DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato 2.0 Beta Download (Mac only)

Dj Sparky 3:59 PM - 16 January, 2010
Well folks were you unfortunate enough not to be invited to the private beta of 2.0.
Well no need to feel neglected here it is mofo's
With 12 New effects 3 banks for each deck,
new deck view options, new libary view options,
3 deck support for SL3 users
Abelton link not in this version

Enjoy, see my other thread for running OSX on pc's if you cant wait for a windows version.

www.idontthinkso.com
Dj No Name 4:08 PM - 16 January, 2010
IBTL:)
VJ Justin Allen 4:10 PM - 16 January, 2010
IBTL as well
VJ Justin Allen 4:11 PM - 16 January, 2010
OH, IBUB as well

(In Before User Banned)

and IBIPB too

(In Before IP Banned)
Dj Sparky 4:13 PM - 16 January, 2010
you weekend just got a whole lot better guys.

i dont see how i breached any rules, i didnt not agree to the beta agreement, no doubt i will be banned but screw it, if someone else had it I like to see it released to.
djaudissey 4:15 PM - 16 January, 2010
what a dumb fuck!

its "invite only" for a reason douche...
VJ Justin Allen 4:16 PM - 16 January, 2010
Thanks for helping to distribute a virus as well. (certain version may have them)
BadBoyChubs 4:21 PM - 16 January, 2010
Smh..............
GoodVibez 4:23 PM - 16 January, 2010
I want the ableton link too ;)
Dj_Devo 4:27 PM - 16 January, 2010
well I got banned, check out djforums and skratchworks and other dj sites for the download, will link a vid on youtube with the link

the virus talk is to scare you off, sure i thought you mac guys dont get virus's anyhow ha ha,

anyone talking shit must have been in the beta and now everone can have it are pissed off

so kicking the beta off now should mean more testers and shorter wait in theory ha ha
Dj_Devo 4:29 PM - 16 January, 2010
the link has been removed,
here it is again get it while its hot before its gone, or google for the file name idontthinkso.dmg
VJ Justin Allen 4:29 PM - 16 January, 2010
Seriously...Don't they have kindergarden where you are from. You're late.
GoodVibez 4:31 PM - 16 January, 2010
Ableton plz sheeeesh lol jkjk
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:33 PM - 16 January, 2010
I liked things better when we could see people get BANNED under their name for doing stupid stuff. Now I have to click and see if the idiot got BANNED or not (Private Discussion with no one - LOL).

Nice Devo, your turn...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 4:41 PM - 16 January, 2010
Clearly DJ Devo / Sparky does not understand the problem with sharing private-beta builds. They are private beta because they are not stable. Build 20024 has many known bugs. Some of those bugs could corrupt your files, or delete whole directories of mp3s, or even corrupt the firmware in your SL 1, SL 3 or 57. Private beta testers are made aware of this, and take extraordinary precautions to avoid (potentially) losing all their data. If you think I'm making this up then I can assure you that all these things have happened with private beta builds in the past.
VJ Justin Allen 4:50 PM - 16 January, 2010
Any way to block his IP address and reveal all the names listed under that address. Or at least ban any future attempts at registration from that address?
Black Science 5:02 PM - 16 January, 2010
This idiot was just busted over at DJForums.com as username "DJ GrimReefer"
skratchworx 5:07 PM - 16 January, 2010
Quote:
well I got banned, check out djforums and skratchworks and other dj sites for the download, will link a vid on youtube with the link

You won't find beta links on skratchworx or the skratchlounge. I can assure you that I'm not as polite as the Serato team if stunts like that are pulled.
GoodVibez 5:07 PM - 16 January, 2010
Hahhahahah what a fool.
GoodVibez 5:14 PM - 16 January, 2010
I could understand MAYBE letting a friend get the dl but this dude is blasting it everywhere.
VJ Justin Allen 5:17 PM - 16 January, 2010
Quote:
I could understand MAYBE letting a friend get the dl but this dude is blasting it everywhere.

And that's why you won't make it to the beta team lol
BadBoyChubs 5:22 PM - 16 January, 2010
look at that people cant wait til next week, Look how long i had to wait b4 the NS7 was release a year and 1/2. Shame on u all. well Serato take u all time on Itch to make 2.0 Stable, i satisify with the 1.5 rc1 beta!
GoodVibez 5:25 PM - 16 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

And that's why you won't make it to the beta team lol

hahaha I still use 1.8
DJDeluchi 5:26 PM - 16 January, 2010
Quote:
Clearly DJ Devo / Sparky does not understand the problem with sharing private-beta builds. They are private beta because they are not stable. Build 20024 has many known bugs. Some of those bugs could corrupt your files, or delete whole directories of mp3s, or even corrupt the firmware in your SL 1, SL 3 or 57. Private beta testers are made aware of this, and take extraordinary precautions to avoid (potentially) losing all their data. If you think I'm making this up then I can assure you that all these things have happened with private beta builds in the past.

i have used 20024 on a friend setup and it seems incredibly stable i was hammering it for a few hours today also midi controlled dj fx etc and seems really stable i wont put it on my machine cause i earn my living from dj'in but my mates a bedroom dj so he dont mind.

so a quick question? the legit tester's if the firmware gets corrupted i guess serato would offer them new kit free of charge or is it there risk?
BERTO 5:29 PM - 16 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

i have used 20024 on a friend setup and it seems incredibly stable i was hammering it for a few hours today also midi controlled dj fx etc and seems really stable i wont put it on my machine cause i earn my living from dj'in but my mates a bedroom dj so he dont mind.

so a quick question? the legit tester's if the firmware gets corrupted i guess serato would offer them new kit free of charge or is it there risk?
\

im sure they would get reimbursed, they are giving critical info on the program
DJDeluchi 5:31 PM - 16 January, 2010
thats kool cause if i would have been asked i wouldnt have done it if i known my beloved sl1 was at risk
BERTO 5:32 PM - 16 January, 2010
from what i read on the forums rane/serato are really good with fixing broken hardware super fast, (57sl)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 5:40 PM - 16 January, 2010
Yes, in the past we have replaced firmware on hardware units free of charge when it was corrupted by a software bug.
skratchworx 5:41 PM - 16 January, 2010
Steve - my Sixty Eight was totally trashed - vapourised in fact but the last beta build. Pop a new one in the post ta very much.
BadBoyChubs 5:47 PM - 16 January, 2010
Quote:
Steve - my Sixty Eight was totally trashed - vapourised in fact but the last beta build. Pop a new one in the post ta very much.

lololol, nice try!
DJDeluchi 6:13 PM - 16 January, 2010
Quote:
Yes, in the past we have replaced firmware on hardware units free of charge when it was corrupted by a software bug.

i thought that would be the case serato have amazing customer service in my experience
Audio1 6:41 PM - 16 January, 2010
Quote:
from what i read on the forums rane/serato are really good with fixing broken hardware super fast, (57sl)
I sent in my SL1, 3 day turnaround. NICENESS!
BERTO 6:46 PM - 16 January, 2010
hell yea, registering a product is always worth it
Audio1 6:50 PM - 16 January, 2010
Quote:
hell yea, registering a product is always worth it
Too bad I was outside of warrant but great customer service. They sent me so much free schwag (stickers and other goodies) with my SL1 box upon return.
Maskrider 7:06 PM - 16 January, 2010
How did it broke?
Audio1 7:06 PM - 16 January, 2010
Quote:
How did it broke?
USB stopped working after 3 years of use.
skinnyguy 8:44 PM - 16 January, 2010
why the rush? it's only about a week away....i kinda prefer playing on final versions tho.. i'd hate having gear bricked or files deleted/moved/corrupted
skratchworx 9:03 PM - 16 January, 2010
DJ REACT just tried to post the beta on skratchworx. Fail.
the_black_one 9:07 PM - 16 January, 2010
^nice catch
Nicky Blunt 11:02 PM - 16 January, 2010
Quote:
what a dumb fuck!its "invite only" for a reason douche...

See Below!!!!
Quote:

Just like I called It In the Other Thread!!!!!! These fuckers just wont wait! All they see is oooooh new shit! Not The Inherrent problems that come with it!!!!!

Grow Up guys its In PB for a reason!!!

Also I think you will find most of the people in the beta tests are people who have had problems with other releases b4 & have been helpfull in resolving those issues! So rather than acting like a kanye west on the forums try being a little more helpfull!
Nicky Blunt 11:02 PM - 16 January, 2010
^^^ This is all speculation BTW
the_black_one 11:04 PM - 16 January, 2010
Nicky...... imma let you finish but serato had one of the best betas of all time!!!!
Nicky Blunt 11:10 PM - 16 January, 2010
Quote:
Nicky...... imma let you finish but serato had one of the best betas of all time!!!!

hahahaha!!! Noice!!!

Now do I get to come on again when beyonce goes up????!!!!!!! LOL
OMAR@C52 11:18 PM - 16 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

hahaha that shit was funny.. that was a good one the_black_one
the_black_one 11:18 PM - 16 January, 2010
Sure you can!
Nicky Blunt 11:19 PM - 16 January, 2010
woot woot! Can I feel on her ass too??? hahahaha Seriously Id smash the granny outta beyonce!!!!
the_black_one 11:23 PM - 16 January, 2010
nicky...... are you shure that beyonce is not half Mexican???
Nicky Blunt 11:28 PM - 16 January, 2010
Either way I'd still smash the granny out her!!!! hahaha
Maskrider 11:54 PM - 16 January, 2010
I like Beyonce I'll marry her If I was'nt married.
djaudissey 2:56 AM - 17 January, 2010
i like taylor swift....am i the only one?

lol
the_black_one 3:04 AM - 17 January, 2010
i hit that too
dj garcia 8:03 AM - 17 January, 2010
i am using it live right now super solid...
i30.photobucket.com
RogerRabbit 8:08 AM - 17 January, 2010
Quote:
i am using it live right now super solid...
i30.photobucket.com

lucky carlos....
Nicky Blunt 8:13 AM - 17 January, 2010
way to read your beta agreement!!!! Whats the betting your not in the next beta????
dj garcia 8:13 AM - 17 January, 2010
[link removed]
The fx are great!
Nicky Blunt 8:14 AM - 17 January, 2010
SMH!!!!!

More than half of your message contains capital letters. To many forum users this means you are SHOUTING your message, and is considered bad forum etiquette. Please consider editing your message so that there are fewer capital letters.

I am shouting!!!
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:55 AM - 17 January, 2010
Ok guys here is the low down, anyone who is using this should delete it now unless your want your mac to be fucked, also having a few unexplained audio drops from one SL3 channels, even now when using it in 1.9.
Not only did I have to reinstall OSX but also having strange audio issues with the SL3 in 1.9 now.

So anyone using this should delete it you have been warned, unless you want to have to re-install everything and possibly fuck up your SL1/3

Waits for the flood gates to open on the I told you so posts.
dj garcia 10:08 AM - 17 January, 2010
It's all good here!
Nicky Blunt 10:13 AM - 17 January, 2010
no I told you so, It's something that the beta testers are warned about!

Im thinking more along the lines of serves you right.

Sorry to sound like an ass but karma is a bitch!!!!
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:13 AM - 17 January, 2010
well be warned
Maskrider 11:14 AM - 17 January, 2010
Quote:
Sorry to sound like an ass but karma is a bitch!!!!

Same as what goes around comes around.
BadBoyChubs 11:51 AM - 17 January, 2010
Quote:
Ok guys here is the low down, anyone who is using this should delete it now unless your want your mac to be fucked, also having a few unexplained audio drops from one SL3 channels, even now when using it in 1.9.
Not only did I have to reinstall OSX but also having strange audio issues with the SL3 in 1.9 now.

So anyone using this should delete it you have been warned, unless you want to have to re-install everything and possibly fuck up your SL1/3

jus felt like quoting it for those who missed it!
Next time u know it start crashing in the clubs and at gigs, then serato will get the bad name as unstable because these fools use 2.0
sixxx 2:57 PM - 17 January, 2010
Quote:

In ya face! lol
skinnyguy 7:35 PM - 17 January, 2010
maybe it's just an issue on hackintosh's

and how can it mess with an sl3 unless there's a firmware update in there?
7:47 PM, 17 Jan 2010
Discussion locked by dave
Serato
dave 7:53 PM - 17 January, 2010
Ah, c'mon people.

If you are one of the lucky people who are in the beta, then let's continue talking about the beta in the beta area. Reporting constructive feedback in there helps us fix the bugs and release it.

Talking about the list of new 2.0 features in here is cool, and encouraged, but trash talking about the issues in the 2.0 beta only wastes everyones time.

So... NOT HERE.

Let's keep the beta discussion in the beta area.
Serato
dave 8:00 PM - 17 January, 2010
dj garcia - last warning.

Please reread your beta agreement.