Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Standalone Serato DJ version for Denon SC6000M

niquid 11:22 AM - 23 January, 2020
Basically the title. I'm looking into buying a new computer, but if the option existed, I'd go computerless in a heartbeat. Since Denon is going in this direction (finally someone) it would be awesome if Serato existed as a controler-integrated software. Engine OS still has many shortcomings compared to Serato (I presume) and I wouldn't want to ditch the Serato eco-system, since I'm in it for the last 14 years.
vboyd666 5:52 PM - 23 January, 2020
Niquid, you are definitely looking to the future. I believe 10-15 years from now all music will be off the laptop and onto a USB stick or internal HDD like Denon or Rekordbox (Pioneer) does now. Like it or not, Pioneer is entrenched with Rekordbox. Denon is with Engine OS. There aren't too many big names left to partner with (Roland, Numark, Rane) none of which have the customer base compared to Pioneer and Denon. Serato needs to hurry up or be left out as these controller manufacturers will look to integrate their controller with software in one unit.

Look how Pioneer shook up the industry as they released the DDJ-1000 to only support Rekordbox. Everyone lost their minds until Pioneer followed it up with the DDJ-1000SRT a long year later!! I believe it won't be long until Pioneer simply just stops supporting Serato in future products. I think they are just waiting for Rekordbox to mature and develop more.
Micke Nordin 4:19 PM - 18 May, 2021
I would love to use serato if i could get my internal hdd to show up in the library. Have almost all my tracks inside my sc6000 players but i cant se them in the serato library.
Dubbylabby 7:37 PM - 18 May, 2021
Quote:
Niquid, you are definitely looking to the future. I believe 10-15 years from now all music will be off the laptop and onto a USB stick or internal HDD like Denon or Rekordbox (Pioneer) does now. Like it or not, Pioneer is entrenched with Rekordbox. Denon is with Engine OS. There aren't too many big names left to partner with (Roland, Numark, Rane) none of which have the customer base compared to Pioneer and Denon. Serato needs to hurry up or be left out as these controller manufacturers will look to integrate their controller with software in one unit.

Look how Pioneer shook up the industry as they released the DDJ-1000 to only support Rekordbox. Everyone lost their minds until Pioneer followed it up with the DDJ-1000SRT a long year later!! I believe it won't be long until Pioneer simply just stops supporting Serato in future products. I think they are just waiting for Rekordbox to mature and develop more.

This.
dj ductape 1:49 PM - 28 July, 2021
I agree gentlemen!