Off-topic Discussion

That which does not fit elsewhere. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Anybody ever been approached by the Amway Global or Quik Star people???

DJkahar aka Skyscraper 5:10 PM - 20 November, 2009
This is actually the second or third time in the last 5 or 6 years i've stumbled over this business. It used to be called Quik Star or somthin like that. I actually bumped into this guy through DJing. And he invited me this one of their meetings. Im always open for new ways to make money so I went to check it out. After I was there for a min I started to reconize the concept from when I seen it in the past.

It's based on the pyramid concept of course. You basicly have to change your spending habbits and buy your everyday products from their online store. Also the more people you can convince you can to do the same the higher your checks become. Im the biggest skeptic on earth, but it does make sence to me. Definatly not a get rich quick type of thing

I guess it helps to that the guy I been talkin to has been doin it for 5 years and pushes a nice Lexus and has a nice ass crib. So jus wonderin what my fellow DJ's thought about it or if you ever even heard of it.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:15 PM - 20 November, 2009
Quote:
This is actually the second or third time in the last 5 or 6 years i've stumbled over this business. It used to be called Quik Star or somthin like that. I actually bumped into this guy through DJing. And he invited me this one of their meetings. Im always open for new ways to make money so I went to check it out. After I was there for a min I started to reconize the concept from when I seen it in the past.

It's based on the pyramid concept of course. You basicly have to change your spending habbits and buy your everyday products from their online store. Also the more people you can convince you can to do the same the higher your checks become. Im the biggest skeptic on earth, but it does make sence to me. Definatly not a get rich quick type of thing

I guess it helps to that the guy I been talkin to has been doin it for 5 years and pushes a nice Lexus and has a nice ass crib. So jus wonderin what my fellow DJ's thought about it or if you ever even heard of it.

ya i got kidnapped into one of those lol, my boy was trying to get me to go to a meeting and i kept telling him no, so one day he calls me up and says hey you want to go eat at chilis im paying, so im like sure.....next thing you know were at the guy above hims house so he can "pick something up" then before i know it im sitting through an hour long speal about the concept about how it works.....i was pissed
sixxx 5:18 PM - 20 November, 2009
Quote:

I guess it helps to that the guy I been talkin to has been doin it for 5 years and pushes a nice Lexus and has a nice ass crib.

That's because he has convinced a lot of morons (under him of course) to enter this pyramid crap. The further you're down on the pyramid, the more difficult it will get to get to where he is now AND the richer you'll have made him over time.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 5:18 PM - 20 November, 2009
Lol. I think they have to do it that way because most people arn't tryin to hear it like you and me. Seems to good to be true.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 5:21 PM - 20 November, 2009
Quote:
That's because he has convinced a lot of morons (under him of course) to enter this pyramid crap. The further you're down on the pyramid, the more difficult it will get to get to where he is now AND the richer you'll have made him over time.

Tru that. But he had to start somewhere to.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:25 PM - 20 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

Tru that. But he had to start somewhere to.

what was funney in my case was the main guy lived in a huge house and had a bunch of nice cars....come to find out he was a surgeon and his wife got into it to help his kid out who had gotten itno it
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 5:42 PM - 20 November, 2009
Quote:
what was funney in my case was the main guy lived in a huge house and had a bunch of nice cars....come to find out he was a surgeon and his wife got into it to help his kid out who had gotten itno it

Yeah this guy's mom, dad and wife are all in it. I don' know if I have the right personality for it. These guys are all dressed up and excited and amped up. Im to laid back. I guess i could be like that if I was gettin a easy paycheck every month from them.
Pete Moss 7:32 PM - 20 November, 2009
Anymore, whenever someone asks me about any money-making opportunity; I immediately ask if they're trying to involve me in Amway. This practice has saved me a few times.
DJ Jonasty 9:21 PM - 20 November, 2009
Dude, don't do it. I know some very close people who wasted a lot of good years on this B.S. You won't make any money and nobody will want to hang around you anymore.

The people I know would always bring this stuff up at parties or in the most random of places. People get really put off by it. The people will say it's so easy to make all this money. Haha, yeah right.

This guy probably pushes a Lex, but makes a $600 payment every month and is payment poor. Any of us could do that. Unless that thing is paid for in cash, I'm unimpressed. Just my opinion.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 11:25 PM - 20 November, 2009
^^^thats what I'm thinkin man. I'm sure there's only a small percentage that end up makein some decent money.
sixxx 11:43 PM - 20 November, 2009
of course, that's why it's a pyramid.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 11:46 PM - 20 November, 2009
They are really good at giving you that vision of "you can be up here with us one day with our help".
sixxx 11:50 PM - 20 November, 2009
Quote:
They are really good at giving you that vision of "you can be up here with us one day with our help".

Of course, it's called brain-washing. Religious people do the same all the time. lol
sixxx 11:51 PM - 20 November, 2009
So do car salesmen. lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:56 PM - 20 November, 2009
And radio djs lol
djpuma_gemini 4:48 AM - 21 November, 2009
and virtual dj users.
DJ Josh V 5:22 AM - 21 November, 2009
And hot chicks (of course they brain wash none of you guys Im sure) :-)
O.B.1 8:06 PM - 21 November, 2009
'avon calling'
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 12:48 AM - 22 November, 2009
LOL, bad part with me is that the owner of one of the best Audio repair shops in Detroit is into that Amyway/Quikstar thing.

Every time I go in there, I start by saying "I need 6 bars of soap and some toilet paper...." or "How is the soap business".

He doesn't do the hard sell on me anymore, but if we are chatting for a while he tells me how close he is to becoming a double doosey diamond and if I get on board I can be close too.

His famous line is "make money off stuff you use anyway" or "order that mixer through Quikstar and get money back"....
Free Man 10:21 PM - 23 November, 2009
Quote:
"order that mixer through Quikstar and get money back"....

what? what kind of stuff can you get through these places? soap i get... cell phones i can see too... but stuff like mixers? where does he get his equpt?
Gor 10:30 PM - 23 November, 2009
Ive come across this many times, as some of my more gullible friends have gotten involved. They tried the sell on me and i declined every time. First off as someone else mentioned, you drive your friends away when you try and sell this to them cos its hell annoying, plus all of the 3 or 4 people I know that got involved in amway or similar schemes (one was a vitamin pill/ health bar one) isn't doing it anymore so it obviously didn't work out.

Stay away.
CMOS 10:49 PM - 23 November, 2009
Never met any Amway people but i threw a sneaker at some Jehovahs Witnesses last weekend when they rang my bell at 8:30am on a sunday.
DJ Schematic 4:14 PM - 24 November, 2009
Quote:
Never met any Amway people but i threw a sneaker at some Jehovahs Witnesses last weekend when they rang my bell at 8:30am on a sunday.

"Fool, I told you I don't want no damn Watchtower!"
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 5:15 PM - 24 November, 2009
Yeah the guy and his wife want to meet with me and my wife this evening. Ima call him tell him Im gonna pass.
sixxx 5:31 PM - 24 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

"Fool, I told you I don't want no damn Watchtower!"

lol
Foresight 10:29 PM - 31 July, 2018
And now you all shop on ebay, amazon, walmart, ect.....looking like fools
DJ Unique 4:23 AM - 1 August, 2018
Shoot...
This post is from 2009....
I said 2009.
BuaHaHaHa

Amway sucks...
About 6 years ago, a co-worker wanted to talk to me and my wife and I thought she was going to ask me to be their a Godfather to their kid. When those jerks got to my house, I saw them pulling out a White Erase Board from their car and I immediately knew I was in trouble. They just wasted their time and mine. Never talked much to that co-worker afterwards.
LOL
Foresight 8:11 PM - 1 August, 2018
I know, thats why I said what I said lmao.....crazy how our perceptions change and the world with it huh?