Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Automix update please

MR DJ CPT 7:07 AM - 14 January, 2020
Could someone FROM Serato only please let me know when will automix be ready for us, I know you guys don't discuss it openly with the customers, so you can send it directly to my email mrdjay4u@gmail.com YES OR NO, and maybe with a more or less date, PLEASE, PLEASE
vboyd666 9:46 PM - 14 January, 2020
MR DJ CPT. Clearly nobody is going to reply to your request. You have posted the same question multiple times. I am pretty sure that the last thing on the developers minds is to give you a road-map and workflow diagram of Serato's next 52-week design plan. You've made your feature request, move on.

That being said, I do want to address your feature request though. I personally hope they don't implement this feature. I don't need yet another technological feature that will provide yet another step toward a venue, bar owner, event planner, etc from wondering if they really need to hire a DJ because they can just turn on "Auto Mix".

Hey Serato: -1 from me for the AutoMix feature.
metroplex2005 11:01 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
MR DJ CPT. Clearly nobody is going to reply to your request. You have posted the same question multiple times. I am pretty sure that the last thing on the developers minds is to give you a road-map and workflow diagram of Serato's next 52-week design plan. You've made your feature request, move on.

+1

Quote:
That being said, I do want to address your feature request though. I personally hope they don't implement this feature. I don't need yet another technological feature that will provide yet another step toward a venue, bar owner, event planner, etc from wondering if they really need to hire a DJ because they can just turn on "Auto Mix".

+1
MR DJ CPT 6:22 AM - 15 January, 2020
1st if they do that they will not use serato or rekordbox because you have to pay for it VDJ 2020 is free to use from a laptop,
2nd all controllers come with a snyc button, ready for it IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT USE IT
3rd serato has pyro there more chance of someone plugging his phone-in than carrying a laptop around
4th Automix will never replace a DJ your job is not only to play music, but to entertain the people
5th A big company like Pioneer ( rekordbox has it )
6th It is the year 2020 so serato PLEASE put your big girl panties on and provide your customers there request, and i say it again AUTOMIX IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT USE IT
metroplex2005 1:44 PM - 18 January, 2020
MR DJ CPT please stop now, it's enough. You have expressed your wish more than once, now it is only annoying. Don't act like an impatient child without manners.
AKIEM 6:57 PM - 19 January, 2020
7th 'auto-mix' is for humans who cant DJ.
DJMIYAGI 8:56 PM - 22 January, 2020
Quote:
VDJ 2020 is free to use from a laptop

Then use VDJ already!
MR DJ CPT 5:51 AM - 23 January, 2020
Firstly I am not a fan of VDJ and to operate a Denon MC 7000 I would need a license, the reason I keep asking for Automix ( GOATBOY ) IS I am a Mobile DJ and I do a lot of weddings If you know anything about weddings ( GOATBOY ) you will know you only start to work once the dance floor is opened the rest is background music, so you see ( GOATBOY ) it's not that I cant DJ ( THE GUEST ) don't care about the music at predrinks and at main meals,
metroplex2005 6:15 AM - 23 January, 2020
For Automix just use vdj. No license is needed, just plug you laptops output jack into an aux/line input of your controller, so you can use both Programms simultaneously. Vdj for your beloved automix and sdj for real mixing.
Problem solved.
MR DJ CPT 6:55 AM - 23 January, 2020
Thanks for that info will try it out
vboyd666 5:13 PM - 23 January, 2020
If the intention of your request is as you say to play dinner music at a wedding. Then Serato has had "Automix" since it's inception. It's called "Autoplay" (button in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Just create a dinner music playlist, load the first track and hit play, it will play that entire playlist from start to finish.

I did want to address one other comment you made though. Above you said:

Quote:
Firstly I am not a fan of VDJ and to operate a Denon MC 7000 I would need a license

I take issue with this as you say you are a mobile DJ and perform at a lot of weddings. Therefore I assume you get paid to perform at a lot of weddings. If VDJ has the feature that you are requiring to "do your job". Then pay for it and that license. Support the ones who make the devices that give you gainful employment. AND don't get me started on pirated music.
MR DJ CPT 6:08 PM - 23 January, 2020
Yes I do get payed and why must I spend $ 299 or SA money (4300 Rand ) for VDJ pro which looks a lot like SDJ when I bought my controller the software came with it , Serato has feature I love and I have mailed them even if It is a Add on I will PAY , I mean I had never ever heard some bitch about automix in RB . and FYI there is a HUGE differences between contentious play and automix LIKE I SAID SEVERAL TIME BEFORE IF YOU DON'T LIKE DON'T USE IT , which bring me to the snyc button all controllers have it but never used DON'T HEAR ANYBODY SAY DON'T THAT CONTROLLER IT HAS A SYNC BUTTON
AKIEM 7:13 PM - 23 January, 2020
dont get that crap controller its a toy with a sync button