Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Itch 2.0 Beta Testing...

DJ Quartz 4:38 PM - 10 September, 2009
Will the next generation of Itch be a public test or will we have to sign up?
kraal 4:45 PM - 10 September, 2009
i am sure as it gets close to release (christmas is my guess) the public beta will pop up
DJdaveZ 5:05 PM - 10 September, 2009
since you have to have the vfx-1 to use the fx pane of the software, i doubt it. I imagine they are testing it heavily right now. We've already seen some reports of the vfx-1 listed for sale... wether truely in stock or not... It must be getting close.
KLH 2:51 AM - 12 September, 2009
Man, I hope so... I really miss the echo echo echo echo e c h o...

-KLH
D-RoC71 3:15 AM - 12 September, 2009
What about the delay lay lay lay lay lay ay ay yyyyyy?
KLH 5:11 AM - 12 September, 2009
That one works too oo o
Cid K 5:22 AM - 12 September, 2009
and the da da da da double back beat with the flaaaaaaaaaaannnnngerrrrrrrrr
casket hands 5:27 AM - 12 September, 2009
IF THE VFX ONly comes with one knob I h o p e i t s a .... i g h .........l t e r b e c ause I reALLY LIKE THE Sound o f t h a t o n .........
Cid K 5:29 AM - 12 September, 2009
hehehehehehe yeah i like that one too :-P
DJdaveZ 7:58 AM - 12 September, 2009
wow you all have too much time on your hands hands hands h a n d ssss......... lol ;)
mrddyn 9:09 PM - 14 September, 2009
I dont know how to type a vocoder :(
kraal 9:15 PM - 14 September, 2009
vocoder interesting never even thought of that but there is mic input in itch.... mmmm
casket hands 9:23 PM - 14 September, 2009
it was on the very early mockups of the VFX but has since disappeared.
djcerla 9:32 PM - 14 September, 2009
A useful vocoder in a DJ software could be like:

- when engaged on a deck, say deck A, an algorhythm calculates the root key of the song playing on the other deck
- then, the carrier (signal on deck A) is modulated by the note just calculated
- a knob could shift the modulator in musical-meaningful intervals (thirds, fifths, sevenths...)
- a second parameter knob could modulate the so-called "stretch" of the algorythm, producing metallic, flanger-like effects.

Could be really interesting, and useful in mixes! :)
Cid K 4:44 PM - 16 September, 2009
Wowow Cerla really knows his stuff, well explained bro :-) Yes that would be an interesting feature to see.
KLH 8:47 PM - 16 September, 2009
DJCerla, that would be cool. However, I'd settle for accurate BPM-detection.

-KLH
djcerla 10:00 PM - 16 September, 2009
KLH,

... definitely!

my own wish list is:

1) transient analysis + improved BPM detection for perfect SYNC (currently below industry average)
2) improved KEYLOCK quality (currently below industry average)

<distance...>

3) mixed bells&whistles, including FX
DJ Quartz 11:37 PM - 16 September, 2009
@ Cerla,

I actually made a vocoder request for the 'other' software when I first got my NS7.
mrddyn 12:05 PM - 17 September, 2009
Wow.. how to turn a topic into a vocoder request. Nice.
Cid K 12:23 PM - 17 September, 2009
lolol :-P
KLH 7:17 PM - 17 September, 2009
Admit it, you really just want to say this in the middle of a great mix:

"Freakazoids, please report to the dance floor..."

-KLH
mrddyn 9:38 PM - 17 September, 2009
hahaha that cracked me up. any use of the word freakazoid should be sanctioned, in combination with a vocoder effect.. i'll let you work it out ;-)
Cid K 9:54 PM - 17 September, 2009
hahahahahahahahhaha
KLH 11:05 PM - 17 September, 2009
Watchwww.youtube.com

That's for those who don't know what I'm referring to...

-KLH
Maskrider 3:36 AM - 18 September, 2009
It's like transformers back in the 80's.
KLH 5:27 AM - 18 September, 2009
Ok enough threadjacking (me too)! I'd be up for alpha testing ITCH 2.0, if asked...

-KLH
Cid K 3:24 PM - 18 September, 2009
Yup same here, id love to start testing that :-)
wadup 6:34 PM - 18 September, 2009
same here
Maskrider 10:04 PM - 18 September, 2009
You guys have to wait until the efx unit is released hope i have enough money by that time.
eric007 11:03 PM - 18 September, 2009
Quote:

my own wish list is:

1) transient analysis + improved BPM detection for perfect SYNC (currently below industry average)
2) improved KEYLOCK quality (currently below industry average)

<distance...>

3) mixed bells&whistles, including FX

Amen to that, brother! Seems like 1 and 2 should be no-brainers. It always frustrates me when the "basics" are done sub-standard. I wonder if 1 and 2 are being actively addressed, or they will be improved as an afterthought much later?

I think 2.0 should be a good indication of how seriously Serato is taking Itch and the future of the software. I hope they are finding sufficient "reward" in the market to invest heavily down this path. Every successful iteration of different DJ software/hardware is making integration of the two less of a deciding factor. A closed software/hardware system, not allowing for mix-and-match integration, had better have material advantages, else find itself quickly fall from grace.

I wonder...how might the Ableton/Serato partnership bear fruit to our beloved Itch?
Maskrider 4:49 AM - 24 September, 2009
Is there any projected date on ITCH 2.0. I'm sorry just getting excited.
KLH 7:00 AM - 24 September, 2009
We'll know what the real date is by December 31, 2009.

-KLH
Maskrider 12:18 PM - 24 September, 2009
Quote:
We'll know what the real date is by December 31, 2009.

-KLH

That's better than Q4 of this year......lol
mrddyn 1:27 PM - 24 September, 2009
Quote:
I wonder...how might the Ableton/Serato partnership bear fruit to our beloved Itch?

I'm really starting to think not at all. It's been a long time and we haven't heard anything. Not from Serato or Ableton. To me it feels like it's dead in the water. Of course i've been known to make mistakes but imo nothing much will happen in any short amount of time.
kraal 2:44 PM - 24 September, 2009
i dont think iy will have anything to do with itch but a seperate product
Dj Kabrini Greens 3:12 PM - 24 September, 2009
Quote:
Is there any projected date on ITCH 2.0. I'm sorry just getting excited.

They will probably announce something at the BPM show so hold tight!
sheeno 3:20 PM - 24 September, 2009
Quote:
They will probably announce something at the BPM show so hold tight!

Thats what I was thinking :-)
kraal 3:22 PM - 24 September, 2009
you know you dont need to quote a post when you are posting right under it
kraal 3:22 PM - 24 September, 2009
Quote:

right you can just figure what they are refering too
nik39 4:07 PM - 24 September, 2009
Quote:

It's not always clear. I prefer proper quoting, but to each his own.
KLH 4:43 PM - 24 September, 2009
... especially since you cant edit...

-KLH
BOSS_23 4:47 PM - 24 September, 2009
Q4 starts in october...
BOSS_23 4:55 PM - 24 September, 2009
I think they'll show the ITCH 2.0 BETA on BPM...
kraal 4:56 PM - 24 September, 2009
i hope
Cid K 5:33 PM - 24 September, 2009
Yeah i hope so too...
Maskrider 5:46 AM - 25 September, 2009
Hope is such a simple word that everybody holds on to.
jabato 8:29 AM - 5 November, 2009
My point is:

if VFX-1 is allready, 2.0 must be close.
And if Allen&heath DX is real and avaliable, 2.0 must be ready 4 all this.

So, whould be mixing 4 decks on VCI-300 and NS7 or it will be only 4 DX-owners?
Appart of FX we all want this option to mix.

ITCH & SERATO guys, have you listened!? Hurry Up!
kraal 8:37 AM - 5 November, 2009
jabato the answer you seek is in another thread that explains the current road map here is the quote from serato:

Quote:

Yep. Here's the direct quote from the Serato Newsletter (you guys should pay more attention to official announcements, and less on forum speculation! heh):

New versions of ITCH DJ software

October has revealed a number of new hardware controllers for ITCH. Serato have created a series of point releases to ship with each new controller. These versions of ITCH can now activate a range of effects with the Numark NSFX (shipping November) and the Vestax VFX-1 (shipping now). They also provide hardware drivers for the first of a new range of ITCH audio components.

Denon are about to ship their DN-HC5000 ITCH controller which can be used with any mixer. UK mixer giants Allen & Heath have also announced the Xone:DX, sporting a 20 channel sound card supporting 24bit/ 96KHz audio.

The next couple of months will see a number of 1.x ITCH software versions shipped with the new controllers. The next online ITCH release will be a small 1.5 update in late 2009 and the big 2.0 in early 2010.
Maskrider 4:15 PM - 5 November, 2009
I'm glad Kraal is here......lol
Baynham 1:46 PM - 10 November, 2009
Quote:
I'm glad Kraal is here......lol

Same here! Can't wait for "the big 2.0"!
fotifo 1:37 AM - 25 January, 2010
question is what controllers could run 4 decks in 2.0
is it only A&H
Or vci 300 as well?
casket hands 2:00 AM - 25 January, 2010
definitely not the VCI. The DX is the only itch device confirmed to have that functionality.
czar 2:20 AM - 25 January, 2010
Quote:
definitely not the VCI. The DX is the only itch device confirmed to have that functionality.

disappointing considering I spent 1500 on my NS7.
casket hands 2:36 AM - 25 January, 2010
not really but okay.
MusicDan 3:12 AM - 25 January, 2010
How is that disappointing? Again, you knew what you bought when you bought it. Or maybe you didn't, who knows...
fotifo 3:35 AM - 25 January, 2010
yeah but still since they made an upgrade for vfx-1 which cost solid i think 4 deck upgrade with that would be nice as well
Maskrider 4:55 AM - 25 January, 2010
I really don't need 4 decks since I'm a mobile Dj.
zaguama 5:40 AM - 25 January, 2010
i feel bad, i got a chance this weekend to play with traktor with an audio 8 card and 2 1200s :///, when i went back to my ns7/itch setup i couldnt look it with the same eyes but i got my hopes that whenever ITCH 2.0 comes out will catch up with traktor.
kraal 5:43 AM - 25 January, 2010
that when you really need to decide what you want to do dj wise....... will ITCH do what you want or do you need something else. Or are you simply feature jealous :)
KLH 5:52 AM - 25 January, 2010
IMHO, 2 extra decks isn't as desirable as having a sampler that can record the output of the main mix and free up the original two decks. A Sampler can be more powerful than decks - but they should REPLACE the two primary decks.

Anyways, Torq allows that kind of integration and is very powerful. I might have to explore the Bridge and Ableton to see if it can offer that kind of functionality.

-KLH
zaguama 5:52 AM - 25 January, 2010
i guess feature jealous :P, but ITCH looks like its going into that direction or thats my impression, but i was really impressed with that setup. I started djing with ITCH, well i used to joke around with virtual dj and just a keyboard so i dont count that, so i have not tried many dj setups so when i first got the ns7 and itch i felt like "this is the sh**". Just starting to get to know whats out there ;)
eric007 6:08 AM - 25 January, 2010
Quote:
that when you really need to decide what you want to do dj wise....... will ITCH do what you want or do you need something else. Or are you simply feature jealous :)

that's exactly where I'm at. all the things i keep wanting out of itch already exist with traktor. since i already threw down a bunch of dinero for the vci300, and the vci doesn't work quite right w/ traktor, i'm a bit thrown-off w/ the prospects of selling the vci300 to likely go get a vci100 (or that american audio vs4...or the vci400 if it ever comes to market). i figure the one item that i'd lose is the high-res platter sensitivity (though I think they're working on that). that's not a big deal for me since i don't scratch. tough call...itch will have beat grids, likely quantization. paying extra for fx...well, not too fond of that. i guess i just want to try out 2.0 before i make my final decision.
zaguama 6:12 AM - 25 January, 2010
im standing the same way. Numark already officially announced that native support for the NS7 is coming with the next traktor update So i'm just gonna wait and see what works best for me whenever itch 2.0 or the next traktor update come out. Serato already made their bucks and will continue to do so because there are a lot of people that are expecting the NS7 to be compatible with traktor and have not made their purchase yet just because of that and when that happens with every NS7 sold serato is making their bucks still ;)
KLH 6:23 AM - 25 January, 2010
I wonder if the hold up for adoption of the ITCH platforms by other DVS makers is that the fast (proprietary) MIDI (for platter support) must be licensed from Serato. Hmmmmmm... I can appreciate Serato getting paid for their IP (intellectual property). It's a good thing for everyone - IF Serato is sharing the IP (licensing or not).

-KLH
kraal 7:02 AM - 25 January, 2010
eric007 so let me get this straight you are happy with the controller but want the other software?
i can see that but here is why i always chime in the same with all these type of comments.... it is not like traktor did not exist before ITCH. why didn't you get traktor first and see if you wanted that?
so lets say you sell the vci-300 and get traktor and vci-100 what is it that you hope to gain? effects? 4 decks? what?
and i am not ragging on you i just am asking cause i want you to make sure you are thinking through your decisions
eric007 8:24 AM - 25 January, 2010
hey, kraal. my using itch was based upon trying different dj approaches/software until I ended up w/ serato. prior to itch, i was going down the path of using traktor. i liked certain features of it, but a few items (lousy customer support, some oddities with the software that I couldn't get answers from NI, my NI audio kontrol 4 soundcard that had terrible cpu spiking issues under vista and win7 [now own a mac], and trying to create midi mapping for a non-traktor-ready controller) made me reconsider and look at other options. i loved that the mapping was complete w/ itch after the frustrations i had w/ the novation controller (if only i had gotten a vci100 or other fully mapped controller things would have been much different, i believe). moreover, customer support has been wonderful w/ serato.

if i were to move to traktor, i figure i'd:
-get free fx. i could live w/out, but i love throwing some flanger here and there
-more than 3 loops per track to break down the parts of the song in a more methodical fashion (I'm still trying to figure out an organized approach to using 3 loops and 2 extra cue points [accessed w/ keyboard, only, though])
-better time stretch (i like using keylock) and resulting sound quality
-more than 2 decks (I can see myself using decks 1/2 just for tracks and 3/4 for loop clips). i have ableton (another dj avenue I explored) so it's conceivable i can use it as a 3rd deck w/ the bridge just for loops, but there's a part of me that asks why complicate things w/ 2 pieces of software when 1 will suffice.
-and w/out a doubt i'd get beat gridding w/ quantization

let me be clear that i'm not down on itch. it's been a good experience overall. but even when 2.0 comes out, i'll still need to throw down more money for an fx midi controller and/or whole new controller to have 4 decks. bottom line is that i feel like i'm trying to make itch do the things traktor does already.
kraal 7:17 PM - 25 January, 2010
oh and the free efx thing is not as true as it sounds. I think the ITCH package actually comes closer to free effect.... you buy a controller then as things improve or get added you get more effects for free.

last i checked you need to pay for upgrades to traktor
zaguama 7:20 PM - 25 January, 2010
oh oh, lets not turn this into a ITCH vs Traktor discussion or this could be endless :P
SkylarkAliasMov 7:25 PM - 25 January, 2010
Im in a transition Phase, going from SL with DN-s3700s to Itch and the NS7...anybody out there keeping SL like Im thinking bout doing?? couple o piggyback questions..
are the crates backward compatible from itch to SL???
any suggested back-up setup ideas????
dont want to get rid of SL b/c some clubs/halls already have the SL setup and sont let you really "mess" with their equipment>>> i'm all ears!
Maskrider 7:26 PM - 25 January, 2010
I might add if your not happy with ITCH why put up with it life is to short. Go get whatever your happy with.
kraal 7:26 PM - 25 January, 2010
zaguama it is not really a vs statement . it is based on that is what eric007 was also looking at and that was one of his reasons.... nothing more nothing less :)
czar 8:38 PM - 25 January, 2010
Quote:
oh and the free efx thing is not as true as it sounds. I think the ITCH package actually comes closer to free effect.... you buy a controller then as things improve or get added you get more effects for free.

last i checked you need to pay for upgrades to traktor

This is why I would like Itch to give us NS7 users 4 deck software support.
spazz 10:06 PM - 25 January, 2010
If Serato gave us 4 deck support in Itch, that would mean purchasing another NS7 right? That's not economical in my book. I would think they would come out with another controller that has dual-layering but no limits like the V7 (which is not true 4-deck to one laptop).
kraal 10:22 PM - 25 January, 2010
or just figure we do not care about the layering draw backs ....
eric007 10:30 PM - 25 January, 2010
Quote:
zaguama it is not really a vs statement . it is based on that is what eric007 was also looking at and that was one of his reasons.... nothing more nothing less :)

Thanks for taking time to understand where I'm coming from, Kraal:)

The biggest point I might not have mentioned is that the way I DJ has evolved. I want to control the music more via loops and layering (basically play prog house/breaks, want to jump to different cue/loop points and/or layer in other loops (baseline/beats) to address breakdowns and weak intro/outros.

I have financial constraints, so I'm putting in a lot of consideration for the best approach to take.
kraal 10:44 PM - 25 January, 2010
eric007 i completly understand i am also evolving that is why i still think a sample would be the best bet for ITCH to add...

i suggest if possible download a demo of traktor or if you have it try to use it without a controller and see if it does what you want......

i think there is more potential also with the vci-300 just needs a little more preplanning
laraway 9:06 PM - 12 October, 2010
I spoke to the Serato guys at BPM. they would'nt give me a date of release but assured me it would be out in less than 6 months. hope this helps. bought my apc 40 to get practicing :-)
KLH 10:34 PM - 12 October, 2010
Let the begging begin...

-KLH
bigdik magee 12:05 AM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
I spoke to the Serato guys at BPM. they would'nt give me a date of release but assured me it would be out in less than 6 months. hope this helps. bought my apc 40 to get practicing :-)

ditto on the last sentence ;)
djdavidcruz 9:20 AM - 13 October, 2010
will it atleast recognize my mp4 crates and play the music from it??
cnewton 11:13 AM - 13 October, 2010
6months..... so really we looking around a year at the earliest. :P
haze324 2:15 PM - 13 October, 2010
hahahaha......this thread is over a year old.

And still the same topic is going on --- 2.0. Q4, end of the year, in 2011, in 6 months or less. This is ridiculous, and I wish it weren't.

1 November 2010.
Eric N 4:52 PM - 13 October, 2010
Quote:
will it atleast recognize my mp4 crates and play the music from it??

Yes... you can play video files, just with no video output or onscreen display. They behave just like audio files. IMHO, many of them don't sound quite "right", though, especially if pitching the track up or down with keylock on.
laraway 5:59 PM - 13 October, 2010
Less than 6 months till full release is what was said. I would imagine/hope testing should start pretty soon, fingers crossed. When I spoke to the main guy at the serato stand I got the impression it would be slightly sooner as I tried to plead with him to tell me. when I asked him if it would be release within less than 6 months the long pause as he counted months in his head would suggest it would be pretty close to that date. ARGHHHH its only been 2 weeks since BPM, 6 months is just too long HURRY UP SERATO GUYS, I'm bored of waiting!!!!

Hope this helps everyone wanting info on itch/bridge

maybe we can start a protest to help with testing. I'm in!!!
bigdik magee 11:50 PM - 13 October, 2010
Hear, hear! @laraway Let's start testing this thing!!!
Dj Ricky Redz 6:43 AM - 14 October, 2010
yeah!! i'm willing to test the new beta extensively!! being that i'm the only dj in jamaica with the v7 and promoting it like crazy!! a lot of djs want it but they also NEED a sampler!!
bigdik magee 12:44 AM - 15 October, 2010
Quote:
yeah!! i'm willing to test the new beta extensively!! being that i'm the only dj in jamaica with the v7 and promoting it like crazy!! a lot of djs want it but they also NEED a sampler!!

+1 Sampler!!!
DJ LIL M 1:05 AM - 15 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

+1 Sampler!!!
+2 Sampler!!!!
Musically Minded 4:07 PM - 20 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1 Sampler!!!
+2 Sampler!!!!

+3 Sampler!!!!!!!!
wadup 5:06 PM - 20 October, 2010
+1000
Dj jochi 5:17 PM - 20 October, 2010
Even virtual dj upgrade their software you can control 4 deck with the ns7. I don't why serato is making it so difficult. I bougth my Ns7 almost a year ago and I still having problems with my crates. If they can try to work on just having the crates sync straigth from your music library. Once again I bougth the ns7 almost a year and I have never use itch because of all the issues!
thebeatworx 5:43 PM - 20 October, 2010
Quote:

If anyone has the credentials to drop a raggae horn in the mix it's gotta be the DJ from Jamaica!!! Give that man his sampler!!!
djmatt07 1:35 AM - 15 April, 2011
How can I beta test 2.0?
zaguama 1:51 AM - 15 April, 2011
like a wise person once said, in good time!
MusicDan 2:50 AM - 15 April, 2011
When it comes to the public beta, everyone will be able to if they choose when that time comes. As far as private beta, you are usually asked to participate. And we probably won't know when that would be since there is usually an NDA (non disclosure agreement) that you are asked to sign when invited into any beta program. I have been involved in other beta agreements with other sound companies which is how I know. What we do know is that there is an Alpha version out there already, so the private beta isn't too far, if not out already.
Papa Midnight 4:12 AM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:
When it comes to the public beta, everyone will be able to if they choose when that time comes. As far as private beta, you are usually asked to participate. And we probably won't know when that would be since there is usually an NDA (non disclosure agreement) that you are asked to sign when invited into any beta program. I have been involved in other beta agreements with other sound companies which is how I know. What we do know is that there is an Alpha version out there already, so the private beta isn't too far, if not out already.

Doesn't seem to far off from when I've done work as a journalist in the video game field and entered into NDA's. Some companies are more strict than others about what you can and cannot say (EA).
blackavenger 7:21 AM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:
And we probably won't know when that would be since there is usually an NDA (non disclosure agreement) that you are asked to sign when invited into any beta program. I have been involved in other beta agreements with other sound companies which is how I know.

Serato doesn't do that for private beta....well, at least you don't have to "sign" anything. It's something you agree to, but it's not that formal.
Maskrider 9:51 AM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
And we probably won't know when that would be since there is usually an NDA (non disclosure agreement) that you are asked to sign when invited into any beta program. I have been involved in other beta agreements with other sound companies which is how I know.

Serato doesn't do that for private beta....well, at least you don't have to "sign" anything. It's something you agree to, but it's not that formal.

Really......
Papa Midnight 10:36 AM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Usually, by agreeing to take part in it, if it has been explicitly stated, then you've just electronically signed the NDA.
blackavenger 2:46 PM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:
electronically signed

Is that even legal? If so, then I suppose I was just ignorant to the fact.
kraal 2:49 PM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

are you talking private or PUBLIC beta's?
blackavenger 2:53 PM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:

Private. All I know is I wasn't sent anything by mail to "sign". Though I was unaware that there was such a thing as an Electronic Signature when you agree to participate in the Private Beta.
DJ dVO 3:14 PM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Private. All I know is I wasn't sent anything by mail to "sign". Though I was unaware that there was such a thing as an Electronic Signature when you agree to participate in the Private Beta.

Now you do.
blackavenger 3:42 PM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:
Now you do.

Was that really necessary.........smartass!
DJ dVO 4:23 PM - 17 April, 2011
ha ha ha...Just needed to point that out. :)
Schuyler 4:59 PM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Now you do.

Was that really necessary.........smartass!

Watchwww.youtube.com

:)
DJdaveZ 5:14 PM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

i guess it doesnt apply to you then...
blackavenger 5:19 PM - 17 April, 2011

Nice.
blackavenger 5:20 PM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:

Doesn't matter, as I am unlikely to get invited to another one. So I don't really care.
DJdaveZ 5:24 PM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:
Nice.

very funny
nik39 6:06 PM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Doesn't matter, as I am unlikely to get invited to another one. So I don't really care.

Why is that?
Papa Midnight 7:18 PM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
electronically signed

Entirely so. Think of it like a EULA. Most people don't read them but end up hitting the "Agree" button anyway within seconds of it popping up. They've just legally agreed to everything that EULA stated.
casket hands 10:04 PM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
electronically signed

ever clicked agree on an EULA? thats legally binding.
MusicDan 10:14 PM - 17 April, 2011
You know, I'm pretty sure a physically signed NDA is needed for Private Beta Testers.
DJdaveZ 11:14 PM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:
You know, I'm pretty sure a physically signed NDA is needed for Private Beta Testers.

:) most likely........
Maskrider 11:21 PM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:

I guess we have a winner.
blackavenger 2:03 AM - 18 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why is that?

I wasn't very helpful. Just after I was invited, I got bogged down with work related projects. I barely had any time to eat or sleep let alone mix and Beta Test software. Funny thing is, when I finally had time to help out, the Public Beta was released....go figure.
blackavenger 2:11 AM - 18 April, 2011
Quote:
Entirely so. Think of it like a EULA. Most people don't read them but end up hitting the "Agree" button anyway within seconds of it popping up. They've just legally agreed to everything that EULA stated.

That makes sense.

I'm not the type to spread shit around anyhow. I had the ScratchLIVE 2.0 Private Beta for quite a while and wouldn't even let my friends look at it...LOL. They were pissed to say the least....I had kats offering me money for it. Can you believe that shit?
Ridiculous!
Maskrider 6:19 AM - 18 April, 2011
lol....It happens.
DJ Quartz 1:37 PM - 18 April, 2011
Man I can't believe how old this post was.....
DJ-Tux 2:33 PM - 18 April, 2011
Agreed. Shows how slow itchs development is.....
selkie 1:06 AM - 19 April, 2011
Quote:
Man I can't believe how old this post was.....

O_o yeah look the first reply:

Quote:
i am sure as it gets close to release (christmas is my guess) the public beta will pop up

poor kraal xD
kraal 1:09 AM - 19 April, 2011
Quote:

Quote:

poor kraal xD

not poor kraal at all at the time of that comment was when 2.0 was attached to the vfx-1 ... the vfx-1 came out... so the reference was to effects
selkie 1:13 AM - 19 April, 2011
Oh I see, I was confused with the title saying ITCH 2.0 ;)
C_Stag 1:20 AM - 17 May, 2011
OK We in the month of May now...I need a sampler real bad... I really don't wanna buy one and they release 2.0 in a few weeks.. I'd be pissed. I am debating buying shounplant 39 for $35 online... Any suggestions people?
Dj Ace 1:22 AM - 17 May, 2011
wait...
DJ SPINCYCLE2 1:46 AM - 17 May, 2011
I'm waiting too. it's has to come out soon, the 4Q is around the corner
selkie 2:46 AM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:
OK We in the month of May now...I need a sampler real bad... I really don't wanna buy one and they release 2.0 in a few weeks.. I'd be pissed. I am debating buying shounplant 39 for $35 online... Any suggestions people?

buy a midi controller with ableton live lite bundled, then chances are you will use the same controller for the sampler (if the serato gods are generous and integrates standar midi maping)
DJDAVETONCH 7:55 AM - 8 July, 2011
Please Release it! I want the bridge too!
Papa Midnight 5:32 PM - 8 July, 2011
Quote:
Please Release it! I want the bridge too!

According to the announcement, The Bridge will not be a part of the 2.0 update. Patience.
DJ BossSounds 3:17 PM - 11 July, 2011
BUMP!

BACK ON TOP!!!!

Again, WE WANT 2.0!!!!!!
cnewton 7:32 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:
BUMP!

BACK ON TOP!!!!

Again, WE WANT 2.0!!!!!!

Trust me... It wont make you a better DJ... you need talent and practice for that.. not Itch 2.
Papa Midnight 7:37 PM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
BUMP!

BACK ON TOP!!!!

Again, WE WANT 2.0!!!!!!

Trust me... It wont make you a better DJ... you need talent and practice for that.. not Itch 2.

Pay BossSounds no mind. He does nothing but post the same message EVERYWHERE all over this forum needlessly.
hologram 9:14 AM - 12 July, 2011
Quote:

Did you say this to feel the disturbance in the force? As if a million DJs had their heart sink?
RedViagra 2:48 AM - 18 July, 2011
I really wish i would have done the research on the Numark V7's before i purchased them. My summer is shot due to this itch software. From a production standpoint and live dj standpoint, the itch has killed gigs for me due to the limitations of the V7's without the proper software options. Whats disturbing, a definate date hasn't been posted. Every company i know of post dates, but for some odd reason, they are leaving us in the dark on the itch 2.0 release.
DJFLUKE 2:54 AM - 18 July, 2011
Whyy are you in the dark??
They said Q3. Since you cannot google....
Q3 means July 1st to September 30th.
Were July 17th. Your still in the window of what they said.
If it was past September 30th AKA Q3 then you can
Run ur mouth. Until then you and everyone else
Should quit these repetative
Comments.

Q3 everyone,Q3. They have til end
Of September.

Kinda like when they say a new phone
Will be out Summer 2012. Summer lasts 3 fuckin months, its
Not when you want it to be.
zanzibar1 3:03 AM - 18 July, 2011
Quote:
Kinda like when they say a new phone
Will be out Summer 2012. Summer lasts 3 fuckin months, its
Not when you want it to be.

that made me chuckle. +1!!
Dj Ace 3:04 AM - 18 July, 2011
itch 2.0 will make you a better DJ?
DJ Frank Labate 4:07 AM - 18 July, 2011
Quote:

Perhaps not but I know some DJs who cant live without their horn samples and name drops and SP-6 would make that a breeze. This doesn't include me however I would make more creative use of that sampler.
hologram 4:42 AM - 18 July, 2011
ban the Fing Siren.
I'm quite happy with itch even without video.
Not having it see Video files in Itunes or actually play video is a hindrance because It means I have to bring my 12s out but it's not the end of the world and I'm for damn sure not gonna let someone show me up just because I'm missing some cute feature. Hell I started on BD10s and a pyramid mixer and rocked the party then So I know I can do it with itch.
zanzibar1 6:44 AM - 18 July, 2011
ITS HERE!!! ITCH IS HERE!
2Smooth420 6:46 AM - 18 July, 2011
YES!!! FINALLY, THE ITCH HAS GONE BETA!!!!!! Now that a beta is out, wait for the massive bug reports lol and people bitching about errors and what not lol. Let's just remember people, this is the BETA ;)
djcerla 9:52 AM - 18 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Perhaps not but I know some DJs who cant live without their horn samples and name drops and SP-6 would make that a breeze. This doesn't include me however I would make more creative use of that sampler.

There were several excellent option for DJ drops before 2.0. Don't blame Serato for your laziness.
Papa Midnight 10:03 AM - 18 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There were several excellent option for DJ drops before 2.0.

This is indeed true. I settled on Electrum 2 myself but there are plenty of options such as KueIt.

Quote:
Don't blame Serato for your laziness.

LoL!
DJ Frank Labate 2:27 PM - 18 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There were several excellent option for DJ drops before 2.0. Don't blame Serato for your laziness.

I said it would make it a breeze as in easier I don't use samples... dick.
djcerla 2:32 PM - 18 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I know, and that's why mine was to be read as a general statement.
DJ Frank Labate 2:39 PM - 18 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I know, and that's why mine was to be read as a general statement.

Oh alright well none of that matters anymore because we have a sampler!
selkie 2:53 PM - 18 July, 2011
so does the sampler have sync? how does it work? can you "copy" a loop from one deck to a sampler to free that deck? how do you control the volume of the samples?

kthxbye

xD
djcerla 3:00 PM - 18 July, 2011
Quote:
so does the sampler have sync? can you "copy" a loop from one deck to a sampler to free that deck?

check out the relevant topic & ITCH 2.0 online manual.. however the answer is a resounding YES
selkie 3:01 PM - 18 July, 2011
Thanks cerla, I didn't have a clue about the online manual..

anyway, which is the relevant topic? thanks again
selkie 3:03 PM - 18 July, 2011
forget about it, I didn't see the beta forum as I didn't have a system profile, thanks
selkie 3:24 PM - 18 July, 2011
I read them, I just didn't kow it existed ;)
2Smooth420 10:47 PM - 18 July, 2011
Man i wish we could just loop a section of the song and put it in the sampler. It doesn't look like itch 2.0 has that function. That would've been a cool thing to have
DJ LIL M 10:53 PM - 18 July, 2011
i noticed a lil delayed on the vci 300 when releasing from the platter
zanzibar1 11:38 PM - 18 July, 2011
Quote:
Man i wish we could just loop a section of the song and put it in the sampler. It doesn't look like itch 2.0 has that function. That would've been a cool thing to have

Hey 2Smooth420 (great name btw!)

You can do that. Look the section you want in the virtual deck first, then save the loop - that's the crucial part.

Now drag the track from the virtual deck to the sample bank you want. Next make sure you set the sample bank to play from the loop you want.

It worked for me, and with the new sync function it's pretty easy to drop a looping beat in the sample deck, and beat match that to the tracks you have playing on the virtual decks.

Hope that helps!
2Smooth420 12:24 AM - 19 July, 2011
Well that does work sort of for me zanzibar1, however, say i'm using a 4bar loop at the beginning of the tune, and i select the play from loop 1, and want it to loop that 4 bar loop. When I went ahead and pressed the repeat feature it plays the 4 bar loop, but then it goes silent after the 4 bar loop, it doesn't keep playing the same 4 bars. so maybe I'm doing it wrong, or maybe its a bug, i'm gonna keep playing with it see if i can't figure out if its my user error or a bug. But thanks Zanzibar1
Hitman303 12:50 AM - 19 July, 2011
Yes!!!
zanzibar1 4:17 AM - 19 July, 2011
Hmmm not too sure what your doing... but I didn't click on the repeat button. If the loop is already saved, u should be able to just click "play from loop 1" and leave it at that. I'm not an expert tho, so maybe start a help thread if it just won't work for you.
Dj Ace 5:07 AM - 19 July, 2011
is EVERYBODY happy now.... ;)
selkie 3:00 PM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
I'm gonna be game and use the Beta version at my gig on friday :) haha how bad can it be I'll take some back up just in case Do not try this :)

you know that's the only way to know for sure if it works xD DO IT! (but keep your ipod plugged in haha)
djcerla 3:38 PM - 19 July, 2011
Already used it live... rock solid (macbook pro i7)
selkie 3:43 PM - 19 July, 2011
nice!!!
Dj Ricky Redz 3:52 PM - 19 July, 2011
I just gave it test run and I really pressured it! Played it for 1hr30min and experienced a drop out while playing a sample, other than that... Its like 1.5 on steroids!!! Gonna try to recreate the drop out and report it. Now time to test analyzing files and the new file management feature
2Smooth420 8:46 PM - 19 July, 2011
Yea i'm thinking about using this at a gig i have this weekend to DjCerla (and can't wait to see what kind of videos you'll have on youtube when the full version is out). I was testing it last night for about 3 hours of just solid play and it didn't drop or hang once on me. And man i love how the analyze files gets the beatgrids almost completely on target. I hated the beatgrids in 1.7, but i love em in this 2.0.
Maskrider 9:20 PM - 19 July, 2011
I already did use it for 4 hours same feel with a different look no hiccups.....I will continue using it see what it really does on a real gig.
Papa Midnight 10:08 PM - 19 July, 2011
Recorded a promotion CD just now. Solid performance start to finish.
Ragman 10:12 PM - 19 July, 2011
Keep it coming guys. The balls in our court now. We gotta hit it hard while it's in beta.
stew 11:23 PM - 19 July, 2011
Auto tempo on the vci 300 locks up
DjBrianDowling 11:24 PM - 19 July, 2011
Great to see positive feedback on a very long awaited updated.

I think i'll test it at a warm up set this weekend
selkie 11:25 PM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
Great to see positive feedback on a very long awaited updated.

Yes! Nice to see Serato doing its work and doing it WELL
Dj Fitty 11:43 PM - 19 July, 2011
Its working great! I wish they would make the center waveform view longer(major for me), more options on the sp6 and a few cosmetic changes. but other than that I have no complaints. btw I use the vci without the effects so wasnt able to check out the effects
DJ LIL M 12:07 AM - 20 July, 2011
Is it just me or is it when u scratch with the vci 300 on win7 with 2.1 it sounds like a vinyl when the record need clean?
DJ B.A.M.N. 12:55 AM - 20 July, 2011
I had some lag and a drop out using the SP6
2Smooth420 7:59 AM - 20 July, 2011
3 straight nights of just playing, no gigs, just playing a set and messing with the features, and understanding the keyboard shortcuts and extra features, and this is just rock solid. If i scratch alot, i don't get a audio drop out like in 1.7.1. If i'm doing alot of browsing or using any FX on my NS7FX bar, i don't get any issues.

I don't have a vci300 so for stew, i can't compare. Sorry!!

But man three straight nights with a BETA i haven't had one issue, except for user misunderstanding errors lol other then that its been SOLID.

Whats crazy is when I first heard about the preview i was disappointed with the fact they said nothing about Bridge, but with this 2.0 Beta, and being out by mid july with the Beta. hopefully in mid august early sept. But when they first previewed it i thought....A SP-6 Sampler what is that compared to bridge, but that Sampler has become a pretty big party to my sets, so i'm willing to wait longer on a bridge/itch release.

Keep it up serato WE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eric N 3:38 PM - 20 July, 2011
Quote:
Auto tempo on the vci 300 locks up

I'd consider that a feature improvement. ;)

Manual beatmatching FTW!
hologram 5:39 PM - 20 July, 2011
not seeing any issues.
I am going to upgrade my backup MBpro to lion tonight and see how it goes.
kraal 7:13 PM - 20 July, 2011
Quote:
Itch 2.0 crashes sometimes when I overview my tracks anyone else here get that, bare in mind I use Itch Sync to organize my crates ??

yes
kraal 7:14 PM - 20 July, 2011
Quote:
not seeing any issues.

oh bother
Papa Midnight 7:35 PM - 20 July, 2011
Quote:
Itch 2.0 crashes sometimes when I overview my tracks anyone else here get that, bare in mind I use Itch Sync to organize my crates ??

Make a bug report.
Quote:
not seeing any issues.

Even though Serato has publicly commented that ITCH does not officially support Mac OS X 10.7?
Ragman 8:41 PM - 20 July, 2011
Yes.
dj BLACKSHEEP 10:16 PM - 20 July, 2011
Itch 2.0 closes if I just hit analyze files!!! Using Numark NS7 and a Toshiba Saterlite i3 win 7 home premium..had no problems with ITCH1.7 also other than this Issue everything seems to be working fine!!!
hologram 10:17 PM - 20 July, 2011
A lot of things don;t support the current OSes.
I have top MBpro 17s. I want lion on one. I have a snow leapard image on my external with my videos so worse case I can just boot to external when I DJ. No biggie if it doesn't work.
Kid Icarus 12:49 AM - 21 July, 2011
SO how do we download the Beta?
Dj Ace 3:43 AM - 21 July, 2011
work it out n the beta section
DJmikeMendoza 3:55 AM - 21 July, 2011
3 times i had to force quit when i was done'
DJ B.A.M.N. 3:58 AM - 21 July, 2011
that is also a problem i am having, i have to force quit in order to close
Quote:
3 times i had to force quit when i was done'
Bopdj 7:14 AM - 21 July, 2011
sick!. mash ups are on! with beat grid and the sync on for the sampler. next level. kinda an ableton feel. just need midi on the sampler????? what ya recon serato mapped to a midi fighter??? say yes!
2Smooth420 7:16 AM - 21 July, 2011
Well so far I have just used this during practices, and i haven't had ANY issues so far, maybe i'm just a lucky one or whatever. However, i have had 0 audio drop outs, 0 itch crashes, nothing. The only issues i had was with the looping a "loop" in the Sp-6 sampler, but i've discovered that was a user error not itch error. other then that itch has been solid, and tonight I did 5 STRAIGHT hours of just mixing, cueing, scratching, all that, and not had a single issue so far. Believe me, if i had an issue i'd be reporting it, but so far it has been solid for me, and i run a HP laptop with win 7 64-bit. No offense to your mac users, mac's have they usefulness too, but Win machine are more versatile if you know how to configure them properly ;)
DJ Baby Raj 7:23 AM - 21 July, 2011
Anybody going to use 2.0 at a upcoming gig? I may this weekend. Seems solid although I need to put more time into it.
2Smooth420 7:27 AM - 21 July, 2011
I'm using it this friday at a gig i have in San Diego Baby Raj. I've used it for online spins i've done podcasting, and its been more solid for me then 1.7 is, even using the sp-6 sampler......which took me a while to figure out its operation and get used to keyboard shortcuts. but overall its solid, and i'm gonna use it this friday for a live gig in san diego, California
2Smooth420 7:29 AM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
sick!. mash ups are on! with beat grid and the sync on for the sampler. next level. kinda an ableton feel. just need midi on the sampler????? what ya recon serato mapped to a midi fighter??? say yes!

I agree with you, the beatgrids and sync with the sampler give it an ableton feel. However, just imagine what you would get with Serato Bridge on Itch. if you had that the sp-6 sampler is nothing, but at the same time, the sampler is great to hold us over till bridge is out for itch
DJ Baby Raj 7:31 AM - 21 July, 2011
Awesome 25smooth good luck! I'm finally getting down this whole new sync setup. More brain work... now I gotta drink less LOL
Dj Fitty 7:59 AM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
Anybody going to use 2.0 at a upcoming gig? I may this weekend. Seems solid although I need to put more time into it.

i used it tonight. although I didnt have any issues when practicing, at my gig, the platter response is not quite the same as 1.5. it skipped a few times in the middle of a scratch and also a song skipped once. i cant put my finger on it but the feel is a tad different. I guess my report will be scratching is good but not quite right. Also i was typing in search section for a song and itch minimized and a few other glitches while searching. no drop outs or other issues.
techjitsu 12:41 PM - 21 July, 2011
I will be using it for a corporate event tonight; have 1.7.1 still installed [modified the name of the .app file] so I can switch back if needed. If all goes well, I will use it on a 7 hour event I have in a couple of weeks...

Glad to finally have smartcrates on ITCH!
Dj jochi 4:52 PM - 21 July, 2011
How can I get the itch 2.0 beta? I will like to try it.
[O/][iii][O/] 5:04 PM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:

YES, absolutely. Why? Browsable Cover Art.

Covert art is the best, most important thing about this update IMO. The missing browsable cover art was a major reason that has had many (self included) holding off on Itch all together until it inherited this feature from SSL. Browsable cover art is a critical, essential feature for many users for several different reasons. Serato thankfully understands this need for many of its users which is why it's been added. They wouldn't have done so if not. Bravo Serato for finally implementing it into Itch. It's about damn time. Now I can actually SEE my music and select lightning fast rather than reading through what amounts to a bunch of phonebook text. Know I can get back to visually searching like I do in SSL. THANK YOU SERATO!

i802.photobucket.com
djserge97 6:07 PM - 21 July, 2011
does 2.0 work on osx lion?
kraal 7:10 PM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:

no
Dj jochi 7:18 PM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

no

it is working fine for me!
djbrb 9:04 PM - 21 July, 2011
salut j'ai quant je stop le jogs en mode lecture le son ne repart pas instantanément et ce avec les deux jogs ..

aussi sp-6 impossible d'affecter un touche sur le clavier ?
djbrb 9:04 PM - 21 July, 2011
salut quant je stop le jogs en mode lecture le son ne repart pas instantanément et ce avec les deux jogs ..

aussi sp-6 impossible d'affecter un touche sur le clavier ?
Papa Midnight 9:10 PM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

no

"Serato accepts no responsibility for public humiliation, booing from the crowd or lost gigs" :P
djbrb 9:18 PM - 21 July, 2011
aussi ce serai pas mal de mettre une version française sur cette touche ? pour nous traduire tout ce qu'il a de noté..c'est la mission comprendre ..
Paco71 10:27 PM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
aussi ce serai pas mal de mettre une version française sur cette touche ? pour nous traduire tout ce qu'il a de noté..c'est la mission comprendre ..

Il y a une partie française sur ce forum, si vous ne parlez pas anglais, postez vos questions dans celle-ci, vous y trouverez de l'aide.
Dj jochi 10:44 PM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
anglais seulement

Everybody knows that is under each other resposanbility. And everybody needs to know that is a beta try out. Hopefully this version will be better!
Kid Icarus 1:06 AM - 22 July, 2011
I used the 2.0 Beta running on OSX Lion w/Vestax Vci MKII, last night 5 hour gig had no issues at all just takes some getting used to with the auto sync.. Tried it out today withthe NS6 no problems at all everything seems to be working smoothly for me
hologram 2:56 AM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

no

It works just be careful of the gotchas.
read the disclaimer.

Sort of like the SSL mac OS bug with unpluging a tm57 live. Stop SSL before you unplug.
problem solved.
DJ LIL M 4:23 AM - 22 July, 2011
10 more days till the final release
Dj Fitty 8:30 AM - 22 July, 2011
2 yrs waiting for this bs? I mean really, all I got was a make over. I already had smart crates and a sampler player. come on, when yall gonna give us something? There is no way it took this long to wait for nothing.
djcerla 9:13 AM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
2 yrs waiting for this bs? I mean really, all I got was a make over. I already had smart crates and a sampler player. come on, when yall gonna give us something? There is no way it took this long to wait for nothing.

Uh? In what parallel universe?
BadBoyChubs 10:30 AM - 22 July, 2011
2yrs is worth the way, I had enuff time to practice and develop as a DJ. In 2 years i learnt alot, i got raid of virtual dj , cause i still using it cause i felt more comfortable, then i learn serato SSL, never knew how to use it properly. so yeah, work my mixing learnt Mixing in key.

wat u all learn in 2 years. I happy with 2.0 sorry if u thing these new features were easy to install in 2.0 cause SSL and itch is different under the hood
JDforKing 11:36 AM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:

Lmfao, i don't agree, but thats pretty funny.
Dj Fitty 12:48 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Uh? In what parallel universe?

in this universe.
hard? this is what they do
I am happy with 2.0 hell i was happy with 1.5, still 2 years? for this?
its funny that some have spent over $24000 dollars on controllers but still have to use the keyboard for samples, now I am LMFAO
dont get me wrong I like Itch but come on Ceria U was doing what Itch can do in the early 90's
Dj Fitty 1:05 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
2yrs is worth the way, I had enuff time to practice and develop as a DJ. In 2 years i learnt alot, i got raid of virtual dj , cause i still using it cause i felt more comfortable, then i learn serato SSL, never knew how to use it properly. so yeah, work my mixing learnt Mixing in key.

wat u all learn in 2 years. I happy with 2.0 sorry if u thing these new features were easy to install in 2.0 cause SSL and itch is different under the hood

well in your case I guess less was better and I am glad you have bettered yourself at something you love doing and I hope there are many more cases like yours, but that has nothing to do with the lack of direction that Serato was going with Itch for the last 2 yrs.
Dj Fitty 1:09 PM - 22 July, 2011
$24000 LOL meant to say $2400
Dj Fitty 1:23 PM - 22 July, 2011
anyway I've vented, back to practice
Paco71 1:47 PM - 22 July, 2011
Poeple are never Happy, there is always something wromg !
The two years are the past.

Itch 2.0 is here now sot go forward and don't look back ;)
djcerla 1:59 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:

in this universe.
its funny that some have spent over $24000 dollars on controllers but still have to use the keyboard for samples, now I am LMFAO

1) with little effort you can use any MIDI controller to trigger SP-6 samples in ITCH 2.0 as of today

2) the current 2.0 release candidate is a mere backbone; it's exactly the opposite of a "makeover", as the guts of the software is where most of the work has been done. These strong, modular foundations will allow for a quick catch-up of the SSL features set and beyond. The best DJ controller experience by far (ITCH) just got better with this (backbone) 2.0 release, imagine after all the plugins will be unleashed. No wonder that the main competitor is spending millions in advertising for their second-rate controller.

Quote:
dont get me wrong I like Itch but come on Ceria U was doing what Itch can do in the early 90's

Nice entry for the (languishing) Trollfest.
djcerla 2:23 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
1) with little effort you can use any MIDI controller to trigger SP-6 samples in ITCH 2.0 as of today

Can you confirm this

Just use a keystrokes>MIDI translator. An interim solution but iw works.
zaguama 2:26 PM - 22 July, 2011
is there a keystroke to switch banks? dont think so.
Dj Fitty 3:30 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
in this universe.

2) the current 2.0 release candidate is a mere backbone; it's exactly the opposite of a "makeover", as the guts of the software is where most of the work has been done. These strong, modular foundations will allow for a quick catch-up of the SSL features set and beyond. The best DJ controller experience by far (ITCH) just got better with this (backbone) 2.0 release, imagine after all the plugins will be unleashed. No wonder that the main competitor is spending millions in advertising for their second-rate controller.

Quote:

Nice entry for the (languishing) Trollfest.

the best controller experience? scratching yes, there are tons of happy users of other software. and you sure dont sound like a consumer anymore you sound more like a spokesman for Serato. I choose to use Itch at the moment, nothing more nothing less. and by the way I was using midi thru my iphone to trigger samples for the past few years and smart playlist with itunes. You might wanna worship the ground that Serato walks on but not me.
kraal 3:36 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:

you already had smart crates and a sampler inside itch?--- point is they added it to itch nothing more nothing less ... less relying on other software... as simple as that sounds it is a nice deal to quite a few people
djcerla 3:47 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
and you sure dont sound like a consumer anymore you sound more like a spokesman for Serato

Yes? And how do you explain this post? serato.com

Sounds pretty much like a consumer request, uh?

ITCH controllers are the best DJ experience, by far, on the marketplace, and I say this from the deep of my love for DJing and music (I don't love any company), and as a former Traktor user since 2003.
kraal 4:07 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:

ITCH controllers are the best DJ experience, by far, on the marketplace,.

that is definitely an opinion ... maybe the best controllers on the market but not necessarily the best dj experience
Dj Fitty 4:07 PM - 22 July, 2011
ok I have hi jacked this thread long enough, but I also purchased Traktor when it first came out and I switched because of the controller. I personally like Itch interface better. Its like my waveform and my play list and thats all I really wanna see. But I will not go as far as to say its the best dj experience on the marketplace, maybe for you.
Dj Fitty 4:15 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
and you sure dont sound like a consumer anymore you sound more like a spokesman for Serato

Yes? And how do you explain this post? serato.com

Sounds pretty much like a consumer request, uh?

ITCH controllers are the best DJ experience, by far, on the marketplace, and I say this from the deep of my love for DJing and music (I don't love any company), and as a former Traktor user since 2003.

you bring alot of experience to the forum so your suggestions carry alot of weight, not really trying to debate with you. I wouldnt be mad if Serato was sponsoring you. maybe Serato tour or something
djcerla 4:23 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

that is definitely an opinion ... maybe the best controllers on the market but not necessarily the best dj experience

Of course it's an opinion: I use product X professionally because I think it's the best.

I would be surprised if a professional would settle for product Y, knowing or thinking product X is better!

That's why I'm on this board rather than NI's.
DjBrianDowling 5:11 PM - 22 July, 2011
I love itch 2.0.

I feel it's still just a bit more that a facelook at the moment with sampler added.

I use an NS7 and had an issue with not saving a recorded mix.

Does anyone else have this problem?
marcA 5:14 PM - 22 July, 2011
it fooled me the first time also: you actually have to press record before the recording starts ...
techjitsu 5:35 PM - 22 July, 2011
I have a 90min gig tonight; will see how it handles the activity...
DjBrianDowling 5:35 PM - 22 July, 2011
^ oh yeah I forgot to press record lol

No seriously, when I'm finished recording, I name it and press save but nothing happens and it doesn't save. Wondering did serato change how this works.
techjitsu 5:37 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
^ oh yeah I forgot to press record lol

No seriously, when I'm finished recording, I name it and press save but nothing happens and it doesn't save. Wondering did serato change how this works.

Did you check your setup configuration to see which format you saved it in, then search for files of that same type [sorting by date created/modified]?
marcA 5:43 PM - 22 July, 2011
on windows it's in your users music folder under serato\recording
but seriously, the first time i only clicked on record (which opens the record props - there you have to click on rec again - different from 1.7)
DJdaveZ 5:47 PM - 22 July, 2011
you dont have to be an angry consumer to be a consumer.
DjBrianDowling 6:21 PM - 22 July, 2011
Cheers guys, when im back home i'll check out settings
DJ Jazzy-Lu 8:42 PM - 22 July, 2011
I am not using the beta, but is there a manual on it. I wanna get a head start on whats new.
Thanks to everyone doing the testing
kraal 12:27 AM - 23 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Of course it's an opinion: I use product X professionally because I think it's the best.

I would be surprised if a professional would settle for product Y, knowing or thinking product X is better!

That's why I'm on this board rather than NI's.

and dj shifte dj qbert and now dj jazzy jeff would say the exact opposite :)
techjitsu 3:51 PM - 23 July, 2011
Only issue during my gig last night was that my FX attachment didn't seem to work. Kept crushing/muting the sound in a weird pattern [similar to the timed/synchronized effect of a turning signal on a car]. I ended up unplugging it from my USB port and working without it for the rest of the night.
djcerla 3:59 PM - 23 July, 2011
Quote:
Only issue during my gig last night was that my FX attachment didn't seem to work. Kept crushing/muting the sound in a weird pattern [similar to the timed/synchronized effect of a turning signal on a car]. I ended up unplugging it from my USB port and working without it for the rest of the night.

do you mean NSFX? VFX-1?

try to trash ITCH preferences.
BadBoyChubs 4:27 PM - 23 July, 2011
@djcerla what trash ITCH preferences does? i saw it in one of the bugs postings. is it necessary
djcerla 4:45 PM - 23 July, 2011
Quote:
@djcerla what trash ITCH preferences does? i saw it in one of the bugs postings. is it necessary

just try, it makes no damage (but it will default ITCH parameters to factory settings)

On a Mac, preferences are under users - your account - library - preferences. Just clear everything that says ITCH or serato.
BadBoyChubs 4:59 PM - 23 July, 2011
Oh ok, I jus did it! thanks for the heads up
techjitsu 5:32 PM - 23 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

do you mean NSFX? VFX-1?

try to trash ITCH preferences.

It is the NSFX; going to try the plist purge you suggested...
Dj Ricky Redz 8:59 PM - 23 July, 2011
I used 2.0 beta for about 6hours last night and had 2 very small dropouts and a weird bug if i should speed up a track faster than +8% it will just speed up extremely fast for about half a second or as long as the cpu meter peaks!!
DJ Frank Labate 4:46 PM - 24 July, 2011
Same played for about 7 hrs w/ two dropouts (those always scare the shit out of me) but no other problems. I had forgotten to reinstall 1.7 before the gig and sweated out 2.0
Kid Icarus 5:02 AM - 25 July, 2011
Does anyone know how the eff you can raise the BPM with out it pitching up and how the eff do I get it to auto beat match like 1.7 it seems like they changed that for no reason..

Oh yea I'm using the NS6 and previously had the Vestax Vci-300 MKII
kraal 6:13 AM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
Does anyone know how the eff you can raise the BPM with out it pitching up and how the eff do I get it to auto beat match like 1.7 it seems like they changed that for no reason..

Oh yea I'm using the NS6 and previously had the Vestax Vci-300 MKII

press the master tempo button for keylock
sync read here
serato.com
Dj Ricky Redz 8:13 AM - 25 July, 2011
tried it again last night and got 0 drop outs!!! but would still have a problem when i max out the pitch fader! wether it on +/-8 or 16 it would would "race" (speed up real fast) for about half a second when i load a next track! I've also kinda noticed that its when the cpu usage is at 100%
Dj Ricky Redz 8:14 AM - 25 July, 2011
btw! i was using it for 7 hours
alex_2k 8:56 AM - 25 July, 2011
Hello,

I am from Germany and my english is not very good.... but i hope all of you can understand me.... Today i was testing Itch 2.0 with my Numark NS7. And the result wasn't very good. Also my Laptop recognizes the ns7. Then i started itch 2.0. After the loading screen, i can see the ns7 decks on my itch screen for a second..... Ant then they disappear. And on the top there comes the message: "No Hardware found". but with my ns7 i can load a song to deck A. And when i press the play button, it starts to play.... but the sound is coming out of my laptop and not from my ns7. But Deck B is completely deactivate!
Papa Midnight 9:10 AM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
Hello,

I am from Germany and my english is not very good.... but i hope all of you can understand me.... Today i was testing Itch 2.0 with my Numark NS7. And the result wasn't very good. Also my Laptop recognizes the ns7. Then i started itch 2.0. After the loading screen, i can see the ns7 decks on my itch screen for a second..... Ant then they disappear. And on the top there comes the message: "No Hardware found". but with my ns7 i can load a song to deck A. And when i press the play button, it starts to play.... but the sound is coming out of my laptop and not from my ns7. But Deck B is completely deactivate!

That is called "Offline Mode". Secondly, did you make sure to have the NS7 connected during installation? Uninstall ITCH 2.0, then reinstall it with the NS7 connected and reboot.
Easy lover 12:07 PM - 25 July, 2011
Hello,

I have a few dropouts like in 1.7.1!! It is not big problem but it has influence on my mix. Best version for me is 1.5, because i had never a dropout. Please software engineers make something like in 1.5 because i read a lot comments were people say that they also had never dropouts in version 1.5. Version 1.7.1 it the same like 2.0 talking about dropouts. Itch 2.0 version is very good, but that dropouts make me sane.

Best regards

Hope you will fix that problems.
djcerla 12:10 PM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
Hello,

I have a few dropouts like in 1.7.1!! It is not big problem but it has influence on my mix. Best version for me is 1.5, because i had never a dropout. Please software engineers make something like in 1.5 because i read a lot comments were people say that they also had never dropouts in version 1.5. Version 1.7.1 it the same like 2.0 talking about dropouts. Itch 2.0 version is very good, but that dropouts make me sane.

Best regards

Hope you will fix that problems.

a quick (if expensive) fix is to get a faster computer.
DJ Jazzy-Lu 5:03 PM - 25 July, 2011
Will we still need itch-sync or anything like that with 2.0. I am hoping they made itch better for adding tracks
DJ B.A.M.N. 3:31 AM - 26 July, 2011
testing is going good, no more drop outs.... I only wish i could setup my sp-6 in the off line player
blackavenger 6:33 AM - 26 July, 2011
Quote:
I only wish i could setup my sp-6 in the off line player

As do I. Perhaps in a future update? Maybe.
Beatnologic 9:05 AM - 26 July, 2011
Quote:
I only wish i could setup my sp-6 in the off line player

+1
Dj Ricky Redz 12:18 PM - 26 July, 2011
Quote:
testing is going good, no more drop outs.... I only wish i could setup my sp-6 in the off line player

+1

i really think its silly to only be able to setup samples while hardware is connected! same for scratch live as well.
blackavenger 5:06 PM - 26 July, 2011
Quote:
same for scratch live as well.

Yeah, I've been thinking that since the SP-6 was first introduced. But being that it's a Plugin, and not part of the base GUI, that may prove difficult for them to code. Oh well, I would still like for them to try ;)
DJ B.A.M.N. 11:31 PM - 26 July, 2011
I dont see why not, Im no programmer but video sl is available in off line mode and it is also a plugin. But as i said Im not familiar with programming and what it takes (time & effort) to make these things happen so its just a thought
blackavenger 2:03 AM - 27 July, 2011
Neither am I, B.A.M.N. .....nor do I know whether it's (im)possible or not. Just guessing.
hamplifier 7:21 AM - 27 July, 2011
wow 2.0 is sooo much better ,runs alot more smoothly for me than 1.7,only problem ive had so far is it glitches when i use the fx bar on my ns7 but apart from that i havnt had another glitch at all , not sure about the sync function now tho :/ i cant seem to unsync once ive sync'd a song so ive just been doing it the old fashioned way
fabino08 8:32 PM - 27 July, 2011
where to go to try the 2.o version?
dj scottie b 4:14 AM - 1 August, 2011
ok.......have they fixed the mic input issue?and btw,i hope u (and the company) realize that its the same issue w the aux input as well(gradual same sound issues over time of use)..i guess its w whatever it is w the channel window that they are both a part of
has anybody noticed anything?please post
dj scottie b 1:58 PM - 1 August, 2011
there is no bug report for that...its real time...and this a known problem that has been discussed HERE several times
so if ur not gonna help,keep all that to yourself
and obviously i signed up....dont u see my name?
genius
are there any real geniuses out there...thanks
kraal 2:05 PM - 1 August, 2011
Quote:

and obviously i signed up....dont u see my name?
genius
are there any real geniuses out there...thanks

what he is saying was sign into the public beta and post there where the bugs are being worked on and addressed --- i would of got better propriety and notice
mr187 11:12 PM - 18 April, 2012
i need the 2.0 beta for my ns7fx anything else past beta crash when i plug in my external hdd.
DJ dVO 1:31 AM - 19 April, 2012
pm me your email address....
DJ Quartz 2:41 PM - 19 April, 2012
I would open a ticket on this so they are aware. I've been reporting a crash issue with connecting my NSFX since 2.2 was in testing.

There is a definite issue there.
DJ Quartz 9:29 PM - 19 April, 2012
No I'm no going to go buy a Macbook Pro.

It was fixed in 2.0, I'm going to work with them to get it bug trapped and exterminated.
DJred24 9:51 PM - 19 April, 2012
Windows doesn't suck. It's just not your choice of software. If windows was so bad then why does it still sell ? Windows 8 is coming if I'm not mistaken.
DJ Quartz 5:56 PM - 23 April, 2012
Traced down the problem to the database handling in Itch.

SSL can load my database without a hitch but Itch chokes on startup. So there is a problem in the application.

@ mr187

Here is a test based on working with tech support and my own trial and error.

Move your _serato_ and serato backup folders to your desktop. Launch Itch with your devices connected.

Try connecting and disconnecting them and see what happens.

I tried this and it immediately worked, so it's the database causing my problems even though SSL has no problems with it.

Do you have a large database?
DJ Quartz 11:29 AM - 24 April, 2012
Yes, try moving them temporarily and launching Itch so it doesn't try to load the database.
DJ Quartz 10:39 PM - 24 April, 2012
Yep same problem,

I uploaded my database to the team, they can open it in the Mac version but not the Windows version.

Hence why I say there is an actual problem with the windows version of Itch itself.

Scratch Live handles my database just fine.
DJ Quartz 10:39 PM - 24 April, 2012
You will probably need to move your serato folder on your internal drive to get it to launch.
DJ Quartz 12:58 PM - 1 May, 2012
Well right now I'm asking about memory limitations in Windows because Itch is 32-bit.

So I'm actually getting memory errors from the application itself.
mr187 7:53 PM - 25 October, 2012
look like the problem was solved with installing OSX.
Now I can dj not worring about crashes