Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Echo Out BPM sync fix

deejay_buddha 6:47 PM - 27 December, 2019
This has been an ongoing issue.

The echo out effects in Serato don’t always hold the timing and when you trigger they sometime go way off. Just at random (have had success sometimes doing the same mix and other times it’s a trainwreck).

I can attach files as an example if need be, but PLEASE fix this. Not all DJs can afford to buy controllers with outboard effects so it’d be nice if it functioned correctly for all.
Res-Q 4:27 AM - 28 December, 2019
+1
Despo 9:14 AM - 28 December, 2019
Holy crap, just make the fx bpm related, can't believe they use beatgrids
deejay_buddha 2:32 PM - 28 December, 2019
Quote:

Agreed!!!!!!
deejay_buddha 2:35 PM - 28 December, 2019
Quote:

Or at the VERY least give us a checkbox

On to align the effects with beatgrids
Off to align the effect with BPM
DJVertigo 11:03 PM - 28 December, 2019
Yes please.
deejay_buddha 10:20 PM - 5 January, 2020
New year bump
melman 4:31 AM - 7 January, 2020
Agreed.
AKIEM 4:45 AM - 9 January, 2020
+
Comrade Tulayev 10:21 AM - 12 January, 2020
Or you could just learn how to use the software properly
deejay_buddha 3:50 PM - 12 January, 2020
Quote:
Or you could just learn how to use the software properly

Thanks for the useful contribution.... the feature is broken.
Comrade Tulayev 5:53 PM - 12 January, 2020
Its not. You just don't know how to use it.
deejay_buddha 8:58 PM - 12 January, 2020
Quote:
Its not. You just don't know how to use it.

It used to work better before (see the responses of people who agree, plus it’s documented)

Can we kill the argument here and just stick to getting this fixed?

Thanks.
Comrade Tulayev 10:17 PM - 12 January, 2020
It works. The people complaining are just too lazy to beatgrid their tunes. They've admitted themselves.
Despo 12:56 PM - 13 January, 2020
Just because a system works as intended doesn't mean its not shit
Comrade Tulayev 1:02 PM - 13 January, 2020
Quote:
Just because a system works as intended doesn't mean its not shit

What is shit about it?
Comrade Tulayev 1:03 PM - 13 January, 2020
Using beatgrids for fx timing is so shit that both Pioneer's and Denon's new hardware is implementing it.

Bunch of whinging clowns on this forum I swear
deejay_buddha 12:01 AM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Using beatgrids for fx timing is so shit that both Pioneer's and Denon's new hardware is implementing it.

Bunch of whinging clowns on this forum I swear

At least the whining clowns can spell :D

You just said yourself that the FX timing is bad in serato. All I’m asking is that it’s fixed.
Comrade Tulayev 9:27 AM - 14 January, 2020
Whinging, to whinge, i.e. whine like a toddler

Bloody yanks.
Comrade Tulayev 9:27 AM - 14 January, 2020
And no, I didn't say serato fx timing is bad
Comrade Tulayev 9:28 AM - 14 January, 2020
deejay_buddha 1:46 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:

A, Isn’t that you’re quote about FX timing?
B. For someone who complains about people on this forum for certain behaviour, it’s hilarious that you’re acting like the people you despise.
C. Can we stick to the topic? And if you’re not contributing, kindly keep your insults and commentary to yourself.

This post is starting to show that the mods clearly don’t read the forums, so this probably won’t get fixed.
deejay_buddha 3:07 PM - 14 January, 2020
Also if your argument is that Pioneer and Denon is using beatgrids for timing, that makes no sense because their effect works fine.... which means SERATO’S EFFECTS ARE BROKEN
Comrade Tulayev 4:31 PM - 14 January, 2020
You're not able to comprehend basic English.

Serato fx work fine. You just don't know how to use them. Beatgrid your tunes properly and the timing works.
AKIEM 7:24 PM - 14 January, 2020
lmao @ having to beat grid a track throw a delay on it
deejay_buddha 10:28 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:

Exactly lol

But let’s be real, it doesn’t matter, serato doesn’t seem to care about their user base and won’t respond to this let alone moderate the forum that allows people to make offensive comments either.
AKIEM 10:31 PM - 14 January, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly lol

But let’s be real, it doesn’t matter, serato doesn’t seem to care about their user base and won’t respond to this let alone moderate the forum that allows people to make offensive comments either.

lmao @ how offensive the forum was at one point - that shit was worse than 4chan
deejay_buddha 11:11 PM - 17 January, 2020
Yesterday while recording, combo echo works fine it seems ..... so it’s something that can be fixed I’d hope.
AlexC. 1:10 PM - 20 January, 2020
+1! This is ridiculous.
Comrade Tulayev 9:40 PM - 29 January, 2020
use the tap time button then if you're too lazy to beatgrid. just stop moaning that its broken when its not, its you who is too lazy/arrogant to learn how it works
deejay_buddha 5:00 PM - 30 January, 2020
Quote:
use the tap time button then if you're too lazy to beatgrid. just stop moaning that its broken when its not, its you who is too lazy/arrogant to learn how it works

I have beatgrided songs that still don’t work.

Not arrogant or lazy, you’re the only one in this thread who’s trolling.
Comrade Tulayev 6:00 PM - 30 January, 2020
I use echo loads as a dub DJ, it's absolutely fine for me.
AKIEM 8:43 PM - 30 January, 2020
lmao @ because dub echo never been on beat anyway
DJ Jon MixxEmUp 12:42 AM - 6 March, 2020
Hi, I know it's a little late, but I'll throw in my 2 cents. I somewhat agree with Comrade that you just need to use the software FX properly. When I first use the Serato Echo out effect I was just pressing the button towards the point where I'm mixing my next song and it sounded like shit. It was always off beat, that I was just about to give up and go back to the traditional fader/volume and hi/low pass cut for mixing. But with a little patience and lots of practice, I was able to get it working as it was meant to be. The key here is TIMING. You have to trigger that button at the right time and and the right word of the song when mixing out, any second late and it's shit. I got it mastered to the point that I used it often. I would normally use the 1/2 beat, but will used the 1 or 2 beat depending on the song I'm mixing out. Case in point, when I mix an old 80's song Sex Shooter (Apollonia 6) to 1999 (Prince), I triggevr the 1 beat echo out to the point when Sex Shooter word is being repeated. And at the fourth time I hit the button just when it's about to say Sex and it will repeat that word "sex, sex, sex" till it echoes out and 1999 comes in. Awesome transition, I find that better than your traditional fading out. Again this is me just using it for mixing out purposes on my Pioneer SX2, I know you can use it any other way. A good advice too is you have to learn to beat match by ear so your timing is precise while mixing. Peace.
Dj Owe 3:33 AM - 22 April, 2020
stilll keen for this feature