DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ DCX Ripped me Off Need some help from you guys

Niro 2:48 AM - 17 July, 2006
What's up, I sold a 56 to DJ DCX and everything was cool, withdrew the money from paypal before I sent it, so I thought it was cool. Than a few days ago, I go to pay for something with it and I see a negative $450 in my account. He did a chargeback settlement somehow and they just deducted from my account. Claiming he did recieve the mixer or somthing like that. What sucks is I sent it priority mail, gave him some extra stuff. Talked to the guy and made sure he got it, he told me it got there on Sat. and he even did a gig with it.

Since I met the guy here, I'm hoping you guys can help me out. His info

*****Removed by moderators*****

Here's his myspace www.myspace.com If you go into his pics. viewmorepics.myspace.com that is the mixer with the blue faceplate.

I'm temped to take a flight out to Ohio. This sucks, because I talked to the guy and everything. Dude seemed like a nice guy, wife was having a kid and everything. Chris if you read this, you have the opportunity to come clean and lets figure this out, I hope there's more to the story.

So, to the serato community any help would be great.

Thanks
papsworth 2:50 AM - 17 July, 2006
yo thats mad fucked up of him... im sorry man.
MusicMeister 3:39 AM - 17 July, 2006
If you have proof of delivery you can forward it to Paypal...

And this is just one of many reasons why I don't use paypal anymore...
D-Twizzle 3:47 AM - 17 July, 2006
That's messed up bro. Is that the blue one he's showing off on his myspace pictures...
myspace.com

I got scammed off ebay/paypal in the past and I know the feeling. I'm sure we can get someone from here to pay him a visit.
D-Twizzle 3:54 AM - 17 July, 2006
I missed the part where you pointed out that was your blue mixer, anyway, that's hella messed up. You may also want to call local police and file a report if you think that may help you.
Niro 4:24 AM - 17 July, 2006
D, hey did you get to make it out last night? I had you on the list.

But, yeah I'm hoping it was some sort of mistake, I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt, before I start to take more drastic actions. Shit happens to everyone and I hope there's a good story behind it all. I talked to the guy and he seemed nice, but again people don't rip you off being mean.

S
Niro 4:30 AM - 17 July, 2006
He's also showing it off on his mac page web.mac.com

D-Twizzle, that was the mixer I was gonna sell you, would have been a lot easier.

S
D-Twizzle 4:46 AM - 17 July, 2006
We hit up Element first to see Tre then went down to Trinity at 12:15, but the guy up front said the guest list was closed. Then my boy was already puking so we chilled outside and ate some hot dogs for a while. The club looked pretty well packed though. I think I'll be going out again next weekend, I'll try to hit it up early next time.
el presidente 4:49 AM - 17 July, 2006
i feel so very sorry for you man. what a fucking scumbag. i hate thieves of all types. i know someone else was saying they got ripped off on a faceplate or something somewhere on these boards. i wish there was something i can do to help. this is why there is no buy/sell forum here i guess. please keep us updated (and hopefully someone will roll up on him and square him away).
DJMark 7:01 AM - 17 July, 2006
I will add one piece of advice to this, since you mentioned sending it "priority mail": Always send anything you're selling by trackable shipment (perferably where the recipient has to sign for it). It would be way too easy for the US Mail (unless sent by certified mail) to turn into a "he said/she said" scenario...you don't have *proof* of reciept.

In this case it might be fairly easy to establish reciept since he's not only got pictures posted of the mixer on the web, but also in his profile he mentions the intent to purchase it.

It's very interesting that Paypal would just make that deduction from your account with no notice/investigation. Seems like they'd want to do a bit more fact-finding first.
rfnunchuks 7:18 AM - 17 July, 2006
if he really did steal your shit, i'd suggest writing all of his friends on his friends list and offer like a $50 reward or something. i definitely know a few people i sorta call friend that i'd snitch on for 50 bones.
Monk-A 11:58 AM - 17 July, 2006
:( sorry to hear about that man... hopefully it's just some kind of Credit Card company mistake.
mister iLL 12:04 PM - 17 July, 2006
you need to contact paypal about this.
DJ Sarcastic 12:35 PM - 17 July, 2006
First let me say: lmao at you getting fucked in the ass
DJ Sarcastic 12:44 PM - 17 July, 2006
Quote:

I'm temped to take a flight out to Ohio. This sucks, because I talked to the guy and everything. Dude seemed like a nice guy, wife was having a kid and everything. Chris if you read this, you have the opportunity to come clean and lets figure this out, I hope there's more to the story.

So, to the serato community any help would be great.

Thanks

Bingo Buddy, I wouldn't mind spending the extra cash for a plane ticket to personally deliver an ass kicking!!!! Or you can get your money back plus more, if you take the flight there, watch his ass, and when he least expects it . . . POWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! I would rob that fucker, for everying he has. Fuck the money, its the principle . . . principallities. I've seen that guys gear on his myspace . . . shit I 'm even tempted to take a road trip to get me some "free gear". I will even give you a good price on the 56, when I sell it back to you.
kicko 1:21 PM - 17 July, 2006
well if you have no proof then of sending it then i am afraid you might be F'ed, if you had proof that it was sent, even if that was stolen off his doorstep you would not have had a charge back. You need to contact paypal and your police dept. I do thing however the pictures are worth 1000 words all of them starting with T as in thief and that might be your only angle besides kicking his ass.
birdbrain 1:43 PM - 17 July, 2006
i havent done a backcharge through paypal but i have through ebay and i would think since they are basically the same company they would work the same. when i went through the process to get my money back through ebay it took over a month and they required all sorts of proof. i dont know how he would just get his money back without you even being notified.
Niro 12:35 AM - 18 July, 2006
Bump up for DJ DCX
DJ Yaz 5:33 AM - 18 July, 2006
I sent him a myspace message asking him to come here and answer these charges.
ABM 2:36 PM - 18 July, 2006
catch him and BYAAAAAAAH dailysixer.com/chapdean.shtml

This might even be an interstate commerce crime dude. Maybe you should call the feds? Or a consult with a local attorney.
custom_1 3:06 PM - 18 July, 2006
was it worth it DJ DCX? to save 500 bucks and pay 10k in legal fee's if you don't get convicted LOL
s42000 3:48 PM - 18 July, 2006
wow!
AMF 6:10 PM - 18 July, 2006
This is the illest shit.... I'd be tempted to make a road trip for this one, even if I lived on the west coast. Damn.
Dj KaGeN 6:19 PM - 18 July, 2006
What kind of action can you take with PayPal? What can Ebay do for you? Somwhere between those two outfits you should be able to prove your case and have the funds reversed nad settle this in a proper fashion. It really sucks on his part to pull this kind of prank. I doubt he'll be showing up here anytime soon and posting...
Dj KaGeN 6:20 PM - 18 July, 2006
You sent it priority - you have the receipt. You have any emails confiramtion, did he giev you feedback on ebay? Research it out - and get on it - stop spending time here - unless you plan on having some kind of SSL hitman appear in Ohio.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 7:09 PM - 18 July, 2006
aren't there lawyers here on this forum?
djransom 7:56 PM - 18 July, 2006
What goes around, comes around. I usually don't wish this upon people, but something needs to happen to wake this guy. Fraud is one of the worst things to do to a person seriously. Some people don't take kind to fraud such as this. Exhaust all of your options and provided proof of the transaction w/ receipts & convos as well. Good luck and I hope you get this matter squared away.
Niro 8:16 PM - 18 July, 2006
Thanks for the support guys, paypal is currently taking some action right now. I have a bunch of evidence, so hopefully it all goes well. I don't want to talk too much about it to reveal anything. Overall I just want DCX to settle this, face to face and hopefully have a reason. I was pretty heated about it at first, but now I'm just waiting to see what happens. I trust that everything will work out, I've been honest and generous in my life and have had it returned to me many folds over. I have a pretty cool life. But, you can't have the ying without the yang, Just makes me appreciate good people and friends even more.

Now, I feel sorry for the guy, more than anything. Being an adult and having to steal, to get material things. That's just really sad.

S
djransom 8:22 PM - 18 July, 2006
Don't feel bad for him because he's definitely going to get what's coming to him in one way or another seriously. For every action there's a reaction. It may not be instant, but it will happen.
Detroitbootybass 8:25 PM - 18 July, 2006
Quote:
Now, I feel sorry for the guy, more than anything. Being an adult and having to steal, to get material things. That's just really sad.

What is truly sad is that this person is a parent... what a positive role-model for his child.
rfnunchuks 8:29 PM - 18 July, 2006
i've had some equipment stolen from me by other musicians and that has to be the worst sort of crime anyone can ever commit. when you steal my psp or something, it's just stealing one of my toys but when you steal someone's equipment, that's just fuckin with my emotions right there.
ABM 8:37 PM - 18 July, 2006
yeah don't F with my emotions man.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 8:47 PM - 18 July, 2006
would u still press charges if he came back to you clean
D-Twizzle 8:51 PM - 18 July, 2006
Quote:
What is truly sad is that this person is a parent... what a positive role-model for his child.

He can't be much of a role model to the baby if he's in jail the next couple years for fraud and theft.
DJMark 1:50 AM - 19 July, 2006
If you haven't thought of this already, you might try calling the Akron police department (non-emergency number) and doing a report over the phone. It's probably in their jurisdiction, since that was the actual scene of the crime....assuming, as it's looking like as more and more time goes by, it was deliberate fraud/theft.

Amazing that anyone would have the nerve to post pictures of stolen property on their website along with a lot of other highly personal information.

Hope you get it sorted out.
the 45 king 12:31 PM - 19 July, 2006
Wow
Clark @ Breakin-Records.com 3:39 PM - 19 July, 2006
While I understand your pain, I don't think this is the forum for mentioning someone by name. Legally, I'd expect it to be in your best interest to avoid mentioning someone by name, also.

I wouldn't want to do business with someone who would possibly put my name on blast. Imagine if we had a misunderstanding, even if neither one of us faulted each other. That wouldn't be cool for me.
Dj KaGeN 3:48 PM - 19 July, 2006
wouldn't the names be public if this went to trial anyway?
DJC 4:09 PM - 19 July, 2006
Dude i bet he has read this topic and dosnt know what to do if he is smart he will come clean you have enough evidence on this dude to get your money back. Patience young skywalker all will be well again. or the SLL hitman will come and get you!
tig ol' bitties 4:42 PM - 19 July, 2006
DCX dude looks like a poindexter from the pics I see of him.
I dont think he would do shit if you ever showed at this house. If this was me Id go to his house, beat his ass, screw his fiance and steal ALL his shit..
D-Twizzle 5:01 PM - 19 July, 2006
Quote:
I dont think he would do shit if you ever showed at this house. If this was me Id go to his house, beat his ass, screw his fiance and steal ALL his shit..

damn, don't mess with tigs
Niro 5:03 PM - 19 July, 2006
Quote:
While I understand your pain, I don't think this is the forum for mentioning someone by name. Legally, I'd expect it to be in your best interest to avoid mentioning someone by name, also.

I understand your point. But, I've tried contacting the person thru email, private messaging and myspace and no response. I put his info on here hoping someone would know who he is or hopefully alert anyone else doing business with the person not too. I'm also posting on here, because this is where the first of the transactions took place and I'm hoping it is a misunderstanding and it gets resolved here, instead of elsewhere.

I wouldn't want to do business with someone who would possibly put my name on blast. Imagine if we had a misunderstanding, even if neither one of us faulted each other. That wouldn't be cool for me.

If I did business with you and I screwed you over, I would expect that you would put my name and all my info on blast and call me out. I've seen this type of situation on a few scratch forums and putting the persons info definitly helped other people from dealling with the same person. This forum is a communitee, DJ's helping other DJ's. As corny as it may sound I consider all of you guys friends. I've met people on here that have offered me places to stay and vice versa. So, if there's someone ripping people off. Than I would like to know and I'm sure others would appreciate it also.

Like I said, I'm hoping it was a big misunderstanding and it all gets resolved. I'm hoping he's been on vacation or something. Actually I think I've been pretty chill about it, as I know a lot of other people that would have gone crazy by now.

S
tig ol' bitties 5:22 PM - 19 July, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

damn, don't mess with tigs

hahahaha...i was just playing. My company jus gave me this wack bag for "employee appreciation week" so i was kinda fired up..jus beat him and steal his ish..you can leave the fiance out of it.
s42000 6:24 PM - 19 July, 2006
I still cannot believe this ..... dude alrady has the mixer in photos .... shamelessly.
Clark @ Breakin-Records.com 6:30 PM - 19 July, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

I understand your point. But, I've tried contacting the person thru email, private messaging and myspace and no response. I put his info on here hoping someone would know who he is or hopefully alert anyone else doing business with the person not too. I'm also posting on here, because this is where the first of the transactions took place and I'm hoping it is a misunderstanding and it gets resolved here, instead of elsewhere.

If I did business with you and I screwed you over, I would expect that you would put my name and all my info on blast and call me out. I've seen this type of situation on a few scratch forums and putting the persons info definitly helped other people from dealling with the same person. This forum is a communitee, DJ's helping other DJ's. As corny as it may sound I consider all of you guys friends. I've met people on here that have offered me places to stay and vice versa. So, if there's someone ripping people off. Than I would like to know and I'm sure others would appreciate it also.

Like I said, I'm hoping it was a big misunderstanding and it all gets resolved. I'm hoping he's been on vacation or something. Actually I think I've been pretty chill about it, as I know a lot of other people that would have gone crazy by now.

S

It's just not adult nor professional. If it was a misunderstanding, then you could have a serious Slander or Defamation of Character suit before you.

In life, many people don't deal with others who blast their conflicts, regardless if it's true or not.

These forums are submitted to search engines, regardless if anyone feels this is "home" or not. These are publicly viewable forums.

I'm not hating on you or "preaching." This just isn't a good look, regardless if the kat stole your money or not. Believe me--I've had things stolen from me--so I know.
DJ Michael Basic 6:31 PM - 19 July, 2006
Quote:

I for one would be pissed if he didn't say anything. I've been in a similar situation...

I have a Mazda 3, and I've been on teh Mazda 3 forums since I bought the car. One day I came out and my rear tail light was cracked. I went to the forums, and some guy had some LED tail lights to sell me. He was someone who was well known on the forums, so I figured it was cool. As it turns out, during the 2 weeks before I sent him the money order for the tail lights, he had scammed like 6 people, and nobody said anything 'til I spoke up, and finally he got banned from the forum and everyone else was like, yea, he scammed me too. If the first person he scammed had spoken up, we all would have saved some money.

This is a community. A lot of the regulars here trust each other, and I for one would expect to be given a heads up about something like this from my fellow scratchliveians.
GoodVibez 6:35 PM - 19 July, 2006
I live in ohio and have never heard of this cat but if I hear something Ill let you know
Clark @ Breakin-Records.com 6:37 PM - 19 July, 2006
I feel you. But, imagine having a misunderstanding with someone, and they blast you on a popular forum, with your home address. I'm not saying he didn't do it.
DJ Michael Basic 6:39 PM - 19 July, 2006
If it's all a misunderstanding, and he comes clean about it, and both parties apologise, we give respect to both parties for being grown up about things and life moves on.
Clark @ Breakin-Records.com 6:50 PM - 19 July, 2006
That'd be ideal, but the damage would be already done. Remember, we're not the only ones who can read this forum.

I'm done.
s42000 6:56 PM - 19 July, 2006
All thugs need to be exposed. He needs to come here and prove he is not a thug. People are even being nice by claiming "maybe it's just a misunderstanding".

I do not think so. The man has a mixer that he knows very well he has not paid for. What the F is that? Dude needs to come clean.

Misunderstanding my ASS. I have see my fair share of these vile pigs on ebay.
tig ol' bitties 7:06 PM - 19 July, 2006
He is getting married you know he stays on top of his finances, so he knows he has that money in his account and he knows it didnt come out.
Obv the dude hasnt posted on the forum for a reason. Shit he just got a free 56 why would he? I wouldnt. You got his mailing address, and from that you could easily get his phone number give him a ring, try to settle it being civil if he still wants to flaunt it all over his webpage and shit and not address the problem get a crew of dudes wit you and go to his house take back your 56 and enjoy a couple new tables and a laptop...you can sell those to cover your travel expenses!
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 7:16 PM - 19 July, 2006
Quote:
He is getting married you know...

so u know tha part where the rev. asks 'is there anyone who objects to this marriage, please speak up now?'.... thats when u bust down the double doors open with your lappy in hand 'remember me?!!'.

i'm hoping its all a misunderstanding though
tig ol' bitties 7:21 PM - 19 July, 2006
^^ LOL!!!!! yo that would be a pretty crazy wedding story...

Yeah it would be cool if it is, and even if it is dont feel bad about posting this cuz honestly the dude knows he didnt pay for it so he should def come clean if thats the case. To me thats even worse then rippin you off, knowing somethign happened then trying to play it off like he doesnt know...just make sure you keep us updated, maybe the next SSL meetup will be held in OHIO...
DJMark 7:29 PM - 19 July, 2006
There is NO reason someone who obviously got ripped off should suffer in silence (the chances that this is any "misunderstanding" seem pretty slim at this point), and anyone who was afraid I might "call them out" if something shady was pulled is someone I don't need to be dealing with anyway.
s42000 7:51 PM - 19 July, 2006
www.scratchlive.net

"(getting a Rane TTM 56 in a week)" is that in refference to Niro's 56 ?
jizzer 7:53 PM - 19 July, 2006
Yeah it was probably just a misunderstanding and dude was planning on paying next year.
Dj KaGeN 8:00 PM - 19 July, 2006
@Goodvibez is in southern Ohio - so travel time to any part of the state is within 3ish/4 hours... pay him to roll there and knock on the front door.
tig ol' bitties 8:01 PM - 19 July, 2006
Quote:
www.scratchlive.net

"(getting a Rane TTM 56 in a week)" is that in refference to Niro's 56 ?

what a snake...
jizzer 8:12 PM - 19 July, 2006
I was able to get the whole guys life story in a few minutes of snooping...enjoyed his wedding photos. Have you considered calling his parents? You know his real name, his wife's name, his family's name...I'd call the Stow, OH police department if he doesn't pay up.
tig ol' bitties 8:24 PM - 19 July, 2006
thats right DCX be afraid, be very afraid! hahaaha
phil 9:18 PM - 19 July, 2006
Niro:

1. Try to contact him (telephone, MySpace, mail)

2. If he doesn't respond, take legal proceedings... (complaint, legal action)

DON'T waste much time....

Even if it's so seductive to beat the hell out of him, burn his house etc., just take it businesslike and choose the legal process. This seems to be a classic fraud, although pretty stupid executed. If you are really pissed of, tell every club in Ohio that he is a criminal (in case this should turn out as a fraud).
Dj KaGeN 9:21 PM - 19 July, 2006
I'd walk in to a law office and get a little advice..

Anyone who gets some letterhead from a lawyer will come clean right quick.. there is no winning when lawyers get involved...
Dj KaGeN 9:22 PM - 19 July, 2006
do you happen to have the serial number of your mixer and did you register it with Rane?
GoodVibez 10:57 PM - 19 July, 2006
good point you could report it stolen if you have the serial # and give the cops his address.
ejayian 2:03 AM - 20 July, 2006
you pretty much screwed yourself by not following the shipping procedures that paypal set forth, isnt one of there seller protection requirements that you send it with some kind of online tracking receipt such as "delivery confirmation"
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 3:36 PM - 20 July, 2006
Quote:

Yeah it would be cool if it is, and even if it is dont feel bad about posting this cuz honestly the dude knows he didnt pay for it so he should def come clean if thats the case. To me thats even worse then rippin you off, knowing somethign happened then trying to play it off like he doesnt know...just make sure you keep us updated, maybe the next SSL meetup will be held in OHIO...

(from DJ Woody) dump.geenstijl.nl
here's what tha next meet is gonna look like (in Ohio)
rfnunchuks 4:20 PM - 20 July, 2006
did anyone actually read his myspace shit? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA now i don't like him even if he really didn't steal that mixer. that dude is gaaaaaaaaaaaaay. for real though, if you haven't, peep it. it's HI larious
tig ol' bitties 4:27 PM - 20 July, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

(from DJ Woody) dump.geenstijl.nl
here's what tha next meet is gonna look like (in Ohio)

hahaha exactly how it would go down!!
punosion 5:04 PM - 20 July, 2006
Hmm, I wonder if he stole one of those turntables...they don't match:

web.mac.com

What a punk.

So, we know different places where he conducts his business...an Apple store, this Audio Extremes place in OH...
tig ol' bitties 5:08 PM - 20 July, 2006
I had someone check my myspace profile from akron yesterday maybe he didnt like my bang his fiance comment...hahaha
s42000 6:28 PM - 20 July, 2006
Quote:
I had someone check my myspace profile from akron yesterday maybe he didnt like my bang his fiance comment...hahaha

Hide your Sh!t man .... it might just walk off ...
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user 10:10 PM - 20 July, 2006
Chris Hunneyball not is for good customer. is like the pirate for a bad guy. i can help thanks
DJ DCX 11:55 PM - 20 July, 2006
Ok... go on vacation and get owned... thanks all... anyways before you all go fucking crazy get the story straight. It's on it's way to getting resolved and People here at scratchlive.net should pull this thread because it has my address thanks...

Emailed you about it Niros. Get in touch.
DJ DCX 11:56 PM - 20 July, 2006
Thanks all for the shit... nice to know where we all go for help is full off shitbags.
Dj KaGeN 12:01 AM - 21 July, 2006
Every story has 2 sides, care to share your side of the story?
DJ DCX 12:16 AM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
Every story has 2 sides, care to share your side of the story?

Well, first off I didn't even know there was a story...

Today is the first that I have heard of this issue but am already taking measures to correct it.

I guess number one is to say sorry to Niros. I left for vacation last Sunday and we were on a houseboat for a couple of days. No internet...

Another thing that I want to say is... I agree with you all on calling out thieves, I agree. But I'm no thief. Without going into money and bank account calls and paypal calls. All you guys need to know is that the money was deducted from my account.

Another thing...

Niros you WILL get your money. I will do everything I can to get this issue resolved.

Scratchlive moderators. Can you please take my address off the forums.

djHSL 12:29 AM - 21 July, 2006
Let's wait to hear from Niro.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:34 AM - 21 July, 2006
*on tha edge of tha seat, clutching on my extra large bucket of butter drenched popcorn*
DJ Unique 12:36 AM - 21 July, 2006
Interesting.......very interesting.......
DJMark 12:47 AM - 21 July, 2006
Assuming both sides are being truthful here, this may turn into the ultimate "Paypal Sucks!" scenario.

Whatever the case, I must amdit I'm relieved that DJ DCX showed up here and hope everyone gets straightened out. Under the circumstances I agree the address should be blanked, although I would hope the thread is allowed to play out.
ejayian 12:52 AM - 21 July, 2006
woooohooooo this is better than when that little kid was about to attempt to open the locked door on superman returns
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 1:00 AM - 21 July, 2006
yeah, under the circumcision, this thread is indeed one of my top list to take a peek of the unraveling drama... i'm sure it's none of our business, but i look at it as an internal family affair...since we are all Serato brothas/sistas

hope things do work out for both sides & we can move forward.
s42000 1:08 AM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:

hope things do work out for both sides & we can move forward.

That would be quite a relief ... there's too much scaming going on on the internet. This should be our 'safe place'.
DJ Unique 1:19 AM - 21 July, 2006
Yeah...
I would rather like to say that Paypal sucks instead of one of our SSL brothers.
punosion 1:30 AM - 21 July, 2006
DJ DCX, applause for owning-up to the situation and taking care of business. I think the chargeback shadiness is what got people (including myself) a bit riled-up, but I hope everything works out for the both of you.
matt212 1:38 AM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
*on tha edge of tha seat, clutching on my extra large bucket of butter drenched popcorn*

*sits next to Mike, snatches the popcorn and ask, "What did I miss?"*
NotoriousM.I.T. 1:44 AM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
yeah, under the circumcision,

hahahah... was i the only one that caught this?
punosion 1:54 AM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
yeah, under the circumcision,

hahahah... was i the only one that caught this?

LOL, apparently...certainly know I didn't...
DJMark 1:57 AM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
i look at it as an internal family affair...since we are all Serato brothas/sistas

I also look at it as a general deterrent to scam-artists. I could not disagree more with the idea that stuff like this should kept "private" (after, of course, reasonable attempts to resolve it privately), because it's too easy for scam-artists to thrive under a cloak of secrecy. We don't need that crap on the SSL boards, needless to say.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 1:58 AM - 21 July, 2006
**edited first post to remove home address
jizzer 2:03 AM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
Ok... go on vacation and get owned... thanks all... anyways before you all go fucking crazy get the story straight.

We got it. You were on vacation when you friend was stressing about his money. Just pay him and stfu.

Did you tell Niro you were going on vacation?!?! I didn't think so. You're a punk man. - JIZZER
jizzer 2:04 AM - 21 July, 2006
I can't believe you guys are falling for this. Gimme a break. I suppose Niro didn't need the money though huh? Geesh.
matt212 2:14 AM - 21 July, 2006
This just keeps getting better.
jizzer 2:16 AM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
It's on it's way to getting resolved ...

So it's not yet resolved? But don't you have a mixer?

Quote:
Today is the first that I have heard of this issue but am already taking measures to correct it.

I don't believe that.

Quote:
Without going into money and bank account calls and paypal calls. All you guys need to know is that the money was deducted from my account.

Why not 'go into it'? I think it would help explain yourself.

Quote:
All you guys need to know is that the money was deducted from my account.

Who cares about your money?? Does Niro have HIS money?
jizzer 2:18 AM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
This just keeps getting better.

naw I'm done. Dude should be glad he didn't buy that mixer from me. And he needs to apologize with no lame excuses.
rfnunchuks 2:28 AM - 21 July, 2006
i've used paypal since the beginning of time and i've never had a problem. the only time was when this nigerian dude kept trying to make me send him my ipod through some shady ass address that wasn't registered through paypal. in MY case, paypal actually sent me an email saying that something wasn't right and i shouldn't go through the transaction until i investigated further. millions upon millions of people use paypal for one reason or the other and i've NEVER heard of a chargeback by accident. plus i'm a cynical asshole by nature and you're guilty until proven innocent. oh shit i forgot, i really don't give a fuck anymore.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 2:29 AM - 21 July, 2006
Jerry!, Jerry!, Jerry!...
... i mean, Jizzer, Jizzer,

this is not Jenny Craig!
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 2:30 AM - 21 July, 2006
take that test to find out who's tha real father :)
jizzer 2:31 AM - 21 July, 2006
^^ haha or Jenny Jones:)
Julls 2:33 AM - 21 July, 2006
Or Montell, Riki Lake, Phil Donhue, any other ones? I'm trying to remember.
matt212 2:35 AM - 21 July, 2006
Original Oprah was like Jerry Springer.
rfnunchuks 2:35 AM - 21 July, 2006
also, aren't you a dj? you don't gots a sidekick to check yo email?? tsk tsk.
matt212 2:37 AM - 21 July, 2006
You're right rfnunchuks, back to the topic at hand. *Grabs some more popcorn*
DJ DCX 2:47 AM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Ok... go on vacation and get owned... thanks all... anyways before you all go fucking crazy get the story straight.

We got it. You were on vacation when you friend was stressing about his money. Just pay him and stfu.

Did you tell Niro you were going on vacation?!?! I didn't think so. You're a punk man. - JIZZER

Didn't know that I needed to check up with Niro to go on vacation... are you kidding me... You're just being f-ing dumb. Not like I knew what went down... I only know Niro through this forum...
DJ DCX 2:48 AM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:

Why would I get someone else to check my mail? It's not like I run a DJ business. Just me doing what I love to do just like most of you guys.
DJ DCX 2:49 AM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
take that test to find out who's tha real father :)

Haha... funny...
DJ DCX 2:53 AM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
i've used paypal since the beginning of time and i've never had a problem. the only time was when this nigerian dude kept trying to make me send him my ipod through some shady ass address that wasn't registered through paypal. in MY case, paypal actually sent me an email saying that something wasn't right and i shouldn't go through the transaction until i investigated further. millions upon millions of people use paypal for one reason or the other and i've NEVER heard of a chargeback by accident. plus i'm a cynical asshole by nature and you're guilty until proven innocent. oh shit i forgot, i really don't give a fuck anymore.

I've had more issues with paypal than I've had with any other online service... *Not an excuse*
rfnunchuks 2:56 AM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

Why would I get someone else to check my mail? It's not like I run a DJ business. Just me doing what I love to do just like most of you guys.

haha ok, all is forgiven by me cause for some reason, i find this maaad funny. just so you know, i meant sidekick II, you know, the pda phone that EVERY dj in the world seems to have including myself.
rfnunchuks 2:58 AM - 21 July, 2006
hahahahahah i'm still laughing. i wasn't talking about someone like sideshow mel. ahh man, now i can go out and drink.
DJ DCX 2:59 AM - 21 July, 2006
^^ Oh... lol... na, as most of you know I don't even have a cell anymore because it got turned off.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 3:15 AM - 21 July, 2006
yo DCX, i forgot your having a kid soon (best of luck and safe delivery for your wife & upcoming newborn)....
DJ DCX 3:26 AM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
yo DCX, i forgot your having a kid soon (best of luck and safe delivery for your wife & upcoming newborn)....

Thanks man... I appriciate it!
el presidente 3:38 AM - 21 July, 2006
niro, where are you? i still call bullshit until niro says he has the money, plus some additional funds to cover pain + suffering, the added hassle of reconciling his bank account and track down this guy, and overdrawn checks fee. an additional 25% sounds about right. i'm with jizzer on this one, it all sounds way too convenient for dcx (who can't seem to pay a cell phone bill yet spent a few hunderd dollars on a mixer).
djzoo 4:16 AM - 21 July, 2006
sorry......maybe
matt212 8:52 AM - 21 July, 2006
*Climax rising, suspense is killing me.....almost running out of popcorn*
Clark @ Breakin-Records.com 12:39 PM - 21 July, 2006
It really sounds like we DON'T know the details, and people are just egging on confrontation. If it's a pack of lies, then we'll see.

Has anyone ever seen paypalsucks.com ?

I wonder who actually runs that site, and why.

It's sad that I'm sounding like the only voice of balance and reason, and the Serato moderators aren't getting involved. Let me say a curse word, and I'm "BANNED!"

SERATO MODERATORS: Why are you seemingly selective and unbalanced in your banning and "discipline" procedures?
MusicMeister 1:29 PM - 21 July, 2006
Clark (and others): Not in defense of DCX, but I've had numerous problems with PayPal in the past. I still have a PayPal account, but my problems all started shortly after eBay took them over. Before that I had no problems at all.

That's why I know send US Money Orders for my payments and I use International Money Orders for International payments if I can't use a CC directly. I send them by priority mail or express mail w/ delivery confirmation. Since going to this process I've had NO problems at all other than the occasional auction I don't bid on because they ONLY take Paypal.

In the end I hope DCX and Niro get this resolved.... If you've never had a problem with Paypal, give DCX 3-4 days and he should have it resolved.
Clark @ Breakin-Records.com 2:01 PM - 21 July, 2006
MusicMeister: have you read all my posts, or am I misunderstanding you? I may be the only one who's posted who hasn't attacked DCX. I've said that we should wait, and this may not be the correct forum for this, anyway.

I'm not re-stating the point--just possibly defending myself.
Dj Dub$ack 2:12 PM - 21 July, 2006
rfnunchucks....what the fuck....you openly admitted in this forum that you would snitch on somebody you sometimes call a friend for $50....

ummm, i dont think i need to say anything else...thats fucking pathetic!!!!

STOP SNITCHIN
nik39 2:16 PM - 21 July, 2006
Clark, I dont understand your "banning" comment, but you were on point when you said

Quote:
It's just not adult nor professional. If it was a misunderstanding, then you could have a serious Slander or Defamation of Character suit before you.
Clark @ Breakin-Records.com 2:36 PM - 21 July, 2006
nik39: I feel as if I'm walking the "straight and narrow" when you agree w/ me. [LOL!]
nik39 2:41 PM - 21 July, 2006
Haha.
Niro 3:45 PM - 21 July, 2006
Holy crap just got to work and 50 new replies.

DCX, I did recieve you email and thank you for responding.

Thank your Sam for clearing his info until this situation gets resolved.

Like I've stated in most of my post above, I hope this is some sort of mistake and can all be resolved and hopefully no one gets ripped off here again, because they know what happens. Also stated above, I personally talked to Chris before hand and he seemed like a good guy and I hope he is.

Am I sorry for posting this, yes and no. Yes, only if it was a mistake. No, because all of the evidence was in my favor, tried calling, but the number on his paypal was not in service anymore, tried reaching him thru the forum and his email, no reply and also paypal saying that Chris made a claim for the chargeback didn't help either (if it walks like a chicken, talks like a chicken...you know the rest.) Did this post help the situation maybe, maybe not. I posted, because I know how connected most forums are and also the vast area it covers. If someone ripped someone off on the board across the country and happened to live in Seattle, you me and a few others would be on it.

I posted his info, because I've been on other forums where people have been ripped off by the same guy posting under different names and he wasn't caught until someone posted his info. It also brought the dude out from hiding, because so many people where after him for it. I remember when someone on here was using other people's mixes as his on and he was called out.

Quote:

Than, I would counter suit it with emotional distress.

Thank you for the support from everyone on this forum and hopefully it all works out. I will post a response as soon as everything is handled. So, please give DCX a break.

Thank you
Niros
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 3:57 PM - 21 July, 2006
ok ladies, nothing to see here..... move along, move along.

hey you! what did i just say?....lay down that pitchfork and shovel.

(*looks around* ....hey, who ate all my popcorn?!!)
punosion 4:05 PM - 21 July, 2006
Aww, shenannigans are off?

/hides empty popcorn bucket behind seat...
DJUnknown 4:09 PM - 21 July, 2006
^^^Call me the watcher^^^, but really when you post something like "DJ DCX Ripped me Off Need some help from you guys" this is what happens, DJ DCX reputation gets tarnished regardless of the outcome. Generally, someone is not going to rip you off and tell you he actually got the merchandise and have pictures posted of the item on his website. Not say he's totally innocent (it may have been a case of the funds not being readily available) but that's for you to decide and a matter between you and him.
Niro 4:25 PM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
^^^Call me the watcher^^^, but really when you post something like "DJ DCX Ripped me Off Need some help from you guys" this is what happens, DJ DCX reputation gets tarnished regardless of the outcome. Generally, someone is not going to rip you off and tell you he actually got the merchandise and have pictures posted of the item on his website. Not say he's totally innocent (it may have been a case of the funds not being readily available) but that's for you to decide and a matter between you and him.

You probably didn't see the post where it said "DJ DCX check you private message" How do you get someones attention? I was also dealing with a time issue on trying to resolve the situation, I won't get further into it. I was also pretty heated after talking to paypal and everything else that had happened. To top it off, paypal even charged me a fee for the backcharge. I felt I had to rally up the troops, I admit there are probably some better ways of dealling with the issue, but there are also some worst ways I could have dealt with it.

S
s42000 4:28 PM - 21 July, 2006
In Niro's defence,

If you had 'sold' your precious 56 to someone online and then there was a chargeback, or some sort of problem with payment you would be ansy as well and would look for help in all possible ways that might help. I do sincerely hope this is just a glitch. Too many bad things are happening on the internet. Human nature has it .. shoot first - ask question later. Need I mention Iraq ?

If Niro received cash and not sent the mixer, and then DCX asking for help here, I bet Niro would have received the same belting until he spoke out on the situation.
el presidente 5:14 PM - 21 July, 2006
i agree with s42000 and niro. the seller did everything he needed to do, and handled his end professionally. the issue all arose from the buyer, whether intentional or not. the burden is on the buyer to rectify the situation. i think niro is definitely in the right here.
rfnunchuks 5:15 PM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
rfnunchucks....what the fuck....you openly admitted in this forum that you would snitch on somebody you sometimes call a friend for $50....

ummm, i dont think i need to say anything else...thats fucking pathetic!!!!

STOP SNITCHIN

hahaha dude this ain't homicide we talking about nor are we discussing hood life. it's MYSPACE and it's an issue concerning a mixer between two suburban kids. and when i say friends, i meant the so called friends on my myspace friends list which aren't really my friends. what's really pathetic is that you're another one of those suburban kids that wear stop snitching shirts like you've ever commited a crime. also the fact that you're one of those dudes that mentions weed in all of your comments on myspace like you're the only one that smokes tells me that you're gay. that's 7th grade playa.
nik39 5:17 PM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
you're one of those dudes that mentions weed in all of your comments on myspace like you're the only one that smokes tells me that you're gay. that's 7th grade playa.

7th grade is trying to diss someone by calling him gay. There aint nothing wrong with being gay.
nik39 5:18 PM - 21 July, 2006
BTW, did you guys read about the big myspace virus? More than 1 million users have been infected. Big number? Did you know myspace has 100millions users?! Wow!
tig ol' bitties 5:19 PM - 21 July, 2006
best thing to take out of this...

buy a sidekick so you can be gotten a hold of my email, aim, text, or calling....
its only 70 a month people!!
Niro 5:20 PM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
i agree with s42000 and niro. the seller did everything he needed to do, and handled his end professionally. the issue all arose from the buyer, whether intentional or not. the burden is on the buyer to rectify the situation. i think niro is definitely in the right here.

Gracias

7th grade was fun, girls were a lot better than.

S
tig ol' bitties 5:20 PM - 21 July, 2006
*by
rfnunchuks 5:23 PM - 21 July, 2006
i'm convinced that the sidekick II was a lovechild between edison and einsteing cause it's the greatest thing i've ever owned since my mpc.
tig ol' bitties 5:25 PM - 21 July, 2006
nah man, sidekick 3 is where its at...lot smaller and jus looks nicer..my girl got the 2 it looks like a 1980's robot compared to the 3 LOL!
rfnunchuks 5:29 PM - 21 July, 2006
i'ma pick that up as soon as tmobile gives me a trade in deal when my contract ends. for now, i'm happy with my II
tig ol' bitties 5:34 PM - 21 July, 2006
nah i think you can upgrade and jus extend it..
tig ol' bitties 5:34 PM - 21 July, 2006
i know a bunch of peeps who did that...
DJUnknown 5:44 PM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
If Niro received cash and not sent the mixer, and then DCX asking for help here, I bet Niro would have received the same belting until he spoke out on the situation.

If you notice, the DCX's post asking for help was posted before the rest of the posts.
s42000 6:24 PM - 21 July, 2006
^^ The help being reffered to here is 'help if mixer was not sent' and not in refference to the agent situation.
Dj Dub$ack 6:39 PM - 21 July, 2006
umm...rfnunchucks...im glad you know so much about my life...im not bragging, but i have been in way more trouble than id care to share...i dont wear stop snitching shirts...i just know that regardless of what a person does or how cool you are with them that snitchin is a bitch move...and you have shown your true colors...

like i said earlier...not much else we can say about you...you openly admitted that $50 is worth snitching on someone for...friend or not...thats some dirt ball shit...
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 6:49 PM - 21 July, 2006
stay on topic everyone !

*guarding over the microwave ... on it's last 59 seconds before the popcorn is cooked*
Dj Dub$ack 6:52 PM - 21 July, 2006
more on the snitch...how did you come up with this all my comments are about weed scenario...i may have mentioned it a time or 2 to some friends...but lets think about this....you would of had to go through my friends list and look at all their comments to try and find something i posted to rag on...or maybe you are talking about comments friends have left me...well then your original statement is ignorant because they aren't my comments...and i can't recall the last time i posted such a comment so you must have really been digging for something...

why do you assume im from the suburbs...because im white...just curious where you are getting this so called information...i have never once lived in the suburbs...

bottom line...snitches aint worth a shit...so you are saying that snitching on myspace is any different than snitching anywhere else???
Niro 7:23 PM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

If you notice, the DCX's post asking for help was posted before the rest of the posts.

What are you talking about?

S
matt212 7:35 PM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
stay on topic everyone !

*guarding over the microwave ... on it's last 59 seconds before the popcorn is cooked*

Man, its 5 seconds between each pop now, take it out before you burn it. This is getting good, right when you thought it was over, here comes more action.
matt212 7:38 PM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
why do you assume im from the suburbs...because im white...quote]

WHAT?!! You're white!

*sits back down in seat*

Best thread ever, two thumbs up!
phil 7:38 PM - 21 July, 2006
"Dude, get some more beer" - *leanback*

btw: glad to see, that this seems to turn out as a chain-reaction of unhappy events...
Dj Dub$ack 8:37 PM - 21 July, 2006
hahaha...yes its true...im a cracker!

Ritz though...i got more flavor than your average saltine!!!
mightyjunebugg 8:50 PM - 21 July, 2006
wait...so did Niro get his money yet or not?
Niro 9:04 PM - 21 July, 2006
Alright, let's stay on track. Nothing has been solved yet, I will post when it does.

Thanks
S
rfnunchuks 10:09 PM - 21 July, 2006
easy there nutsack. i didn't know if you're white or not cause your pics on myspace were fucked up when i first checked. i just assumed you're a suburban kid because only suburban kids would be so gung ho about this stop snitching shit. if you were a real thug, you'd be out there gettin cash. yeah i agree that you shouldn't snitch on your boys but i really don't give a fuck about snitching on some punk ass kid that stole someone else's musical equipment cause that's fucked up. if you don't like the way i roll then fuck off. yeah i guess i have shown my true colors - i'm not some thug wanna be who lives by some unwritten, arbitrary code. oh and when i say comments, what i mean is that you reference weed everywhere on your myspace page like a badge of honor. lemme stop before i get personal.
Clark @ Breakin-Records.com 10:12 PM - 21 July, 2006
Yeah, `cuz, suburban kids get money free... when they're 42, from Mommy & Daddy.
Niro 10:42 PM - 21 July, 2006
Let's stay on topic here, who cares who's who or where everyone is from. We're all a bunch of DJ nerds, that's why we're on this board.

S
punosion 10:50 PM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
yeah i agree that you shouldn't snitch on your boys but i really don't give a fuck about snitching on some punk ass kid that stole someone else's musical equipment cause that's fucked up.

This is what I don't get. If someone fucks you over, you're just supposed to let it slide because "snitches aint worth a shit?" What about the thief in the first place?

(Not calling DCX out anymore, just saying in general terms.)
DJUnknown 10:53 PM - 21 July, 2006
Quote:
^^ The help being reffered to here is 'help if mixer was not sent' and not in refference to the agent situation.

Oh okay, sorry I misunderstood.
Dj Dub$ack 3:49 AM - 22 July, 2006
once again...not sure where you are getting your info from...there isnt weed all over my myspace..and why are you even going to my myspace page and coming here to comment on it...i saw your snitch comment here and commented right here...not even sure how myspace came into the picture of you talkin shit...sounds to me like you aint got shit better to do...and for the record..anyways...pretty fuckin lame still if you ask me...find other means of repayment besides snitching...and not once did i say im a thug...you are coming up with this random nonsense and running with it....but fuck it...you're right...i am a thug
True
Hero
Under
God!!!

i can stand firm on the statement that i haven't ever snitched on anyone and wont...not even for 50 whole dollars!!!
djskeetz 4:13 AM - 22 July, 2006
snitches = bitches = buried in ditches. lol.
Detroitbootybass 4:17 AM - 22 July, 2006
Quote:
once again...not sure where you are getting your info from...there isnt weed all over my myspace..and why are you even going to my myspace page and coming here to comment on it...i saw your snitch comment here and commented right here...not even sure how myspace came into the picture of you talkin shit...sounds to me like you aint got shit better to do...and for the record..anyways...pretty fuckin lame still if you ask me...find other means of repayment besides snitching...and not once did i say im a thug...you are coming up with this random nonsense and running with it....but fuck it...you're right...i am a thug
True
Hero
Under
God!!!

i can stand firm on the statement that i haven't ever snitched on anyone and wont...not even for 50 whole dollars!!!

You sound like you are in high school...
MusicMeister 4:25 AM - 22 July, 2006
Quote:
MusicMeister: have you read all my posts, or am I misunderstanding you? I may be the only one who's posted who hasn't attacked DCX. I've said that we should wait, and this may not be the correct forum for this, anyway.

I was reiterating regarding the possibility of problems with PayPal. Reading it later it might not have been as clear as I would have liked... but I usually post late at night when I'm about to pass out from working all day...
MusicMeister 4:26 AM - 22 July, 2006
Or early in the morning - sometimes before I get a chance to get some coffee...
Dj Dub$ack 5:01 AM - 22 July, 2006
detroit booty bass, not sure why you jumpin in, but i aint in high school...im making a very simple point that i thought was a general rule of thumb for every decent person...dont snitch...even as a little kid parents teach their kids that nobody likes a "tattle tale"...

thank you dj skeetz...i dont see whats so hard to comprehend with these people...you just dont snitch on people...friend or not...age is also irrelevant...plain and simple...snitching is some dirty shit...

only reason this is still going on is because after i said something about snitching being some dirt ball shit...which it is...rfndumbfuck started making shit up about me being from the suburbs and being a wanna be thug or some shit...basically just reaching for anything she can think of to turn attention away from being a snitch...even going as far as finding me on myspace...going through my friends comments, and trying to find something about me to diss on...still...the only thing i have to say about the situation is the same thing that started it...nobody likes a snitch!!!
djzoo 5:52 AM - 22 July, 2006
*excuse me...comming back from bathroom...squeezing through the aisle...whispering (but not really) what did i miss*
DJ Stuart (AR) 6:03 AM - 22 July, 2006
Blah, blah, blah....it's over.

www.djstuart.com.ar
Clark @ Breakin-Records.com 6:05 AM - 22 July, 2006
Okay, we know "The Code of the Streets." Please move on. Mr. Sack--you retain your Colorado ghetto pass. We think you're hard now, because you've proven what a forum thug you are.

Don't respond to my smart comments, and tell everyone what a non-smoking jerk I am. Please, let's stay on topic.
Clark @ Breakin-Records.com 6:07 AM - 22 July, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

I was reiterating regarding the possibility of problems with PayPal. Reading it later it might not have been as clear as I would have liked... but I usually post late at night when I'm about to pass out from working all day...

MusicMeiser: Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't being a forum hater on you. I just wasn't sure what you meant. I too tend to type here when I'm silly tired.
DJMark 6:18 AM - 22 July, 2006
Quote:
you just dont snitch on people...friend or not...age is also irrelevant...plain and simple...snitching is some dirty shit......nobody likes a snitch!!!

You seem exceptionally passionate about this issue, so it has me curious:

If your home got broken into, all your posessions stolen, the place otherwise trashed, and your mother raped and murdered by the perpetrators...you wouldn't call the police?
Dj-Pyro 10:21 AM - 22 July, 2006
lol, you guys are working this thread
Dj Dub$ack 6:37 PM - 22 July, 2006
Dj Mark, you are carrying it to far, but let me comment on that...

if all that happened and you have no idea who did it, of course you call the police...and thats not snitching...because who are you snitching on...nobody...you don't even know who did it..the police will come out and fingerprint and try and solve the case of your mothers death and wouldn't give a shit about your house and possesions...

now on the other hand...if i knew for a fact who did it...i would be looking at other means of repayment...a jail sentence wouldn't be satisfactory for me if i had a positive ID on someone that killed my mother...before anyone reads to far into it and says i think im being a bad ass...im really not...but im sorry, if someone i knew killed my mom it would definately be an eye for an eye situation...

now lets say you do know who it is and decide to snitch...call the police and say..joe blow broke in and killed my mom...they arrest joe blow...joe blow gets a good lawyer and gets off scott free due to some legal glitch...missing evidence...good cover up story...or say he gets charged but his lawyer works out a deal where he has the potential for a parole releasing...now you are stuck...you aren't going to be satisfied with those results...you will live the rest of your life in anger, and on top of that, you can't do nothing to joe blow, because if anything happens to joe blow, you are going to be the number 1 suspect...

and finally i am extremely passionate about snitches...i have been in some serious trouble over somebody who didn't know how to keep their mouth shut...trouble that included a short stay at the harris county jail and a year and a half back and forth to court to fight it...

so in conclusion...i still stand firm...nobody likes a snitch...now can we drop it...im not going to change my mind on this issue so this is just going to be a back and forth battle forever...hopefully my explanation above broke it down for you...
Clark @ Breakin-Records.com 8:13 PM - 22 July, 2006
Quote:
now lets say you do know who it is and decide to snitch...call the police and say..joe blow broke in and killed my mom...they arrest joe blow...joe blow gets a good lawyer and gets off scott free due to some legal glitch...missing evidence...good cover up story...or say he gets charged but his lawyer works out a deal where he has the potential for a parole releasing...now you are stuck...you aren't going to be satisfied with those results...you will live the rest of your life in anger, and on top of that, you can't do nothing to joe blow, because if anything happens to joe blow, you are going to be the number 1 suspect...

Somebody, in addition to his "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" viewing, watches too much other TV.
Detroitbootybass 8:32 PM - 22 July, 2006
Ok class, what have we learned?

Vigilante killing is a-ok, but telling the truth to law enforcement is bad.
Dj Dub$ack 8:58 PM - 22 July, 2006
clark...i dont even know what that show is...but now we know what sort of stuff you are into...

i have just concluded its a lot of trash ass snitch type people in here...i guess i better watch what i say from now on...

and yes Detroitbootybass...anybody not willing to go the distance for their own mother is a piece of shit!!!!

write back all yall want, im unsubscribing to this post because yall are fucking ridiculous
DJMark 9:13 PM - 22 July, 2006
I guess it comes down to a personal choice between living like an animal or a civilized human being. Seems like some, for whatever reason, prefer the former.

The "don't snitch" mentality reads here like self-interest at the expense of the rest of society...especially when it's because "i have been in some serious trouble over somebody who didn't know how to keep their mouth shut...trouble that included a short stay at the harris county jail".
rfnunchuks 10:41 PM - 22 July, 2006
Quote:
d...even as a little kid parents teach their kids that nobody likes a "tattle tale"...

...nobody likes a snitch!!!

yep, that's what you tell LITTLE KIDS because they don't have a firm grasp on reality yet. these are also the same parents who tell their kids to tell them the truth if "tattling" will make someone else not hurt. we're adults now and we know that the world is not black and white and i refuse to live by some dumb ass rule that the criminals have made up. i've gotten my shit stolen before and not once did i think that the so call snitch is the bad person.. why should the person doing the right thing feel bad for the true assholes that steal other people's hard earned possesions (especially musical equipment because they resemble our passion). don't be so higher than thou with this shit cause for someone who claims that they're so tight lipped, you're blabbing all your biz about your jail stay and other shit on a forum. i'm done too. no more about this subject.
LN 12:33 AM - 23 July, 2006
So... just spent an hour or so reading the lives, loves and snitching preferences of Serato posters, and I have just one final question...

Did the dude get his coin for the mixer or not?! :)
jizzer 2:06 AM - 23 July, 2006
Not yet. We're still waiting.
jizzer 2:08 AM - 23 July, 2006
Quote:
Alright, let's stay on track. Nothing has been solved yet, I will post when it does.

Thanks
S
DJ Stuart (AR) 11:39 AM - 23 July, 2006
oh, god....its endless.

www.djstuart.com.ar
matt212 4:50 PM - 23 July, 2006
Is this the intermission or what?
djgrandpa 7:11 AM - 24 July, 2006
We need Judge Judy?
phil 7:21 AM - 24 July, 2006
Quote:
Judge Judy?
sounds like a chimp
djskeetz 8:42 AM - 24 July, 2006
ooh ahh aah aah
phil 9:40 AM - 24 July, 2006
Quote:
ooh ahh aah aah
exactly, judy, exactly
djsince74 10:25 AM - 24 July, 2006
This thread doesn't show some Serato Users in a good light. Swearing, threats of violence/rape, even if 'joking' are not appropriate.

Some of the comments on here should have been removed by moderators a long time ago.
jizzer 11:30 AM - 24 July, 2006
Quote:
This thread doesn't show some Serato Users in a good light. Swearing, threats of violence/rape, even if 'joking' are not appropriate.

Swearing?? What are we 12 yrs. old again here? If you can't handle the thread, move on. the subject is a bit more serious than 'inappropriate jokes'. I'm pretty sure the Rane people have better things to do anyway.
djskeetz 11:54 AM - 24 July, 2006
fuuuukkkkkkkk
djsince74 12:26 PM - 24 July, 2006
@ Jizzer

How would you feel if your address had been put on here and guys were getting overheated before you had a chance to respond? We are not judge and jury. This guy might have been in the wrong, but he should have a chance to explain it and put it right if it was a genuine mistake. If not he should be made to put it right.

I'm talking about the post by DJ Sarcastic earlier. That post should have been taken off.

As Clark@Breakinrecords wrote earlier in this thread "It's sad that I'm sounding like the only voice of balance and reason, and the Serato moderators aren't getting involved. Let me say a curse word, and I'm "BANNED

SERATO MODERATORS: Why are you seemingly selective and unbalanced in your banning and "discipline" procedures? "

Hope you get your money Niro
jizzer 12:34 PM - 24 July, 2006
Quote:
I'm talking about the post by DJ Sarcastic earlier. That post should have been taken off.

DJ Sarcastic is the alias of a troll that gets banned weekly around here. You're new here so you didn't know that. None of us support anything he ever says.

But...feel free to join Clark in the 'voice of reason' camp. I, for one, completely disagree with your reasoning, as well as your feeling about internet etiquette. Yes, there are things that cross the line. But I haven't seen any of them in this thread. I think you have thin skin. The moderators (of any forum) NEVER have time to 'discipline' everyone for swearing of all things. Maybe I've just been in enough forums to notice that.
jizzer 12:40 PM - 24 July, 2006
btw, I wouldn't buy a mixer from someone on a forum, get the mixer and initiate a chargeback, go on vacation, and NOT expect for that forum member to put me on blast in front of everybody. What do you think...just cuz his address is posted, we're going to go kill him? I think that says more about you than us!;-)
Clark @ Breakin-Records.com 12:41 PM - 24 July, 2006
I think you misunderstood me.
djsince74 1:43 PM - 24 July, 2006
Sorry if I misunderstood you Clark.
Niro 3:32 PM - 24 July, 2006
Thank You everyone for responding, but if I could ask everyone to stop replying to this post while things are being sorted out. This thread is getting out of hand and off topic.

Again Thank you and if we could move the topics stemmed from here to a new thread, that would be great. I will post the outcome after it is settled. Until than please close this thread.

Thanks
S
punosion 3:41 PM - 24 July, 2006
I agree; lock this bitch down.
Clark @ Breakin-Records.com 3:46 PM - 24 July, 2006
You silly people. Now, I make sense.

So I AM your DADDY, now, huh?!!

SAY IT!!
rfnunchuks 3:49 PM - 24 July, 2006
mommy?
punosion 3:52 PM - 24 July, 2006
...Frankie...fuuuuuck...
Clark @ Breakin-Records.com 3:57 PM - 24 July, 2006
Quote:
mommy?

No wonder you have gender confusion... if your mother had what I have. [LOL!]
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user 1:16 AM - 28 July, 2006
so did a moneys get to you back ok?
ejayian 7:44 AM - 30 July, 2006
did ya? did ya?
HMMN?
DID YA?
matt212 8:07 AM - 30 July, 2006
What time does the second part start?
ejayian 8:13 AM - 30 July, 2006
I dont know but whos got the popcorn?
Clark @ Breakin-Records.com 3:51 PM - 30 July, 2006
Where's MY $$$?
DJ Stuart (AR) 9:06 PM - 31 July, 2006
Oh...IT IS endless.

www.djstuart.com.ar
Clark @ Breakin-Records.com 11:34 PM - 31 July, 2006
Stuart, now Mommy wants you to be a good, boy, like we talked about, mm-kay?
ejayian 2:35 AM - 1 August, 2006
Yo niro you got to at least update us weekly....come on now you cant come in here saying help me get my mula back & not let us know whats going on.......
Niro 3:28 AM - 1 August, 2006
Things are still being worked out, as soon as the cheese is in my hand, I will give a full detailed account.

S
DJ DCX 2:28 PM - 1 August, 2006
He has his $$$
mightyjunebugg 5:46 PM - 1 August, 2006
so what was the mix up? Who was at fault?
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 7:16 PM - 1 August, 2006
we're like a bunch of hens crowding in the coup,

court is now in session! every take your seats....quiet please....quiet in tha back row pleeeeease!
phil 7:20 PM - 1 August, 2006
Objection ! Overruled ! Damn !
matt212 8:10 PM - 1 August, 2006
Where, where he at? Man....that's not Matlock, that's Andy Griffith.
birdbrain 9:06 PM - 1 August, 2006
Quote:
so what was the mix up? Who was at fault?

i really want to know why paypal took the $ back without warning.
double B 10:14 PM - 1 August, 2006
I doubt they pull back money for no reason. Either there was some kind of Financial problem OR hes just a thueif
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user 9:20 PM - 2 August, 2006
my pal won't pay me too
ejayian 10:01 AM - 7 August, 2006
I want my money back, the climax to this movie happend a long time ago but now my popcorns all gone & it doesnt seem like this movie has an ending.....
djxatl 9:11 PM - 13 August, 2006
heres the update: no one knows still
ejayian 11:13 PM - 13 August, 2006
Quote:
heres the update: no one knows still

LoL, thats funny, i was thinking wow this thread finaly came up, Niro must have gotten his money!
Niro 11:47 PM - 13 August, 2006
Alright, he's the status: I've gotten nothing yet, we're still waiting. This time it might be up to the credit card company, because it was a dispute. We'll see, I'm trying to be cool about it and not post until everything is settled.

S
s42000 6:02 PM - 25 August, 2006
What the heck is going on here ?
birdbrain 6:05 PM - 25 August, 2006
almost 2 weeks with no update? the forums needs it's drama, Niro.
ejayian 12:27 PM - 26 August, 2006
Damn the 2 of you, I had pretty much all but forgotten about this thread.

Whats the deal? Y would there be a credit card dispute?

Aw screw it, well probably never know
Niro 5:54 PM - 26 August, 2006
We're still waiting, since there's a case on it, it may take a awhile. I'll keep you guys in the loop.

Thanks
S
FS2-4salePM @ soon-2-be-ex-FSuser 6:39 PM - 30 August, 2006
email me the looop tooo
double B 11:23 PM - 30 August, 2006
where are you from FS2-4salePM @ soon-2-be-ex-FSuser
s42000 6:00 PM - 11 October, 2006
Quote:
We're still waiting, since there's a case on it, it may take a awhile. I'll keep you guys in the loop.

Thanks
S

Did this ever get resolved ?
DJ Uncle Needle Drop 6:09 PM - 11 October, 2006
Man, I would hope so by now! That's messed up if it hasn't been resolved.
DJ Uncle Needle Drop 6:19 PM - 11 October, 2006
I see that DJ DXC has taken down his link to his myspace account.
Niro 12:19 AM - 12 October, 2006
OK, I just got an email last week, saying the dispute was in my favor and I received the money (it put my paypal balance back, minus the $10 they took out for the transaction.) So, yes it has been resolved. I recieved the email on 10/02 and it happened around July, I'm just glad it's over. No other details were given except that the dispute was in my favor.

I posted on here because I had no other choice, paypal said they couldn't do anything, but report a dispute to the credit card company. So, I was pretty much f@%ked, unless I wanted to file a criminal charge, which I didn't. So, I tried to resolve it here and keep it out of the law, since someone knows someone here. I compiled all of the evidence and sent a report to paypal.

IMO: I believe it was a mishap somehow, like I said earlier, DXC seemed like a nice guy when I talked to him over the phone. Just all of the circumstances (disconnected phone, vacation...) were against him at the time of the incident, that why I had to do what I did. I'd like to say "Sorry" to DXC, because it was probably a paypal or credit card mistake. But, I still had to do what I had to do.

Hopefully this thread helped detour anyone thinking of ripping anyone off. It's a small community and someone's bound to know someone. There's enough crap going on right now and I still believe as a collective group of people into the same hobby, that we can rely on each other when in need.

Thank you to everyone.
Niros
DJMark 12:58 AM - 12 October, 2006
I've never had a very high opinion of using Paypal for transactions, and this whole episode certainly reinforces that. Glad to hear you got (most of) your money back, anyway.
s42000 1:30 AM - 12 October, 2006
Nice to hear that.
andrew b 2:23 AM - 12 October, 2006
your proof is the picture, save it print it out and email paypal. saying that's it. and you have a picture on myspace. what an idiot
D-Twizzle 4:49 AM - 12 October, 2006
Good to hear everything turned out okay. Too bad it took 4 months, but at least you have your money now.
double B 5:14 AM - 12 October, 2006
now that you have your money, wanna give me some =]
Niro 3:31 PM - 12 October, 2006
Quote:
now that you have your money, wanna give me some =]

If you'd like some, I need you to send me $50 in cash to pay for overnight delivery. Haha

S
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user 12:04 AM - 11 August, 2007
is a Noris ok for it?
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 8:31 PM - 16 November, 2007
i think this is why we can sell stuff here
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:10 PM - 16 November, 2007
whoops, i meant to say i think this is why we "can't" sell stuff here