Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Is there a way to hear audio in SSL without interface?

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Ace0101 10:26 PM - 14 July, 2006
I am trying to get all my crates in SSL in order..my question is - is there a way for me to listen to these tracks without having to load up I-TUNES or hooking up the interface. Basically I like to listen to some tracks so I get a feel for which crate they should be in and I dont feel like sitting in the studio all day with all my turntables , ssll interface etc all hooked up.
nobspangle 10:28 PM - 14 July, 2006
No, the only thing you can do is to play the tracks in your media player.
DJ Unique 10:31 PM - 14 July, 2006
You can hook up interface and use internal mode.
Marqs 9:28 AM - 15 July, 2006
Select track in SSL and hit Ctrl+O (in XP), it loads that track into your default media player. I have WinAmp... it's very fast to check the tunes.

Alternatively, connect the SSL box, but use it in Internal mode and check your tunes in Scratch Live. You don't have to use turntables for that at all. Btw, it's very fast to scan through a track in Internal mode - just hit with mouse into the full waveform of the track you are listening in SSL to listen to other part of a song.

M.
nobspangle 1:06 PM - 15 July, 2006
If you are hooking up the box and using internal mode to check on tracks you can use a 2xRCA to 3.5mm (1/8") stereo jack lead to connect the output from the SL 1 back into your computer soundcard so you can preview through the computer speakers.