Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Android remote app

Realdealxtreme 3:40 AM - 21 January, 2020
Would LOVE to see an android app for remote.....
vboyd666 6:08 PM - 23 January, 2020
Not sure why. You aren't missing much other than the ability to have hot cues and loops on your phone or tablet. A remote that does not allow me to load a song, or even press play on it is not useful to me.

If I am on the stage MCing a crowd, away from the DJ booth, and wanted to play a song that I cued up, I can't. I can hot cue or loop the hell out of it, but I can't start the playback.
DJMIYAGI 11:08 PM - 23 January, 2020
Quote:
A remote that does not allow me to load a song, or even press play on it is not useful to me.

If I am on the stage MCing a crowd, away from the DJ booth, and wanted to play a song that I cued up, I can't. I can hot cue or loop the hell out of it, but I can't start the playback.

You can load tracks from Serato Remote just not view the library. Also, if you are using internal mode, you CAN play and pause tracks.
vboyd666 6:47 PM - 31 January, 2020
I'll have to open it back up again and review. But based on what you've said, how can you load a song if you can't see your library? And playing a song in internal mode only is not very useful, besides I use a controller so pressing play in the software (even with the remote) should activate playback on the controller.
DJMIYAGI 7:04 PM - 31 January, 2020
Quote:
I'll have to open it back up again and review. But based on what you've said, how can you load a song if you can't see your library?

While you can't see the library itself on the app, there are buttons to navigate up and down the library and load to each deck.
vboyd666 7:09 PM - 31 January, 2020
Quote:
While you can't see the library itself on the app, there are buttons to navigate up and down the library and load to each deck.

Oh. So you have to be in front of your laptop? Essentially, behind the DJ booth? Kind of missing the point of a remote. That's like having a remote starter for your car, but it will only work if you are in your car.
DJMIYAGI 7:23 PM - 31 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Oh. So you have to be in front of your laptop? Essentially, behind the DJ booth? Kind of missing the point of a remote. That's like having a remote starter for your car, but it will only work if you are in your car.

The app was originally made as a companion to go with mixers that had no extra bells and whistles like the 900NXS or Rane 61 for example. While the app doesn't replace the laptop screen it does allow you to use certain functions that may not be on every piece of DJ hardware.

However, I do highly agree the app needs a major overhaul or complete rebuild from the ground up. I would love a library view on the remote app.