DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Are you kidding me...

Roccanova 9:50 AM - 12 October, 2006
Its 3am in las vegas, just got home from the club. I turn on the t.v. and the so called dj on wild'n out on mtv2 has serato now. I must be drunk. This guy is a joke. Wait... haha dj d'wreck. I really hope he isnt running around L.A. calling himself a dj. Im going to sleep.
eder 9:56 AM - 12 October, 2006
hahaha wild'n out has always been...um...rocking the SSL. he used to use the control vinyls but has since thrown on wild'n out stickers. garbonzo
D-Twizzle 3:14 PM - 12 October, 2006
What's the problem? He's using Serato. It's not like he's on TV for a mixshow, he's just dropping a few songs here and there when it's needed. He's also using a Rane mixer. Looks like he knows how to pick good gear to me.
birdbrain 4:24 PM - 12 October, 2006
i wouldnt diss dudes skills based on that show, what is he supposed to be doing? its a comedy show not turntable tv.
Roccanova 5:14 PM - 12 October, 2006
Ok..ok...I was drinking too much hater-aid last night.
nola darling 5:44 PM - 12 October, 2006
Quote:
i wouldnt diss dudes skills based on that show, what is he supposed to be doing? its a comedy show not turntable tv.

turntable tv...hmmm
CMOS 6:02 PM - 12 October, 2006
That aint a dj thats the hip hop Shadow Stevens.
shiestO! 7:36 PM - 12 October, 2006
besides that i saw somethin on the top 40 celebrity something or others, and the best paid dj in the US (wack name, forgot it) who is dating nicole richie gets paid 10,000 per set and he uses SSL too. i was like man... this guy's wack. but i got that. haha
Roccanova 8:21 PM - 12 October, 2006
Yes, Dj AM does get paid 10g+ even here in Las Vegas at Pure Nightclub. I wasnt a fan of this guy at first, but Iv learned a few things about serato by watching him. He is also rep'n trimspa, so Im sure he gets money from that as well. Besides the money I got his back.
tig ol' bitties 8:40 PM - 12 October, 2006
Quote:
besides that i saw somethin on the top 40 celebrity something or others, and the best paid dj in the US (wack name, forgot it) who is dating nicole richie gets paid 10,000 per set and he uses SSL too. i was like man... this guy's wack. but i got that. haha

AM is a member of this forum and has posted some really good posts about himself and all the people hating on him. I am not a fan boy, but I know talent when I see it. And he has much of it.
Roccanova 8:47 PM - 12 October, 2006
Im with bitties^^ on this one. If it wasnt for him I would use hot-keys like I do now.
Redi2roc 3:30 AM - 13 October, 2006
ya Hes very impressive hes got a really creative mind :) I like his mashup stuff its really nice and origional :) Good stuf AM
tig ol' bitties 2:09 PM - 13 October, 2006
^^speaking of hot keys, i was at my gig las night and i hit the I button looking for a song that started with i, but the damn thing made the song start over. It happened TWICE!! it sucked!! is this a real hot key or is shit screwy??
DjSykes 5:03 AM - 18 October, 2006
Tig Ol' Check out this yhread on that prob....scratchlive.net
DjSykes 5:04 AM - 18 October, 2006
oops I ment Thread...
DjSykes 5:05 AM - 18 October, 2006
Sorry wrong thread damn it It's late..lmaooooo this is the one....scratchlive.net