3) Launch Itch
4) load the timecode on decks.
5)launch Serato,add a song to the decks and there you have it.
on the mixer turn the knobs until you here the sounds.
put the itch timescoded tracks in continuous loop mode. i found this to be useful. i'm thinking about trying it at my show in Houston,but i might chicken out. its not perfect. DONT TOUCH THE STRIP SEARCH THOUGH. it hates that.
you can midi map mostfeatures on the V7's -serato . lil cheap thrill.
Ragman 1:55 PM - 25 August, 2010
motiv8 is there noticeable delay?
yeahdef 2:54 PM - 25 August, 2010
Quote:
DONT TOUCH THE STRIP SEARCH THOUGH. it hates that.

main reason I don't use this out either.
V7s would seriously benefit from some timecode hybrid mode so we can eliminate the double program juggling.
Strip Search is too rad not to make use of.

Quote:

nope - it's just like cdjs or any other timecode.
damehype 3:06 PM - 25 August, 2010
Motiv8, when are you guys coming to Houston? Might check it out. Missed last time you were here.
kraal 3:07 PM - 25 August, 2010
Quote:

V7s would seriously benefit from some timecode hybrid mode so we can eliminate the double program juggling.

or get up to speed with all the missing features in itch compared to ssl
Ragman 4:14 PM - 25 August, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

nope - it's just like cdjs or any other timecode.

Cool. Thanx yeahdef ...
damehype 4:32 PM - 25 August, 2010
Quote:
Motiv8, when are you guys coming to Houston? Might check it out. Missed last time you were here.

NVM, I see you're gonna be at Reign. May stop through
dj motiv8 6:06 AM - 26 August, 2010
there is no time delay at all. its amazingly accurate. i was baffled. TiGHT.
dj motiv8 6:14 AM - 26 August, 2010
yes i am going to be in Houston,for the weekend.i'm be using my V7s with the serato mixer on stage. nothing special just straight forward "spinng ,digital Vinyl." the best part for me.No more "Dust Bunnies" under the stylus.
dj motiv8 6:15 AM - 26 August, 2010
oh ,i dont really know anyone in Houston so my guest list is pretty much "0". email me,or go to the door ,tell them Motiv8 is your Cousin,Let you in.
Ken L. Jones 6:52 AM - 26 August, 2010
now thats some love ^
Flashing Lights DJ DK 10:58 PM - 2 February, 2011
Quote:
I have a Vestax VCI-300, but i wanted to get a backup board which numark would you choose?

The Vestax VCI-300 to the Numark NS7FX is like comparing a Honda to a Lexus. The NS7 is more professional looking and people are always in an AWW! when they see my setup. They can never believe how great it looks and what it does with Itch is amazing.
kraal 11:11 PM - 2 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

The Vestax VCI-300 to the Numark NS7FX is like comparing a Honda to a Lexus. The NS7 is more professional looking and people are always in an AWW! when they see my setup. They can never believe how great it looks and what it does with Itch is amazing.

i get the same exact reaction with the vci-300
Flashing Lights DJ DK 11:36 PM - 2 February, 2011
The NS7FX out performs, looks better, and feels 100% better than and MIDI out there. Jog wheels are cool but vinyl has always been the way to go. People love to see it and DJs love the feel of it. Numark has created to bring the Vinyl world to the digital world. Numark NS7FX BEST MIDI CONTROLLER OUT! THE NS6 IS EVEN BETTER!
kraal 11:40 PM - 2 February, 2011
oh boy
djcerla 12:00 AM - 3 February, 2011
VCI-300 is not an Honda, is a Lotus Elise: fast, precise, fun. But a NS7 is a Lamborghini Murcielago! :-)
djkrazyleo 3:14 AM - 3 February, 2011
to be honest i was in love with my v7,s but the problem i had was i needed to have a machine i could run with anywhere anytime. and the v7,s demanded a little bit more than just get up and go, so thats why i went back to my vci which is my fourth one by the way and even though i miss my v7,s i love the portability of the vci but definitely got my eyes on the ns6.
Papa Midnight 5:26 AM - 3 February, 2011
Quote:

No offense, but where are you shopping? Guitar Center has it on sale for $800.
Ragman 5:43 AM - 3 February, 2011
PM his post was put up back in May 2010. That was the going cost back then.
Kmxorbit 8:47 AM - 3 February, 2011
Quote:
VCI-300 is not an Honda, is a Lotus Elise: fast, precise, fun. But a NS7 is a Lamborghini Murcielago! :-)

The V7 is a Hummer equipped with a bunch cannons and sniper guns!
djcerla 8:53 AM - 3 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

The V7 is a Hummer equipped with a bunch cannons and sniper guns!

Following the analogy, V7 is more like a Ducati Monster (half the wheels) :-)
Papa Midnight 7:53 PM - 3 February, 2011
Quote:
PM his post was put up back in May 2010. That was the going cost back then.

LoL. Pays to check Timestamps. Thanks.
Ragman 8:22 PM - 3 February, 2011
np been there done that ... ;-)
DJ Cs 1:17 AM - 4 February, 2011
The NS7 and V7's are monsters on the scene for old skool Dj's that just love that feel of spinning vinyl.

I know Kraal, you are a VCI pusher :) , I haven't tried it, but from the popularity of it, it must be great.

I just hope Numark/Serato dont devalue the NS7/V7's by adding features in the vaporware called ITCH 2.0 and not giving these incredible controllers access to them.

That would effectively kill the controllers. Again, I see absolutely no reason that the NS7/V7 can't control 4 decks in software.

I would recommend the V7 as the main and the VCI as the backup.

Great to have had Dj Motiv8 on the V7's as well.
kraal 1:47 AM - 4 February, 2011
Quote:

I know Kraal, you are a VCI pusher :) , I haven't tried it, but from the popularity of it, it must be great.

yeah i only really chime in on these debates cause people start to insult the vci-300 when it is a highly capable machine. :)
Kmxorbit 12:06 PM - 4 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

yeah i only really chime in on these debates cause people start to insult the vci-300 when it is a highly capable machine. :)

True. Vci is very powerful. I cannot speak for the MKII, but if they optimized the PFL of the headphones, then it's a true all rounder for professional purpose.
djkrazyleo 2:47 PM - 4 February, 2011
they did improve the sound very clean crisp powerful sound on the mkII i had both.
westell54 6:12 AM - 5 February, 2011
I'm getting ready to pick up a set of V7's and I hope this the right move for me. I tried out the NS7 and I was told that the V7 would be the exact same experience except I'll be using my 57 with them. Is that pretty much the general consensus among the group? I got them to throw in a pair of those blue vinyl records with the pair too.
Flashing Lights DJ DK 6:16 AM - 5 February, 2011
The V7s will allow you to load 4 tracks where as the NS7 will only allow it with VDJ.
DJ Cs 7:24 AM - 5 February, 2011
Quote:
The V7s will allow you to load 4 tracks where as the NS7 will only allow it with VDJ.

How is that?
Ragman 9:50 AM - 5 February, 2011
Quote:

That's true... If u use 2 laptops.
Kmxorbit 12:47 PM - 5 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

It's not possible with 1 laptop. + with 2 laptops the music must be synced manually.
djcerla 1:32 PM - 5 February, 2011
Quote:

<off topic>

watch DJ Motiv8 and DJ Cerla teaming up for a new single... NEVER ENOUGH
just finished! :)

</off topic>
kraal 2:17 PM - 5 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

<off topic>

</off topic>

um link please
djcerla 2:27 PM - 5 February, 2011
we've finished mixing the extended version yesterday! no link yet... only the picture of the new team shoot during the recording session :) www.facebook.com
kraal 2:33 PM - 5 February, 2011
Quote:
we've finished mixing the extended version yesterday! no link yet... only the picture of the new team shoot during the recording session :) www.facebook.com

ok good stuff keep us posted
Ragman 7:44 PM - 5 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

It's not possible with 1 laptop. + with 2 laptops the music must be synced manually.

Nope not possible w/1 lappy. No syncing between laptops either. U have to do it the old fashioned way if the music is coming from each laptop.
Ragman 7:47 PM - 5 February, 2011
Sorry for the "Matrix" post Kmxorbit. I thought u were asking a question when u were just stating a fact. ;-)
Ragman 7:51 PM - 5 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

<off topic>

</off topic>

Hey can u create a new Thread so we can keep better tabs on it. That way u can also put up any other projects in that one thread. Looking 4ward to chking it out. Thx dood...
Maskrider 11:04 PM - 5 February, 2011
Quote:

Keep us posted........Put it in a New Thread.