Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Video and ITCH...

Sparky911 4:22 PM - 2 December, 2009
Am I the only one who wants this feature? I don't see much talk about it here. I just saw the 2009 Serato Customer Survey and there is ZERO mention of video as a "most desired feature" for upcoming releases. Is there any plan to have ITCH work with Video?
DJ MDX 4:48 PM - 2 December, 2009
+1 - Yes I would love video incorporated into ITCH but I think, eventually, that is the plan - at least I hope it is...
spazz 5:03 PM - 2 December, 2009
Quote:
Am I the only one who wants this feature? I don't see much talk about it here. I just saw the 2009 Serato Customer Survey and there is ZERO mention of video as a "most desired feature" for upcoming releases. Is there any plan to have ITCH work with Video?

Baby steps. I think after the efx and sampling has been implemented, you will see more Itch DJs requesting video
kraal 5:55 PM - 2 December, 2009
think is on the intitial launch of the vci-300 and itch at the namm show. the question was asked and the answer was 'no effects and video is in the works' ..... hmmm
kraal 5:56 PM - 2 December, 2009
Quote:
just saw the 2009 Serato Customer Survey and there is ZERO mention of video as a "most desired feature" for upcoming releases. I?

that was for all serato products so they already have video
Sparky911 6:14 PM - 2 December, 2009
Quote:
that was for all serato products so they already have video

ah ha... i see... Thanks.

Frustrating to hear that no video is in the works. :(
kraal 6:27 PM - 2 December, 2009
no ....you read my quote wrong they said they will be no effects and video is in the works.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:33 PM - 2 December, 2009
Quote:
Frustrating to hear that no video is in the works. :(

Unless you hear it from a Serato person it's conjecture and speculation.

I don't see anyone from Serato commenting in this thread so be careful what you believe.
djfrancov 10:01 PM - 2 December, 2009
YEY!!!!! we going to have video...lol
djcerla 10:04 PM - 2 December, 2009
Actually Denon guys already hinted at ITCH Video on a forum ;-)
djfrancov 11:47 PM - 2 December, 2009
i wanna see...were cerla?
djcerla 11:53 PM - 2 December, 2009
djfrancov 12:04 AM - 3 December, 2009
thank u cerla...he said video shortly..yey
kraal 12:20 AM - 3 December, 2009
read the whole post and you wont get THAT excited.... more speculation
djcerla 12:22 AM - 3 December, 2009
kraal, take for granted that Serato partners know the roadmap :)
kraal 2:01 AM - 3 December, 2009
even when he admits to it just being a guess, even when the samething was said by 'serato partners' over 2 years ago ?
casket hands 2:17 AM - 3 December, 2009
can someone explain how video mixing works? I've never seen it used/ used it myself. is it a plug in typically or a second program that runs in parallel? where do you get videos with sufficient quality? can you choose your own video material to use or is it just music videos?
kraal 2:22 AM - 3 December, 2009
casket it all depends on the VJ. you can get music videos from places like promoonly. or you can rip your own from dvd's or your video camera. it usally runs along with your audio software so you can assign video to certain tracks ect.....then just like dj software you can manipulate it like you would audio...loops.cutting.scratching.pitch shifting ect.
spazz 2:29 AM - 3 December, 2009
Casket do some searches on YouTube.
casket hands 2:42 AM - 3 December, 2009
thanks kraal, I'm sure I can find some stuff on youtube but im more interested what you guys have to say about it. if its just an extra cable to hook up to a projector and it does cool visuals for you I'd totally be into that.
kraal 2:45 AM - 3 December, 2009
it uses the extra monitor out on a mac for instance
casket hands 3:20 AM - 3 December, 2009
oh, do you just set it up like a dual screen through the VGA out?
kraal 3:21 AM - 3 December, 2009
yup
kraal 3:22 AM - 3 December, 2009
i am bassing my knowlwedge on VDJ
casket hands 3:23 AM - 3 December, 2009
cool, I think my lappy has the balls to do that.
casket hands 3:24 AM - 3 December, 2009
just going to go make a thread about how itch should have this feature. brb.
kraal 3:38 AM - 3 December, 2009
um isnt that what this thread is about .........
spazz 6:46 AM - 3 December, 2009
:-D
djfrancov 2:35 PM - 4 January, 2010
I was forced to use VDJ for new years...it was really a pain in the ass ..... wrong video for the sound... pitch was of and it didnt move in every other video.

Common Serato ....video please.
Dj Vicko Mexico 12:20 AM - 7 January, 2010
i work with virtual dj + vci 300, work good witout efx , but pich, jogs and leds work @ 100%,
Antony Ellis 12:28 AM - 7 January, 2010
Jeez...as 2.0 gets closer it then becomes an issue that you want more.....already!
Dj Ricky Redz 1:30 AM - 7 January, 2010
i want video! i want video! i want video.........
djfrancov 2:42 AM - 7 January, 2010
i want video so bad...Im ready for it 2 projectors and 10ft screen....I WANT VIDEO!!!!!!
Kmxorbit 8:15 AM - 7 January, 2010
Quote:

Quote:
i want video so bad...Im ready for it 2 projectors and 10ft screen....I WANT VIDEO!!!!!!

@ Serato: seems like some people want video ^^
Dj Yogurt 11:59 AM - 7 January, 2010
+1 on video for the itch. Can't wait for the NAMM in about a week. 2.0 let's go video!!!
djfrancov 2:04 PM - 7 January, 2010
at this point..they have video for SL im sure it cant be impossible. I just can't believe that the only option rite now is VDJ(option with out tt's or cdj's).
lofty 2:30 PM - 7 January, 2010
+1 for itch video.

I tried virtual dj and could't stand it
ended up dusting off the 1200's and SSL and got the VSL plug in. Serato really does make a superior product. I've done lots of video gigs with SSL but want to lighten the load and use the vci.

Hey why not allow the VFX-1 (or the NSFX) control video effects?
to keep with 1-1 mapping you could make a nice overlay that goes over the unit that has the labels for video effects/transitions/control- basically the user gets to choose effects or video.

Also - if it came down to it, a dedicated itch video controller would be an option. to use video with SSL a midi controller makes things MUCH easier, so perhaps a unit similar to the effects that plugs in alongside to allow video.
Dj Vicko Mexico 5:00 PM - 7 January, 2010
I'm sure if they add the pluggin for video cost us another 200 dlls more jajaja

same as SSL
djfrancov 5:16 PM - 7 January, 2010
better than paying 300 for VDJ P.O.S
MusicDan 6:38 PM - 7 January, 2010
I agree...
Dj Ricky Redz 8:44 PM - 7 January, 2010
i dont mind the price either
MusicDan 8:46 PM - 7 January, 2010
You know we are going to have to pay something. Otherwise the SSL guys are going to be mad...
Dj Ricky Redz 9:00 PM - 7 January, 2010
these people should definitely get paid for putting in hard work and creating such a great product!
kraal 11:00 PM - 7 January, 2010
Quote:
You know we are going to have to pay something. Otherwise the SSL guys are going to be mad...

or just make the switch. honestly i hope they can do it without paying extra. that is the whole reason to want to go towards itch.
DJ DU 8:24 PM - 28 August, 2010
Does anyone know for sure it the NS7fx or Itch will support video? If not I'll probally return it.
Kmxorbit 8:38 PM - 28 August, 2010
Quote:
Does anyone know for sure it the NS7fx or Itch will support video? If not I'll probally return it.

About a year ago, the serato team mentioned something like it's on their to do list... they only don't know when...
kraal 8:41 PM - 28 August, 2010
Quote:

itch has NO video ... so you make the call
czar 8:53 PM - 28 August, 2010
Serato doesnt have a nice track record with me so what I would do if I were you would be to return it and wait for itch 2 to come out and see if video is implemented. they promised the 'bridge' a long time ago and even gave a time period but didnt stick to it and its been a LONG time past due so I wouldn't expect them to even give dates anymore and also they already said itch 2 will not have video if i am sure. so....
kraal 8:55 PM - 28 August, 2010
the bridge was NOT announced that long ago
Maskrider 10:10 PM - 28 August, 2010
Resurrected!!!!!
czar 10:37 PM - 28 August, 2010
isnt it a year overdue already? quarters are such big time frames anyways aren't they...

btw I think someone could be messing with people. anyways I have way more important things to spend my time on right now. ta ta

img202.imageshack.us
Dj Fitty 10:55 PM - 28 August, 2010
Quote:

+1
czar 11:28 PM - 28 August, 2010
true kraal it was itch 2 the one that was announced a year ago.. not the bridge part..

it was later stated that once itch 2 finally comes out it, the bridge will be included with it..

my mistake at saying that it was the bridge that was given the now "long time date"..
kraal 12:18 AM - 29 August, 2010
Quote:
true kraal it was itch 2 the one that was announced a year ago.. not the bridge part..

it was later stated that once itch 2 finally comes out it, the bridge will be included with it..

my mistake at saying that it was the bridge that was given the now "long time date"..

right :)
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:34 PM - 29 August, 2010
Quote:
they promised the 'bridge' a long time ago and even gave a time period but didnt stick to it and its been a LONG time past due

Where did you see a due date for The Bridge?
czar 10:43 PM - 29 August, 2010
dont read only what u want..
czar 10:45 PM - 29 August, 2010
I mean u shouldn't..
Eric N 5:43 PM - 30 August, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
they promised the 'bridge' a long time ago and even gave a time period but didnt stick to it and its been a LONG time past due

Where did you see a due date for The Bridge?

That's not the topic of conversation! There probably wasn't ever a time frame announced for the bridge, but regardless... back to the REAL issue here...

You would be doing a LOT of people a favor if you could either confirm or deny future video for Itch!
Maskrider 7:06 PM - 30 August, 2010
It got me all excited when I saw a Moderator,but responded about the Bridge.....lol
Serato, Support
ChrisD 10:26 PM - 30 August, 2010
Video and The Bridge are both absolutely planned for ITCH but I can't give you a time frame at this stage.
djfrancov 10:52 PM - 30 August, 2010
can you at least say if its gonna be after new years? for video.
DJ Pimp 11:08 PM - 30 August, 2010
Quote:
Video and The Bridge are both absolutely planned for ITCH but I can't give you a time frame at this stage.

That's some great news. Thanks for the insight Chris.
Now I'm gonna get drunk, to celebrate :)
Serato, Support
ChrisD 11:41 PM - 30 August, 2010
Quote:
can you at least say if its gonna be after new years? for video.

I'm not trying to be evasive, but I honestly do not know.
KLH 12:12 AM - 31 August, 2010
Le Sigh. This again?

I'm with kraal: If it comes out great. I'd love to have it. If it takes a while, it takes a while. I bought the NS7 (and NSFX unit) for what they do TODAY. If I wanted video TODAY, I would have purchased VDJ or SSL.

-KLH
Maskrider 2:15 AM - 31 August, 2010
Quote:

Finally Somebody Chime in........

Your the Man Chris!!!!! That's all I wanted to hear.....I really don't care about the Bridge as of now.....lol... Probably soon when I get the Video first.
czar 3:06 AM - 31 August, 2010
lol doh u can say anything. u can say its planned. Im planning on building school in many poor places on earth. when I dont know... if i win the lotto soon i will start soon if not it will take me a lot longer.

still someone didnt read everything I wrote when I backed off on myself and said that I made a mistake when I typed... some people. but anyways as some like to say...
czar 3:08 AM - 31 August, 2010
does that statement mean that "both" the video part and the bridge part have no date or only the video part? im confusio
czar 3:08 AM - 31 August, 2010
whatever. what do i care anyways.
kraal 3:21 AM - 31 August, 2010
Quote:
whatever. what do i care anyways.

yeah you are never going to be satisfied so why keep going on about it? are you happy with itch as it is right now?
czar 3:26 AM - 31 August, 2010
yes i am.
czar 3:27 AM - 31 August, 2010
i can do my music work just fine and i got around the sampler feature even thought i cant drop on sync but it's ok.. =]]]
kraal 3:31 AM - 31 August, 2010
Quote:
yes i am.

ok just asking... no reason just sometimes you cant tell on these forums
czar 3:39 AM - 31 August, 2010
i didnt ask why

thankfully I got some other choices when it comes to what I want. =]]
Eric N 3:17 PM - 31 August, 2010
Quote:

Thank you! That's all I wanted to hear. :) I will keep using my trusty 1200s and 57 for my video shows and hang onto my VCI, waiting patiently.
Dj Vicko Mexico 7:06 PM - 1 September, 2010
well .. I could do work on VDJ + VCI300, if you are interested send me an e-mail and I pass the configuration

dj_vicko10@hotmail.com

I have worked with both for several nights at my club, not the best but a good solution
tedrostarr 5:29 PM - 2 September, 2010
Here's my thing..ITCH... or VESTAX... we pay $6 7 800 + for a good program W/O many of the basic VIDEO functions on almost ALL of your competitors.. and they pay how much.. ? and we paid how.... much... ? Hopefully soon..its been far too long..

In todays age of tech, vidz, music and all.. this is a MUST.. but just my . . opinion..
kraal 6:12 PM - 2 September, 2010
Quote:
Here's my thing..ITCH... or VESTAX... we pay $6 7 800 + for a good program W/O many of the basic VIDEO functions on almost ALL of your competitors..

you paid that much for a controller than said nothing about video... getting snotty and say cause i paid x amount of dollars we deserve is not a good argument.
besides ITCH's competitor traktor has no video features either.

not trying to be rude but you did read about itch before you paid soo much for it?
tedrostarr 7:05 PM - 2 September, 2010
didnt buy it for that purpose at all.. it shld still be included.. its on ssl.. . and it seems to me they share a lot of the same features configs.. etc . vdj as well as other as well.. anyhow..im just venting lol...not serious.. just stating my opinion.. functionality with 1.5 is excellent.. but ive seen the updates and so far..its regressing to me.. ?? *not to talk bad about the program...more so a constructive critic
kraal 10:03 PM - 2 September, 2010
Quote:
didnt buy it for that purpose at all.. it shld still be included.. its on ssl..c

its not on ssl you buy that seperatly
zaguama 10:32 PM - 2 September, 2010
if its not free for SSL then i doubt it will come free for ITCH?
kraal 11:38 PM - 2 September, 2010
Quote:

it will come with a controller attached :)
Maskrider 12:17 AM - 3 September, 2010
Quote:

There is no doubt about that we have to pay for it........Just bring it on!!!!
zaguama 3:50 AM - 3 September, 2010
wow a VJ7?
czar 3:59 AM - 3 September, 2010
kraal 7:07 AM - 3 September, 2010

your a nut for that one :)
Kmxorbit 7:12 AM - 3 September, 2010
+1 ^^
djfrancov 10:43 AM - 3 September, 2010
czar...you have way too much time brother...lol
czar 12:22 PM - 3 September, 2010
lol nah man in windows its so easy to do that francov.
czar 12:23 PM - 3 September, 2010
took me about 10 minutes..
if not less lol
yea i know kraal im proud.
lobboclub 12:44 PM - 3 September, 2010
Quote:

WOW...That's good news right there !!! Video, that is.

Now if I can only get Verizon to say that they will -eventually- get the Iphone that way I don't jump ship to AT&T just yet. LOL
czar 12:59 PM - 3 September, 2010
lobbo just wait okay. try not to grow roots..
czar 1:03 PM - 3 September, 2010
im planning on ending world hunger and also reaching world peace. no date yet sorry.
lobboclub 1:04 PM - 3 September, 2010
LOL.....I know.

Okay...let's get back on track now.
kraal 1:06 PM - 3 September, 2010
Quote:
im planning on ending world hunger and also reaching world peace. no date yet sorry.

yeah but the difference is serato has the means to acomplish tier goal
tedrostarr 1:13 PM - 3 September, 2010
didnt buy it for that purpose at all.. it shld still be included.. its on ssl.. . and it seems to me they share a lot of the same features configs.. etc . vdj as well as other as well.. anyhow..im just venting lol...not serious.. just stating my opinion.. functionality with 1.5 is excellent.. but ive seen the updates and so far..its regressing to me.. ?? *not to talk bad about the program...more so a constructive critic
tedrostarr 1:15 PM - 3 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
didnt buy it for that purpose at all.. it shld still be included.. its on ssl..c

its not on ssl you buy that seperatly

but its there.... :)
czar 1:20 PM - 3 September, 2010
kraal life is such a roller coaster. =]]]
czar 1:21 PM - 3 September, 2010
lol francov I was kidding I know ur opinion as far as Operating systems so i was just messing with u but yea that thing took me like 10 min half of it getting the images from google =]
MusicDan 3:56 PM - 3 September, 2010
czar, I see somethings NEVER change. You still can't keep all your responses into one post. I think your fingers think faster than your brain. So you keep clicking post after every phrase.

LOL!!!
djfrancov 4:17 PM - 3 September, 2010
i think is that he's PC keep freezing on him and he has to restart every time...lol
hologram 4:21 PM - 3 September, 2010
A controller for itch video with three little screens and some typical video mixing controls would be dope. HEt Serato?
IS there an API to program our own ;plug ins for Itch?
Or how does a third party make a controller to add things to itch.
Eric N 4:57 PM - 3 September, 2010
Quote:
A controller for itch video with three little screens and some typical video mixing controls would be dope. HEt Serato?
IS there an API to program our own ;plug ins for Itch?
Or how does a third party make a controller to add things to itch.

Unnecessary and cost prohibitive. If they do the preview windows on-screen (like SSL/VSL), it would make for a MUCH less expensive outboard controller.

They could do this with something the size of the VFX unit if it just had buttons and knobs for video effects and transitions. Then you could have the VFX on one side and the video controller on the other, and have a symmetrical setup.
DJ Wizard [MZ] 12:03 AM - 4 September, 2010
So guys...sorry I came late for this discussion...
I'm planning on moving into Video Mixing, but I use to do this back in the days with VDJ + Desktop PC...
But now I got this baby VCI-300 +ITCH which is fantastic..So my question is : CAN I USE VCI-300 FOR VIDEO MIXING ? IF YES WITH WHICH SOFTWARE, AND PLEASE SPECIFY THE CFGS NECESSARY TO DO THIS.
tedrostarr 3:07 PM - 9 September, 2011
i wonder if that OTHER program will update for ITCH.. that would be a goooooood LOOK!