DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

56 faders in a 57?

Dirty Digits 9:37 PM - 2 January, 2010
So I just got my ttm57, which I've been loooong overdue on copping since my job forces me to break apart my SL-1 box from my home studio several times a week (I'm an instructor at Scratch DJ Academy) so needless to say, I'm hyped.

I noticed the new faders in the 57 are a bit lifeless and light (weightless?) and since I have a lot scratching in my style, I was thinking about replacing the 57's faders with the "worn-in" ones from my 56. If not the volume faders, I'm definitely looking to switch the crossfader to something with a bit more "bounce" & response (scratch nerd).

Will this pose as a problem for the 57's potential? The faders should be calibrated the same positions, so that shouldn't be an issue, but I've noticed the 57 seems more like a computer than regular analog mixer, so I'd hate to eff anything up on this overdue addition to my set-up.

Whaddya think? Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

O yeah, & I'll be sure to post some flicks up in that 57 setup photo thread too.

Peace
Dirty Digits
tAbLiSt33 2:07 AM - 3 January, 2010
I've got a pro x fader in my Vestax PMC 07 Pro & I hate scratching on it just to got over to my 57SL.....jus not the same bro. You can always look to installing the pro x fader or maybe an Innofader in the 57SL?

Good luck & let me know how it works out!
nobspangle 2:37 PM - 3 January, 2010
The faders in the 57 and the 56 are the same. As far as I know each fader is individually calibrated to the mixer so I wouldn't advise swapping them although it probably would work.
You'd be better off trying to adjust the new faders so they behave more like the old ones. Have a look at the tension spring see if it's set the same on both mixers.
Dirty Digits 12:34 AM - 4 January, 2010
Word up. Thanks for the input people!