DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Updating Drivers Every Time?

HipHopis4Reaaal 6:20 PM - 23 October, 2009
Everytime I plug in my laptop the drivers in the setup show V0.00. I have to click update drivers, then physically shut off and turn on my ttm because if I dont it will just stay at the update screen. After doing that it finally updates to V3.20. Then next time I plug in my laptop, same deal and so on and so on.

Whats the deal here?
HipHopis4Reaaal 6:21 PM - 23 October, 2009
In addition, im worried if I use another ttm57 or Serato Box, it wont recognize my computer at all?
nobspangle 8:13 PM - 25 October, 2009
This is the firmware rather than the drivers.

A couple of things you might want to try.

1. If you're on windows, run the driver updater. To do this, plug in your 57, with SSL closed, then run the driver updater from the serato folder on your start menu,

2. If that doesn't work try downgrading your firmware before you upgrade it. To do this first turn off your mixer, then hold down the top two kill switches and turn back on. Then fire up an old version of SSL like 1.8. Once the firmware has downgraded you can upgrade it again using the latest 1.9.2 release.

If neither of these things works you may need to send your mixer in to be looked at by Rane, call support and get an RMA.