Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

pack and go feature

djpetey 11:52 AM - 16 January, 2005
This is gonna sound kinda weird and i might not explain it very well..... but here goes

I dont know if a lot of you guys are using a system similar to mine, but basically, I have my master collection on my home desktop computer..... approx 15,000 mp3s

I dont like spinning with that many and obviously that many arent necessary, so what I do is repick the tracks I want to play every month or so and reload my laptop.....

I was thinking about how cool a "pack and go" feature would be.... where I could open up some sort of ssl app and choose all my tracks, set all my markers, etc and then, this magical application would "pack" all those mp3s with their markers, if there was a preanalization system, it would load the wave forms, etc and put them in a folder, so i could transfer that folder to my laptop and "unpack" it and ssl would recognize all those things.....

does this make sense? would it help anyone else, or just me?

basically, it could be an application that would replace what Im using Itunes for now with the added advantage of being specifically made to prepare for ssl loading.....

if its just me who would use something like this, ignore me..... just a thought
BassChamber 12:44 PM - 16 January, 2005
mmm and SSL helper app was suggested time ago... but it seems there is no plans to make it possible yet... it would be specially useful to sort our insane big track collection and set a bunch of markers!
nik39 1:23 PM - 16 January, 2005
djpetey, sounds like a good idea, my 2 cents.
Bazildon 4:36 PM - 16 January, 2005
I have exactly the same setup myself and i use the briefcase functions in widows. That way as i add more tunes to each of the artists or genres i spin they automatically get added to my ssl music folders on my laptop.

Every so often i just clear the ssl library and drag and drop the whole folder into ssl again. Its an adequate setup but it does haves it flaws, mostly cause ssl will re-scan all the tags on the files it knows about, but not new ones in the same physical path.