DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

THE "ORIGINAL" SPINBAD

T-SWIFT 2:00 AM - 20 August, 2009
Aight... I've been looking for information on the "ORIGINAL SPINBAD" from Philly for a long time and I can only get bits and pieces. I've seen video and he seems to be pretty tight. But, I can't find interviews, websites, beefs... ANYTHING!! Can anybody tell me what the real deal is with the Spinbad from Philly and the one from NY. Any help would be greatly apreciated...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:10 AM - 20 August, 2009
OMG! Yo, I ran across a vid of this guy by accident, and he is ABSOLUTELY NASTY.

Watchwww.youtube.com

And he rocks with both TT's on the LEFT......Like all us greats!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:15 AM - 20 August, 2009
Here's another vid...

djphinesse.com
T-SWIFT 2:42 AM - 20 August, 2009
Yeah... I saw these... that's why i'm askin'. I need some info. Check this out!

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:58 AM - 20 August, 2009
Wow! "Take the Train", my ex-partner from South Jersey put me up on that...

Classic joints....
T-SWIFT 3:22 AM - 20 August, 2009
No doubt! You got any info or can you get any? I can't find a thing.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:59 AM - 20 August, 2009
Quote:

Nah, like I said earlier, I found that by accident. I think I was looking for (NY) Spinbad vids, and ran across it.
DJ Benny B NYC 4:27 PM - 20 August, 2009
i thought the white dj spinbad who is on z100 and made the best of the 80s mix was the same spinbad that was from philly and was one of the first dudes to transform???
DJ GaFFle 5:06 PM - 20 August, 2009
Quote:
i thought the white dj spinbad who is on z100 and made the best of the 80s mix was the same spinbad that was from philly and was one of the first dudes to transform???

Me too. I did think the Z100 Spinbad looked kind of young to have been rolling around Jeff and Cash's era. So he bit his name... tsk tsk. He is dope on mixtapes though.
T-SWIFT 10:45 PM - 20 August, 2009
The Spinbad from NY didn't start DJing 'til after "HE'S THE DJ-I'M THE RAPPER" came out. He said that in an interview. I mean... he's rediculously tight but not the original. I just can't figure out why I can't find any info on the original.
MrMoody 12:33 AM - 21 August, 2009
Quote:

Some info here.... wolo-gwhiz.com
T-SWIFT 3:49 AM - 21 August, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

Some info here.... wolo-gwhiz.com

Thanks... getting closer. I'm hoping to find maybe an interview or something where one is talking about the other just to get a history or some sort of background.
T-SWIFT 12:32 AM - 22 August, 2009
bump
Dj Kenske 10:09 PM - 19 October, 2016
Quote:
Aight... I've been looking for information on the "ORIGINAL SPINBAD" from Philly for a long time and I can only get bits and pieces. I've seen video and he seems to be pretty tight. But, I can't find interviews, websites, beefs... ANYTHING!! Can anybody tell me what the real deal is with the Spinbad from Philly and the one from NY. Any help would be greatly apreciated...

dj kenske out of philadelphia, yeah the original spinbad is from here he's from the german town section of philly, he's put fire to the transformer scratch he does rock both decks on the left. he's also known as one the fastest backspinners and cutters from philly if not the fastest , he is truly one of my all time greats i met him a couple times at the annual dj day here in philly out in the park . i also believe he is part of the mixvillain djs from g-town.