Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Switching between DJs on a livestream set

John Free 4:36 PM - 2 May, 2020
Hello my fellow DJs. I've been scouring the internet for an answer to this question:

How do you switch between DJ's(that are in different locations) during a livestream set? Is there one channel that does it better than others? Has anyone done this?

Thanks!
PaulT99 6:59 PM - 2 May, 2020
Personally not sure on how to do this, but i was watching just this on Thursday night.

MixMash Records did a live stream on Twitch and Youtube and had DJ's from their label doing live mixes on the fly and they were able to switch between each at the handover point.
No idea how they pulled it off, but it was very good indeed.
DJ Unique 3:51 AM - 3 May, 2020
---tracking---
DANGERUST 7:46 AM - 3 May, 2020
Whats your streaming site your using? Twitch you can raid someone when your finishing and all the viewers in your stream will be sent to whatever stream your raiding!

I have streamed on may streaming site for the passed 3-4 years now. I started off on Chew.tv which is no longer. I have also streamed on Periscope, DLive, Twitch, Mixer and more.

The trouble with Twitch is everyone is streaming there so its harder to get a good amount of viewers in one stream.
DJ Tecniq 7:23 PM - 3 May, 2020
I'm old school first started streaming on ustream.tv back in 2015 then it just wasn't popular anymore but copyright I don't recall being much a issue back then.
DJ Unique 12:04 AM - 4 May, 2020
Quote:
I'm old school first started streaming on ustream.tv back in 2015 then it just wasn't popular anymore but copyright I don't recall being much a issue back then.

I remember streaming on Stickam... I think that was around 2009
That was like Twitch + Zoom
DJ Tecniq 12:33 AM - 4 May, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

I got you beat I used to spin in the yahoo messenger chat rooms lolšŸ¤£
DJ Unique 5:24 AM - 4 May, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I got you beat I used to spin in the yahoo messenger chat rooms lolšŸ¤£

LOL
John Free 12:56 AM - 8 May, 2020
thanks guys!

I'm using Zoom+OBS+Twitch.

I definitely wouldn't mind not using Zoom as it adds another element. Thanks for the tip on Twitch raiding Dangerust!