DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

New Year's Eve Playlist

DJ Bushido 8:28 PM - 29 November, 2009
I looked to See What would be your New Years Play List
I have my Fav's But wanted to get some Idea's So I can start getting my Files together
I am Also Getting a Sample Mad, that says the months Jan - Dec 2009
I just want to blow people away when they jam is being played and let them find out it was played in Jan or Feb. My list is a little Different then most, I DJ at a Hookah Lounge in Vegas Called the Olive Mediterranean Grill, in the New Cuzzins Ultra Lounge
Cuzzin's is the Tobacco they use. Good stuff.

If you have your Top 10 just to keep it simple just post it up.
Here are My Top Picks for Remembering 2009 Mix of Hip Hop, CLub Techno and More

This is Not in Order:
Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) - Beyonce
Sexy Bitch
Cupid Shuffle
Most of LMFAO
I'm the Ish
Calabria
Pop Champaign New Year's Remix
Three 6 Mafia - Shake My Remix
Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
New Boyz - You're A Jerk
Flo Rida - In The Ayer
Jay Sean - Down
Lil Jon - Machuka
Kesha - Tik Tok
Ester Dean - Drop It Low
Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl
Some Lady Gaga
Pitbull culo 2009 Remix
Ice Cream Paint Job
Lot's of Party Breaks and Transitions

Well this is just some of the songs, Minus some of the Arabic, Latin, and Indi pop Music.

I would like to See what Songs you will Be Playing to ring in the New Year 2010
What will be your First Song after Auld Lang Syne New Year's Eve Theme Song
What will you be playing, and follow up with your list. It does not have to be in order, But other then that. This will help everyone get a direction, and plan for this Day that we all look forward to every Year. I hope everyone get's Book and Party the Night Away.

DJ X Aviator
Rebelguy 8:37 PM - 29 November, 2009
Quote:

What will be your First Song after Auld Lang Syne New Year's Eve Theme Song

I don't think I have ever played this on New Year's Eve.
DJ Bushido 11:51 PM - 29 November, 2009
Well, I don't play the hole song, I have a small sample I play then mix it in. Then get the party started.
DJ Doug Collins 3:13 AM - 30 November, 2009
Quote:
Well, I don't play the hole song, I have a small sample I play then mix it in. Then get the party started.

Hole was a good band. That Courtney Love had the heroin chic thing down to a science.
Audio1 4:18 AM - 30 November, 2009
Michael Jackson's catalog will come in handy for NYE. NYE, I always find myself playing alot of 70's/80's classics, funk/soul stuff... Everyuthing from James Brown to MJ, Prince, Sade, Earth Wind & Fire then drop all classics from all genres and eras. Think outside the box for NYE. Its 100% fun times.
Audio1 4:18 AM - 30 November, 2009
Michael Jackson's catalog will come in handy for NYE. NYE, I always find myself playing alot of 70's/80's classics, funk/soul stuff... Everyuthing from James Brown to MJ, Prince, Sade, Earth Wind & Fire then drop all classics from all genres and eras. Think outside the box for NYE. Its 100% fun times.
ntmoney 4:25 AM - 30 November, 2009
Audio1 4:27 AM - 30 November, 2009
That was ackward.... Didnt mean to post it 3x
illmatic 4:58 AM - 30 November, 2009
word up Audio1,NY eve tends to be more open format than anything i've ever done,including weddings,be prepared for anything
Audio1 5:18 AM - 30 November, 2009
Very true Illmatic.... The other year, I ended up playing classic Thug Rap for NYE... Everything from classic Ice Cube stuff (predator era) to early 50 Cent stuff.. Fun times.
DJ Michael Basic 5:27 AM - 30 November, 2009
Audio1 5:33 AM - 30 November, 2009
LOL
DJ Bushido 7:07 AM - 30 November, 2009
Yeah, I am looking to make this year one to remember, I do tend to play old school fresh Prince of Bell Air. and will try to focus on Songs people can sing too. This will be my 2nd NYE So any help with play listing will be helpful, I will look back on this thread for more Idea's
Thanks Audio1, illmatic
and
just a recap

( ^_^')
Swizzle 7:12 AM - 30 November, 2009
Quote:

That's what I did this year for this Halloween Bash I got asked to do last minute due to a cancellation....after it was all over the Club owner booked me right there for NYE. He said he wanted me and my style at his club That nite :)
Andrew Holgate 7:16 AM - 30 November, 2009
One more time - perfect for just after midnight...
DJ Bushido 6:28 PM - 30 November, 2009
Also - The World is Mine - That Song, Rocks I like the Build up.
DJ Benny B NYC 9:48 PM - 30 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

Hole was a good band. That Courtney Love had the heroin chic thing down to a science.

LOL
RYB RYB RYB 10:58 PM - 30 November, 2009
is this really a discussion?? jeeeez smh
Audio1 11:49 PM - 30 November, 2009
LOL
DJ TOGTFO 10:30 AM - 1 December, 2009
Dj.Mojo 1:01 PM - 1 December, 2009
Now even Skeletor is quoting Audio1!
DJ TOGTFO 3:27 AM - 2 December, 2009
DJ Bushido 4:23 AM - 3 December, 2009
It is, @ryb ryb ryb, You do have Newbies here, and if you have people wanting something to look at, to have some Idea's it is a perfectly good thread. But not for everyone. some people know what they will play, so if you have something you think would work, it would be good too. thanks