DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

New iTunes 9

DJ Tecoy 8:13 PM - 9 September, 2009
Has anyone come across any problems with this as of yet, granted its just been released toady? I've heard of the issues with Video-SL and Snow Leopard.
Turn Table Tennis 8:46 PM - 9 September, 2009
Quote:
its just been released toady?

i wonder when they'll upgrade to the prince version.

but anyway, no problems for me yet. i saw a post here earlier of some one with serato dead in the water with snow leopard.
SUBSTANCE 10:27 PM - 9 September, 2009
I notice that you can't collapse the itunes file tree in serato anymore.
Cyberia 2:20 AM - 10 September, 2009
Quote:

I have the same thing happening, yet there is no icon for iTunes at all in the Serato program...
citi 2:35 AM - 10 September, 2009
looks like I will be waiting for them to approve 9
Cyberia 4:30 AM - 10 September, 2009
All my music shows up just fine but the iTunes folder icon is missing. Not to big of a problem but weird.
Dj BuddyLove 5:23 AM - 10 September, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

I have the same thing happening, yet there is no icon for iTunes at all in the Serato program...

confirmed for me too.. =O(
Itunes 9
Vista 64
chims 8:46 AM - 10 September, 2009
crap! i got trigger happy and just installed itunes 9 before checking the forums for compatibility and got a gig this wknd. hope it's not bad other than the collapsing issue.
SeriousCyrus 11:14 AM - 10 September, 2009
Just updated mine too, the iTunes playlists are no longer collapsible, but everything is there and works.
Cyberia 2:02 PM - 10 September, 2009
I tested it for a long while last night and had no other problems. The only other issue I came across was that Scratch Live "thought" I needed to build overviews for all of my files again... I wish there was a feature to reset the "memory" or settings in order to keep files that had overviews built for them, labeled as such.
Crickett 4:36 PM - 10 September, 2009
I'm still running Itunes 6!

Stay away from iTunes updates...
djbigboy 5:22 PM - 10 September, 2009
Hahah - soon as i see the "Apple Wants to Update Your Software" I just close it and pretend I didn't see it. I wait til everyone says its cool. i am on 8. But it looks like Itunes 9 is stable.
SUBSTANCE 5:20 AM - 11 September, 2009
Quote:
I'm still running Itunes 6!

Stay away from iTunes updates...

yeah, I don't trust that new playstation thing either. Sticking with the mega drive over here.
citi 5:27 AM - 11 September, 2009
lol!
Killbill 10:43 PM - 11 September, 2009
LMAO @ Megadrive
DJ Burge 12:06 AM - 12 September, 2009
Hi guys I am new to this site..I saw this thread and I like to reply and maybe someone can even help me. With itunes 9 it seems a little bit slower and a little less responsive. For example, sometimes for Serato to read all of your itunes you music you would have to go to itunes music libraray in itunes, not and in serato.. and select all files and then click uncheck selection and then select all again but this time check selection. With this itunes it takes forever where i let it go for an hour and the still was loading and never finished while with the previous I had it took a lot less probably around a minute if not less, I think i had 8. something not sure exactly which. With this itunes it is slower and I need to get all my music into serato because its not there and soon as I do I am making crates and and copying my playlists into crates there because I cannot deal with the itunes feature, sometimes it loads and sometimes it does not. Thanks.
Millz 10:16 AM - 12 September, 2009
Im having issues just getting Itunes 9 to load up...and its missing the music video tab on the home page...and half the links dont work...sigh

Vista 64.
Millz 10:18 AM - 12 September, 2009
Ive clicked on support several times and it still doesnt do shit.
Millz 10:19 AM - 12 September, 2009
...is there a way to view all ITunes plus videos?
Dj BuddyLove 9:06 PM - 12 September, 2009
id say to all revert back too the previous version..thats what i did.
no more adding new updates for me. (at least until i know they are ok)
Millz 9:10 PM - 12 September, 2009
yea, i figured out a few things, but its a very big pain in the ass;)
BERTO 3:27 PM - 13 September, 2009
fucking thing doesnt go into mini player when u press the green(mac) buttom on the corner u gotta shift ctrl m stupid upgrade
DJ Tecoy 5:23 PM - 13 September, 2009
I upgraded to the iTunes 9, no issues thus far. Sorry for the misspelling in the original post.
djkraze 6:05 PM - 13 September, 2009
if you have snow leopard and upgraded to itunes 9, its a big fuckin help because now you can make your playlist again(for those who crates got fucked up due to snow leopard). all my damn crates if finished but now i will make them in itunes..
sixxx 8:43 PM - 13 September, 2009
My friend uses Windowx XP. He updated iTunes 9 and now VSL crashes upon start up.

SSL worked fine.
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:47 PM - 13 September, 2009
Quote:
...is there a way to view all ITunes plus videos?

yes, its at the very bottom...

Features

Browse
Butang 10:05 PM - 13 September, 2009
Quote:
fucking thing doesnt go into mini player when u press the green(mac) buttom on the corner u gotta shift ctrl m stupid upgrade

Option + Green button to go into mini player
DJ Grenade 10:51 PM - 13 September, 2009
is there any way to move the playlists around and resort them?
rcp90x562 11:36 PM - 13 September, 2009
Used iTunes 9 with Serato 1.9.1 for a good 5 hour gig last night. Besides not being able to collapse the iTunes playlist, I noticed a little more stress (lag) on my Macbook pro too.
babooza69 3:54 AM - 14 September, 2009
not upgrading yet!
DPR250R 12:30 PM - 14 September, 2009
"Home Sharing" FTW! Finally... been waiting for this for a looooooooong time.

My Serato laptop is still on 7.5....
SUBSTANCE 2:36 AM - 20 September, 2009
okay, this is a way around the non-collapsable itunes playlists.
In itunes, create a playlist folder. Put all your playlists into it & voila, a collapsable file tree just like you're used to will appear in SSL.
(I never noticed the playlist folder function in itunes til now)
SeriousCyrus 3:05 PM - 20 September, 2009
Quote:
"Home Sharing" FTW! Finally... been waiting for this for a looooooooong time.

+1

Makes synching music between the laptop and my main PC a cinch, now I only have to copy the scratch live folder over.
Cyberia 3:45 AM - 23 September, 2009
I just installed the new update to iTunes 9. I can confirm that it restores the collapsable folder of iTunes in Serato.
eagsbfd 6:00 PM - 23 September, 2009
Quote:
I just installed the new update to iTunes 9. I can confirm that it restores the collapsable folder of iTunes in Serato.

i installed itunes 9.01 this morning and my playlists are not collapsable
eagsbfd 8:48 PM - 23 September, 2009
ignore my previous post! I was on the wrong system.. they are in fact collapsable..

Thanks
enoise 12:40 AM - 24 September, 2009
i find that my itunes playlist load up much slower on serato siince upgrading to itunes 9
Sharod 3:49 AM - 24 September, 2009
ITunes 9.0.1 is out with bug fixes. Just updated. Loads fine in serato. Very impressed with the ITunes playlist folder & new smart playlist options.
Sharod 3:50 AM - 24 September, 2009
Oh didn't see eagsbfd post.
Dj BuddyLove 3:55 AM - 24 September, 2009
downgrade back..
www.oldapps.com
Loop 3:47 PM - 26 September, 2009
My collapsible folder containing all my iTunes playlists was broken when I installed iTunes 9.0 - which was annoying, but everything else worked fine.

I just upgraded to the latest iTunes 9.0.1 and the collapsible folder is BACK!! And everything works like before!

Powerbook G4 1.67 (PPC), OSX 10.4.11, iTunes 9.0.1, 2GB Ram
Dj BuddyLove 1:16 AM - 27 September, 2009
Quote:
My collapsible folder containing all my iTunes playlists was broken when I installed iTunes 9.0 - which was annoying, but everything else worked fine.

I just upgraded to the latest iTunes 9.0.1 and the collapsible folder is BACK!! And everything works like before!

Powerbook G4 1.67 (PPC), OSX 10.4.11, iTunes 9.0.1, 2GB Ram

confirmed w/ me too.
9.0.1 seems better/stable
DJ Dub Cowboy 1:45 AM - 27 September, 2009
better than 8.XX (whatever came before 9)?
Alessandro 4:06 PM - 5 October, 2009
in this discussion (www.scratchlive.net) I posted my problem with iTunes 9.
The bug will be fixed. I'm using Windows XP Professional ;-)