Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Add Columns Modify/Create-Timestamp from OS/file.

pueblofunky 4:11 PM - 9 October, 2009
Hi,

re-scanning ID3 tags of modified files with an external tool - like Tag & Rename - is not easy,

- at first I only want to re-scan the files which I've modified
- but to find them I would need the modified timestamp value from the file-system

so it would be great to add the Modify-Timestamp (maybe also the Creation-Timestamp) to the columns.

When I would be able to sort in the crate ALL by the column Modify-Timestamp I can select these files and only re-scan these modified files.

AND: I'm still updating the genre and grouping fields (go into more detail time by time) and want to move them to the corresponding crates - so this would help (sort them by timestamp and move them to the correct crate).

I don't change 5 or 10 files - sometimes 50-500 or more. ;-)

Thanks
pueblofunky 7:18 PM - 9 October, 2009
btw:

In the files menu it would be great to also display this information (modified/creation) and make it able to sort by them.

Also an option to select a directory and all files of all subdirectories will be shown too.

So its much easier to select new files from the physical directory structure (in my case by 'year') and move them to the crates (which have another logic - e.g. by Genre).
Matt_GER 2:38 PM - 9 April, 2013
+1

for additional "modified" and "creation" column!!! or ever better, custom ID3 tag column...

THANKS
pueblofunky 7:33 AM - 12 April, 2013
My simple standard default wish is now 3.5 years old and Serato is unable to add this simple columns from the file system (something like the column location, filename) to display it in the library and file selection view. :-(