DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Hooking 2 wireless mics to Rane TTM57SL

Vegeta05 5:49 AM - 22 August, 2009
Hi,

i borrowered 2 wireless mics for my gig tomrorow.
(both are pg24/pg58)

I have a rane ttm57sl mixer.
it has a main right and left, which i connect my 2 speakers to.

the 2 wireless mics, of course each comes with its own receiver, and when i opened the box, it came with two mic cables for balanced out slot, on the back of the receiver.
but the other end of the receiver is hooked to where?

any idea how i can hook this up ?

i'm usually use to a mic output 1/4inch slot whatever and have the receiver plugged into there with 2 wireless mics.

but these shure receivers are xlr.

help

thanks a lot!
Dj Ace 4:14 AM - 24 August, 2009
you need to use something like this...
www.mackie.com
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:53 PM - 24 August, 2009
Do the receivers have a line out and a mic level output option?

If so, connect the line level output option to the AUX input of the TTM 57SL and connect the mic level output option to the mic input of the TTM 57SL :)
DJTru 8:56 AM - 28 August, 2009
here is what u need.... you need 2 xlr to 1/4 inch cables.... the xlr end goes plugged in to the back of the pg24 mic recevers. the 1/4 inch ends go plugged in to this..

www.cnaweb.com

you can buy these at radio shack for like 10 bucks...

its a 2 female 1/4 inch to 1 male 1/4 inch adapter

then plug that into your mic input on your 57..

works like a charm...

Quote:
Hi,

(both are pg24/pg58)

the 2 wireless mics, of course each comes with its own receiver, and when i opened the box, it came with two mic cables for balanced out slot, on the back of the receiver.

i'm usually use to a mic output 1/4inch slot whatever and have the receiver plugged into there with 2 wireless mics.

help

thanks a lot!
DJTru 9:25 AM - 28 August, 2009
my badd... or if the pg24 has a 1/4 inch out use 2 1/4 inch to 1/4 inch cords

Quote:
here is what u need.... you need 2 xlr to 1/4 inch cables.... the xlr end goes plugged in to the back of the pg24 mic recevers. the 1/4 inch ends go plugged in to this..

www.cnaweb.com

works like a charm...

Quote:
Hi,

(both are pg24/pg58)

help

thanks a lot!
TrademarkEntertainment 11:57 PM - 11 September, 2009
Try a Nady 4 channel Mic mixer. Pssl.com has them for like $30. Not great quality but they definitely work for multiple mics.
DJ DennisJ 8:37 PM - 23 October, 2009
Quote:

www.cnaweb.com

works like a charm...

This does work, but anyone with an electronics background will confirm that this will eventually kill your transmitter. A Y-cable has no direction control (ie. no diode) so the signal from each transmitter will not only go into the mixer, but it will also go into the other transmitter. Since that cable is only designed to send out a signal, not to receive one.. well you can probably see the issue. That's why the mic combining units are made-- They actually combine the inputs without creating a circuit to send output into another box's output circuits.

In my days of audio design, I've seen more than one system slowly die from use of y-cables.
nobspangle 8:06 PM - 25 October, 2009
DJ DennisJ 10:47 PM - 27 October, 2009
Awesome link, nobspangle! I've now got that bookmarked. Thanks!