DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato sucks

Serato Sucks 7:12 PM - 14 September, 2006
Real Djs Play VINYL
skorpiond 7:14 PM - 14 September, 2006
3.2.1 banned!
Serato Sucks 7:17 PM - 14 September, 2006
anyone who uses serato isnt a real dj
Dj Ryme 7:20 PM - 14 September, 2006
ha ha, this is awesome!
Serato Sucks 7:21 PM - 14 September, 2006
you must feel cheap
a-swift 7:27 PM - 14 September, 2006
fucking love these forums. where else can you get quality shit like "serato sucks, vinyl rules. goodnight now!"
Serato Sucks 7:31 PM - 14 September, 2006
i love it when a poser trys to say a computer is the way to spin music thats how you know nothing about anything when it comes to djing
a-swift 7:35 PM - 14 September, 2006
me personally, i like digging through thousands of records every night before a gig, to pick the 200 that i might play that night. i really don't mind the excess baggage fees i pay when taking my vinyl to gig with me in the next state over. i take that back, i like extra baggage fees, i just pass them along to the person who hired me. i really dont mind that most clubs these days only have enough room for 1 or 2 crates tops, make me compact my shit even more. i get quite a workout lifting those fuckers to and from the gig too. what's not to like about getting a good workout. i really don't even care that my precious vinyl gets worn out after playing it too many times. i just buy new ones. and for people who think its cool to make your mixes and be able to play them that night at the club with this fake vinyl serato crap,.. that's over rated. if it's not on vinyl already then you shouldnt be playing it.

so i'm with this guy. serato sucks, vinyl rulez. good night now!
Dj Ryme 7:39 PM - 14 September, 2006
and hes from garbage grove lol
Rebelguy 7:40 PM - 14 September, 2006
Guess we are all poser DJs. Hey everyone get on the phone and call Jazzy Jeff, A-Track, The Beat Junkies, DJ AM, Spinbad etc. and tell them they aren't real DJs because they aren't on Serato.
Rebelguy 7:41 PM - 14 September, 2006
Since they are on Serato
a-swift 7:44 PM - 14 September, 2006
I knew what you meant.
Revolutionary 7:46 PM - 14 September, 2006
I love this thread!e
a-swift 7:49 PM - 14 September, 2006
That's funny. I didn't think troll week started until sometime in 2007.
djtonypsalms 8:04 PM - 14 September, 2006
This a pathetic attempt at getting attention because they didn't getting any from Mommy & Daddy, so they come into our forum with this CRAP!!!
sG 8:31 PM - 14 September, 2006
Quote:
Guess we are all poser DJs. Hey everyone get on the phone and call Jazzy Jeff, A-Track, The Beat Junkies, DJ AM, Spinbad etc. and tell them they aren't real DJs because they are on Serato.

my thoughts exactly.
Thundercat 8:42 PM - 14 September, 2006
I got franks and pork and beans
Always bust the new routines
I get it - I got it, I know it's good
The rhymes I write - you wish you would
I'm never in training, my voice is not straining
People always biting and I'm sick of complaining
So I went into the locker room during classes
Went into your locker and I smashed your glasses
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 8:42 PM - 14 September, 2006
Serato Sucks - you are entitled to your opinions, and entitled to express them, but please do not post the same message in multiple threads. So far you have posted "Real Djs Play VINYL" in 11 different threads. This is a warning, play nice or we'll have to ask you to leave our forum.
ACME 8:49 PM - 14 September, 2006
just ban him
he's obviously a troll
skorpiond 9:00 PM - 14 September, 2006
Quote:
Serato Sucks - you are entitled to your opinions, and entitled to express them, but please do not post the same message in multiple threads. So far you have posted "Real Djs Play VINYL" in 11 different threads. This is a warning, play nice or we'll have to ask you to leave our forum.

Sam,

2 or 3 different threads should be already a sign that this person is looking for attention, but 11... definitely abusing the rules.
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user 9:04 PM - 14 September, 2006
blashdphumdus
Dr. Vinyl 9:46 PM - 14 September, 2006
Quote:
Guess we are all poser DJs. Hey everyone get on the phone and call Jazzy Jeff, A-Track, The Beat Junkies, DJ AM, Spinbad etc. and tell them they aren't real DJs because they aren't on Serato.

don't forget mix master mike, what is he like 8 time dmc world champ not too sure on the number here, oh and there's also robert olyseck in the guinnes book for throwing down an 80-some odd hour set continuisly defineately big time posers on the bill here
Rebelguy 10:24 PM - 14 September, 2006
And also let's not forget about a majority of the radio DJs out there. Oh wait...I already forgot, we are sellouts because we are on radio. Crap...I really suck.
a-swift 10:36 PM - 14 September, 2006
Hmm. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that was the fastest time from new account to banned ever. Bad thing is,... he'll be back. Sigh,...
Jeff Jupiter 11:59 PM - 14 September, 2006
Don't forget E Swift of Tha Alcoholiks , and DJ Muggs. I worked with these guys personally and it sold me on the Rane SSL. I just got my laptop today and will be getting Scratch soon. I use mainly Vinyl and MIDI gear. I like CDJ's but they do not have the versitility and feel of Scratch it seems. Oh well It is too late now so I will see it I like it...
RussOne 5:58 AM - 15 September, 2006
Quote:
me personally, i like digging through thousands of records every night before a gig, to pick the 200 that i might play that night. i really don't mind the excess baggage fees i pay when taking my vinyl to gig with me in the next state over. i take that back, i like extra baggage fees, i just pass them along to the person who hired me. i really dont mind that most clubs these days only have enough room for 1 or 2 crates tops, make me compact my shit even more. i get quite a workout lifting those fuckers to and from the gig too. what's not to like about getting a good workout. i really don't even care that my precious vinyl gets worn out after playing it too many times. i just buy new ones. and for people who think its cool to make your mixes and be able to play them that night at the club with this fake vinyl serato crap,.. that's over rated. if it's not on vinyl already then you shouldnt be playing it.

so i'm with this guy. serato sucks, vinyl rulez. good night now!

... and let's not forget to include the part when the airline (if you're flying out to your next gig) loses/misplaces a record case or two.
a-swift 6:36 AM - 15 September, 2006
Quote:
... and let's not forget to include the part when the airline (if you're flying out to your next gig) loses/misplaces a record case or two.

hmm. i never thought about the fact that no airline has ever lost a "CARRY ON",.. which is exactly how I roll with serato. hmm. maybe there is something to this newfangled serato crap.
s42000 7:17 PM - 15 September, 2006
Last week they made me check in my 57 !!! Since I did not have another bag, I had to check in the entire bag containing the mixer, laptop, CV's, cables etc.

It was a very restless flight for me, seeing that they delay lots of luggage since the 'liquids saga'.

Now that SUCKS ......
a-swift 7:42 PM - 15 September, 2006
damn,. i've never traveled with my 57 but dang that sucks.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:46 PM - 15 September, 2006
^^ couldn't you just tie a pair of rca cables to each end of your 57 and wear it around your neck (claim it's your necklace?)
tig ol' bitties 9:54 PM - 15 September, 2006
i69.photobucket.com

kinda like this...but you mike that got me rollin when i read that
akaider 1:16 AM - 16 September, 2006
i got 5 crates of control vinyl
punosion 1:25 AM - 16 September, 2006
Quote:

LOL!! >:)
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 1:29 AM - 16 September, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

LOL!! >:)

Good one :) heheheh!

how'd u like to sell me a crate of red control wax yo?
akaider 1:36 AM - 16 September, 2006
its kinda a joke, but not really if you're goin out of the country. Most non-western countries except for Japan don't support vinyl at all. I was down in brazil this summer and vinyls down there are 25USD each! Thats 50 brazilian dollars. I might be living outside the US in a few years, and will definitely be taking a short stack of serato vinyls with me cuz i sure ain't payin no $25 a record!
MrGoodie2shoes 4:28 AM - 16 September, 2006
a-swift, sounds like your a clone
RussOne 5:25 AM - 16 September, 2006
I was just thinking! Serato should put out a special edition 7" control vinyl (for the dancehall selectors). That'd be some cool shit. Wey ya seh Starr!
dj Chris jazz 5:27 AM - 16 September, 2006
i think they are making the 7 inch.
RussOne 5:29 AM - 16 September, 2006
Niiiiiiiiiiice!
dj Chris jazz 5:35 AM - 16 September, 2006
and by the way... im all about versatility. serato rocks! it is vinyl! you do have to look thru a thousand crates before a gig. thats why everyone loves it! its totally different and the same at the same time. if u think it suks then dont use it and watch us blow by you. serato is the best thing to come along for us in a long time and opens doors to new ideas that werent possible before. my fav. being the ability to record and scratch whatever i want!!!! on friggin vinyl!!!!!!!!!!!
dj Chris jazz 5:44 AM - 16 September, 2006
and im as oldschool as it gets! some people are afraid of change and some embrace it. i wouldnt be able to sleep at nite knowing thousands of djs were leaving me in the dust. i love vinyl the most also like most and yet i have cdjs and 12s. i was actually glad there is an alternative 2 the cd decks. you should thank serato.
akaider 6:22 AM - 16 September, 2006
Quote:
I was just thinking! Serato should put out a special edition 7" control vinyl (for the dancehall selectors). That'd be some cool shit. Wey ya seh Starr!

dude i was sayin the same ish the other day!
rockin 45s for dancehall is def more fun than 12" control vinyl.
i dunno if there enough of us to make a market tho...
RussOne 9:30 PM - 16 September, 2006
We are the market!
a-swift 2:30 AM - 17 September, 2006
Quote:
a-swift, sounds like your a clone

most defintely. there are a bunch of em on the forums.
maxgraham 3:26 AM - 17 September, 2006
woooooooooo im not a real dj!!!... thank god i was worried...all that pressure
the ruckazoid 4:43 PM - 31 January, 2007
thats really funny

serato is for either

1 nerds
2 lazy djs
3 cheap djs without any backbone for culture
4 corporate people
5 djs that once used to be good, but had to modify their setup because someone like myself, upd the game too much
6 people who dont understand the science of sound

the reality is, mp3s sound like shit

and to top it off, theyre privately owned by a bavarian company, and some mp3s are known to have binaural frequencies specifically aimed at mind control, i shit you not

youd better off using ogg files, open source, and much better quality or wavs

but even then, all this psuedo technology crap is funny
i remember namm when everyone would invest into dedicated hardware

but today, since all of the young people are brainwashed from the media, if you watch tv, its rubbed of

tv, music, and all of the scenes, which are falling into the categories above, use these formats

even on the radio, the overcompressed cheap digital claps and kicks, which dont bump, and no matter how good you master it, it still wont bump, is now considered the bump, the level

my mixes bump heavier than masters, and ive dealt with so called mastering engineers who say they a b my mixes to 50 cent, like that shit bumps

he was fired

people dont have any more comparisons of how to get a truely good sound, so the standard, which is a cheap one, and privately owned for 1 of the 6 reasons above, is now becoming the level to be at

so you have all these serato djs going to clubs killing my ears with their tinty digital mp3s which send no type of true sound out of the speaker, which means i literally never feel the music, and the music itself, even if recorded well, is bullshit, played by people who somehow think that they need to play it

no backbone

and its not suprising that something emulating another tool that doesnt need an emulation, is being used by people with low work ethic, and standards, sonically, culturally, and musically

you want a real turntable, get a controller one

www.vestax.com

i designed this, no this isnt a plug, its information
and you could never use serato on this, the pitch changes are analog, and thus, when you get to low speeds, for low tones or sampling, digital languges could never resample the notes in time, or accurately enough to correspond with true pitch

its like taking a bassline from wax, then running to mpc to 16 level it

the reality is, its much better to record 16 levels of the same sample from the c1, then sample all of that, then just chop it and arrange it

when you do that your now working with true pitch changes, and the only thing being sacrificed is the reproduction of sound, but at last its not resampling it

instead of resamples, which makes everything sound like it does, digital, with no low end, or true resonance

people think digital is the shit, and people are forgetting one very important insight, and that is, everything is unique

you can never duplicate or truely emulate anything
so why even go there with it

i dont use mpcs either, but my point is, its all about analog, its the true sound, and its a true pitch change, hands on and real time

everyone thinks they can skip phases, milk the clubs to get you to bring your laptop and play mp3s, but your killing the game

straight up

your killing the way distributors work, the stores work, how music is transferrer, and most importantly, all these steps were taken with sound reproduction being of the least importance

which mean all of you serato djs are responsible for playing low quality music to people

the fucked up part is, people who go to clubs or just want to go out, they look at djs as the pros, but as we all know, 99 of all of the serato users are not pros

many of you couldnt even run with me and my crew, and thats not a diss, its like a observation of 2 street ball times, dont front, you aint up on par

yet, the audience thinks you are, and the dope fools arent alway performing to remedy the years and hours of the same format of presenting music

i cant go to every club and show them true bump all day
there has to be some type of sound standard, but theres really not

thats why im posting this, to put it in peoples mind that sound quality is the most important issue

serato to me, is not a technologic breakthrough, like mp3s arent either, what this is is a social experimentation that has the antitthesis to the very principle of sound recording that set the bar of music, which very few in the past 20 years has yet to surpass

if there is no code to live up to, then all of you cheap music plying djs, will be apart of the deconstruction of the collective human spirit

not only are you playing bad music most likely, all that cheap commercial shit thats made on cheap equipment, but you give the already cheap music on a format thats even cheaper

there are people with nerve to go on stage and play mp3s, thats some of the most irresponible shit ive heard of

your job as a dj is to inspire people with music, high quality recorded music, representing the artists you play with the version of music which they spent hours on end, recording mixing and mastering

people are not inspired, music is very very bad right now, because long story short, no one can feel the music anymore

the sound is digital, and there is no true sound waves comin out of the speakers, and our bodies respond, scientifically, to cerain resonances, its something you dont hear, its somethin you feel, like you know when the tv is on, but nothing is playin, extreme frequencies that deal with the emotional aspect of people

sound is very powerful, and the very idea of emulating existing products, and taking steps back in sound quality, and downloading music which u have no idea how it was encoded, and this whole commercial, ease and convenience, over quality and good work ethic, is why society in general is in jeopardy

many of you djs dont understand how powerful sound is, if you truely did, youd make it your priority to provide sound at the highst of caliber

as we all know, analog is still the best, be it vinyl records, or the equipment used to make the music

you need electrons coming out of that speaker, resonanting real sound for real analog bodies to have a physical response to

everyone is fakin the funk big time

the game is getting way too easy, serato has automated mixing too, thats just funny, but regardless of how easy they make it, you will never get the skills, ethics, that come from true work
soeasy 4:55 PM - 31 January, 2007
i smell mr. rucker in this post.

glad to know you're holding on to the past dude.
it's not 98 anymore....and since when has serato implimented
auto mixing? uhhh NEVER. get over yourself.

serato doesn't do shit but keep us from having to lug around crate after crate of records. oh wait it does do more. i can rock any type of party at any point in time AND if i put together a track i can rock it the second i'm done with it. plus it still acts exactly like the same old vinyl i grew up with every single time.

you must enjoy pissing into the wind.
Pete Moss 5:02 PM - 31 January, 2007
The analog sound of vinyl sure sounds great playing all the new stuff that is digitally recorded and mastered. You must have worked for Vestax while I was building my time machine.
Mr. $weetlife 5:07 PM - 31 January, 2007
Mr. Rucker? More like Mr. Rectum!!!
Momma told me to never argue with idiots!
So, I won't...
But can this post be considered a digital "EYE ROLL?" or a "Whatever?"
Serato has revolutionized DJing as we know it, while still leaving in the essential things that brought us into this life in the first place.
All the other "me too" products don't work quite right...

Get over it...

Serato RULES, YOU SUCK!!!

I'm a fanboy through and through...

Damn, I argued with you anyway!
the ruckazoid 5:20 PM - 31 January, 2007
the fuck you think it is
ruckazoid, rucker

clever

its funny how pseudo forward thinking people think that holding on to tried true methods is a sign of being out dated

do you have a major label deal, do you have 10 records about to be released in 2007 alone on major indies, have you designed a turntable or a mixer

u probably think i even look the same
im vegan

you probably think i make the same style music
no, its more advanced and is for body moving

my cuts are more devastating than ever

im actually holding on to the most efficient methods that work
after all, youdont know where your going unless you know where youve been

i know where weve been, and cheapening sound and puttng emphasis on ease, is a step back on all accounts

th very fact that theres an emulator, for something that is good on its own, is faulty off the top

its like having a emulation rolex
why, oh, its lighter than the real one

i keep up with advancements that are truely worthwhile and are in tune with the same ethics of highest quality sound

so your, oh, i know rucker, angle, is stupid, because
you dont know me, and for you to take that approach shows that youve been offended because you have weak principles and your accomplishments dont even measure up to mine, and its no mistake that i have a more stict ethics to my art

i dont hate no one, so stay on the point here

oh theres no automixing in serato

pat on the back

the fact it was discussed as a feature, just goes to show where the heads of the users are at
if it was implemented, i would be considered living in the past because i use my hands haha

as for you rockin parties, haha, not if im on the bill with you, and your using digital

you cant beat science
Monk-A 5:20 PM - 31 January, 2007
FLOL!!

thats just a copy and paste from Asisphonics; someone just trying to stir it up in Ricci's name.

There's a whole thread on Asis about this and i seriously doubt ricci would come onto this board dig up an ancient thread an then C&P his sh*t again on here...

but as for the sentiments of the post? if he was so against Digital he wouldn't be selling his shit on Itunes would he?
CMega 5:28 PM - 31 January, 2007
I respect what you do RR but I don't feel anything you do. Not enough electrons I'm guessing.
scotty B 5:42 PM - 31 January, 2007
Ok. I think Monk-A is onto something. Ricci Rucker has got Mad skills.. For real.. He is a talented man. I don't know if he has said in any articles before that he is against serato? Regardless, everyone has an opinion, and the choice to voice it. ... but Would Mr. rucker really waste his time here?
Monk-A 5:45 PM - 31 January, 2007
yeah he's pretty much said all that on Asis, whihc is currently down.

But i doubt he'd come over here and starts a diatribe with a gorup of people who couldn't careless about what he does.

if it is him then it's pretty sad.
Mr. $weetlife 6:01 PM - 31 January, 2007
I just like to mix and expose people to all their future favorite songs. Serato makes it much easier for me to do that. I'm not in this to get rich, hang with Diddy or play out in Ibiza. I have a great day job and two sons to feed. Congratulations to you and your success, you must have worked very hard for that. If that is the case, your success should be self-evident. You don't need to get on a forum and trumpet that. If we are all such slackers for using Serato then you can continue to "keep it real." If that is what the public truly wants then you have nothing to worry about and you will be even MORE successful.
shiestO! 6:01 PM - 31 January, 2007
Quote:

99 of all of the serato users are not pros

only 99? so the rest of us are pro's? thanks man. no but seriously... who is this guy? i'm tired of these haters.

then he ends the post with "you can't beat science". this negates his entire fuggin argument! what a dumbass. he's talking about disapproval of science (development/use of ssl) and then praising it at the end. i'm rather angry with this guy. obviously sound quality is important. and this so called "accomplishment" having person i've never heard of, can't roll with his crew? what does his crew play? come on. i complain as much as the next guy but this argument just holds no water.

oh yeah and about your "devastating cuts" post a mix or STFU. srsly.

(sorry im done)
shiestO! 6:12 PM - 31 January, 2007
alright my bad for that post bein so angry. i shouldn't get so worked up. let him think and say what he thinks. at the end of the day,

i can still play with my cue points.
s42000 6:15 PM - 31 January, 2007
I wonder what is attracting these turds around here ?
Pete Moss 6:17 PM - 31 January, 2007
Ruckie, while we may question your fame; there is no doubt you weren't an English teacher. Maybe a good steak would help your grammar.
tig ol' bitties 6:17 PM - 31 January, 2007
who gives a fuck what he thinks? yeah he is known and obv feels as tho he's earned the right to hate on serato but thats just like anyone else here. its an opinion.
if he's happy with vinyl yippy skippy for him.

Primo has already said everything this dude is saying, so its pretty much as tired as i gets.
tig ol' bitties 6:17 PM - 31 January, 2007
as it* gets
sweetL 6:45 PM - 31 January, 2007
who cares what he thinks?

a lot of classic musicians say that todays producers arent real musicians because they dont use 'real' instruments.

lots of rock musicians discount house as music because 'it doesnt use a real guitar, a real piano, or a real drum kit'..

if anyone wants to be so close minded, let them listen to nothing but analogue instruments only, because thats the upshot of their own argument.

if a house / techno dj says 'uh, serato aint djing' then give them the preceding argument.

its a technological and musical advancement. you dont have to like or respect it, but it dont change what it is.
CMOS 6:56 PM - 31 January, 2007
Forget musicians, his fellow colleagues with bigger names are rockin serato so it must not suck.

Mixmaster Mike
Jazzy Jeff

Nuff Said.

Also ban him for promoting the Controller One.
sixxx 7:08 PM - 31 January, 2007
No entiendo de que se trata todo esto. Disculpa. Soy nuevo. :P
DJ Young Herrera 7:10 PM - 31 January, 2007
¿es verdad que SSL no se puede utilizar con el regulador 1? Gracias, soy nuevo también.
Dj Metro 7:11 PM - 31 January, 2007
a dope dj is a dope dj...doesnt matter what he uses..lets b real do you think people on the dancefloor realy give a fuck on what the dj is using.cd,serato,finalcrap,ect........
DJ Young Herrera 7:12 PM - 31 January, 2007
he said "finalcrap"...hahahaha
Dj Metro 7:15 PM - 31 January, 2007
coño
andrew b 7:30 PM - 31 January, 2007
he is obviously some stupid little kid, that does not have a grasp on djing and probably not a dj. just ignore him. this is a free forum remember? he is just bored and trying to cause trouble.
andrew b 7:31 PM - 31 January, 2007
because anyone with half a brain knows that serato has given a rebirth to many old school djs that are just sick of the same ole shit.
DJ CISCO 8:03 PM - 31 January, 2007
The best thing to say is to say nothing at all! So here it is....................................................................
was that too digital?)
Let your music and mixing do the talking!
MC Sh*t Head 8:06 PM - 31 January, 2007
i've watched demostrations of people doin their routines on sertaot on youtube and they were pretty medicodre *no offense* i still plan to get serato, but iam gonna wait till i hone my dj skills more for atleast i can have the gift of knowing i was good at vinyl before i got into serato
CMega 8:17 PM - 31 January, 2007
Are you people planning on doing turntablism routines at dance clubs? Can Rucker rock a dance floor? Everything I've seen of him has been people sitting around watching him like a band. And they only rock for a few minutes. He has a video on youtube with d-styles and I must say, it's pretty lame.
scotty B 8:19 PM - 31 January, 2007
Doesn't D-Styles rock SSL? Curse, Rhett, J, Melo, and Babs do...
the ruckazoid 8:48 PM - 31 January, 2007
www.turntablelab.com

whos left in the so called turntablism dj game

i bet you havent even heard the below

www.turntablelab.com
www.turntablelab.com

its funny how toys call me a hater, when none of the people shouting that nonsense could even do half of what i do on the daily

im signed to a major label, and have
10 albums coming out this year alone

this shit is only good for nerds, because when a real dj, like myself, calls you on it, you dont even believe its me for one

and if it is me, then its sad all of a sudden, why cause i act human, and talk to people online

nah, i think its sad that theres so many sellouts, and people shortsighted mistakening ease for advancement

it makes perfect sense though, because this is the general trend
in all fields, low over head, cheaper products, and very easy to use

when you break it down to sound, skills, and true respect, you guys cant even speak on it, pretension, or fact

people saying they dont like any of my shit, god damn, have you even heard it, you probably heard my shit that i digitally

an i did put those albums on itunes, because they are digital, not only that, the amount of uneducated people who think someone like mike relm is a god at scratching, needs a level of someone reaching out to them

its even strange that me doing that would be more than a simple acknowledgement to certain people wanting to listen to shitty encoded music, so be it

im sure you probably think im am what i was 4 years ago, probably even think i look the same

everything has changed
haha, im vegan now, to top it off

everyone is free to do what they want, i thought this was assumed, so all this hater talk is rubbish, its a cop out if anything, and no one in here, on some real talk shit, is more accomplished, so this is how people with accomplishments are treated

i give factual insight, ive used digital domain probably more creatively than many of you will ever even attempt

i used digital medium like everyone else, for the cheap and ease of it

its true, if your talented, you will get your voice out regardless of the medium

thing is, as youdevelop and grow, your gear must grow, and your knowledge of the science of sound, so you can further have a greater impact of what you do, it benefits you

i did that, i made that jump, and it takes a while, takes sacrifice and commitment

what im seeing now is people trying to bring the game down to their level, and convince people that its the level to be at, because everyone is doing it, and for ease and convinience

its funny, cause when i throw down my 50 gs on my marketing, and the labels market my shit at the same time, everyone becomes hyped, but when the real actual shit is in your face, be it online, or whereever, people get scared and defensive, protecting the idea of ease and laziness

its just not a professional tool
thats like using digital compression on 2 track tape

are you kidding me

people seem fearful of someone calling you lazy, thats funny

ive been in this game a long time, and ive seen and predicted much of whats happened, this is untold, and people arent seeing the effect they have on the respect and integrity of the game

many people dont respect having to work a job, or hustle your ass off, to put money into making a record or cd, a physical manifestation, to put their stuff out, then shaking hands droppin off cds, doing shows, and havin to lugg gear

people dont lug crates cause they wanna seem real, people lugg crates cause records sound better, especially if you have your mixer hooked up to a preamp

theres something to be said when someone puts their money where their mouth is

everyone who promotes this product was someone doing their thing at one point, but cant speak a thing about that thing right now

this is shocking to hear, cause this shit is plain as day to me

haha, i can see how people look at me in their head, and i know im exactly the opposide, dude, im paid right now, theres nothin sad about me addressing a situation which is still far under addressed

my site is down cause im changing to bigger servers, haha a swear, only nerds are quick to call a site being down, because nerds care about shit like that

leaving out the fact that its been up for 2 years straight, first down time in 2 years, come on man

too much

my only point is, everything has its purpose, i can see a studio use for serato, but the way people use this, saturates the game, and throws off the dynamics of distributors, record stores, artists, and a consolidation of a lower quality format through one of two sources like itunes, making them the gate keepers of all music

after all, consolidation is what its all about, its not about building anything custom, or piece by piece studios, its about have a system that you can consolidate all of your music in, so its eaaaasier, yeah man, ease, its great

i know a lot of people buy music still, i know i do, but this mp3 shit at all levels, is not justified

there are only a few who could justify the use of the technology creatively beyond lazy asses who want everything easy, and these people, dont really use this for that reason, because its subpar to what already exist

what we have here is a bunch of people who are pseudo advance tech heads, who have confused ease and laziness and years of developing techniques, only ot be consolidated and digitized for an unjustified money paying nerd to capitalize off of

if any of you have a problem, i suggest listening, obviously in mp3, to a ruckazoid cut session, and then ask yourself if you think you can bang it like that with digital or control vinyl like that

if you say you can, you are completely clueless, cause if you did, youd feel me, and be trying to make some music

this is not a diss, its insight

theres too much so called opinion on music, and a complete ignorance of objective skills which are not comended or respected, not only artistically, but within buiness and how the business moves from an independent point of view

dj metro, do you think the dancefloor cares what the dj is using

the answer is yes

and its your job to care, thats why they dont
so if you as a dj is gonna give yourself fan standards, then you should just be a fan

do you know how many fans would of been happy with marvin gayes whats going demo tape, 5 takes before the final one which everyone knows and loves, a lot of people, but they werent, and thats what seperates the fans from the artist

if you give yourself fan standards, and then think that validates you as an artist, then you have it ass backwards

yes, of course they care, what you use determines the sound, flat bass means people dont feel it as much, they wanna be engulfed, the technology being promoted today doesnt promote this, it detracts

ps, im not pretencious, im blunt, the biggest pretense is people worried about seeming pretencious, instead of just speaking

i don judge people, you do what you want, but when you see me doing my thing, dont say no one didnt tell you, for real

i think we can all agree that we all like music, and i think we can all agree people need to hear music, my whole thing is, give them the best, and only the best, if you, the djs, the gatekeepers of the musical inspiration, lower your standards, then whats the use

you might as well sell it all to mac or microsoft, and get chips in your arms
tig ol' bitties 9:01 PM - 31 January, 2007
I respect what you say cuz like i said everyone has opinions, but to be honest I have listened to hip hop for 15 years on the reg, old skool, new skool, dj's, underground and have never heard of you.

I am new to the game so I cant say shit really and i will say my skills are very limited. All I can say is from seeing other big name DJ's post on this forum (AM, sizzahands, Riz, kevin scott, revolution even those his words were kinda harsh) none of them have had this sorta arrogance you are showing.

You may be as dirty as you claim to be, but coming off the way you do (gives me at least) absolutely no inspiration or motivation to wanna hear any of your work.

Maybe if by some odd chance some one i am with plays some of your shit I will understand why you can speak the way you do, but until then its just huff and puff.

If you wanna call me out go ahead. I am not big, I am not that good by any "super dj standard", and I will say that point blank.
If you wanna call serato DJ's posers, fine, sweet, awesome. You just gotta realize its more then poser and lazy DJ's using it.
its 2007 shit was bound to happen eventually, so either flow with it, or bitch elsewhere.

like i said, nuff respect for your accomplishments, but the arrogance and rediculousness is just plain juvenile esp on a serato forum.

peace
the ruckazoid 9:02 PM - 31 January, 2007
Quote:
Are you people planning on doing turntablism routines at dance clubs? Can Rucker rock a dance floor? Everything I've seen of him has been people sitting around watching him like a band. And they only rock for a few minutes. He has a video on youtube with d-styles and I must say, it's pretty lame.

its funny you say that, what we did back then, has been adapted by pretty much everyone, and a group called birdy nam nam i believe is turntablism, but party rocking style

so its not about me taking it everywhere, but i opened up a lot of doors where people are exploring, i no longer explore like that

my controller one, has midi, and can be controlled with midi, i do bugged out scratch stuff with custom records connected to my midi setup and all of the cv connections and what not

its science, math, and art, with modular visuals
expensive

those videos are 4 years old though, i was a young 22 years old then, and things have changed drastically, you wouldnt even recognize me physically, everything has changed, thats life

i was experimenting with ideas at that moment, which has developed where im at now, which are projects with big money behind it

but its all politics at this point, you got bread, you gonna be heard, thats the game

i only rock parties now

turntablism is one aspect of what i do, and is the conceptual core of my sound

no one has seen what i really do, just tastes, thats how it was supposed to be, because i knew what you see now, wasnt what i was supposed to be doing, which is why is not mindblowing al encompassing with visual, full cmposition, money promotion, all that was just mindblowing shit from one aspect

it surely gave me plenty of insight and ideas to more traditionally composed music though, and that implmented with true futurism scratches, makes this music i do now, extremely potent, and something i believe is my destiny

i think people will have an entirely different picture of what i do now, not only because its developed into this original megablaster sound system, but because its a brand, a style, an image, all to the specific artistic invision

before was just trialblazing and not knowing what was to come about it

i only want to move my body and feel good
it wasnt that simple before

anyway, respect to all the people, but realize, its your job to bring the people the highest quality sound, dont cheat your people, and dont cheat yourself
the ruckazoid 9:14 PM - 31 January, 2007
Quote:
I respect what you say cuz like i said everyone has opinions, but to be honest I have listened to hip hop for 15 years on the reg, old skool, new skool, dj's, underground and have never heard of you.

I am new to the game so I cant say shit really and i will say my skills are very limited. All I can say is from seeing other big name DJ's post on this forum (AM, sizzahands, Riz, kevin scott, revolution even those his words were kinda harsh) none of them have had this sorta arrogance you are showing.

You may be as dirty as you claim to be, but coming off the way you do (gives me at least) absolutely no inspiration or motivation to wanna hear any of your work.

Maybe if by some odd chance some one i am with plays some of your shit I will understand why you can speak the way you do, but until then its just huff and puff.

If you wanna call me out go ahead. I am not big, I am not that good by any "super dj standard", and I will say that point blank.
If you wanna call serato DJ's posers, fine, sweet, awesome. You just gotta realize its more then poser and lazy DJ's using it.
its 2007 shit was bound to happen eventually, so either flow with it, or bitch elsewhere.

like i said, nuff respect for your accomplishments, but the arrogance and rediculousness is just plain juvenile esp on a serato forum.

peace

i know people see it like that,
but im simply not pretencious enough to give a shit

i love the fact im relatively unknown, its given me more artistic leverage than i could ask for

i dont wanna be anti-inspirational, cause thats not what i do or represent

know that, and you might see my words differently
the ruckazoid 9:16 PM - 31 January, 2007
i still love you monk a
scotty B 9:18 PM - 31 January, 2007
Ricci... i will be the first to tell you I do not have 1/2 the talent as you behind the wheels. you kill it. Everything you are saying is Valid, it is your opinion. I love vinyl.. I will never stop buying it. I agree that alot of the music now is garbage.... but there are a lot of very talented Dj's using SSL. .... and it doesn't make them any less of a DJ in my opinion.

Respect to you for your skills. Peace.
Dj Metro 9:22 PM - 31 January, 2007
rucazoid....u need a hug............if u have so much shit going on ....What the hell is your fustration?...the game changed........if u got skills..no problem...but u sound like a little kid who is starting out and still lives with his mama..i love vynil and i think serato is a god send..
DJ Young Herrera 9:33 PM - 31 January, 2007
did anyone else catch the part about .mp3s being used for mind control? Sweet!

何かさあ~、こいつは本当にばかだよ。もし読めば、
答えてね。あんたの言葉はくんくん鳴くだけだ。煩ã
„よ。お口を閉め!
tig ol' bitties 9:43 PM - 31 January, 2007
Well I respect your hustle and opinions, but if you want to be an inspiration to DJ's less talented then you def need to relate to us.

I can respect Kanye being as cocky as he is, cuz what he does no one can really touch, but like they say DJ's are a dime a dozen and to me you need much more then just skill to be considered great or good.

People diss on AM all the time for some of the corny shit he plays and how he does the same set or whatever, but to me he is the epitome of a DJ I can respect to the fullest.
He has disgusting skills, but he doesnt have the attitude and arrogance that you think he would.
He is someone who admits is just a lucky guy with talent, and just is doing something he loves.
Thats someone I can get inspired by.

Someone who comes on a forum and goes off about how much better they are then everyone else and how they are so old skool and can do anything on reg vinyl that a serato dj can do, despite the fact I have never heard of, doesnt really sink in well with me.

thats all i am saying. If you like being low key thats cool, but if you wanna be an inspiration to up and coming DJ's the way your going about is def not the best way by any means.

but again nuff respect, you obv are where you are becuz you have earned it, thats it.
Pete Moss 9:51 PM - 31 January, 2007
If being the best means being an pretentious jackass, I don't know if that would make it worth it.

btw, I can do anything with vinyl that I can do with Serato. It's like doing the same thing.
CMega 10:05 PM - 31 January, 2007
You need to come out of the closet Rucker. Damn your an angry man. Your telling me you couldn't do the same scratches with SSL control vinyl compared to real vinyl? Is this whole post really only about sound quality. I mean your sound quality is the greatest anywhere in the whole entire world. And so are your skills, I'm surprised you haven't gotten the attention of anybody outside the turntablist world. Why don't you go win the DMC or ITF since you own everybody. And yes I use vinyl, I actually have over 1000 records. SO I do understand the sound quality arguement. But that's all I agree with. SSL is just fun man. No need to brag how badass you are in a forum where nobody has ever heard of you regardless how many albums you haven't released yet. You came in acting like a total ass. How do you feel about Mix Master Mike and those guys using SSL?
George Tunee 10:09 PM - 31 January, 2007
skills is skills,if you sleep on what you need you probably won't make it with or without serato

i've never been able to be as creative as i am using serato (whether it's sampling my cool(!) but retarded neighbour and cut him up in the club) or play own beats,build/extend bridges,play my own remixes or stuff of friends,tv-sampled scratches..

but it really hurts to hear every second stupid toy telling me he got serato for christmas
DJ GaFFle 10:38 PM - 31 January, 2007
Some of ya'll have too much time on your handz...Do you really read some of these long "novels", I mean...posts?
SYK39 11:01 PM - 31 January, 2007
Quote:
btw, I can do anything with vinyl that I can do with Serato. It's like doing the same thing.

Considering you dont mix or scratch, its not a difficult feat Mr "Best Club DJ in Mechanicsburg", which you had to beg people to vote for you...
Pete Moss 12:00 AM - 1 February, 2007
Syk, with all due respect, I've never said a thing about you; but you make such an assumption that I don't know how to mix and such simply by an award. For the record, I won by a landslide.
SYK39 12:10 AM - 1 February, 2007
people in your town must not be very smart.
DJKOMK6 12:38 AM - 1 February, 2007
this guy has too much time on his hands, like nik 39!! ha
That Guy 1 1:02 AM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:

That was very special.

Hello, I'm a vegan, and I've morphed into a super human scratch-a-zoid. You wouldn't recognize me. That's a part of life.

Bow down! I don't eat meat! My scratches are futuristic, and because I'm a vegan, my site is rarely down, you pseudo-tech guys!

SoulKimma: did you call that kat? What's good?
Thundercat 1:28 AM - 1 February, 2007
I agree completely. All this mp3 DJ’ing stuff is for people with no skill or imagination. I would own anyone that uses this junk. If you are a real DJ you only use records with a battle mixer.

Everyone else is just faking the funk. Ya heard! It all sounds like garbage. Mp3 quality is horrible no matter what you do.

Radio stations that play this, should I tell them that I never really had a gun? It’s just the wax that the Terminator X spun. Woop! Woop! Is the sound of the man working on the chain.

Gang.

Fake SERATO DJ’s got me in a cell, their control records sell but a brother like me says well...ruckazoid is a prohet that I think you ought to listen to.

Rane’s product is badder than bad and that makes me madder than mad your files corrupt as a senator.

I’m Soul on roll, but you fake it like soap on a rope cause the beats in the lines are so dope

Listen for lessons I'm saying inside music that the MICROWAVES are blasting me for

They'll never care for the real DJ brothers and sisters now across the country has us up for the war.

We got to demonstrate,

come on now

they're gonna have to wait

Till we get it right

Radio stations I question their blackness

They call themselves black, but we'll see if they'll play this

TURN IT UP! Woooooo!

If you read this far, you have too much time on your hands! LOL I’m going to copy and paste the above text again and see how many people actually DID read this middle paragraph. Oh, SSL rocks and the haters can eat a dick. =)

I agree completely. All this mp3 DJ’ing stuff is for people with no skill or imagination. I would own anyone that uses this junk. If you are a real DJ you only use records with a battle mixer.

Everyone else is just faking the funk. Ya heard! It all sounds like garbage. Mp3 quality is horrible no matter what you do.

Radio stations that play this, should I tell them that I never really had a gun? It’s just the wax that the Terminator X spun. Woop! Woop! Is the sound of the man working on the chain.

Gang.

Fake SERATO DJ’s got me in a cell, their control records sell but a brother like me says well...ruckazoid is a prohet that I think you ought to listen to.

Rane’s product is badder than bad and that makes me madder than mad your files corrupt as a senator.

I’m Soul on roll, but you fake it like soap on a rope cause the beats in the lines are so dope

Listen for lessons I'm saying inside music that the MICROWAVES are blasting me for

They'll never care for the real DJ brothers and sisters now across the country has us up for the war.

We got to demonstrate,

come on now

they're gonna have to wait

Till we get it right

Radio stations I question their blackness

They call themselves black, but we'll see if they'll play this

TURN IT UP! Woooooo!
the ruckazoid 1:35 AM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
this guy has too much time on his hands, like nik 39!! ha

i have 10 albums, run a label, set up shows, promotion, and am currently moving my offices while im posting this very second

extremely busy

and i think this is the point here

its funny how ive done more today than probably everyone on this board, and yet i have too much time

haha

maybe i just got a lot more done, ever see it that way
the ruckazoid 1:37 AM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

That was very special.

Hello, I'm a vegan, and I've morphed into a super human scratch-a-zoid. You wouldn't recognize me. That's a part of life.

Bow down! I don't eat meat! My scratches are futuristic, and because I'm a vegan, my site is rarely down, you pseudo-tech guys!

SoulKimma: did you call that kat? What's good?

thats pretty funny, but because of the type of normalized people out here, i actually say these things to avoid conversations that people might throw out

unfortunate, but this is the reason

people need too many buffers, like publicists

when you got real skils, u can put it on the table like this, and light the colors shine
the ruckazoid 1:40 AM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
If being the best means being an pretentious jackass, I don't know if that would make it worth it.

well, the problem is, there is no definition of the best

the main reason is because of politics

the same thing happening politically is happening on the microcultures, such as this one

i know a lot of people youd call cool, who are really the most snake people around

i have a very passionate attitude, i speak for what i believe

a lot of people want to fit in, ive always been like this, later hwne the music creeps on you, you might appreciate it

i aint mad at shit
im just tellin the truth, something niggas is scared to do these days
the ruckazoid 1:54 AM - 1 February, 2007
people tend to consider these types of conversations confrontational, it seems cause passion is no longer a common thing

there needs to be more showing and proving, and less marketing and advertising

i truely appreciate anyone with a creative mind, so be creative, demand the highest quality, and do your homework

the idea is to realize you are the creator
so create wisely
like you are actually,
literally changing the world
That Guy 1 2:05 AM - 1 February, 2007
Blah! Blah! Blah!

Get a life. Blah! Blah!

I do more before 4am than most farmers do in a lifetime. My crop is bigger than your crop.

I'm no sell-out! My tractor uses three wagon wheels, and no engine. BLAH! BlaH!
That Guy 1 2:06 AM - 1 February, 2007
I'm normalized with mp3Gain, while others are normalized with AutoGain or ProTools Gain.
DJKOMK6 2:19 AM - 1 February, 2007
is 2007 ,you are a HUMAN ,stop thinking that you are gods gift to the dj world, That's is why I like Q Bert , the guy is humble ,and is a master of what he does, learn something DUDE!!!
SYK39 2:24 AM - 1 February, 2007
MP3s played through Serato DO sound like shit, thats why I am very hesitant to say "Serato is just like real vinyl". Real vinyl sounds the BEST, but at the same time, I havent carried any crates in over 2 years... It is what it is... Trading off sound quality for convenience. Blah, but I like the ruckazoid and what he has to say.
DJUnknown 2:56 AM - 1 February, 2007
What up Ricci Rucker. Welcome to the board. I won't go into who I am or how long I've been in the game or my skills of what I can and can't do. You have some valid points, I agree about the one about the sound quality.

Have you ever tried using Serato? If so was it at least one the versions released within the last year?

In my case my main reason for going to Serato is because it was getting increasingly difficult to find records on vinyl that I needed/wanted to play at shows/clubs/parties, etc. What was a vinyl loving dj like me to do? Vinyl is not being pressed up like it was back in the 80's. Even promo copies of some things are scarce. Each year less and less vinyl is being pressed. Serato allowed me to have those songs that I needed on vinyl.

In the club, the average club goer or should I say over 90% of the people there couldn't tell if you were playing a high quality MP3 or an actual record. Most people don't listen to music that closely when they are partying so unless it's a very extreme difference they are not going to notice. Also, they have been brainwashed with that tinny sound via downloads from the net and CD's. Point being, while I like the sound vinyl better, if the only way to have the songs on "vinyl" is to use Serato, I'm not going to say no I'm a purist, I just won't play these 25 or so hot records. At the end of the night people don't give a shit about whether you played MP3's or vinyl. They just care that you rocked the joint. And if you really think about it...most of this new stuff geting played in the clubs ain't "quality" music anyway..."nah I need "Laffy Taffy" on wax, I like the warm sound that vinyl brings out of that casio keyboard".
DJKOMK6 3:10 AM - 1 February, 2007
Word!!!
Monk-A 9:08 AM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
i still love you monk a

ha!ha!ha!ha! long time no argue Ricci, you well?

I do think things are different 4 years on, i think people have drifted off and done what they set out to do you included and i totally respect that.

The only problem here is you're applying you're musicians values and techniques to a bunch of guys who aren't all interested in that aspect of DJ'ing, even some of the "tablists" that post on here aren't thinking in these realms....

peace
DJ Jinnai 9:48 AM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
Blah! Blah! Blah!

Get a life. Blah! Blah!

I do more before 4am than most farmers do in a lifetime. My crop is bigger than your crop.

Agreed!
DJ Jinnai 10:03 AM - 1 February, 2007
In the words of Redman....

WHATEVA MAN. :)
blackavenger 1:24 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
Changing the world has very little to do with what equipment you use; it's what you do with it. That's like saying "if you want to write speeches that are gonna make a difference, you have to use pen type X on paper type Y, then deliver it through microphone type Z". Focus on the content; that's where the world-changing substance is.

Great analogy d:raf.
sweetL 1:59 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
Changing the world has very little to do with what equipment you use; it's what you do with it. That's like saying "if you want to write speeches that are gonna make a difference, you have to use pen type X on paper type Y, then deliver it through microphone type Z". Focus on the content; that's where the world-changing substance is.

preach!
DJ Young Herrera 2:26 PM - 1 February, 2007
i'm scratching my balls right now...i didn't even read any of the last 25 posts. but i feel like i know what that douche said. maybe if i keep typing i won't resent my job so much. the person on the other side of the cubical from me is too quiet. i think they may be planning to kill me. i just realized that i typed i'm scratching my balls right now with one hand, cuz i was scratching my balls...no thoughts...the post it notes are pink. working with Japanese people is a special skill. not everyone can do it. their sound quality is very low. but they all have ipods. i hope ford doesn't go out of business this year...is it wrong to be from detroit and like japanese cars? how come noone disses americans for riding european cars' jocks? doesn't make sense to me. is it because they are produced by white people? this stream of concsiousness thing is overrated. i think my monitor is dimmer than it was yesterday and the battery in my wireless mouse is going dead. I should go get another one from the supply closet. damn, my coffee is done. i really love the taste of coffee but i don't want to drink another cup or i'll be up all night playing with my decks and not get any sleep and be late to work again tomorrow. i should really move back to tokyo. but then i'd have to dump my girlfriend. but i think that would be ok with me...am i a dick? probably. well, maybe not a dick but definitely an asshole. i think IT may be spying on me. they're probably monitoring how much i'm on this website. i wonder what ruckazoid is doing right now. he's probably sleeping from being tired from all of the stuff he had to do yesterday. his hands must be tired from all of that typing..that combined with an alien like scratch regimen which he must constantly practice must make him sleepy. i wish i had enough money for a ttm57...that would make my week. maybe i'll go to the casino this weekend if i have a chance. where the hell is my boss? and toyoda-san? i wonder if they're in the video conference room. i should check the calendar to make sure the dates for isla verde are good with takahashi-san. don't want anything f-ing that trip up. man i need to hit the treadmill so i can look good on the beach. only two months till PR. nice. i don't like rum though. I hope they have corona there.
Monk-A 3:13 PM - 1 February, 2007
FLOL!!!

That sh*t was hilarious!
That Guy 1 3:20 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
their sound quality is very low. but they all have ipods.

Tee-Hee!!!
mister iLL 6:57 PM - 1 February, 2007
dj young herrera, you're alright with me
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 7:04 PM - 1 February, 2007
isn't it weird.

how we have sooooo much to say, but while at work, we are all quietly typing away.

so much silence, but yet, all these minds conversating.

what's good on youtube these days?
DJ Jinnai 8:35 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:

what's good on youtube these days?

Old clips of reading rainbow. :)
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 8:40 PM - 1 February, 2007
i actually prefer ol vids of my little pony
the ruckazoid 8:55 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
Blah! Blah! Blah!

Get a life. Blah! Blah!

dog , you got an e40 interview on your site

you shouldnt even speak, type of nigga that get hyped on hyphy,
haha
the ruckazoid 8:57 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
is 2007 ,you are a HUMAN ,stop thinking that you are gods gift to the dj world, That's is why I like Q Bert , the guy is humble ,and is a master of what he does, learn something DUDE!!!

no, he isnt humble, far from it,

hes quiet, and there is a difference

thats why everything is out of wack, people believe everything they read and see, and the most on point people have to deal with idiots like yourself, because they dont go through public relations and publicists to represent who they really are

people speak on qbert, or me, or people like you actuall know em

qbert humble, funny
the ruckazoid 9:02 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:

no its not homie

with words, it doesnt matter,

in this case, the types of words you use, would matter, not the pen

in the case of sound, the types of sound generation you use, matters, not only sonically, but functionality and the types of ways one must use the medium to get different results

im glad you posted that, because you embody this false logic where you actually believe that equipment doesnt have an effect on your application, your vision, or the actual sound
the ruckazoid 9:07 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
i'm scratching my balls right now...i didn't even read any of the last 25 posts. but i feel like i know what that douche said. maybe if i keep typing i won't resent my job so much. the person on the other side of the cubical from me is too quiet. i think they may be planning to kill me. i just realized that i typed i'm scratching my balls right now with one hand, cuz i was scratching my balls...no thoughts...the post it notes are pink. working with Japanese people is a special skill. not everyone can do it. their sound quality is very low. but they all have ipods. i hope ford doesn't go out of business this year...is it wrong to be from detroit and like japanese cars? how come noone disses americans for riding european cars' jocks? doesn't make sense to me. is it because they are produced by white people? this stream of concsiousness thing is overrated. i think my monitor is dimmer than it was yesterday and the battery in my wireless mouse is going dead. I should go get another one from the supply closet. damn, my coffee is done. i really love the taste of coffee but i don't want to drink another cup or i'll be up all night playing with my decks and not get any sleep and be late to work again tomorrow. i should really move back to tokyo. but then i'd have to dump my girlfriend. but i think that would be ok with me...am i a dick? probably. well, maybe not a dick but definitely an asshole. i think IT may be spying on me. they're probably monitoring how much i'm on this website. i wonder what ruckazoid is doing right now. he's probably sleeping from being tired from all of the stuff he had to do yesterday. his hands must be tired from all of that typing..that combined with an alien like scratch regimen which he must constantly practice must make him sleepy. i wish i had enough money for a ttm57...that would make my week. maybe i'll go to the casino this weekend if i have a chance. where the hell is my boss? and toyoda-san? i wonder if they're in the video conference room. i should check the calendar to make sure the dates for isla verde are good with takahashi-san. don't want anything f-ing that trip up. man i need to hit the treadmill so i can look good on the beach. only two months till PR. nice. i don't like rum though. I hope they have corona there.

theres nothing worse than a cop out who overly uses sarcasm to compensate for a real discussion

notice, no one has really focused on the points i mentioned, just fear and laziness is being expressed, and sometimes the fear of being called lazy

whats the most common human trait,

fear or lazyness

toys get played with
tig ol' bitties 9:11 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

theres nothing worse than a cop out who overly uses sarcasm to compensate for a real discussion

notice, no one has really focused on the points i mentioned, just fear and laziness is being expressed, and sometimes the fear of being called lazy

fear or lazyness

toys get played with

Maybe its cuz no one cares about points made by someone with such arrogant, supercilious, and pompous behavior.
Monk-A 9:14 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:

fear or lazyness

toys get played with

Quote:
The only problem here is you're applying you're musicians values and techniques to a bunch of guys who aren't all interested in that aspect of DJ'ing, even some of the "tablists" that post on here aren't thinking in these realms....

ok i'll bite, your on the wrong forum Ricci, 99% of the people on here aren't even tablists, just party rocking DJ's, they don't reall care about you baiting views on production and how to do it.

now it feels like 4 years ago, you do you're thing let others do theirs and let your work speak for itself.

peace
djivanlopez.com 9:15 PM - 1 February, 2007
Young Herrera, too damn funny!

If anyone hates Serato so bad, just do so on your own space and not ours (Serato users)!
the ruckazoid 9:38 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
And if you really think about it...most of this new stuff geting played in the clubs ain't "quality" music anyway..."nah I need "Laffy Taffy" on wax, I like the warm sound that vinyl brings out of that casio keyboard".

thing is, shit like laffy taffy wouldnt be made if better equipment was avaialble commercially

soon, there gonna say music equipment sales have gone down

maybe thats because some of the keyboards the sell actually have a screen on the keyboard that has a pointless picture of the keyboard itself, with cheesy sounds, and worse off, no introduction to how things were done

also, if you think people get hyped to laffy taffy, or any of that mainstream bullshit, your bout to witness something amazing

what they get hyped on is familiarism, that is it

thats the whole idea of marketing

not the music, so once again, its politics, you play most anythin on the radio as much as they pay these djs to, youll have most people in the club getting hyped to whatever it is being played at the club

so dont confuse high radio play with true emotional feedback from people

mp3s and downloads have ade its emergence as it has because of the lack of quality music, combined with the lack of history to young kids, and horribly produced commercial dj and music equipment

people cant even make a complete album, an worse off, people dont even trust artists, thats why they download one song, and dont even look forward to an album, or the artwork

its all cheap

djs have sold themselves out, believing thats what people wanna hear, thats to you djs who play it, i dont care who you are, cause i can get on stage with anyone, and outbang, dont doubt, please

go watch the movie, wattstax, if you can find it, get a picture of how things used to be, the suject matter addressed, nothings changed ppolitically other than the fact that the oppressors have fully funded the demise of culture, specifically in th blacks and latino commuities, witness the music for proof

while the weak artist, the laffy taffys the 50s etc, sell their people out doing the complete opposite of what minorities have worked to change

the message is anti human and is r3everse, like he equipment, it s obvious

the fast food and drugs in the food, as food is the biggest drug, has made peoples mind even more lazy, already growing up against the grain and counted out

the only hope at one point was music, and its inspiration good feelings

now

yeah

its politics, and djs, one of the last possible reinforcements against the poisoning of minds, are believing the hype, and in some cases practically forced to play something that sets people back 50 years, or lose their job

assuming people feel inspiration and a good feeling in their heart when they hear the most weakest produced and insanely negative messages, is jsut mindless

most people will reject it, like organic food into a body used to fastfood, but after a week, and after regaining senses, you will ask yourself, how did i ever not notice the effect and feelin it had on my body

people deal with the pain, and think its normal

i think some of you need to explore what

the law of attaction

is

were merely energy, and energy is neither created nor destroyed
the only other thing we know like that is god

the fact is, your god, and you can change the world with your thoughts, litterally

all thought scientifically mesaures bewteen 4-6khz, this is how all living things and the universe commuicates, this is why we flow, you have always been hear, we are simply energy

in other words, what you think, becomes

the challenge is to keep your thoughts on what you want not what you dont what

this is unbelievable to imagine for people
the struggle has always been for people to realize this metaphor which religion at one point attempted to explain

i urge everyon to test the waters

what we need now is positive music, and people to understand why sound is important, an understand the types of sound thats being used for and against our progress as people

there are plenty of studies on the science of sound, and its beneficial properties

to me, this is what mkes certain music, factually better than other music

this is science, its just how it is, and anything against it, ssetially goes against itself and tjhe energy around it

wht happens when people do that
and they cant recognize it

the body is the medium in which all sound is judged, the effect on the human body, physically, and spiritually, with its results proven on the effect of peoples thought patterns which can be measured

this is what its about, thus if a privately owned , shadily recorded mp3s, consolidated to a few mp3 providers, becomes the way music is distributed, then the fight to preserve these truths will only be that much more strenuous, because nothing will ever be hopeless

these things are rarely discussed, and when discussed, joked about by people who claim to be the professional distributors of sound, djs

sound vibrations is the deepest resonance of life, and people make the weakest songs, throw around low qulity everything, for a low energy monetary reasoning, and you wonder why people are so fucking out the game these days

doesnt have to be that way

it can be everyone doing their thing, in their own way with a common respect for ethics, and integrity of sound
the ruckazoid 9:42 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:

If anyone hates Serato so bad, just do so on your own space and not ours (Serato users)!

hey nerd, yeah you

its not about serato, or vestax, or a brand

we all love new technology

im talking application here buddy, and putting things into perspective

its about understanding science and the application of sound so you can plain and simply

party harder

there is only one hope, to have as much fuckin fun as you can, and do it as best as possible

the less wack djs, the better, trust me, i have a whole world who can attest
DJ Jinnai 9:51 PM - 1 February, 2007
HAHA go write a book.
DJ Autograph 9:58 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

fear or lazyness

toys get played with

Maybe its cuz no one cares about points made by someone with such arrogant, supercilious, and pompous behavior.

With Tig on this one. Love the wording too. hahaha

You know what happend to the dinosaurs right????
DJ Jinnai 10:00 PM - 1 February, 2007
Are you a time traveler? Last time I looked at the year, it said 2007.
dj disturbed 10:02 PM - 1 February, 2007
^^^ Yawn

You know.. I hate the fact that SSL has allowed the kid who has never dj's in a club b4 to go out a buy it... and Download all the newest DJ AM And Crooklyn Clan mash-up and suddenly be a local super star b/c he can play them back to back (without even beatmaching). But thats not the falt of the program b/c for those of us who have been DJ for any amount of time.. W know that dj's like that burn out quickly and who do the clubs turn to... the DJ's who have been doing it long enough to not burn out a crowd.
I love serato b/c it give us dj's who have been doing this long enough the ability to expand ourselves. Last night I was at the Grand opning VIP party for a new club that i have been doing lighting consulting for. The DJ there is a realy good friend of mine and he finaly got serato after 15+ years of only using vinyl and one very old CDJ-500 fortracks he didnt have on vinyl(wich were not many) or ones he remixed himself. So at the VIP party he was just going to let iTunes play a playlist of music b/c it was basicaly a staff party/ VIP guest party to celibrate there official grand opening on saterday. He didnt have any of his vinyl at the club yet b/c he was not going to be spinning live last night... but he desided to.. we had loaded like 300 tracks onto hiscomputer the other day... and he had never had a chance to practice with SSL... So he jumped right in and start using it.... after 15 mins of spinning (i was LJing beside him) he turned to be and said Searato is the best thing he has ever used!!!
dj disturbed 10:03 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
^^^ Yawn

that yawn was not at you Jinnai or autograph..... it was at the ruckazoid
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 10:04 PM - 1 February, 2007
DJ Jinnai 10:04 PM - 1 February, 2007
What can I say? Times have changed.
DJ Jinnai 10:04 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
^^^ Yawn

that yawn was not at you Jinnai or autograph..... it was at the ruckazoid

I figured that out :)
PikWik 10:05 PM - 1 February, 2007
Watchyoutube.com

did you guys watch that routine?
where he straight kills that shit?!

i feel his comments about serato and mp3s are just. i notice my real CD of DJ Shadow's entroducing sounds much better than the 192kbps rip i downloaded. needless to say i dont play the 192kbps rip (and did a much better job on my rip), but im sure there are some kids out there that do exactly that. download some shitty version of a track, think they struck gold, and then play it out. that shit does bother me as well.

or when i give a cd to a friend to burn and they import into Itunes (at like 128) and then take those imports and make the copy from those.... ! .. thats disgusting, and im scared for anyone that gets ahold of those copies. waste of good music IMO

most of the time. when you download a groups release they include in the info "if you like this buy it".
couldn't be truer

sound quality is huge, and what im all about. i completely understand where Ricci's coming from.

but i also see the need to have serato as another tool to aid in the musical journey.
I love serato.
wonderful tool. way too good a thing to pass up
DJ Jean Verano 10:06 PM - 1 February, 2007
omg the ruckzuck is going to get the scratchliveforumserver explode due to such long posts...

please write down and send everybody "YOUR SELF WRITTEN BOOK" so we can sleep well!
i'm bored reading this in here...
DJ Jinnai 10:07 PM - 1 February, 2007
Rick Hunter, when you publish your book, can I get an autograph?
DJ Jinnai 10:08 PM - 1 February, 2007
Forums = Digital :(

Books = Analog! :)

KEEP IT REAL, YO!
young shiz 10:11 PM - 1 February, 2007
Ruckazoid, if Serato is so bad and you have so much to say and do, why are you here? Don't you have albums to make, vinyl to press, etc.? I'm on a break from doing my work so I'm here but it seems like for a man with so much skill and enterprise going on, you would have much better ways to spend your time than drone on endlessly about being a vegan and how brainwashed we are. You will probably follow my post up with another endless drone but so be it. I would just really recommend writing me a letter on a typewriter instead though, you know since analog should never be sacrificed for digital convience.
joerockets 10:12 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

hey nerd, yeah you

its not about serato, or vestax, or a brand

we all love new technology

im talking application here buddy, and putting things into perspective

its about understanding science and the application of sound so you can plain and simply

party harder

there is only one hope, to have as much fuckin fun as you can, and do it as best as possible

the less wack djs, the better, trust me, i have a whole world who can attest

I give you a lot of respect for being passionate. I read each and every one of your posts and I might just be touching the surface on how deeply you feel about this shit, but man I feel it.
DJ Jean Verano 10:13 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
Forums = Digital :(

Books = Analog! :)

KEEP IT REAL, YO!

but handwritten PLEASE!
DJ Jinnai 10:15 PM - 1 February, 2007
I'd prefer handwritten... In APA format please.

And don't forget to seal it with a WAX candle....
DJ Jean Verano 10:17 PM - 1 February, 2007
but not delivered by UPS or fedex - just by stagecoach
DJ Jinnai 10:19 PM - 1 February, 2007
Or pony express.
DJ Jinnai 10:20 PM - 1 February, 2007
Ye olde Hippee-Hoppee

I see how it is!
DJ Jean Verano 10:22 PM - 1 February, 2007
what about carrier pigeon??? oh wait... there aren't such strong birds to carry his encyclopedia in 24 volumes
sixxx 10:23 PM - 1 February, 2007
Wow. Way too much shit too read. You lost me at Hello.
DJ Jean Verano 10:24 PM - 1 February, 2007
he already lost me with the toppic *g*
Monk-A 10:33 PM - 1 February, 2007
Quote:
Watchyoutube.com

did you guys watch that routine?
where he straight kills that shit?!

Don't think Ricci's skills have ever been in question it's his beliefs and need to preach them to everyone thats always got up people noses.

It shouldn't you just gotta let him say his piece and agree or disagree.

Quote:
i feel his comments about serato and mp3s are just. i notice my real CD of DJ Shadow's entroducing sounds much better than the 192kbps rip i downloaded. needless to say i dont play the 192kbps rip (and did a much better job on my rip), but im sure there are some kids out there that do exactly that. download some shitty version of a track, think they struck gold, and then play it out. that shit does bother me as well.

or when i give a cd to a friend to burn and they import into Itunes (at like 128) and then take those imports and make the copy from those.... ! .. thats disgusting, and im scared for anyone that gets ahold of those copies. waste of good music IMO

most of the time. when you download a groups release they include in the info "if you like this buy it".
couldn't be truer

sound quality is huge, and what im all about. i completely understand where Ricci's coming from.

but i also see the need to have serato as another tool to aid in the musical journey.
I love serato.
wonderful tool. way too good a thing to pass up

what you gotta realise is that he's coming form a purely production/tablist view point.

it's funny cos he's over on Asis promoting the 08 "as hands down the best scratch mixer", a digital hybrid mixer so how does that equate.

one rule for y'all and one for him? hows that work?

at the end of the day Riccis always spoken his mind, thats just something people need to get used to, don't mean you have to listen or adhere to what he says. Just people do their thing and let others do theirs
custom_1 11:04 PM - 1 February, 2007
I know he has skills. I respect that. And i respect his opinions, espically cause they are pretty valid. I do agree this is not the best place to be expressing them, unless he wants alot of people not agreein' with him. But yes, i know Ricci Kills it, i have a dvd(think it's a beatjunkies dvd) but ricci and the others in the group have a set on the special feature and kill it.
RiceCube 12:34 AM - 2 February, 2007
I still don't get the point of his posts... Is he retarded or something? Or just craving some much needed attention? I mean what's the point in going on an SSL forum to trash other DJ's that use SSL? Are you trying to convert us? Show us the light so that we stop using SSL and go back to real vinyl? Or maybe trying to earn respect by sharing his wisdom with us? I have no idea who this fool is, but he's obviously not earned much respect from his posts. I could never respect such an egotistical maniac like this dude. He's in dire need of some pu$$y... Somebody help this fool out!
custom_1 1:19 AM - 2 February, 2007
i just see saying mp3 is a step backwards, does ssl support .flac? is flac not like a compressed/rar'ed wav, and lossless?
Thundercat 1:42 AM - 2 February, 2007
^^ahem. Word. (except for the vegetarian thing)
DJUnknown 1:42 AM - 2 February, 2007
Ricci, out of all that I wrote you take the sarcastic point at the end about Laffy Taffy and address it then go off on a "War and Peace" tangent. What about the two points I brought up..one about Serato (if you have ever used it) and the other about the scarcity of vinyl which is one of the main reasons some of us "old school" DJ's converted to using this technology.

Again I understand your points, but I think as Monk A mentioned you are expressing them in the wrong forum.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 2:02 AM - 2 February, 2007
poke squid
dGutz 5:58 AM - 2 February, 2007
Bored, the stupidity of some people outweighs the nerdiness of others. Last I checked, my nerdiness makes me work half as hard. I'll take it. BTW I don't care about your opinion, especially written in that half ass English that you keep typing. God my head hurts now, I need to call my psychologist.
sixxx 6:07 AM - 2 February, 2007
If your head hurts, a tylenol may be a better option than a psychologist.
DJ Young Herrera 6:14 AM - 2 February, 2007
yo, tell this fucking herb to shut the fuck up. good night.

Actually I'll tell him. Yo, ruckazoid or richard rucker or who ever the fuck you are, shut the fuck up.

I for one do not care about anything that you are saying. If I wanted to be a different kind of DJ, I would be. If I wanted to be an arrogant, poor grammar using, whining, pseudo-fundamentalist ass like yourself. I would be. Fortunately for my friends and family, i'm not.

Fortunately I'm true to myself and to what I want to do. That being to help people enjoy themselves, groove to a good beat, and maybe get some ass after working a long hard, underpaid week. And that is exactly what I do. I myself have a fulltime day job where I use a college degree to help you better listen to your fucking "10 records that are coming out this year" in your car. By the way this is now accomplished digitally in good quality cars using optic cable...but that's another discussion. I doubt your listening to reel-to-reels in whatever hoopty you drive...but I disgress.

I work mad hours in my day job, and serato affords me to be able to do my hobbie, my second job (of choice) if you will, my labor of love, much easier and for that I say thanks to the RANE and Serato Crew. I know this program takes some serious dedication to produce and distribute.

I for one, care less about any of the under developed arguments which you attempted to put forward in this forum.

So i say again, will you please shut the fuck up?

good night.

ps. i did end up having the second cup of coffee and now i'm wired; typing this on my laptop in front of my decks. (standing up).

and i just scratched my balls.
Crickett 6:15 AM - 2 February, 2007
Tylenol is not nearly as good as a couple stiff drinks...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 6:30 AM - 2 February, 2007
i said it before (17,528 words ago) - everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm sure a lot of people out there think that Serato sucks, and that's OK. We, the employees of Serato, are big kids and we can take it. Hell, people might even think our products suck too. I don't mind people debating the pros and cons of our products on these forums. I don't mind people straight out bashing our products on these forums (and for the record, I don't mind people praising competing products on these forums)

But I do mind people being rude to each other. And right now we have people doing just that. I don't have time to read through 17,528 words to find out who started it, so I'm locking this thread.