Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

ignore "the" from alphabetized library

muttley 10:12 AM - 12 January, 2005
I think finding a track by an artist like "The Clash" or "The 45 King" would be faster if the scratch library would ignore the word "the". There's just too many artists and songs that start with the word "The". In itunes, if you want to find a song by The Clash, you would type C-L-A, and the library jumps to all songs by The Clash. To find all Clash songs in Scratch, you would have to type "T-H-E" and then scroll down through a long list until you arrived at The Clash (even longer if you're looking for The Who or the Yeah Yeah Yeah's). IMHO, the itunes method works better. I would like to see this feature incorporated into scratch. who's with me?
nobspangle 11:24 AM - 12 January, 2005
What about "The The"
Diva 11:55 AM - 12 January, 2005
Check this thread -> scratchlive.net

Sam has said they are planning on ignoring "The" for artists, but it is also being discussed whether to ignore "The" in the song name. You may want to add your comments to that thread.
djpetey 2:58 PM - 12 January, 2005
its not a big deal to me either way, but my vote is that ssl reads and sorts things exactly as I enter them.... if you wanted "the clash" to come up under "c", you could always just enter "clash" as the artist name.