DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

replacement fader knobs for djm 909????

djskiggz 5:14 AM - 18 November, 2009
Anyone know where i can get these? I need 3. I looked on pioneers site but they're 7.95 each for a peice of fucking plastic. WTF!

parts.pioneerelectronics.com
Psyphris 8:15 AM - 18 November, 2009
That's the price :-/
djskiggz 9:05 AM - 18 November, 2009
sucks!
djgs 4:14 PM - 18 November, 2009
here ya go

cgi.ebay.co.uk

i know it doesnt say that its for the 909 but its the same fader caps

thats where i got my 909 caps from
djdannyd 5:26 PM - 18 November, 2009
just use the mixer without them, it's only a piece of fucking plastic, right?
djdannyd 5:38 PM - 18 November, 2009
Funny thing is that these caps are probably made out of some sort of ABS plastic material which the price per pound is only around $1.50 for high impact ABS and only abour .90 for the regular grade.

If you do the math for machine utilization, overhead, tooling and material cost, that part should cost around .10 cents to produce. Ifthe mold is a multi-cavity mold it will only drive the price further down.

I am in the injection molding industry, may be I should design and mold my own fader caps for any type of mixer and put them up for sale....
DJ Viru 6:04 PM - 18 November, 2009
lol yes at a discount for serato owners of course.
djdannyd 6:19 PM - 18 November, 2009
I should start with Rane mixers fader caps design. Any ideas to make'em ergonomically and scratcher friendly....
dope3ceo 6:28 PM - 18 November, 2009
Quote:
Funny thing is that these caps are probably made out of some sort of ABS plastic material which the price per pound is only around $1.50 for high impact ABS and only abour .90 for the regular grade.

If you do the math for machine utilization, overhead, tooling and material cost, that part should cost around .10 cents to produce. Ifthe mold is a multi-cavity mold it will only drive the price further down.

I am in the injection molding industry, may be I should design and mold my own fader caps for any type of mixer and put them up for sale....

well should should...make that money...different colors would be cool.
djdannyd 6:38 PM - 18 November, 2009
I wonder if there would be enough interest strictly for the colors or just regular replacements (black). Of course the colors would be limited editions and jack up the prices on those to like $50 for a set of 3....lol
djskiggz 7:06 PM - 18 November, 2009
lol i ended up just ordering them. 35 bux for all 3 with shipping tax etc. omg
dope3ceo 8:01 PM - 18 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

well should should...make that money...different colors would be cool.

Quote:
I wonder if there would be enough interest strictly for the colors or just regular replacements (black). Of course the colors would be limited editions and jack up the prices on those to like $50 for a set of 3....lol

more like .50 cents if its only .10 cents to produce you would still make .20 cents profit
VJ Justin Allen 8:22 PM - 18 November, 2009
djdannyd 8:42 PM - 18 November, 2009
.50 cents? c'mon man i still gotta feed my dog
djskiggz 8:43 PM - 18 November, 2009

no shit lol...
BIG DJ PHAZE 5:32 AM - 20 November, 2009
Steal them off one of the demo mixers at guitar center WTF?
djskiggz 5:59 AM - 20 November, 2009
thou shall not steal
dope3ceo 8:38 PM - 20 November, 2009
Quote:
Steal them off one of the demo mixers at guitar center WTF?
BIG DJ PHAZE 9:18 AM - 21 November, 2009
I know @ the Cleveland guitar center, all the floor model mixer have been raped for their knobs and caps. They don't even keep the counterweights on the turntables anymore or somebody jacked them too.
LOL :)
djdannyd 6:09 PM - 22 November, 2009
thats not only in cleveland, here in my area (southern cali) all mixers at guitar center have no fader caps, eq, etc...lame that they stole that shit (before i got the chance to).
DJ WIZO 6:12 PM - 25 March, 2011
WOW!!
Thatz crazy
Quote:
lol i ended up just ordering them. 35 bux for all 3 with shipping tax etc. omg

I would check out any thrift store.
Some times there are knobz or faderz on old units.
Far as diffrent colors go buy a can of spray paint (air brush) and paint them red,black,neon,ect........
djcrap 6:18 PM - 25 March, 2011
wait for it

buy A Rane mixer
Kingstubsy 11:00 PM - 24 February, 2017
Look at this on eBay www.ebay.co.uk
I have nearly a full set of 909 Faders and knobs for sale for around a fiver each. Also Faders and cross Fader