DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

beastieboys.com free acapellas!

dj solomon 5:45 PM - 14 August, 2006
so it looks like they've been doing this for a while, i just found it. Thought you guys might be interested!
www.beastieboys.com they have a direct link to their mp3 acapella vault and are encouraging people do download em and start making remixes and mashes!

enjoy!
a-swift 5:52 PM - 14 August, 2006
yes. i'd be interested. i'd be more interested if not every dj in the world knew about it though. we can all expect to hear more beastie boys mashups then any other mashup in history.
NOMOLOS JD 6:35 PM - 14 August, 2006
too bad none of the acapellas are from theirDef Jam days. I totally respect the Beastie Boys, and think they are great, but I also feel their last 3 albums were doo doo and got a free pass from the fans..
a-swift 6:46 PM - 14 August, 2006
hmmph. i went and checked it out and he's right. of all the acappellas, none of them go way back to what i thought was the "good stuff" when it comes to beastie boys.
djzoo 7:05 PM - 14 August, 2006
nice. thanks solomon.
dj solomon 6:43 AM - 15 August, 2006
Quote:
yes. i'd be interested. i'd be more interested if not every dj in the world knew about it though. we can all expect to hear more beastie boys mashups then any other mashup in history.

well it appears that this acapella hosting has been going on since early 2005 according to some posts on their bulliten board... this has been going on for quite some time and i havent really noticed any particularly interesting beastie boys mashes from this content? anyone else?
a-swift 6:53 AM - 15 August, 2006
well that's because all the songs that people really want to mashup (paul revere), there's no acapella available.
dj solomon 6:56 AM - 15 August, 2006
Quote:
well that's because all the songs that people really want to mashup (paul revere), there's no acapella available.

very true!

however Ive heard many mashups of this track with people just eqing out the 808 and just using the hihat in the background.
rfnunchuks 8:13 AM - 15 August, 2006
that shit's old son. there were a flood of remixes with dem vocals on myspace like a year ago. i'll try to find some that i did and post em later.
MusicMeister 3:55 PM - 15 August, 2006
The only track on there that got my attention was 'Intergalatic'. I'm wishing for the early stuff - 'fight for your right', 'Brass Monkey', 'No sleep til brooklyn', etc.

Did I snag 'em? Sure, you never know when you'll get a wild hair up your ass and so something with them... was I going, 'oh my God! I can't believe this awesome stuff!' - uh... no...
society 4:01 PM - 15 August, 2006
Quote:
The only track on there that got my attention was 'Intergalatic'. I'm wishing for the early stuff - 'fight for your right', 'Brass Monkey', 'No sleep til brooklyn', etc.

Did I snag 'em? Sure, you never know when you'll get a wild hair up your ass and so something with them... was I going, 'oh my God! I can't believe this awesome stuff!' - uh... no...

Yeah, I'd have to co-sign that: Intergalactic and some other stuff off of Hello Nasty would be good, but they gotta release stuff from '86-'94 to really get people going. Their last album was pretty disappointing.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 4:17 PM - 15 August, 2006
brass...that's Still tha jam
society 4:19 PM - 15 August, 2006
Word. Or Hey Ladies--I'd love to fuck with that.
a-swift 4:30 PM - 15 August, 2006
other than intergalactic, root down was the only one i was really lookin at. i was wishing they had "get it together" with q-tip cuz that shit was straight ILL. althought the same could be said for sure shot, i suppose.
dj KarrsiN 10:35 PM - 15 August, 2006
Girls, Give me GIRLS!!! :P
society 10:51 PM - 15 August, 2006
Quote:
other than intergalactic, root down was the only one i was really lookin at. i was wishing they had "get it together" with q-tip cuz that shit was straight ILL. althought the same could be said for sure shot, i suppose.

Word, I love that mistake of his they left in there--"Fuck it cuz I know I didn't make a rhyme for real. But technically, I'm as hard as steel."

Brilliant. Even his mistakes were great.
JWRitson 6:38 AM - 19 July, 2019
Hello from the future!
Anyone know if this vault is still accessible?
I managed to download all the content from it in 2014 but can't seem to find the website anymore.

I'm just trying to find info on whether these acapellas/instrumentals are royalty free/cleared for distribution etc. Anyone know? Google searches keep pulling me here.

Thanks for you help.