DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Live Mixing of Pre-Made FL Patterns

Bingo Knight 3:12 PM - 16 January, 2020
Hello, I'm looking to make this whole DJ'ing thing fun for myself and others, but I am not an ableton live user and don't have the money or equipment to spend in Ableton Live queuing up perfectly times patterns. I am a FL Studio Producer user though and do have that software as well as Serato DJ Pro and have a 2 sided DJ controller that can control 4 tracks if I press the buttons for tracks 3 and 4.

I am wondering, has anyone ever tried taking patterns from FL Studio, exporting them (usually as .wav files and cutting the remainder or wrapping it), then putting them into serato as individual tracks to offer an actual live live mix? This is the only way I see as a producer/DJ could play their songs live while mixing versus just pressing play and only controlling slight EQ effects.

Ex.
- Loading in a drum loop into Serato on Track 1
(Wait 16-32 bars)
- Delay Track 1 by 1/2 measure, load in a bass loop on Track 2
(Waiting 8-64 bars)
- load in a synth on Track 3
(Waiting 16 bars)
- Adding Relay & Delay Track 3 by 1 measure
(Waiting 32 bars)
- Taking away effects from Track 1 & 3 (leaving the bass)
(Waiting 8 bars)
- Bringing all sound back with new effects
(Eventually bringing song back to initial drum loop)
- Mixing into a new pattern or new song.

Anyone else think this is a good way of doing this with a DJ controller with 2 jogwheels? I'm looking into other fairly inexpensive items like a Numark M6 4-channel mixer (Just a base box for bringing in volumes of 4 tracks and slight EQ'ing etc.)

Let me know what you guys think? Should I do that using FL Studio or should I conform to Ableton Live and be a easy pattern cue'r and say I'm a DJ?