DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane Hardware With Itch

DJ-SHUFFLE 6:13 PM - 2 February, 2010
It Will be Nice if The Rane 68,Ttm 57 ,Sl3,Sl1,Mp4 .All of them Working With Itch.
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:18 PM - 2 February, 2010
All depends if thats what Rane and Serato want, its software so in theory anything is possible.
The probably want to have seperate software, scratch live fror their own hardware, and itch for third party hardware,

so instead of people complaining about scratch live if there having problems with third party software, they'll just bitch about itch keeping serato main income source reputable,

just one opinion
DJMaytag 6:23 PM - 2 February, 2010
Rane = SSL exclusive
Numark, Vestax, etc = ITCH

once you understand this is how it is, the better off you'll be.
DJ-SHUFFLE 6:32 PM - 2 February, 2010
Quote:
Rane = SSL exclusive

Yep I know that. But Why Not?
Marx&Villain 7:12 PM - 2 February, 2010
what sparky said makes sense. If serato had to troubleshoot all the problems/questions that third party controllers were to have with ScratchLive, it would probably be overwhelming. Scratch Live is dedicated to Rane, which i think is perfect and doesnt need to be altered. Think about it, Rane has released amazing products thus far, who knows what to come, I've heard rumors about a 3 channel Rane mixer (dont know how much of that is true, !Hey Rane Mods care to chime in?)

i think itch and scratch live should be kept separate for the time being i think.
Dj Shamann 7:58 PM - 2 February, 2010
I'm not a programmer, but i'm also guessing (amongst what has already been mentioned) the less open source the hardware/software combo is the more difficult it is to crack? Kind of like Pro Tools, even if you came across a cracked copy you can't use it without the designated hardware which kind of defeats the purpose since the hardware comes with it, unless you don't want to pay the upgrade... and Serato upgrades are free anyway.
DJMaytag 12:16 AM - 3 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Rane = SSL exclusive

Yep I know that. But Why Not?

facepalm...
latindj 12:57 AM - 3 February, 2010
Quote:
It Will be Nice if The Rane 68,Ttm 57 ,Sl3,Sl1,Mp4 .All of them Working With Itch.

why would you want to run downgraded software on equipment that's capable of running SSL???? I'm still trying to figure this out....
Turn Table Tennis 1:07 AM - 3 February, 2010
I don't think itch is a downgrade.. but the hardware associated with it is intended for a different market. itch is getting to be just as powerful and SL minus the video.
latindj 1:12 AM - 3 February, 2010
really? you gonna have the ability to have more than 2 decks? effects?
DJMaytag 1:15 AM - 3 February, 2010
Quote:

yes (4, hence the Xone ITCH controller), and i thought it already had FX?
Turn Table Tennis 1:17 AM - 3 February, 2010
Quote:

That's that the vestax itch fx controller is for... and also why numark made the v7, for 4 deck control.
latindj 1:20 AM - 3 February, 2010
hmmmm...well, I like having the effects in the software....and I wouldn't touch anything numark....so to each their own I guess....still a downgrade if you ask me...
Turn Table Tennis 1:25 AM - 3 February, 2010
then you're obviously not in the percentage of the market that itch is after.... they're re turntables and mixer dj's... and midi controller dj's. i'll never touch a full midi controlled system, but i wouldn't call it a downgrade. it's progress really.
the_black_one 1:36 AM - 3 February, 2010
Quote:
hmmmm...well, I like having the effects in the software....and I wouldn't touch anything numark....so to each their own I guess....still a downgrade if you ask me...

150% agree with you about numark. The only thing that im conserned about is if in 2.0 you can set the efx post fader? you can then that would be cool
djez812 4:59 AM - 10 December, 2011
Itch by far is not a down grade what you only lose a couple of effects. Itch does have effects just not as many but to have the extra decks and sync on the actual sampler.. just things that might be nice. An just an option to use either soft wear would be nice and so possiable if they wanted it to be.