Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

Would like to see in Serato Sample's future..

M4M 7:00 PM - 17 February, 2020
A great program but find it would be nice to have an adjustable GUI..I find it too small in my DAW..just a thought..also, it would be amazing if you can drag the samples from the 32(yes!) buttons directly into the DAW..Thank you Serato!
functionform 12:29 AM - 27 February, 2020
First of all let me say a HUUUGE APOLOGY to Serato. I griped and griped, but you guys came through and updated SS. Thank you so much.

That said, yes please a resizable gui would be great. I keep my 3840 x 2160 res at max and it helps with everything, music, motion graphics, video, 3d modeling, browsing etc. The arturia plugins play really nicely with resizing would love it if you guys could do something similar with resizing. It would really help when dealing with non-normalized samples as well. It takes me out of my flow to have to leave my program just to normalize something because it shows up too small in SS.

Thanks a bunch for releasing this update.
JaeProduced 6:56 PM - 8 May, 2020
Sample Audition needs to be added so you can listen to the samples before you decide on which one you want to use. Basically if I have a folder of samples i'm flying blind until I load each one up which is Time Consuming....
shyheim10 6:57 PM - 27 May, 2020
Would love to see dedicated qlinks for midi control of zoom + Start and End Markers per pad
Rumo76 6:39 PM - 13 June, 2020
Quote:
Sample Audition needs to be added so you can listen to the samples before you decide on which one you want to use. Basically if I have a folder of samples i'm flying blind until I load each one up which is Time Consuming....

Does your DAW not do this? I use FL so for me the browser on the side of my samples does the preview and I can drag it in. The only thing that sucks is drag/drop doesn't work in Mac (which I think is a bug/missing feature in Mac version of FL for all 3rd party plugins, not Serato's fault). I hear what you're saying 100% though, just bc of that I barely us it in Mac or end up going back to windows bc that 'flying blind' thing is such a pain.
JaeProduced 4:30 AM - 14 June, 2020
I use a Macbook Pro 100% of the time with Reason 11 so yeah sample/wav audition would be a great feature...
AKIEM 11:55 PM - 30 June, 2020
Quote:
I use a Macbook Pro 100% of the time with Reason 11 so yeah sample/wav audition would be a great feature...
Nrsey 10:40 AM - 3 August, 2020
I would love to see a 16 pads mode, so I can use Serato sample in mpc software. I know the previous versions had only 16 pads, but I can't load them anymore. I would really to switch between 32 slices and 16.
JaeProduced 3:09 PM - 3 August, 2020
I would like to see a tighter grid that locks in the sample points so they are more precise.
I would like to see global effects on all the sample chops at once.
I would like to see start and end points so I can just loop one section.
I would like to see a normalization function to increase the volume of a sample.
I would like to see automatic key match when using multiple samples in multiple samplers.
dvj sof 7:03 AM - 5 August, 2020
Quote:

If i am not wrong you can as each sample has a deck selection or Master where do you want the sound to come from, say if you playing deck 1, can't you select deck 2 to that sample and listen to it on PFL?
JaeProduced 3:22 PM - 5 August, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

If i am not wrong you can as each sample has a deck selection or Master where do you want the sound to come from, say if you playing deck 1, can't you select deck 2 to that sample and listen to it on PFL?

On a Mac you can audition samples in a folder before you import them into serato sample but not inside of serato sample. A good example would be having a folder full of samples or loops that you could open with serato sample stroll down each sample while it automatically plays. This way you can easily and quickly find the sample/wav/mp3/loop you want to use for that project. And serato sample syncs that sample automatically to the beat while you are auditioning which sample/loop/mp3/wav etc you want to use.