Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Dj Pro Software Stops In the Middle of Playing

dainfamous 1:33 AM - 16 January, 2020
I'm having a bit of an issue right now. I'm running my system on a brand new Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series model 5593 laptop with a 10th Gen intel core i7 processor with a separate NVIDIA graphics card, 16GB of memory and I'm running windows 10. The issue is whenever I connect any type of hardware (ie CDJ's, controllers, turntable etc.) after playing for a few minutes (35-40 mins give or take), everything just stops or should I say freezes and I can't figure out for the life of me why it does that, but whenever I'm just on my laptop building crates listening to files or whatever there are no issues at all, only when I connect any hardware the issue happens. I'm running the latest Dj Pro update, my laptop is only a month old, I made sure all the drivers from any hardware that I connect are updated etc., can anyone offer me any solutions to this problem? I'd greatly appreciate it.
Don Pelleone 6:57 AM - 16 January, 2020
Hi,

Does it matter which USB port you connect to? Are you running the computer on battery or connected to the power outlet?
dainfamous 7:20 AM - 16 January, 2020
I'm not really sure if it matters what usb port I'm connected to, but I am connecting to 3,0 usb port, and I'm also connected to a power outlet, do you think I should connect to the 2.0 port instead?
Don Pelleone 11:49 AM - 16 January, 2020
If I don't know the cause of a problem I start by ruling things out. Therefore, I would begin by trying another port or another cable to see if that may be the cause.
DJNitro12 12:53 PM - 19 January, 2020
Mine does the same thing except it happens when I sort my library. Works ok until it's plugged into a controller
DJ JulioYEG 11:37 PM - 20 January, 2020
this happened to me at the club on sat running cdjs with timecode and a s9. process of elimination changed the rcas. used differnt timecode. then ran in internal still happened ten finally did a usb cable swap and we were golden swap ur cables
dainfamous 7:34 AM - 22 January, 2020
Hey I really appreciate it, everyone gonna try everything that was suggested
PaulT99 8:53 PM - 22 January, 2020
Its Windows 10. This has been such a common problem with Win10 and serato.

For total reliability you need to be running windows 7.
If you dont want to loose your current install. Then simply install win7 as a dual boot on another partition. So you boot into Win7 with no other software other than Serato.
The machine will then be super fast and never crash / freeze.
dainfamous 10:37 PM - 22 January, 2020
Wow, ok I never thought about doing that, thanks for the tip

Quote:
Its Windows 10. This has been such a common problem with Win10 and serato.

For total reliability you need to be running windows 7.
If you dont want to loose your current install. Then simply install win7 as a dual boot on another partition. So you boot into Win7 with no other software other than Serato.
The machine will then be super fast and never crash / freeze.
makkuso 6:05 AM - 24 January, 2020
Don Pelleone 11:12 AM - 24 January, 2020
Windows 7 is not supported anymore by Microsoft, so I would not downgrade unless absolutely necessary.