Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Autoplay Lull between songs

J Moak 1:29 AM - 26 January, 2020
I’d like to use autoplay for cocktail hours at weddings and for the 10 minutes I take to eat something but there’s a long pause in between songs and the dead air is miserable. Is there anyway to fix this?
DJ Unique 3:16 AM - 26 January, 2020
There is no fix as this is the manner the software normally behaves.
Posts have been created asking for this but no mention from Serato.
musiclee 6:06 AM - 26 January, 2020
I too would love that
Not to beat Mix for me.
Just to reduce or eliminate gap between “cocktail” calm music.
I don’t think it will ever happen unfortunately
Harlemfire 9:16 AM - 26 January, 2020
Best thing to do is make a pre made set that you can play during those times.
J Moak 12:25 PM - 26 January, 2020
it’s not enough to make me switch software but VDJ has this feature so it can be done.
NukeBox 3:37 PM - 26 January, 2020
Quote:
it’s not enough to make me switch software but VDJ has this feature so it can be done.

And Rekordbox too. Actually kinda amazed that despite some serious demand for this simple feature it's still not implemented. Talk about some unneeded elitism, eh?)
Res-Q 7:07 PM - 26 January, 2020
+1 this suggestion thread > serato.com
577er 4:31 AM - 27 January, 2020
Take whatever background music you want to make seamless and create a script in Audacity that levels all of the music to the same level and removes audio below -50dB. This removes the dead space at the beginning and end of tracks. Then reimport those tracks into a crate or iTunes playlist and auto play becomes seamless. Not mixed but seamless. These are new files so they won’t have cue and loop metadata in them.

You can use Pyro for mixed background music.
musiclee 4:35 AM - 27 January, 2020
Thanks everyone for the “workarounds”
Would be good if SDJ has this feature built in

I used it all the time back in the PCDJ days

And you can’t say “make a mix before”
As a mobile DJ, all my gigs aren’t unique.
I Would love to Be able to load any crate and just automix with no gap
musiclee 4:37 AM - 27 January, 2020
All lunch gigs ARE unique
So need to be able to load any crate and automix without gaps for between sets

Wish forum had an edit button :-)
DJ Unique 4:40 AM - 27 January, 2020
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the “workarounds”
Would be good if SDJ has this feature built in

I used it all the time back in the PCDJ days

And you can’t say “make a mix before”
As a mobile DJ, all my gigs aren’t unique.
I Would love to Be able to load any crate and just automix with no gap

First attempt at computer mixing was with PCDJ.
I do remember being able to determine auto fade in / out time for auto-play Dinner playlists.
People that require this use VDJ.
AKIEM 5:47 PM - 27 January, 2020
3.5mm cable
popnwave 6:50 PM - 27 January, 2020
Quote:
3.5mm cable

Or pay $50 and use Djay Pro and let it plow through a Spotify Playlist (which I opted to do in the end for company parties I always get guilted into doing).
musiclee 7:38 PM - 27 January, 2020
Djap Pro is another workaround
I'd much prefer to use 1 program for everything, but good to have options, i mean work-arounds, LOL
popnwave 8:01 PM - 27 January, 2020
Quote:
Djap Pro is another workaround
I'd much prefer to use 1 program for everything, but good to have options, i mean work-arounds, LOL

I'd rather have single programs do specialized tasks VERY good than have it do a bunch of things half assed.
musiclee 8:28 PM - 27 January, 2020
Pop

Good point. On that
I’ll keep using Djay on iPad. :-)
AKIEM 9:25 PM - 27 January, 2020
assistant
popnwave 10:17 PM - 27 January, 2020
Quote:
assistant

Those cost more per hour :)
musiclee 10:47 PM - 27 January, 2020
It can’t be rocket science to implement
In settings you choose the cross fade Time.
So you can keep as is, so nothing changes for those who don’t need or don’t use it.
Or crossfade 7-10 seconds prior to finishing for those who do.
AKIEM 3:37 AM - 28 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
assistant

Those cost more per hour :)

intern
NukeBox 4:34 AM - 28 January, 2020
Well, btw one of the reasons i got Mixars Primo controller was it's aux channel. Great for cocktail hours stuff) Still i think such a simple feature should be implemented like years ago.
musiclee 4:24 PM - 28 January, 2020
Quote:
Still i think such a simple feature should be implemented like years ago.

Sometimes the simplest, most useful features often get ignored,
and other not so important ones get implemented.

Think about how long it took Apple to finally get copy/paste, attach. etc on iphone, ipad, and it's still far from intuitive (hidden if you ask me)

maybe one day!!!
NukeBox 4:33 PM - 28 January, 2020
Quote:
maybe one day!!!

Well... At this point i do think that Serato should speed up their development process, because Rekordbox IMHO is a worthy contender and have all the chances to seriously push Serato, especially since in RB it doesn't take years to implement features
popnwave 8:05 PM - 28 January, 2020
Quote:
Well... At this point i do think that Serato should speed up their development process, because Rekordbox IMHO is a worthy contender and have all the chances to seriously push Serato, especially since in RB it doesn't take years to implement features

All depends on the user, there's lots of dumb things that RB can't do such as mix audio and video tracks in a playlist.. Serato has handled that for years with no issue.

There is no perfect piece of software, be careful what you ask for because it might not be implemented in the way you find useful. Just look at how the play count function came about..
NukeBox 4:07 AM - 29 January, 2020
Quote:
look at how the play count function came about..

Ouchie... Now that thought makes me feel uncomfortable, i mean if they'll find a way to tie automix to id3tags and make it unswitchable THAT would be the pain.
On a sidenote- isn't VDJ actually dominates in VJing thing? Not my thing, but still curious.
popnwave 3:42 PM - 29 January, 2020
Quote:
Ouchie... Now that thought makes me feel uncomfortable, i mean if they'll find a way to tie automix to id3tags and make it unswitchable THAT would be the pain.
On a sidenote- isn't VDJ actually dominates in VJing thing? Not my thing, but still curious.

On the PC side, yep.. it works much better. On the Mac side SDJ + MixEmergency is still king in my book though.
NukeBox 4:03 PM - 29 January, 2020
Quote:
On the PC side, yep.. it works much better. On the Mac side SDJ + MixEmergency is still king in my book though.

Well, have insufficient knowledge about macs or VJing, let alone VJing on mac. So i'll take your word for it)
dj_soo 5:10 PM - 29 January, 2020
Serato made Pyro which does exactly this. The tech is there, dunno why they don't just toss the Pyro algorithm into Serato.
AKIEM 8:03 PM - 29 January, 2020
Quote:
Serato made Pyro which does exactly this. The tech is there, dunno why they don't just toss the Pyro algorithm into Serato.

20 other features also qualify for said