Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Who uses their VCI 300 a club or just mobile gigs?

JDforKing 4:35 PM - 17 November, 2009
Curious to know where everyone is using their VCI 300.. i just got mine to go along with my regular serato SL1 setup and my ttm57sl.. I used it last night at one of my slower club gigs and was impressed with the unit. Ive read many places that the sound quality wasnt condusive to club use. It worked fine for me. It was run through a main mixer.. so im thinking that made the difference.
seratosnatch 5:06 PM - 17 November, 2009
small clubs..big events, huge clubs,.. never a problem
..actually a charm..sound is always pro.
casket hands 5:11 PM - 17 November, 2009
clubs mostly, occasionally a house party too.
kraal 5:29 PM - 17 November, 2009
clubs, bars and occassional outdoor marrathon
seratosnatch 5:38 PM - 17 November, 2009
easiest dj setup for me.
I have tried others and it can be tricky in between dj's..wires all over the place, etc..
With the VCI ..just a rca stereo in to the main mixer and power to your computer, usb to the VCI and your off..

I like it because you always have a consistent setup,where as in other places, clubs, etc
one never knows will be given to them and the condition of the equipment. One feels secure and knows his machine.
Evin Kepik 6:36 PM - 17 November, 2009
I use it for smaller mobile gigs that don't need a robust system.

Clubs that I play at, already have the equipment for me to use.
spazz 6:47 PM - 17 November, 2009
Was doing mobile gigs with the VCI-300, but I recently sold it and got an NS7. Impressed with both though.
DocMcFeelGood 8:34 PM - 17 November, 2009
Weddings, private gigs, etc... This badboy is versatile and easy to transport. Love it, no problems!
raequan 8:41 PM - 17 November, 2009
I use at both club/bar and hall,birthday's. I love my vci portable and professional looking.
soulfool 9:55 PM - 17 November, 2009
use the vci300 3/3 times weekly in bars and clubs- love it
kraal 10:26 PM - 17 November, 2009
funny i just got a gig this sunday cause this restuarant is doubling as a night spot usally hosted by a local radio station(who can not send a dj or set up) is in need of someone with a fast setup time and dope club tracks.... and someone mentioned me. i got a phone call just this afternoon.
pdidy 11:21 PM - 17 November, 2009
i once did a party bus with 50 drunk an horny chicks.......the bus power supply didnt work so now everybody really pissed. so i put all the equipment back in my truck an come back with my vci300, macbook pro and one RCA to mini plug and pluged in to the bus ipod input. i did a hot 2.5 hour set off my macbook pro battery only. i recharged at a club we hit an did another set on the way back battery power only.
pdidy 11:24 PM - 17 November, 2009
i've used my vci300 at all types of events weddings,clubs,house parties an party buses.
spazz 11:26 PM - 17 November, 2009
hahaha Sweet...
Maskrider 5:57 AM - 18 November, 2009
Quote:
i've used my vci300 at all types of events weddings,clubs,house parties an party buses.

You do have an SL to I saw your set up on the scratchlive forums.
wadup 6:13 AM - 18 November, 2009
Quote:
funny i just got a gig this sunday cause this restuarant is doubling as a night spot usally hosted by a local radio station(who can not send a dj or set up) is in need of someone with a fast setup time and dope club tracks.... and someone mentioned me. i got a phone call just this afternoon.

kraal with all this time you spend on this forum, how do you find time to dj at ur gig :)
I1Kirm 11:56 AM - 18 November, 2009
Most probably he does both at the same time :P
spazz 2:17 PM - 18 November, 2009
True dat. I have a wireless card and am on the internet when I do gigs. However I use it to download mp3s I don't have in my library. I guess I could check the forum while working but it never crossed my mind. :-)
djcerla 3:11 PM - 18 November, 2009
@ topic

C L U B !
pdidy 4:55 PM - 18 November, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

You do have an SL to I saw your set up on the scratchlive forums.

yes sl1 an 57 an vci300
kraal 5:02 PM - 18 November, 2009
Quote:

kraal with all this time you spend on this forum, how do you find time to dj at ur gig :)

day job is art work on computer. at gigs i have my iphone after set up and why waiting for club to close :)
johns 8:22 PM - 12 December, 2010
i get the differnce between mp3 and WAV for sound. I do NOT have ANY CDs, and every where i see, its straight up CDJs. id feel weird bringing in a VCI 300, and saying no thanks to their in house CDJ-2000's. Is the sound quality THAT discernible between mp3 and WAV? The VCI can play WAV, so im not concerned there, but mostly in bringing my own gear and getting giggled at... holla at ur boy
kraal 8:45 PM - 12 December, 2010
i bring my own gear all the time... i dont get giggled at. people may look but in my area everyone knows what it is
johns 9:05 PM - 12 December, 2010
what kind of capacity are you spinnin at? hundreds? thousands? im just curious...I just dont get lugging around book and books of CDs for CDJs, when you can bring a VCI300, laptop and ur set. what pisses me off is that i bought a VCI 300 and i see the XONE DX on sale now for 899$. they must be coming out with a new unit soon.
kraal 9:20 PM - 12 December, 2010
hundreds
johns 9:31 PM - 12 December, 2010
i mean its the same hook ups right? Do you reallythink the average club goer can tell the difference between WAV and MP3?
Paco71 10:09 PM - 12 December, 2010
With a good MP3 Quality ie 320 Kbs high quality, NO...
johns 12:11 AM - 13 December, 2010
thats all i use is 320kbs. i just scratch my head why guys arent using XONE DX or VCI 300 more... less shit to carry and both play WAV or MP3
kraal 12:29 AM - 13 December, 2010
Quote:
thats all i use is 320kbs. i just scratch my head why guys arent using XONE DX or VCI 300 more... less shit to carry and both play WAV or MP3

tradition, image and what they are used too
PapiC 10:40 AM - 13 December, 2010
Bar, Club, Ballroom,...
DJ Chele 9:05 PM - 13 December, 2010
I have used the VCI-300 in any event,

either at clubs, where I connect to the club mixer and boom I am spinning!

or at private events where I connect to my mackie mixer and boom I am spinning as well.

VCI is very versatile and solid

the only thing I have encounter is some old school guys with CDJ's and turntables,
looking at the VCI and thinking it is not powerful.

so I ignored them and once I am rocking the party with the VCI-300 then I let them know that no matter what you equipment you use, what really matters is the result,

the sounds, the mixing and getting the crowd in a journey is what really counts.

whether you play with CDJ's, NS7, VCI 300, Xone DX or turntables

wheter you use beatmatched or not, whether you use CD's, ableton live, traktor
Scratch live,

it is fine with me, do not let anyone fool you
johns 9:57 PM - 13 December, 2010
I have a VCI 300. and i love it. I just felt weird about saying to no CDJS as i dont have any CD in WAV form. All i have is MP3s and my VCI 300. I just feel like a tool lugging this in and worried about getting laughed at, but i guess f em huh
Dysquo 3:52 AM - 24 December, 2010
Got a 57, SL3, and VCI-300. All have uses. 1st day I got my VCI, I played it in a club. Use to use it all the time before the SL3. Now it's there as a backup if the club equipment is bad.
Kepik 4:36 AM - 24 December, 2010
Have 57, SL3, and VCI-300 as well...but I still like the feel of vinyl and the interface of Scratch Live. So I only bring the VCI-300 out to mobile gigs and to venues that don't have any DJ equipment.
Dj Ace 2:48 AM - 30 December, 2010
Quote:
Have 57, SL3, and VCI-300 as well...but I still like the feel of vinyl and the interface of Scratch Live. So I only bring the VCI-300 out to mobile gigs and to venues that don't have any DJ equipment.

+1

I have a 57, 68, no sl3, and a vci 300