DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Crazyest thing that has happen in the booth?

DJ Nevoc 9:19 AM - 20 August, 2006
So without going into tooooooooo much detail what is the crayest thing that has happened to you in the booth......... I think the thing was some guy trying to order a drink from me....

NeV
strife 9:34 AM - 20 August, 2006
I was spinning at this one place a a rat came from under the turntable. I was at another when the cdj started to fizz out. Come to find out the cdj was invested with roaches
DJ Nevoc 9:40 AM - 20 August, 2006
lolololololol.ololol funny shit bro!!
DJ Nevoc 9:41 AM - 20 August, 2006
k so Im at this gig, ah right now and the girl that this happened with said hey tell the truth... so if you;ve ever seen spaceballs you know what Im talking about when I say helmet and then your buddy walks up and starts talking to you and he hasnt a clue.....
Dj KaGeN 9:05 PM - 20 August, 2006
It's not easy to beatmatch while getting good helmet.
twinsouls 10:41 PM - 20 August, 2006
JohnnyJuice 1:46 AM - 21 August, 2006
My old residency, the song 'I ain't got no panties on' was a crowd favorite. I used to get requests for it all the time that I got sick of playing it. I got to the point where if a girl wanted me to play it she'd have to show me if she was wearing panties or not. ..usually just by showing me the top of their thong or whatever. But one girl wanted to hear it so bad that she took them off right there and handed them to me.
Dj KaGeN 6:14 AM - 21 August, 2006
did the panties fit in your tip jar?
NOMOLOS JD 6:14 AM - 21 August, 2006
Blowin lines of cane off some bitch's neck/shoulder area.
DJ Reaction 7:04 AM - 21 August, 2006
some bitch dropped her drink all over my keyboard 2 nights ago
DJ Unique 7:37 AM - 21 August, 2006
True story...

About 6-7 years ago I was playing the house version of "The Roof Is On Fire" and the air conditioning started to catch fire and smoke filled the club. It was confined to one unit and was quickly put out. At first it was pretty scare though.

The club was located upstairs in an older building and we had about 500 people that night.

After the smoke cleared, the party continued.
djskeetz 10:58 AM - 21 August, 2006
clubber poured a drink all over a ttm57, and now the cross fader, channel 1 EQs, and volume fader no longer work.....very sad, a broken 57, what a sad day indeed.
DJ Nevoc 12:13 PM - 21 August, 2006
ouch......
DJ Nevoc 12:14 PM - 21 August, 2006

HAHA!!! thats Freakin funny!
JayB1200 1:43 PM - 21 August, 2006
gettin dome, the music cuts off, and im skeetin.... nuff said
djskeetz 1:58 PM - 21 August, 2006
skkeeeeeeeeeeeeet baby YEAAA!!
Thundercat 8:29 PM - 21 August, 2006
A little different direction for my crazy situation. I had a gun pulled in the booth at another DJ that was there (no shots). What did I do? I leaned over and covered my mixer. :\
DJ Nevoc 11:08 PM - 21 August, 2006
Thats fuckin dedication to your equipment right there!!!
Dj Chris Deza 2:00 AM - 22 August, 2006
Bout 4 to 5 years ago, I was playing at this club. Dj booth was on a second level overseeing the dance floor. A chic with like Double D and the shortest skirt goes up to request Sisqo's "Thong Song". I told her only way was if i could see her thong, she wasted no time and bent over... NO PANTIES, NO THONG. She was shaven cleaned! 5 seconds later I threw on her track, shouted her out. Like 30 or 40 minutes later she came up to the booth again, and asked for Luke's song "Head Head and more Head" well I don't think I have to get into details. :-)
DJ Nevoc 3:12 AM - 22 August, 2006
Quote:
A little different direction for my crazy situation. I had a gun pulled in the booth at another DJ that was there (no shots). What did I do? I leaned over and covered my mixer. :\

You should invest in a bullet proof vest... I have one and a balistic helmet... I've never worn them to a gig though....lol
funk21 3:20 AM - 22 August, 2006
Too much to drink, a pill and rails=equals f*^& up large. I was so jacked that I actually put the record that I was going to throw down next on top of the one playing!!!!. A halting skretch and everybody in the room looking at me reminded me that you don't put the record you want to play on top of the one your playing.

B
DJ Nevoc 4:46 AM - 22 August, 2006
^^^^^^^ Dude I was totally wrecked, about a year into my DJ career and I just got done mixing into a track and picked up the wrong tone arm................\

****shakes head while slapping himself in the back of the head****