Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SDJ 2.3.2 Practice mode - PLEASE put back BPM % & pitch buttons like they were!!

henryb 4:17 PM - 22 January, 2020
1. The + and - pitch buttons!! They used to be in the middle of the screen (left and right of the crossfader) exactly where they should be (by anyone's logic) since final pitch adjustments are made when 2 track are mixing using the crossfader... But now some genius in the app's design department decided to place these buttons in the FAAR left and FAAR right of the SDJ screen (as far away as they could be from the crossfader lol) which renders them completely useless as you have to be taking your pointer from one side of the screen to the other just to make minor pitch corrections. Mid-mix... PLEASE PUT THEM BACK THE WAY THEY WERE!!

2. Again, for some inexplicable reason, the same design-genius decided to hide the + and - % amount under the BPM value on each deck EVERY TIME you load a new track (while in sync mode) on each deck... You have to actually click in that area every time you want to see how much a loaded track has been pitched by... Instead of the % amount showing there ALL THE TIME (as it was and as it's only convenient to have it), instead we now have the letters "BPM" showing (useless as everyone knows that this is the BPM area...). PLEASE change it back the way it was!

The new GUI for SDJ has completely skrewed things up in offline practice mode!!! Two stupid changes that make everything difficult for no reason! Instead of providing improvements on the existing software, these changes have made Practice mode awful to use!! :( :( So I we are hoping that that Serato gets on this right away and fixes things again!

**UNLESS, of course, this was INTENTIONALLY done in order to make Practice mode crappy and inconvenient so that people will be FORCED to BUY the Serato Play expansion pack by making Practice Mode useless (instead of finding ways to just make Serato Play better).... I mean that's the only possible reason that I can think of how Serato would make such obvious blunders (anyone who actually uses Serato - as I am confident the Serato designers do - would know that these changes make NO SENSE WHATSOEVER).. I hope that this is not the case, and that this was an agenda-less mistake, and that these things will be immediately fixed in the next SDJ release! :)
Rob J 1:52 AM - 25 January, 2020
I noticed the new location of the pitch up and down buttons, but you know there are keyboard shortcuts for adjust pitch per deck. "T" and "Y" for the left deck, and "G" and "H" for the right deck. Give it a try and hopefully that helps you a bit.
henryb 8:05 AM - 25 January, 2020
Quote:
I noticed the new location of the pitch up and down buttons, but you know there are keyboard shortcuts for adjust pitch per deck. "T" and "Y" for the left deck, and "G" and "H" for the right deck. Give it a try and hopefully that helps you a bit.

I didn't know that - thanks for the info! - I will try it. But this nevertheless feels like another workaround to an unnecessary prob the app designers have just created (along with the +/- BPM % value that they have now hidden).. :( I am really hoping they will change things back to the way they were.
henryb 8:57 AM - 25 January, 2020
**DEAR MODERATORS: I just realized that I have posted this in the wrong area! :( :(

Can you please move this discussion to the Features-Request area??

Thanks!!