Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Small sample section

JD 7:58 AM - 18 January, 2005
Have SSL have a small section where it allows you to load a 10 second or 20 second sample (or any small amount)... You can then trigger the sample from your keyboard while youre djing... so lets say your mixing and your about to drop the big jammy jam of the night, you can then have a horn sample in the lil sample section so when u drop the song u can drop the sound effect over it... Sound effects/ or vocal drops are useful to use through out the night... SSL should allow us to trigger one that would just play over whatevers playing...

A wonderful idea, if i can say so myself...lol
SpinThis! 2:53 PM - 18 January, 2005
sounds good to me.

i've suggested a third deck in the past that you could assign to any deck and it could essentially "mix" in with either channel. in that way, you could do a 3 deck mix by having this intermediate deck run in internal mode.
nobspangle 2:58 PM - 18 January, 2005
3 deck mixing where you have little, or no control over one deck is very tricky. If that deck drifts out of time, you have to adjust the other two to get back in.
JD 8:42 PM - 18 January, 2005
what im asking for is much different than a 3rd deck... i'd hope to see a lil sample section before they add a 3rd deck... 3rd deck would prolly take time to build into ssl
booster 5000 9:46 PM - 18 January, 2005
Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also would like such a little build in softwaresampler.
JD 9:13 PM - 19 January, 2005
If they implement it then you can have things like "DJ ______ in the mix' vocal drops triggered while mixing...

I thought of this because usually in clubs they have a 4 channel mixer so I usually have a drops/sound effects cd with my while using SSL on the other channels.. but now I take the 2 channel rane 56 with me wherever I can and when i do, im limited to only 2 channels so my drops and sound effects cant be used...
sunnylicious 2:56 AM - 20 January, 2005
do they still say that "dj____ in the mix"?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 3:09 AM - 20 January, 2005
would it just mix in with the channel, and play over the top? do you need level adjustment?
would it have to be easy to change the sample on the fly?
JD 6:32 AM - 20 January, 2005
Play over the top, level adjustment would be appreciated but wonder how it would broadcast since its over the top- it would come out thru both channels, so double the volume..? Unless you have one sample in the "bank" and depending on which channel you want it to come out of, you hit a specific key... such as shift Q for left, shift P for right

Maybe in the 'setup' section have a section where it looks into a "drops" folder or bank? you can have a few drops, sound effects in there and choose with a drop down box? Or even on the front.. maybe a default 'sound effects/drops'(whatever u would want to call it) crate where we put our samples then they show up in a drop down box somewhere on front?

Just brainstorming ideas... Not sure how it would work cosmetically but I think the feature would be a great bonus...
KMXE 8:05 AM - 20 January, 2005
what about a way that u have a lil sample that u wanna scratch before u mix another track in and also the next track that u wanna mix in in a lil' section, where with a press a key they switch. So for example, song playing on deck a, u have song 2 on deck b but also in a little 'container' (like the prepare section) plus the sample that u wanna use. u beat mix song 2, then if u got a bit of time, press a key and it switches the song on deck b with a sample..... so then u scratch away or do vocal samples that promote u or whatever, then just before the break kicks in, press the same key and - switch!
nik39 10:51 AM - 20 January, 2005
Wonderful ideas... :)
chubbsta 3:16 PM - 20 January, 2005
Absolutely...
SpinThis! 5:48 PM - 20 January, 2005
multiple tracks on one deck imo would help a lot. in this way, if you also had markers set up, you could use the keyboard to jump to those markers and it would also jump to the different spots in each track. example: you load up 3 songs on each deck. you have no markers in song one; 2 markers in song 2 and 2 markers in song 3. you could then jump to each marker like you normally would using the 1 - 0 keys.
JD 7:00 PM - 20 January, 2005
SpinThis!- what youre suggesting is kinda different than what im suggesting... perhaps you can start a new thread about this so it can get its own feedback from the team/posters...
skinnyguy 12:40 AM - 24 January, 2005
ah...so it's like a radio jock's fx drop box. nifty idea. as long as all your samples are of the same sound level and an option to set the gain of the drop box independently....

say you have 2 - 4 keys or banks assigned to this. i really don't think you need much. and you could always have a crate dedicated to drops. then you can drag n drop samples to the banks you want.
JD 11:14 AM - 6 February, 2005
bump... =)
skutch 5:00 PM - 15 May, 2005
bump
skutch 5:00 PM - 15 May, 2005
badumpabump
bush 1:44 PM - 16 May, 2005
Being able to scratch while 2 tunes are beat mixing would be the business
BigDookie 7:38 AM - 17 December, 2005
i had this idea while i was DJing tonight. LOL. Glad to see its being looked into.

It should be a small little section where u can load up to 4 samples, and trigger it from your keyboard. It shouldnt be channel dependent, because you might want to drop the sample while you are doing a blend. If it has its own volume control, you can set your volume from SSL and it wont kill anyones ears.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 2:59 PM - 12 January, 2006
biddie biddie bump!
Osiris 1:41 PM - 23 January, 2006
BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMP!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:51 PM - 23 January, 2006
want see a a similar version of what the guys wants check out Virtual DJ
sample record, volume control , loop etc

so SAM check em out
punosion 4:41 PM - 23 January, 2006
This is a great idea...if the sampler idea could be realized, this would eliminate the want/need for a complete third deck if these features could also be integrated into it:

scratchlive.net
scratchlive.net

Imagine...you could drag-and-drop your loops to banks on the sampler, from there you could seamlessly jump from the end of one loop to the beginning of another loop, maybe an area where you could drag-and-drop loops from the sampler banks into a "playlist" of sorts, then from there and change counters for each one to have loop 1 play 3 times, loop 2 play 5 times, loop 3 play 4 times, etc. etc. I wouldn't need to play full tracks or even necessarily have vinyl control on this "third wheel." Ohh gawd, I love this idea...
nik39 8:46 PM - 23 January, 2006
Imaging you could trigger the samples with the buttons on the TTM57 :)
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:47 PM - 23 January, 2006
nice
The Axledental DJ 4:56 PM - 2 February, 2006
Suggestion for Rane TTM 57SL:
It would be nice if the TTM 57SL had an option for a sampler feature that would be able to sample from Deck A or B and instantly be able to place that sample in one of the Decks to scratch with it. As the Denon S3500 has the 15 Sec. On-board Sampler w/ Sampler Copy Feature.
DeezNotes 5:41 PM - 2 February, 2006
Question: How can the sample not be channel dependent when the output is coming from the mixer? If you have the sample play out of both channels, the sound will be louder when played through both channels and much lower if played through one. The differences in your fader position could change things dramatically.

Before I read the rest of the posts, I was thinking you could assign effects to each channel (or assign a channel to an effect - like how the record feature works in 1.5). Another option could be to play through the Mic output. That makes more sense to me, but the output will have to be adjusted to sound good. Maybe for recording, you can have it record the mic, but it can also playback loaded samples at a "normal" volume?
JD 7:10 PM - 2 February, 2006
Deez - thats the problem that faced with this idea - which output would the sample broadcast to?... Unless it plays out thru both but at half the volume on each channel so it "evens" out.. but then what about when you wanna play the sample over just one channel? - then the volume would be too low if it were cut in half...

im sure theyll figure it out. Im hoping for this feature soon because it would come in super handy at every gig.
DeezNotes 7:22 PM - 2 February, 2006
The mic output...

Quote:
Another option could be to play through the Mic output. That makes more sense to me, but the output will have to be adjusted to sound good. Maybe for recording, you can have it record the mic, but it can also playback loaded samples at a "normal" volume?

There's your 3rd channel for samples. It's already included in the hardware.
DJMark 12:05 AM - 3 February, 2006
This all sounds great to me...I would vote that the sampler output should be assignable to either of the decks or to the microphone. It will probably need its own volume control in the software as well.
nik39 12:09 AM - 3 February, 2006
Microphone? There is no signal output from SSL on the microphone, its only a thru port.
DJMark 12:38 AM - 3 February, 2006
I guess we assumed there would be some way to route signal from the computer out that jack...if not, so much for that idea.

If that's the case then it seems like the sampler would need to be assignable with its own volume adjustment, and an accompanying explanation in the documentation that additive mixing with music playing from one of the regular decks may cause digital clipping.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 3:57 AM - 3 February, 2006
Quote:
It would be nice if the TTM 57SL had an option for a sampler feature that would be able to sample from Deck A or B and instantly be able to place that sample in one of the Decks to scratch with it. As the Denon S3500 has the 15 Sec. On-board Sampler w/ Sampler Copy Feature.

Already there. We were demo'ing this feature at NAMM.
The Axledental DJ 4:32 AM - 3 February, 2006
Awesome! Thanks..
SloMocean 3:11 PM - 12 April, 2006
bump
nik39 5:04 PM - 12 April, 2006
Its demo'ed by Sam in the video I took.
djxatl 11:15 PM - 31 July, 2006
bump for headphone output
echey 1:46 AM - 1 August, 2006
Quote:
Have SSL have a small section where it allows you to load a 10 second or 20 second sample (or any small amount)... You can then trigger the sample from your keyboard while youre djing... so lets say your mixing and your about to drop the big jammy jam of the night, you can then have a horn sample in the lil sample section so when u drop the song u can drop the sound effect over it... Sound effects/ or vocal drops are useful to use through out the night... SSL should allow us to trigger one that would just play over whatevers playing...

A wonderful idea, if i can say so myself...lol

yeeeah! please SERATO go with this option first.
Trystan 7:54 PM - 1 August, 2006
I know it estra money you have to spend but the Roland Sp 404 Dr. Sample rocks. About 500 Bones.
Lexdiggy 9:28 PM - 6 August, 2006
That function as well as seamless autoloop is already a feature in VirtualDJ. I would love for SSL to have that same feature.

Serato will eventually become a one-stop shop for DJs. Next I'm going to ask for SSL to control my fog machine and lights, have a charge card swipe to collect tips for special requests and automatically deposit it into my bank account. No Hold Up....scratch that last feature, Don't want the IRS to know how much I really make....lol
Vinyl Richy 3:40 AM - 16 August, 2006
I would like a sample trigger also. Thought of this awhile ago. Great idea.
Nate Da Great 5:26 PM - 26 September, 2006
Yeah... I would love this feature.
DJKasper_YNY 8:50 AM - 27 December, 2006
this thread is two years old.... are they still plannin to add a drop button with level control? so we can use airhorns etc... it seems to be a real basic thing and easy to set up.. just a button with a volume level. and every time you hit the button it repeats (like when we want to use an airhorn or our name drop. (or keyboard shortcut).

: )
defjamblaster 11:44 AM - 27 December, 2006
we need to make this a pettition!
DJKasper_YNY 1:45 PM - 27 December, 2006
for real.... this would be icing on the cake for serato...
sweetL 5:43 PM - 28 December, 2006
what i think would be the solution - is to have two small sample banks which can be triggered by keypresses.

one sample per bank - one bank per deck.

each bank plays over the top of its respective channel, and if you want to scratch with it, you drag + drop it to a deck.

that would give me the control to level it up on deck b if im playing on deck a for example.

and yeah, it only needs to be a 20 or 30 second maximum thing.
DJKasper_YNY 10:00 PM - 28 December, 2006
i dont know sweetL,
I think the sample banks dont need to be attached to a deck. we can already do that by using internal mode with a drop or airhorn... we need it to be independent of decks...
defjamblaster 6:52 AM - 29 December, 2006
yeah, independent seems more efficient; i want my drop to play no matter which deck is playing, and also, if its deck dependent, wouldnt that disable the deck from playing the actual song anyway?
DJKasper_YNY 1:29 PM - 29 December, 2006
lets just get this going - this thread started in Jan 2005... its about to be officailly 2 years old... how old is serato?

: )
defjamblaster 12:43 AM - 30 December, 2006
i'm gonna ask the wizard for a drop button feature when i get to oz!
sweetL 12:41 AM - 16 January, 2007
Quote:
i dont know sweetL,
I think the sample banks dont need to be attached to a deck. we can already do that by using internal mode with a drop or airhorn... we need it to be independent of decks...

but you see, if you're running, for example - a ttm56, how do you level up the sample before it blares through both channels, or scratch with it?
defjamblaster 1:24 AM - 16 January, 2007
no scratching with it! just drops or sfx. they'll invent auto gain or something to level it off, just lettem make it some kinda way! :)
DJKasper_YNY 2:47 AM - 16 January, 2007
exactly. if you wanna scratch with it, then you would load it to your deck... we just need a drop button with a volume level. have a keyboard key trigger it so you can hit an airhorn (for example)... beern beern beern beeeeeeeeerrrrrrrn

LOL
come on its 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
dj storm101 7:57 AM - 6 February, 2007
hey that sound good if the would make it like that it would be the best dam dj ststem in one
DJ Yaz 8:55 PM - 12 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Already there. We were demo'ing this feature at NAMM.

Sweet, can you set it up so that it works with an M-Audio Trigger finger. That is if you all are still friends in the post Torq world.
undrcvr 3:35 AM - 14 February, 2007
Cant believe I haven't got in on this discussion yet. I been battling the 404 price for a year. I own a SSL box and a 57. I wont do the $400 for the 404. I work at a decent size radio station with 303's and 404's floatin everywhere and I use a CF Card to jack their big bad "drop machines". I've makin a mess tryin to find program to use a Trigger Finger in the background, without using crazy resources, conflicts blah blah. My question:
I got this hot ass button section on my 57. How the hell cant I trigger samples with them yet. Forget cue points, I'm all hands on in da mix baby! Anyway,I been asking myself this for 9 months. Serato aint slackers, I know they hear me. I dont wanna have no 404, maudio none of that. With the 57, u can just route the sample section through a "always on master super secret ghost channel". I know it exists. LOL
DJKasper_YNY 3:45 AM - 14 February, 2007
nah, the only reason i said Cue Points is because you need a cue point to knwo the start location of a drop sinbce you will NOT see teh wave form...

i figure ahead of time (at home or whatever) you can load a sampel (airhorn etc) into the deck... set a cue point at its start point and set the volume... then when you are at a club,. load the airthorn into a drop section (you wont have to see the wave or nothing... just hit a keyboard trigger to trigger it...

so thats why i say you absolutely need a cue point because its not a deck to view or scratch or anything.. its just a keyboard button to trigger it.

hope they do it. LOL im bringing a big ass mpc 2000 to a ruff ryders party im doing this month just so i can have various motorcycle samples palying throughout the party... now if serato had a drop feature, i would nt nee dto lug that mpc2000...

and please no one tell me to buy a little sampler.. we all know we can do that. we are just suggesting features. : )

and this would be big - for me at least.
DJ Yaz 4:52 AM - 14 February, 2007
Quote:
I've makin a mess tryin to find program to use a Trigger Finger in the background, without using crazy resources, conflicts blah blah. My question:

This would be the absolute shit. Please put in a sampler and allow us to use the trigger finder to trigger it.
undrcvr 4:19 AM - 23 February, 2007
The sound for samples/drops can be routed to our internal output through our headphone output. Not high quality, but with a good cable it could work for background drops.
defjamblaster 4:43 AM - 23 February, 2007
nah, its gotta be from the serato interface so nothing extra is needed. im gonna leave some milk & cookies for the serato team so they will figure it out for ous.
DJ_AL 8:24 PM - 23 February, 2007
wuz up guys...anybody know where can i get all those types of air horns that are use for reggae for example? and if so...how can i use this with Serato?

I'll appreciate all your help!
defjamblaster 12:05 AM - 24 February, 2007
search the forums, theyre posted on here somewhere.
vexkon 7:40 PM - 27 February, 2007
+1 for a sampler on the 57, that can be trigger with the buttons it already has.
FDW 10:46 PM - 7 April, 2007
Year, a small sampler would be nice. To play horns and stuff.

Is it so difficult to code? Especially for the TTM57SL it should be possible...
DJ d'Zire 6:02 AM - 31 May, 2007
+1 and 500 more for those not here. Come on Serato! This is a grea t friggin idea!
Jeffsteez 8:58 AM - 31 May, 2007
Lots of good ideas.

I'm also surprised this hasn't been implemented yet.

The samples could have the option to be played over both existing serato channels simultaneously. This way a siren or whatever can play on both channels, mid mix, without the need for extra channels in the serato box, or headphone out on the laptop.

Also good for people with 2 channel mixers.
cappinkirk 3:45 PM - 31 May, 2007
can't you do the sampler trigger by pressing u (INT)? it stutters on INT mode and if you switch to rel while holding it down it will even switch into just playing the entire file as normal after being stuttered in. You can set up your file with cue points and use this?

isn't this a workaround for samplers? You can also use INT more and use the TTM57 to stutter cue point just like a sampler.
Rob - Low 6:59 PM - 2 June, 2007
We definetely need a sampler bank for at least 6 drops or sound effects
defjamblaster 6:16 AM - 3 June, 2007
i have used izotope's idrum as a sample player; similar to flossy, u have to run it out of the headphones, BUT u can add all your own sounds to it! triggers with computer keys as well. havent found anything better out there that doesnt have 50 other features that we're not looking for.
blizzo 7:48 AM - 15 June, 2007
I would love to see this sampler in SSL. Nowadays I use <a href="www.ozmusiccode.com and it's superb, because it just fits my needs and nothing else. but i have to switch between the two applications and this is defenitly annoying while i'm in the mix.
Bronx 77 3:15 PM - 21 June, 2007
The built-in sampler/drum machine should be independant from the 2 decks and be with trigger pads placed in between deck #1 and deck #2. The more trigger pads you can fit in the space given, the better it is for the DJ since DJs usually have tons of artist drops or sound effects. The sampler would be an OPEN LINE with volume adjust so when you press the trigger pad, the sound effect or drop will play to the public even if the 2 decks are being used at the same time.

Having this feature available eliminates the physical use of having extra hardware like the Akai MPC 2000XL or other simular devices connected to your dj system for the purpose of adding sound effect or drops to your set.

I think for starters... having 8 trigger pads with sub-banks should be enough for a DJ to add their own personal touch to their mixes.
DJ oTwisT 7:34 PM - 28 June, 2007
How much more do I have to donate to get this in the next update!!!
Damented 9:28 PM - 28 June, 2007
Watchwww.youtube.com

I wonder what Dj Craze is using in this video, he also triggers an airhorn, and apparently without loading it to any of the decks. That'd be cool, no more need to bring the Boss sampler.

Any news on this feature?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:50 AM - 29 June, 2007
looks like pre made with cue points set

just like a battle record
JonathanChimpo 11:53 PM - 29 June, 2007
I think a sampler on the 57 is great. In the software, not so much. Serato is not Ableton, it is not Reason. It is a DJ tool, not a one stop shop for all things production. There's a reason I don't bring a Pro-Tools rig to the club every night! Adding too many features to it is only going to lead to feature creep and bloated software. Some features like master tempo and automatic bpm detection are great, they're definitely usable tools for a DJ. A full-on sampler built into the software is not. I don't use the sampler on the Pioneer 600, 800, or 909, why would I want it taking up system resources when I don't even use hardware ones. That's not saying samplers don't have a place in a DJ's tool box, just not in dedicated DJ software. For the 5% of the DJ's that use Serato that would also use a built-in sampler, I don't think it's worth it to add as a software solution. Definitely put it on the 57 though, that's where it makes the most sense.
Kenny Q 4:37 AM - 30 June, 2007
Not to start any trouble.

Virtual DJ/Numark Cue has a sampler in the sofware itself(I trigger it with my X-keys controller).

Serato needs something like that.
defjamblaster 4:51 AM - 30 June, 2007
no one wants a sampler for production; its to hit drops & fx. i feel you JonathanChimpo; i think midi is a waste in a DJ software, so u know, different strokes, etc...
JonathanChimpo 1:06 PM - 1 July, 2007
I hear you, but why not just use a dedicated hardware sampler either patched in, or built-in to your mixer. Just seems like something else to go wrong, or more clutter. It'll also be harder to control than it's hardware counterpart. It's like using the effects on a Pioneer 600 as opposed to the 57. One in a completely dedicated hardware solution that's incredibly intuitive, the other you are still relying on the software, and the limitations of that are well known around here. One of the greatest things about Serato is it's simplicity. It's not trying to be anything it's not, unlike VirtualDJ or Final Crash. I just don't think adding features like this is beneficial enough to risk it when there are plenty of better alternatives. Guess that's just my 2 cents though.
defjamblaster 6:39 PM - 1 July, 2007
i understand! lets keep midi out also, its not really needed either. i know I'LL never use it, and that surely will clutter up the performance as well as any other additions. the only rerason to add anything to serato is for the convenience of not having to carry around another piece of equipment when a simple software could accomplish it; i'm fine with the alphabet soup for MY sample (drop & effect) needs; its silly to carry a real sampler for just that little function, imo. i prefer the software versions. if serato adds one, i'll happily use it, but if not, as long as theres a simple software out there to do JUST that, i'll be good.
djbriguy 1:08 PM - 2 July, 2007
Quote:
would it just mix in with the channel, and play over the top? do you need level adjustment?
would it have to be easy to change the sample on the fly?

i second this idea. It doesnt need to be anything fancy.. just a call-up menu maybe? (like the prepare window) and if u double click the file, or maybe use a key-bind (like ALT-1) or something to make it play overtop of both channels.
Mike Dobson 3:59 AM - 7 July, 2007
I like the sound of the drop sampler... I was also thinking about a virtual bank of buttons on the screen (in the blank areas next to the virtual decks). You could put sounds or drops in them an cue them up on the fly for a quick scratch or drop that would stay in that button until reassigned. That way you could always come back to a sample and have full control over it then slap down your next track... Whatcha think?
djbriguy 2:03 PM - 10 July, 2007
That sounds cool. Then maybe you can trigger these with a keyboard shortcut like i stated above. Thatd be nice
djcharles 6:07 PM - 17 August, 2007
How about a section that would be similar to the prepare window but where the tracks don't get removed once you play them. Think about it as a permenant prepare section. If you wanted to take them off, all you would have to do is delete it manually.
This section could then be used as a sound bank so u wouldn't have to always go back into ur review or search to get your drops/effects back on.
Anyone feeling me on this?
djcharles 6:08 PM - 17 August, 2007
I agree, it doesn't need to be on the software but should definitly be on he 57.

But what about this: a section that would be similar to the prepare window but where the tracks don't get removed once you play them. Think about it as a permenant prepare section. If you wanted to take them off, all you would have to do is delete it manually.
This section could then be used as a sound bank so u wouldn't have to always go back into ur review or search to get your drops/effects back on.
djcharles 7:15 PM - 17 August, 2007
Just created a new post for this suggestion.
defjamblaster 11:49 PM - 17 August, 2007
needs to be on software, everyone doesnt use 57.
djcharles 2:49 AM - 18 August, 2007
oops, just realised i posted the same twice twice. my mistake
SoundmasterSam 10:33 PM - 9 March, 2008
A sampler that you could control with MIDI pads like a drum machine would be great for routines and mash-ups.
DJ BDC 5:13 AM - 25 April, 2008
Any news on the sampler yet? SSL needs one badly. That and the multiple column sort (but that's a different thread).
SoundmasterSam 3:49 AM - 27 April, 2008
This is definitely the number one needed feature in Serato.
John Smith 9:10 PM - 27 April, 2008
Yep, we need that very badly
DJCrystalEllis 1:58 AM - 13 May, 2008
Quote:
How about a section that would be similar to the prepare window but where the tracks don't get removed once you play them. Think about it as a permenant prepare section. If you wanted to take them off, all you would have to do is delete it manually.

that would be awesome! I was wishin i had this to do some drops the other night...i had to find my drops in the library then cue it then play it...it would be great if there was a shortcut!
like the playlist mentioned above, or even something quicker... like certain keys are assigned to specific drops. For example ctrl+b could be your siren or dj drop- whatever you assigned
Djskinnyjimmy 10:38 PM - 23 August, 2008
i just started using kueIt to run all my drops and samples

works great

check it out

www.kueit.com
defjamblaster 8:43 PM - 25 August, 2008
kueit looks great, the global keys are the main selling points-not having to switch screens is a major plus. that price tag is a lil hefty though...
defjamblaster 2:37 AM - 26 August, 2008
can you assign any key to activate the drops, such as the space bar?
dj skinnyjimmy 4:03 AM - 26 August, 2008
yah the global hot keys works great no delay at all.
as for your question all the keys can be programed (total of 38 keys) however spacebar and esc is used for stop all

the pro version gives you 8 banks with 38 keys each
8 x 38 = 304 total keys plus the 6 players at the bottom that use the [];'./ keys

so you end up with 310 total
defjamblaster 4:55 AM - 26 August, 2008
thanks!
WarpNote 5:01 AM - 26 August, 2008
Anyone using NI Battery ?
www.native-instruments.com
DJ-NEO 8:35 AM - 26 August, 2008
Quote:
Not to start any trouble.

Virtual DJ/Numark Cue has a sampler in the sofware itself(I trigger it with my X-keys controller).

Serato needs something like that.
thats true i would really love that serato put in a sampler
dj skinnyjimmy 11:34 PM - 8 September, 2008
Look Whos Rocking With KueIt

To Read Their Testimonials and for more info check out www.kueit.com

Fatman Scoop - Legendary party MC
Dj Riz - Crooklyn Clan
Dj J Rocc - Beat Junkies
Dj Pharris - Power 92 Chigaco Heavy Hitters
Dj Eddie one - Latino 96.3 LA Heavy Hitters
Craig G - Hot 93.7 Hartford Heavy Hitters
Dj Nasty - 102 Jamz Orlando
Big Ali - Official MC for Bob Sinclar aka Mr "Rock This Party"
Dj Mr Vince - Full Throttle Radio W. Fatman Scoop INTERNATIONAL SYNDICATION

MORE TO COME SOON........

Version 1.1 Launch Sale is going on now Check it out
www.kueit.com
Serato, Support
Matt G 10:31 PM - 14 September, 2008
dj skinnyjimmy, please no advertising.
defjamblaster 3:20 AM - 15 September, 2008
maaaaaaan, i was thinking the same thing (although i do like the software)
gravitized 1:24 AM - 24 September, 2008
OMG! everyone get over kueit! shits the ONLY rip off! there are BETTER FREE alternatives!

any way +1 on SSL's phrase sampler...

Are these things really that hard to implement?...
defjamblaster 5:07 AM - 25 September, 2008
hey, i'll be first to ask-what are the better free ones? i use alphabet soup, but it doesnt have global keys...thats the ONLY attractive feature to me...
DJ SOLJIE 4:37 PM - 25 September, 2008
i agree with putting a small sample section in the program where we can use the F1 keys to f12 keys to be the bank for the sample it
pimp_my_dragon 9:35 PM - 25 September, 2008
sweeeeeet
FDW 8:40 PM - 28 September, 2008
Quote:

I am using it on an Mac. No Problems so far.... Even the demo is working fine if you have no problems loading your samples each time you start Battery!
WarpNote 9:06 AM - 29 September, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

I am using it on an Mac. No Problems so far.... Even the demo is working fine if you have no problems loading your samples each time you start Battery!

Thanks FDW, and what if you want to transfer it to a new computer down the line, how is their license policy?
FDW 3:41 PM - 29 September, 2008
I don't know exactly. Sry. Normaly you register the NI-Products with a serial to your NI-Account. So you only need to log in your account on a new PC to use the software I would guess.

I only have the demo. It is fully functional but you can not save or export your projects. But I don't need to. I start up the programm, load a few samples and link them to my MIDI-Pad. Every time the same clicks, so it only takes a few seconds ;)
WarpNote 3:57 PM - 29 September, 2008
Thanks good tip! I noticed my M
WarpNote 3:58 PM - 29 September, 2008
Thanks, good tip! I noticed my MPD 24 has a preset for battery, so Im gonna have a go.
nik39 6:42 PM - 29 September, 2008
Quote:
I only have the demo. It is fully functional but you can not save or export your projects. But I don't need to. I start up the programm, load a few samples and link them to my MIDI-Pad. Every time the same clicks, so it only takes a few seconds ;)

Hm, I thought it would only run for a limited time? Like you have to restart it after 30 minutes or something... wrong?
FDW 10:18 PM - 29 September, 2008
My Version is a bit out of date! Maybe NI changed the behavior of the demo...
FDW 10:27 PM - 29 September, 2008
Yes, the demo only runs 30 minuts and you can't save: www.native-instruments.com I'm sorry!
WarpNote 12:58 PM - 30 September, 2008
cr@p, oh well...
DJ Reflex 12:56 AM - 8 March, 2011
I just started using V-SL. It would be cool if you could load video clips into the sampler. You could play longer video files independently of the audio or loop short clips without control from the mixer. This would be great for promo videos!